Stock car race comparison/challenge

• Thread starter hispeed
  • 1,409 comments
hispeed
JParker, You say stock HP. Is that without oil then (295HP).
Oilchange is allowed, but I like to get it right in the list.

To all posters: please write actual HP and weight found in spec-sheet where you can sell your car.
Sorry to post half cocked, hispeed. Actually I have driven this car quite a bit at various races. I'm sure I've changed the oil at some point. I'll take a look at the replay tonight and post the exact tonight or tomorrow. I do recall it being over 300.

JParker

To confirm jdw's result, I've just done this too.

Hot Rod Competition : El Capitan (3 Laps)
Car: DMC DeLorean S2 '04 / RR / 197HP / 1288kg / 6.433 kg/HP / 200 A-spec!

Opponents in starting order 1st - 5th
Callaway C12 '03
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
Dodge Viper GTS '99
Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04
Shelby Series 1 Super Charged '03

An easy 200pt race and a pleasant replay to watch too! (I always watch at least 1 lap of every race replay!)

*Edit* A new one too, think this is a highest PWR record for this race too! (MAX Drive replay available....)
Beginner League : Sunday Cup : Driving Park, Beginner Course (4 Laps)
Car: Daihatsu Storia CX 2WD '98 (Used, no oil) / FF / 52HP / 840kg / 15.918kg/HP / 200 A-spec points! :D

Opponents in starting order 1st - 5th
Fiat Punto HGT Arbarth '00
Peugeot 106 S16 '03
Scion xB '03
VW Polo GTi '01
Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Twinspark '02 *Edit*

PaleRider
Won at beginners hall - Autumn mini with a stock Volvo 240; that gave me 200 points..(btw; that Volvo is 1000pounds heavier than in real life.. :crazy: )

What line up did you get to see 200pts in the Volvo? I've tried about 10 races so far and the most I can see is 166pts. Was your Volvo used, and with old oil, or the brand new 0.0mile prizecar from Euro Hot Hatch league like mine? I get the same HP and weight stats as hispeed has listed in his first post, but I'm beginning to wonder if they're a little out. Anyone know what the Volvo's HP & PWR drops to when its on dirty oil? I don't want to buy one just to find out! :dopey:

They just keep coming!

Professional Events : Clubman Cup Race 5 : Deep Forest Raceway (3 Laps)
Car : Nissan 240SX '96 (Used, no oil) / FR / 184HP / 1220kg / 6.551kg/HP / 200 A-spec points!

Here's the replay, in MAX Drive format (NTSC) Please can someone verify the rules? There's a slight touch on the wall on the 2nd lap going onto the long backstraight up the hill. Does this constitute wall-riding & invalidate my race?
To my mind wallriding means prolonged contact with a wall or barrier in order to gain an advantage over other racers, e.g. using the barrier around the Karrussell at Nurburgring. What is everyone else's interpretation? I know by WRS rules that race would be invalid, but there's no point in the race where more than 2 tyres are not on the track, and there's some lovely clean overtaking manouevres, especially like the bit where Opel Speedster Turbo and Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 are passed together!

I'm pretty sure if I tried again I could keep this 100% clean, but its taken me 10 attempts to win the race without having more than 2 tyres leave the track, so I'm damned if I'm going to pursue it anymore, there's too many other races out there to have a go at!

Attachments

• 200 A-spec points Nissan 240 SX.max
    33.1 KB · Views: 13
Smallhorses
Please can someone verify the rules? There's a slight touch on the wall on the 2nd lap going onto the long backstraight up the hill. Does this constitute wall-riding & invalidate my race?

You're clean. Touching the wall is allowed as long as 2 wheels are still on track. Wallriding (as interpreted by me) is when you use the wall/barrier in a corner to avoid breaking and sustain a higher speed.

I'd also say that If one accidently goes off the track (without crashing), but not to take a shortcut and no advantage made of it, let's say at the ring enduro, that will be acceptable. The rules are made to avoid cheating and make for equal conditions for everyone.

If touching actually means crashing into the wall at 300km/h it would probably be wise to try again :)

Special conditions : Capri Rally easy.
Car : Renault 5 turbo '80 / S2 tyres / MR / 159hp / 6.10kg/hp / 110 A-spec points
Opponent : Lancia Delta Integrale '91

It's not much ( 110... ) , but it's a beginning .
We all know this race is the quickest way to get some money , but there is no reason why it should not be challenging too !

alech
Special conditions : Capri Rally easy.
Car : Renault 5 turbo '80 / S2 tyres / MR / 159hp / 6.10kg/hp / 110 A-spec points
Opponent : Lancia Delta Integrale '91

It's not much ( 110... ) , but it's a beginning .
We all know this race is the quickest way to get some money , but there is no reason why it should not be challenging too !

Tried the capri - easy- forward- excact same car stock against the lancia (159BHP in the valuation sheet) ...and got 96 A-spec.
I'm running the PAL version. Don't remember if I had an oil change, that might be the the reason for the difference, or did you add ballast?

Did you get 110 A-spec both normal and reverse?

Just got 115 A-spec against the Toyota Celica with the Nissan 240ZG '71 (156HP / 1010kg / 6.47 kg/HP)
And 127 A-spec against the Lancia with the stock Lupo Cup Car

This is too much fun, I'm spending so long trying to find 200pt stock races now that I've almost forgotten my goal of reaching 25% as soon as possible so I can start on the Enduros! Now looking forward to trying for 200pt stock races on each of those though!

My latest challenge :

Beginner Events : FF Challenge : Suzuka Circuit East Course (3 Laps)
Car : Toyota Carina ED 2.0 X 4WS (Used, no oil) / FF / 111HP / 1200kg / 10.623kg/HP / 200 A-spec points!

Nice 👍

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh! So close! :ill:
Have been trying to find 200pt stock race for Beginner League 4WD, and noticed that jdw was able to get 199pts with a 6.1kg/HP 3000GT.
Went back to my garage and found a car with ~6.6kg/HP and thought that ought to do it.... tried 30(!) lineups, and found that the 2nd one which gave me 199pts as well was as high as it got! So I reset and took the 199pts stock.
By the way jdw were you finding the 2nd lineup in these races, the one with Audi Quattro '82, Ford RS200 '84, Hyundai Clix '01 Audi RS6 '02 and Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '02 was giving you most points too? Obviously lineups including the Dodge Ram are low on points and have to be avoided, but are there any other vehicles to lookout for which will lower the points total? I'm guessing the Audi TT 1.8T Quattro isn't up to much.....
Anyway, here's my 199 point race....:(

Beginner Events : 4WD Challenge : El Capitan Reverse (2 Laps)
Car : Nissan Stagea 260RS AutechVersion '98 (Used, no oil) / 4WD / 253HP / 1720kg / 6.695kg/HP / 199 A-spec points

*Edit*
Got it!!!
Against the same lineup I mentioned above in bold....

Beginner Events : 4WD Challenge : Suzuka Circuit East Course (3 Laps)
Car : Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '96 (Used, no oil) / 4WD / 200HP / 1610kg / 7.919kg/HP / 200 A-spec points!*Edit*

Smallhorses
By the way jdw were you finding the 2nd lineup in these races, the one with Audi Quattro '82, Ford RS200 '84, Hyundai Clix '01 Audi RS6 '02 and Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '02 was giving you most points too?

*Edit*
Got it!!!
Against the same lineup I mentioned above in bold....

Beginner Events : 4WD Challenge : Suzuka Circuit East Course (3 Laps)
Car : Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '96 (Used, no oil) / 4WD / 200HP / 1610kg / 7.919kg/HP / 200 A-spec points!*Edit*

Yes, that's my fault. Didn't realize which 3000GT it was until much later (actually only recently because I was trying to use it in the rallies and was not doing well). It's the SL alright. The only difference... I had the oil changed. That brought me to 199. The Celica GT-Four can get 199p too, but I prefer the 3000GT.

Interesting. Yes, that's the exact same 2nd lineup I had!
Do you have the NTSC version or PAL?

The 1st lineup was: RAM, New Beetle RSI, Audi RS 4, Land Rover and RS200.
The point difference between lineup #1 and #2 is about 113p.

That Ford RS200 sure was slippery. I remember that all of the sudden my best track was turned into the hardest (El Cap) because that RS200 was so hard to block!

I'm on NTSC. I'm out in California though I'm a British Citizen. (Hence my love of the Union Jack Mini!)

There may be a difference in the 3000GT SL's, since there's a '95, '96 & '98 available! Mine was the '96 and still gave 200pts with an oil change against that lineup. However, it was too easy at Suzuka with the extra 25HP it gave me, so I reset and went after it without! I'm a huge fan of really tricky, close racing, I've not done any GT4 write-ups yet, but you'll find a load of my hits & near misses in the GT3 write-ups forum if that sort of thing interests you. GT4 ones will be coming when I get to 25% and begin the enduros. Now I've discovered this thread, I'm trying to get there with as many stock 200pt races under my belt as possible! about 20.7% at the moment, and trying to crack Autumn Ring Mini in Sunday Cup with the stock Honda S500 with oil change, its a 200pt race just waiting to happen, but it'll take some doing! I'm trying not to do more races than necessary in any car, there's 700+ cars and only 500-something races, so I figure I should run any 3 or 5 single race cups in 3 or 5 different cars, if they're eligible, as there are certain series where its 3 single races, but only 1 car is permitted to enter. It's expensive & time consuming, but explains why I've come up with so many obscure stock 200pt combinations at the moment, as I'm trying to buy all the lowest mileage versions of all the used cars, and actually drive them all too!
I have a useful spreadsheet that tells me when these occur that I extracted from a fabulous excel file put together by TornadoAlley which you can find here, if you haven't already! :sly:
TornadoAlley's used car list (with filtering functions)

jdw
That Ford RS200 sure was slippery. I remember that all of the sudden my best track was turned into the hardest (El Cap) because that RS200 was so hard to block!

In the Stagea I didn't find it necessary to block the RS200, he blew by me on the straight at the end of the 1st lap, (I'm a gentleman, I let him go!) but I was easily able to catch and pull away from him through the twisty bits, then he caught me again just before the hilly part and the tunnel, but he's easy to pull away from there as he brakes far too hard before going up the hill.
I doubt it would be so easy on that track in my 3000GT SL, but until I'm 100% and looking to mop up points wherever possible I won't be trying it.... I'll keep you posted when I do though, and I'm sure in that car the blocking might be necessary!

This thread is interesting. Here's my first contribution:

FF Challenge -- Suzuka Circuit East Course / Honda Accord Coupe '88 (used, oil change only) / 118 HP / 1220 kg / 10.3 kg/HP / 191 pts.

The field: Opel Vectra 3.2 V6 '03
Renault Megane 2.0 IDE Coupe '00
Toyota Corolla Runx Z Aerotourer '02
Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg ZR '97
Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02

Margin of victory: +4.768 sec.

I'll be on the lookout for more 200 point races.

Alright been a while so I'll toss out some entries:

GT All Stars
Chapparal 2J 200p sweep for all except Test Course (duh) and the Ring.
vs. 92, BMW LMR, GT-ONE, Toyota 7 and the 390.
Fun moment... watching the Toyota 7 in the Autumn Ring Replay and find out why I lapped him! :lol:

If I could actually keep the 2J ON the track I'd be able to win the Ring :banghead:

Real Circuits My new friend the 2J again for 200p sweep of all but Ring.
vs. Toyota 7, 92, Bentley, GT-ONE and Nissan GT-R.

Q: What's the difference btw these two races?
A: All Stars they're on R3s, Real Ckts they're on R4s.

And so the 7 went from joke to REAL threat.

Due to this... I used the McLaren F1 against the same lineup for 200p on the Ring. If you haven't done this race yet... do it against the hardest lineup you can find and watch what happens! :sly:

Supercar M5 for a full 200p sweep
vs. Cien, Nardo, S7, GT, Spyker.

Beware NY + Cien. Nasty.

And a couple mfg races I thought were worthy of mentioning.

Camaro The IROC gets 108p. Fairly easy.
Aston Martin The DB7 gets 118p. Fairly easy.

And the best of the bunch...

Black Pool TVR V8S gets 200p as long as the 12 is there. (w/o the 12 the points would be 145-165).

Well... I managed 200 at all but Fuji.

I know I can do Fuji since I've been in 1st going into the final straight 3 times now... but... well.. I swear the 12 is the Antichrist. :ouch: :ill: :lol:

jdw
Due to this... I used the McLaren F1 against the same lineup for 200p on the Ring. If you haven't done this race yet... do it against the hardest lineup you can find and watch what happens! :sly:

I like this one..............

jdw
And the best of the bunch...

Black Pool TVR V8S gets 200p as long as the 12 is there. (w/o the 12 the points would be 145-165).

Well... I managed 200 at all but Fuji.

I know I can do Fuji since I've been in 1st going into the final straight 3 times now... but... well.. I swear the 12 is the Antichrist. :ouch: :ill: :lol:

Get a couple of seconds up onto the back straight, watch your mirror, pull in front of him and then hit the handbrake just as he hits you. the 12 will wheelspin horribly and you'll pull away like a train. Cheap, but funny. 👍

Race Of NA Sport -- Infineon Raceway Sports Car Course / Holden Monaro CV8 '04 (no oil change) / FR / 328 HP / 1658 kg / 5.1 kg/HP / 192 pts.

The field: TVR T350C '03
Pagani Zonda C12 '00
Proto Motors Spirra 4.6 V8 '04
Callaway C12 '03
Nissan 350Z (Z33) '03
Margin of victory: .181 sec.

This was quite a bit of fun. The TVR, Pagani, and the Spirra were all breathing down my neck coming out of the final turn, but a well-timed block secured the victory.

Sunday Cup -- Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse / Toyota Prius G Touring Selection (J) '03 (oil change only) / FF / 83 HP / 1290 kg / 15.5 kg/HP / 200 pts

The field: BMW 120i '04
Fiat Punto HGT Abarth '00
Renault Megane 2.0 IDE Coupe '00
MG TF160 '03
Peugeot 206 S16 '99
Margin of victory: 1.262 sec.

This field took entirely too long to find, but surprisingly, it was quite a bit easier than the 198 pt. race I'd done before it. Of course, it helped when the BMW and the Fiat bumped in the tunnel just after I'd passed them to allow me to pull away and hold on for the win.

Japan Hall:Japan 90's Race 5 Fuji 90's
Car: Nissan Sileighty / FF / ?HP / ?kg / ? kg/HP / 110 A-spec

European Hall: Deutsche touring Car Championship race 1 - Opera Paris
Car: AMG Mercedes 190 Evo-II Touring Car '92 / FR / 376HP / 980kg / 2.6kg/HP / 111 A-spec

European Hall: Deutsche touring Car Championship race 5 - Fuji
Car: AMG Mercedes 190 Evo-II Touring Car '92 / FR / 376HP / 980kg / 2.6kg/HP / 113 A-spec

Professional hall: World Compact Car Race 1 - Seattle
Car: Ginetta G4 '64 / 90 HP / 454 kg/ 5.0 kg/HP / 11 A-Spec

Professional hall: World Compact Car Race 4 - Hong Kong
Car: Ginetta G4 '64 / 90 HP / 454 kg/ 5.0 kg/HP / 35 A-Spec

Professional hall: World Compact Car Race 5 - Twin Ring Motegi
Car: Ginetta G4 '64 / 90 HP / 454 kg/ 5.0 kg/HP / 52 A-Spec

route_66
Get a couple of seconds up onto the back straight, watch your mirror, pull in front of him and then hit the handbrake just as he hits you. the 12 will wheelspin horribly and you'll pull away like a train. Cheap, but funny. 👍

Ahhh... the handbrake! Didn't even think of that.

After getting batted around like a ragdoll, I took to vengeful tactics. I was working on sticking him into the corner going into the Esses.

Hand brake... I like it. :mischievous:

Thanks!

Extreme hall: Like The Wind Race - Test Course
Car: Chaparral 2J Race Car ('70) / MR / 679HP / 820kg / 1.2kg/HP / 200 A-Spec points :)

Nice little turbine-powered car! Just adjust tranny and turn off driving aids, and it's 200 stock points for all of you.

Most gaps are getting filled! Nice job all of you. Hope the list is useful as reference to all GT4 racers.

hispeed
Extreme hall: Like The Wind Race - Test Course
Car: Chaparral 2J Race Car ('70) / MR / 679HP / 820kg / 1.2kg/HP / 200 A-Spec points :)

Nice little turbine-powered car! Just adjust tranny and turn off driving aids, and it's 200 stock points for all of you.

Doesn't changing the transmission make this entry ineligible? I know its your thread, but even you have to keep with the rules don't you?... :yuck:

Anyway, I've got some entries for you:

Professional hall: World Classic Car Race 1 - Fuji
Car: Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70 / 108 HP / 900 kg/ 8.3 kg/HP / 10 A-Spec

Professional hall: World Classic Car Race 2 - El Capitan

Professional hall: World Classic Car Race 3 - Nurburgring

Professional hall: World Classic Car Race 4 - Cote D'Azur

Professional hall: World Classic Car Race 5 - Laguna Seca

Here's the line up for all the races:

Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetta '66
Nissan Silvia (CSP311) '65
Nissan Skyline (BLRA-3) '62
Honda S800 '66
Nissan Skyline (S50D-1) '67

To have any chance with this Honda, you'll need to get a line up with out the AC or the Buick. They're way faster than anything else. :)

I wasn't going to post these races as they were only worth a measly 10 points, but when I saw the previous best was 6 points - heck, I've almost doubled it... 👍

ferrari_chris
Doesn't changing the transmission make this entry ineligible? I know its your thread, but even you have to keep with the rules don't you?... :yuck:

I never really had this matter in mind when I made the rules. For me "stock" meant that you can't buy new parts for the car. The chapparal comes with custom tranny therefore no new parts have been bought. I think altering settings on your stock car is'nt "tuning" per se. I've clarified this in the rules section.

If there is massive opposition to this, and everyone thinks changing settings should'nt be allowed, please let me know.

hispeed
I never really had this matter in mind when I made the rules. For me "stock" meant that you can't buy new parts for the car. The chapparal comes with custom tranny therefore no new parts have been bought. I think altering settings on your stock car is'nt "tuning" per se. I've clarified this in the rules section.

:guilty: My bad, I didn't know the Chapparal came with an adjustable transmission - I agree that if it comes as standard you can adjust it. Sounds all sweet then. Sorry dude. :)

I've got some more entries for you: :)

Professional hall: World Compact Car Race 1 - Seattle
Car: VW Golf I GTI '76 / 114 HP / 820 kg/ 7.2 kg/HP / 103 A-Spec

Professional hall: World Compact Car Race 2 - Tsukuba

Professional hall: World Compact Car Race 3 - Grand Valley Speedway

Professional hall: World Compact Car Race 4 - Hong Kong (Reverse)

Professional hall: World Compact Car Race 5 - Twin Ring Motegi East - Short Course

Here's the line up for all the races:

Opel Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01
Peugeot 206 S16 '99
VW Lupo 1.4 '02
Opel Tigra 1.6i '99
VW Polo GTI '01

Another new one....

Manufacturer's Events : Nissan : Race of the Red "R" Emblem : Trial Mountain Reverse (6 Laps)
Car: Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M '89 (Used, Oil changed) / FR / 212HP / 1260kg / 5.851kg/HP / 200 A-spec points!

*Edit* Another one....but not full points. :(
Manufacturer's Events : Nissan : Race of the Red "R" Emblem : Fuji Speedway 80's (4 Laps)
Car : Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec (R33) '96 (Used, No oil) / 4WD /289HP / 1540kg / 5.259kg/HP / 150 A-spec points

*Edit* Another in a different car, less points again, but the most fun race of these 3! :D
Manufacturer's Events : Nissan : Race of the Red "R" Emblem : Suzuka Circuit (6 Laps)
Car : Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec (R33) '97(6.2mile Used, No oil) / 4WD / 320HP / 1540kg / 4.740kg/HP / 130 A-spec points

Not quite the 200pts that jdw predicted, but then again I did change oil, so without, 200 is probably possible, that or using the slightly heavier V8 SE would work. That said, it was tough enough with the car as it is in certain races, Fuji especially.

European Hall: British GT Series : All races
Car : Lotus Esprit V8 GT '98 (Used, oil changed) / MR / 352HP / 1325kg / 3.709kg/HP / 194 A-spec points (for each race.)

Opponents were, in no particular order; TVR Tuscan Speed Six, TVR Tamora, TVR 350C, Aston Martin DB9, Lotus Esprit V8 SE.

Got a gorgeous Jaguar E-type Coupe '61 in Opalescent Silver Blue Metallic for my troubles too. :D Life is sweet, now at 23.9% complete. Just 6 more races & I'm at the magic 25% to go and try out some enduros! 👍

@ hispeed did you notice the two other races I added to the post above this one? I'm conscious of trying not to double post :guilty: , but then I'm concerned races will get missed if I just keep editing the same posts over and over.

*Edit* Here's an extra race for this evening....
Professional Hall : Race of Turbo Sports : High Speed Ring (3 Laps)
Car : Lotus Carlton '90 (Used, no oil) / FR / 340HP / 1655kg / 4.802kg/HP / 200 A-spec points!

Against 3rd lineup available, Audi S4 '98, Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Ver.VI '99, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03, Dodge SRT4 '03, Buick GNX '87

*Edit* Battled with this for a while to get a clean run, but it was great fun! :D Kind of an unusual choice, but a great handling car despite looking like an extra from TRON or Dr Who! :lol: That's it for tonight, I'm off to bed!

Professional Hall : Race of NA Sports : Trial Mountain (3 Laps)
Car : Dome Zero '78 (prizecar) / MR / 165HP (on garage screen, blank in selling screen) / 920kg / 5.570kg/HP / 200 A-spec points!

Against 1st lineup that pops up each time after reset.
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00, Callaway C12 '03, Audi S4 '03, BMW M3 '04 and Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04

The Chrysler Crossfire is a nice car, did a few races at clubman at the professional hall for 169p . Even tried my favourite track, El Capitan at tuning car cup, but no, isn't possible stock.... :(

Oh my word! :eek: :cool:

Just got done with this, its the best 200 point stock race I've had so far!
Its 100% clean, barely a touch of the grass with 1 tyre, nevermind 2, no AI contact and no wall contact! Such a beauty I thought you might like to see the replay! (NTSC MAX Drive format)

Professional Hall : Race of NA Sports : Infinion Raceway (3 Laps)
Car : Honda S2000 '99 (Used, oil changed) / FR / 243HP / 1240kg / 5.036kg/HP / 200 A-spec points! :D

versus same lineup I got 200 for at Trial Mountain in the Dome Zero.

Attachments

• 200 A-spec points S2000.max
    35.4 KB · Views: 29
Smallhorses
Oh my word! :eek: :cool:

Just got done with this, its the best 200 point stock race I've had so far!
Its 100% clean, barely a touch of the grass with 1 tyre, nevermind 2, no AI contact and no wall contact! Such a beauty I thought you might like to see the replay! (NTSC MAX Drive format)

Professional Hall : Race of NA Sports : Infinion Raceway (3 Laps)
Car : Honda S2000 '99 (Used, oil changed) / FR / 243HP / 1240kg / 5.036kg/HP / 200 A-spec points! :D

Awesome! 👍

There's one other track in NA that isn't too bad. SS5.

jdw
Awesome! 👍

There's one other track in NA that isn't too bad. SS5.

Thanks, I can see Apricot Hill & Motegi will take some doing though. Tried with the S2000 at Apricot, and was blown away by the Mustang! I'm not bad at that track either!

Anyway, got another one for you, and have found something interesting about lineup reproducibility and would like someone on NTSC especially to try it too, but I'm curious if its the same for PAL also, so maybe jdw & Hispeed can help out.
I found the following lineup for Race of Turbo Sports to be a good one, and a very pleasant surprise for Midfield especially! :sly: Sorry for the long post.....

I found it by accident, but I can get back to it by repeating the same combination of entries. Does anyone else have any magic combos to share?

The lineup:- 1st Ford Focus RS'02 2nd Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '95 3rd Lexus SC300 '97 4th Subaru Impreza STi Prodrive Style '01 5th Mazda RX-7 Infini III (FC,J) '90 (2nd & 3rd may be the other way around I can't fully remember.)

Got tired of the same lineups everytime you enter and exit after a reset, so I exited the cup and entered a race in another cup before going back to the original race. This gives a different line up, but provided you keep the races you enter and exit the same, it seems to give the same lineups each time.
Here's how to get to this "magic" lineup.
Enter Race of Turbo Sports race at Midfield, exit before starting. Enter Clubman cup race at Apricot Hill, exit before starting. Go back to Race of Turbo Sports race at Midfield, enter and exit before starting twice, the third time you re-enter now should give you this lineup.

Why is it nice? I didn't win the 1st time, and was driving dirty to keep up with the Subaru, despite the lag created by having 2 high powered FF cars on the front row of the grid, he gets away relatively cleanly apart from hitting the Lexus, and he enters the 1st corner in 1st place.
After the 1st time I thought I'd need to restart and hope to be close enough to give him a nudge into the sand on the bend after the tunnel, so I tried to get the same lineup again, and lo-and-behold there it was. Was close enough to the Subaru to think about finishing the race, and on the last lap, even though I was about a second back, he goes off into the sand after the tunnel and spins! Went on to win but wasn't satisfied as I'd been grasscutting in several bends to keep up. So, I decided to see if its a one-off lucky event and abandoned my 200 points and reset. Got back to same lineup, drove as cleanly as possible, some AI contact, but no more than 2 tyres off track at anytime and was about 2s down in 2nd place on the last lap, when off goes the Scooby again, into the sand! Went on to win cleanly this time for 200 stock A-spec points! :D
A lineup worth looking out for. So there's my secret, got anymore to share? ;)

Professional Hall : Race of Turbo Sports : Midfield Raceway (3 Laps)
Car : Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J) '95 (6.2mile Used, oil changed) / 4WD / 328HP / 1710kg / 5.135kg/HP / 200 A-spec points!

New 200 pts car:

Professional hall: Clubman cup race 5 - Deep Forest
Car: Audi S3 '02 / 4WD / 210HP (no oil) / 1420kg / 6.8kg/HP / 200 A-spec*

Line-up:

Dodge SRT4 '03
Audi S4 '98
Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00
Opel Speedster Turbo '00
Mazda Rx-7 RS-R '97

Tried a few times, quite easy win due to all the corners. Once you pass the lead car, for some reason he seems to give up, especially if I pass at some speed compared to the lead AI. If I barely squeeze past him, there's no such collapse of AI pride. Any comments on this?

Stars and Stripes -- Infineon Raceway Stock Car Course / Infiniti G35 Sedan '03 (oil change only) / FR / 271 HP / 1513 kg / 5.6 kg/HP / 200 pts

The field: Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04, Chevrolet Camaro SS '00, Shelby Series 1 Super Charged '03, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00, Dodge Viper GTS '99

Stars and Stripes -- Seattle Circuit / Lexus SC430 '01 (oil change only) / FR / 289 HP / 1730 kg / 6.0 kg/HP / 191 pts

The field: Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00, Dodge Viper GTS '99, Shelby Series 1 Super Charged '03, Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04, Chevrolet Camaro SS '00

Even though Stars and Stripes already has several entries, I figured I'd just try some different cars. I'll have to try and match some of the other entries sometime soon.

Europe Classic Car League -- Opera Paris Reverse / Lotus Elan S1 '62 (oil change only) / FR / 110 HP / 639 kg / 5.8 kg/HP / 69 pts

The field: Jaguar E-Type Coupe '61, Mercedes 300SL Coupe '54, Lotus Elan S1 '62, Ginetta G4 '64, Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA 1600 '65

The points here aren't very impressive, and this race is way too easy. However, this series is extremely unbalanced, and this is one of the most balanced fields I was able to find.

Japanese Compact Cup -- Suzuka Circuit East Course / Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79 (oil only) / FF / 88 HP / 780 kg / 8.9 kg/HP / 107 pts

The field: Toyota Vitz RS Turbo '02, Toyota Vitz F '99, Nissan Micra '03, Mazda Demio (J) '99, Mazda Demio Sport '03

The points total isn't all that impressive here either, but I'd figured I'd just throw this out in the open, since I didn't notice any other entries for it. I'm pretty sure there's room for improvement here.

Back