GTPDC2 .:Results posted:.

• Thread starter Sheron
  • 65 comments
Well, it's been a while since GTPDC1. So I'm going to re-start this (I know I'm not a Head Judge, so any head judge can take over this anytime).

Let's start:

GTPDC2: THE REBIRTH

gtpdc2intro3zy.jpg

Now for the instructions. It is imperative that you read this before you register:

This will be a exhibition drift only. There will be categories: Professional and Amateur. To participate, here's what you need to do: Decide on what car, division, and category you want to compete in.
PM me what division and category you want to compete in.

DO NOT POST YOUR CAR SELECTION IN THIS THREAD PLEASE PM ME WHAT CAR YOU ARE GOING TO BE USING.

Your video must not contain your name, or any way to identify who's video it is (to promote fairness in judging).... Instead, use the number that has been assigned to you (via PM), by the head judge...

When you want to turn in your entries, please upload it to either Pergatory's FTP or 19XX's FTP (or any FTP of your choice) and only give the head judge the link to the videos, and as soon as they are evaluated, the links will be made public to promote fairness in these challenges.

When the video is uploaded please PM [Sheron] with the link of the video... and post in the thread that your video is uploaded so the judges will know to check there PMs...

The video must include the lateral G-meter, speedometer, wheel(if possible), T times, and lap time. Your vid should be a one lap replay without editing, unless you are in the AM Class than you do the corners listed below.

Good luck to our participants and drift on....

Deadline: Sunday, Oct 2, 2005
Track: Hong Kong II (reverse)
Car: You can spend up to 35,000 credits. This includes the car price and parts
. Please be fair, there's no money prize for the winner.

You need to post the car price, mods you've bought and its price, to prove you haven't spent more than 35k crd. Do NOT post what car are you using.

Example:

Car: 8,130
Oil change: 50
2-way LSD: 4,250
Short gear change: 5,600
Triple clutch: 4,600
Semi-racing suspension: 7,200
Weight reduction 1: 1,100
Sports CPU: 1,250
Recing flywheel: 1,000
N1 tyres: free
Rims: 500
TOTAL: 34,030

hongkong.jpg

The amateur class will be doing the turns from the start to the first hairpin

If you have anymore questions, please check this link GTPDC INFO If your answer is not there, then ask in this thread.

I hope everyone has fun! Good luck and Drift on.

.:Exhibition:.

-[Professional]-
bamboo
Suzuki

-[Amateur]-
DriftingDreamer
CoolGeekz

Scoring:
Style - 10 points
Angle - 10 points
Control - 10 points
Smoke - 5 points

Head Judge: Me? :sly:

.:Judges:.

Delphic Reason
Swift
vinsion
ForcedInduction

DO NOT I REPEAT POST WHAT CAR YOU ARE GOING TO BE USING......

.:RESULTS:.

gtpdc2results6ug.gif

Videos:

Contestant 1: Drifting Dreamer 12Mb

Contestant 2: CoolGeekz 13Mb

Contestant 3: bamboo 20Mb

Contestant 4: Suzuki 26Mb (right click on it)

Congrats to Suzuki for winning the GTPDC2 👍
And thanks to all participants :)

Alrighty the second GTPDC hope this one turns out better than the last one and more participation. :crazy:

IMO Hong Kong is not a fun course to drift, but I'll submit an entry. :)

I never drift thought to drift it cause it has little corners :crazy: . I figured I'd be smashin' into the wall all the time... meh whatever...

If anyone want to join, select a class: Professional or Amateur.
And post the price of the car, mods and it's price. Don't tell what car are you using.

I selected this track in order to see something new, untouched. I did a couple of laps to test the "driftability" of this track.

The 35,000 crd limit is quite low, because you don't need much power here, all corners are tight.

I might possibly enter, i think im getting my hands on a capture card soon.

HK.. never drifted the nightlife of Hong Kong before, ill give it a bearl.

I hope they're will be no wall touching in these vids :dopey:

ah, HKII. I've tried drifting it a few times. The first 5 turns are fun, but I've never put together a full lap - at least not a pretty one.

I can't say yet if i'll be a part of this or not. It'll depend on how busy I am with school.
btw Sheron - i'm not opposed to judging *hint*hint*

well heres what i came up with.... :sly:

COST: 9,463
N2 TIRES: FREE
OIL CHANGE: 50
CAR WASH: 50
SEMI-RACING EXHAUST: 2,850
RACING CHIP: 1,250
RACING INTERCOOLER: 2,700
STAGE 1 WEIGHT REDUCTION: 1,100
FULL CUSTOMIZE SUSPENSION: 16,000
ENKEI 047 RIMS: 500 :crazy:

TOTAL: 33,963 👍

still working on a good replay though :indiff:

Hi sheron. I'm not going to take part of this competition because I'm still pretty bad drifting, I'm just starting to drift with GT4, but maybe in a few days I will have enough level to be part of that kind of competition. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the information you gave me in te spanish gt forum. 👍
see ya

the last 2 corners for the amateur class are SOO HARD to pull off a good drift imo.....there just sooo tight...if i manage to get through them without hitting the walls, im not even drifting no more <_<

DriftingDreamer
the last 2 corners for the amateur class are SOO HARD to pull off a good drift imo.....there just sooo tight...if i manage to get through them without hitting the walls, im not even drifting no more <_<

ebrake man, ebrake
*hint*hint*nudge*nudge*

more than possible

DriftingDreamer
Every Corner is Possible with practice.

The Track is actually easier than i thought.. I think its possible to sway all or most of the course.

DriftingDreamer
lol i thought the e-break was looked down upon? :indiff: ...

many new drifters over use it or misuse use it - in that case, yes, it is sort of frowned upon. But there are still circumstances that warrant an ebrake pull. Sometimes it is the only option for initiating a drift where track space is limited.

The drifters on the judging panel are experienced enough to realize this and will not penalize for it's use, as long as it's done correctly, and with a little style.

and now for you viewing pleasure :sly:

ya right.

compiled a real short clip here just to demo how i do turn 5.
It also shows turn 6, but maybe ignore that, you can do it better. I needed some different LSD settings.

the car is fully legal within this 35K limit. I don't mind showing it b/c it still needs tweaking, and i probably wont get enough time to enter this with a lap i'm satisfied with, anyways.

Yousendit Link, Click Here

not perfect, I didnt spend too much time with it. Juust a vague impression of what is possible.

Maple Leaf whats that all aboot, eh? :lol:

I just built a car within the 35K limit, just need to drift it on HK... :grumpy:
Rubmle strips are throwing me off... :indiff:

TankSpanker
and now for you viewing pleasure :sly:

ya right.

compiled a real short clip here just to demo how i do turn 5.
It also shows turn 6, but maybe ignore that, you can do it better. I needed some different LSD settings.

the car is fully legal within this 35K limit. I don't mind showing it b/c it still needs tweaking, and i probably wont get enough time to enter this with a lap i'm satisfied with, anyways.

Yousendit Link, Click Here

not perfect, I didnt spend too much time with it. Juust a vague impression of what is possible.

woah.... :drool: thx TS great vid 👍

lol and i thought i alreadi had a good run..*sigh*...good thing the deadline is still weeks away :ouch:

im debating on entering or not, what div i want.
but i think i know my car.
as of right now...
Car-35000 cr
N1 tires-Free
Total 35000cr

im going to take a few days to decide on everything, so when i do, ill pm you sheron.

EDIT found a better setup i like.
car - 21969
n1 tires - free
race trans - 10200
oil change - 50
total - 32219

DriftingDreamer
why not pro suzuki?
lol it looks like bamboo needs a challenge 💡
yeah i was thinking that too. but this is the first time ive really ran this track period.

EDIT: sheron, are rims free? they do nothing performance wise, they are for appearance only... just wondering. no big deal really.

o man im pissed....i managed to link the first two 90's perfectly but i never completed the run sucessfully....now i got a run together but it doesnt hav any linking.....and wenever i do manage to link it again i fail the rest of the turns :[

if you dont no what im talking about its the first 2 corners from the starting line....you do it by starting your drift as far left as possible into the right corner...then as your drift starts to slow down you turn left and start drifting through the left corner, countersteer and your good....i just cant spin the wheel that fast everytime <_<...i could probably do it once every 50 tries but then i would still need to finish the rest of the corners without messing up...

eh...w.e...if i cant get it by the 20th i'll just turn in what i have...

Back