slipSHOTS: GT4

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 725 comments
SlipZtrEm
Also, henceforth this gallery will operate much the same way as others; new updates will be made in new posts, not to the first post. Limit duly hit.

I was wondering when that was going to happen :)

Kenny - It's just a fun car, isn't it? May I ask what colour the car will be, or is it a surprise? :)

Yes, it certainly is fun and doesn't handle as much as it weights.... though it's not so nimble as a Lotus Elan :crazy:

I posted a few pics of it in my last update to my gallery, link in sig :)

I really like pitures 2, 4 ,6 and 8 from the Elise update. Despite being old they have just the right amount of colors and shadows.

Beautiful Elise pics slip! I'm certainly diggin the color! great contrast with the car, rims and BG! excellent update! I have a new update up, stop by when you have time!

I'm loving the Aston Martin V8 Vantage @ Autumn Ring set, especially this shot:

Not much else I can say other than nice work! 👍

Wholey moley! I can't say anything new because its all been said before, your gallery seriously rocks. The only thing I can really say is to be careful with cropping your pictures. Try to ensure that your subjects have breathing space, instead of having them tucked right up against the edge of the frame. Man that made me sound like a true snob :indiff:.

Oh and I hate having 56k, takes so long to load your pictures :grumpy:.

Wow. I didn't think Hong Kong could look good in shots, and even with the blue car/night background, you pulled off some amazing pictures, love the color, especially the contrast between the car and the night sky. Cropped beautifully too, despite what some may say, ya have a pretty good feel of photo composition. I'd give you a gold star, but I ran out of stickers...

Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR @ Trial Mountain

___________________________​

So here's the new update; I love the Galant, and the '73 Skyline, so the fact he pestered me an entire race was a bonus. I was worried my gallery was lacking variety, so I wanted some multiple car shots. Also, I'm going to work on reorganizing the thread a bit; I don't want it to be so top-heavy now that I'm doing galleries in update posts, so I'm going to space the older galleries out according to their respective update posts. I'm also toying with the idea of having a thumbnail image for each set, a la S12Ken. Enjoy the new update; there's a bit more pictures, but it's because I had more to work with this time ;).

Kenny - I was going to mention earlier that before the Elise, all of the pictures you've said were your favourites of a particular set, were always the "also rans" in my mind. It's funny how peoples' tastes can be so different. But with the Elise, we prefer the same shots. Strange ;).

Spyker - I liked the verts a lot, and that's why I wanted to finish that set on them. As much as I despise backfire for all the obsessed pictures that cropped up when GT was first released, the fourth is my favourite. It was actually the first picture I took of backfire, since I avoided it :yuck:.

S12 - Had to be careful not to address both of you as Kenny ;). I used the 111S because it has body-coloured hardtop; the goal of the shoot was to have my own, more potent version of the Exige 240R. The wheels are from a WRX STi ver 6, and they look absolutely perfect on the car 👍

Setjur & GT4Fan - Thanks for the kind words, and emot ;).

Tabs - I'm glad you enjoyed it, I had a lot of fun with that car :). I'm particularly proud of that picture because it's so hard to get convincing shots of tire smoke in the game. It really does come down to playing with the angles a lot.

Alpha - I apologize for taking part in killing your modem ;). It's funny you mention it; I finally decided to read the excellent Composition & Cleanup helper, and the first thing I thought was "crap, I knew I was cutting it too close". I noticed it a lot in my earlier pictures, and I'm trying to cut down. If my name cuts into an important part of the image, I know I've gone too far. Not a snobbish thing to say at all, thanks for the input 👍

SRV - Heh, thanks :). I didn't think Hong Kong would ever work either (plus, I hate the track for racing too), but I saw a nice couple shots at the board I frequent, and decided to give it a go.

Last edited:
First time here and I'm really impressed!
Nice framing and I love the Photoshop work.

Keep it up.

👍👍👍

Looks better and better
taking pics at trial mountain is brave
because it is hard to take good pics there
good job!! show us more multiple cars shots in the future :D

franz
Looks better and better
taking pics at trial mountain is brave
because it is hard to take good pics there
good job!! show us more multiple cars shots in the future :D
indeed it is!

very nice work tho those pics are great 5*!!!!

Wow, great update. I really like 13, 15, 16. Funny how I like both 13 and 15 because they are almost the same angle.

I like how each of your sets has a theme, each update has a different style than the others. Great work.

Lancia Stratos Rally Car @ Chamonix II

Update: The Stratos is just so wonderfully detailed in race trim. I was going to chuck a stock one around until I realized how right the Alitalia one looked. I'm really happy with this one, so sorry for the amount of pics. Enjoy :)

Sejtur - The 12th shot was the first time I felt the need to use the nudge tool. The wheel well just turned out awful in GT, so a quick little run fixed it. I could've spent more time on it, but the mouse I'm working with is garbage, unlike my decent one back home :).

Diabolical - Thanks, I'll keep it up as long as you do the same!

Franz & Yoda - Really? I find Fuji to be nigh on impossible to take decent shots, but Trial Mountain works. I have a hard time at Infineon too. It's just disappointing how bad the trees are modelled on TM's one straight. There'd be so many photo possibilities if it weren't for the jaggies :indiff:.

Spyker - They were :). I stuck a stage 1 Turbo on the Galant and stayed with N3 tires to try and negate the weight advantage over the Skyline. I wasn't driving too hard though, I'd say about 8/10 :). Didn't want to lose him ;).

Kenny - 16 was one of my favourites too. I didn't even realize the nearly-same angles... I'm always worried about that during a shoot. As for the styles, well, it just seems to be the way I work :).

Last edited:
Looking good, I think this is going to be my next inspiration... but the Stratos is so damn difficult to drive on snow... but I'll give it a shot anyway! ;)

Whoa, now they are some damn good pictures, i love the stratos, it just looks at home on the snow, even more so than dirt. Great job with the background blur on the pics. If i was half the photographer you are, well I'd be about 3 feet tall and have half of gran turismo 4. :dopey: :lol:

Thanks guys :)

Greycap - You're right, it's not easy to drive on the snow at all. I'm bad enough on Chamonix as it is, I don't need a lightweight MR to tell me that. I spun the very first turn :crazy: .

Spyker - :). I wanted somewhere that suited the car, and I really think I nailed it this time. Kinda like the Cougar @ Amalfi, this felt like the place it belonged.

440 - Heh, funny ;). I never thought the Stratos seemed at home on dirt. Tarmac rallies, yeah, but not the sandy stuff. The snow felt like a better bet.

Lando - Yeah, the colours really do jump out. It might have something to do with the colour balance I used, but either way, it was the look I was going for. I wanted the car to jump right out at the viewer.

Tomorrow's update will be a bit different, though it is a track I've already shot at. The vehicle is definitely different from anything else in my gallery so far, though :)

Audi RS6 Avant @ George V

So, here's the new car. Revisiting George V, but tried to give it a much different feel than I've seen around lately. I think it was an old issue of CAR that did something very similar with the RS6 (and an E55 estate, but that wasn't available). It's too bad that even with max power the thing understeers.

Enjoy as always :)

Last edited:
There is something in this picture that really caught my eye. Brilliant!

098ji.th.jpg

Very good stuff. I like the hues used.

I might suggest a slightly more "chrome" rim for that track, but I mean that with respect and it certainly doesn't take away from the pics that you took.

Greycap - It was a lucky angle with the "crazy" (I forget the actual name) replay style. I think it came out as one of the better ones of the set :).

Lando - I know what you're saying, but I was trying to keep the car's appearance stock. Besides, I find some of the chrome rims (those really ugly six-spoke ones, for instance) seem to be way too common. I do know that when they're spinning, they make for some nice reflections, though :).

Sejtur - Thanks as always man! :)

That first RS6 photo is amazing...

Next, the Vantage shoot blew me away along with the first row of the Stratos pics!

The Galant GTO set just speaks for itself! Awesome!

Lovely RS6 set. 👍

I like the pictures from the rear of the car and the one from above a lot.

If you allow me to make a suggestion, I think you should not increase "Contrast" that much, specialy when there are big and bright spots on the photos... Just my 2 cents. :)

The Stratos shots are excellent. I took my Stratos there on the snow too when I took pics of it cpl months ago for my gallery.

That said, I love 6 and 13 and like 20 and 22 of the Stratos set.

I like 2 ,5, 11, 14, and 16 of the Audi set. I'm not sure I agree with the heavy green tint on all of them but it makes them distinctive, for sure.

OMGosh!!!! 👍

Great updates slips!!!!! hehehe! I have my vacation photos up. Probably do a legit update later today or tonight.

Back