slipSHOTS: GT4

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 725 comments
slipshotspreviewgt5.png

Can you tell I'm excited?

TVR invited me to his group photo shoot plan, a few days after the NTSC release. Considering
who else has already confirmed, I'd be silly not to, and I hope nobody minds me tacking my own
little title on it ahead of time for my portion of the coverage. It seemed appropriate :D

There's a teaser there of my gallery's future setup; the only similarity between this one
and that one will be the categories. Solo is simple enough: a car by itself. It can be running
a track, or at a Photomode location, and the update could be a single image or multiple.
Multi is similarly straight-forward: group shots! Theme Sets move past the restrictions of
a single group of cars or location, instead having an over-arching, uh, theme. I plan another GT1
memorial update at some point since those are a lot of fun. Panoramas, if I ever get around to
doing them again, will be rolled into one of the first two categories.

More exciting, I'm taking Sony's Play Create Share theme to heart; like the old Consumeables
update, I'm going to be unloading as many wallpapers (PC, PS3, and PSP), avatars, and other
media as I can on you poor guys. Kaz and Co also seem bent on giving us as many community-
building features as they can, and I for one want to take advantage of this. I'm thinking maybe
a weekly meet up for the Photomode community, in addition to the tons we're all probably going
to be making. Think of it as kinda of a like a local car meet, where we can all just hang out, talk
about whatever, and most importantly, take some pics of our cruising/racing.

Other than that meetup, I do have some plans for my first few updates, as I'm sure we all do.
But that will be left in the dark for the next 41 days. It's almost upon us... get ready :D

________________________________________​

Magburner - Thanks! As I mentioned earlier, I picked up a PS3 after that last update and sure enough, GT4 hasn't seen any action since. As for the old bike crossover shots... hopefully PD gives us the chance to do that again this generation, that was some of the most fun I've had with the games. See you online soon, buddy :cheers:

jgda9rs - Good to see an old name around, coming back for 5? :)

Beerz - Not a problem, thank you for some impressive stuff over the years too! I will definitely be back on release day. My other games already have an understanding with me :lol:.

Speedster - Hey, remember back in the heydays, when you had to update on a daily basis just to stay on the first page?! I imagine it'll be numerous times worse this go-round. We were all new at one time though and I'm excited to see what new people bring to the table, just as much as crafty vets like yourself. I'll be seeing you around then!

41 days...

WOW, just wow.

I can see your gallery layout and I can tell you, it looks really, really good. Very simple but effective.
Also, I am loving the font on the "slipshots" and "coming soon". What's the name of it?

Damn you SlipZ!

I just adore the color combos, fonts and overall lay-out! 👍

I'm sticking to the old-school way though; No fancy lay-outs for me, just the good ol' way of sharing my images :P

WOW, just wow.

I can see your gallery layout and I can tell you, it looks really, really good. Very simple but effective.
Also, I am loving the font on the "slipshots" and "coming soon". What's the name of it?

The fonts used in the teaser are as follows:

Chalet LondonNineteenSeventy - Title, coming soon, category tabs in layout.
Museo - 900 weight for bullet points, 100 weight for info under them.
Helvetica - Good old friend, in Bold, Compressed, and Black Condensed.

:)

This is looking quite promising, SlipZtrEm. :)

Thanks!

Damn you SlipZ!

I just adore the color combos, fonts and overall lay-out! 👍

I'm sticking to the old-school way though; No fancy lay-outs for me, just the good ol' way of sharing my images :P

Heh, I'll be sticking to the usual method for individual posts, just so y'know. I might break out the special presentations for the occasional one, but mostly, it'll be thumbnails. So I guess we will indeed be seeing you around here... excellent :D

Oh wait... I will have a special update setup for Media posts, very similar to the old Consumables avatar/PSP wallpaper pack. Infact, all wallpaper packs, whether they're PSP-sized, PS3-sized, or PC-sized, will come with matching avatars. I aim to please :).

I'm just happy to have the entire first-post setup ready to go, and templated. Updating it will only take a few seconds every time!

Back