slipSHOTS: GT4

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 725 comments
Ohhh man...that Euro-R shoot was awesome. Pictues 9 and 12 being my favourites (maybe even one of the best in your gallery) :drool:
It always seems as if you can take any car colour and blend it in perfectly with any particular track...very nice stuff.

Wow, these are great, they're all so interesting to look at, it's difficult to say which one I like best! Got to say I really love how you arranged the first post, as well, it's brilliant and easy to figure out.

Sejtur - Thanks, I've seen so many good pics at El Capi, yet I always overlooked it when I was going to take shots. I remembered how flowing the track seemed with the Focus RS in the license test, so I took a nice, good-looking, mid-powered FF car and shot there. Plus, I reasoned that I hadn't taken any shots of a light silver car :)

EKMatt - The rims are Acura NSX rims, from whichever year the facelifted model is (I believe it's an '02). I'm not sure if it's the best of my sets, but I will say I think it's one of them :).

Spyker - Did you figure out you missed it because of the front page? If so, then I'm happy it's doing it's job ;). I really like the Accord verts too, and I've noticed something odd; I always seem to favour verts for my comp entries, and I make myself think I take a lot of them, but whenever I do an update there's hardly any. I'm going to try to take more verts in the future, they always turn out nice.

Disposable - Thanks man 👍! It all comes down to levels and the filters in the game. Though funnily enough, this was the first set that I didn't add any blue or red to in the game (though a tiny bit of colour was added in Photoshop).

PR - Thanks, I really am happy it's going over so well :)

Fletch - I'm glad I sold you on it ;). It's a fairly cheap car and it can't be photographed badly in any colour, imo, so I'd highly recommend it. It's fun to drive, so there's a bonus 👍

New update will be coming some point tonight, it'll be a bit different from the rest... again ;).

PunkRock
Wow, these are great, they're all so interesting to look at, it's difficult to say which one I like best!
Ditto.

But I'll try...

- shot #3 of the second row. 👍
- #1 and #4 of the third row. 👍👍
- #4 from the fifth row. 👍

The second to last Euro-R is great, it seems to be climbing the hill with all others left far behind. 👍

Subaru WRX STi Spec-C @ Nurburgring Nordschleife

___________________________​

Update: So, this was supposed to be up yesterday, but I didn't have quite enough time, so I left the uploading to today. Originally, I was planning something that turned out to be a bit more than I could work with: A huge panorama involving the 21 subject cars that make up my gallery for the one month mark. I then tried to knock it down to just road cars, but the panorama program I have refused to connect the pictures properly (since they technically weren't coming from the same shoot), and I don't have the Photoshop ability to connect them too smoothly. I'll probably head back to trying it some other time, but for now it'll have to wait. So, I decided I'd take my personal ride to the track its racked up hundreds of miles: Green Hell. It's so effortless, and it's nearly exactly 1min faster around there than my stock one (basically, it's hitting 7:00 exactly).

Diabolical & Greycap - I'm glad you guys both enjoy the hill-climbing shot. I'm really tempted to use that car again, since it photographs so well (the Scooby takes a bit of work :indiff: ).

Enjoy :)

Damn, that sub is soooow looooow!!! :eek: The pics came out really well for a track with such bad lighting. 👍 Too bad the panorama program didn't work well.. now that wouldve been revolutionary! 21 cars!!! :drool: The 17th pic has a nice composition;) But is this car your grip or drift or both car? I saw one pic where you are drifting... neccesary for 7:00? :dopey:

Sejtur - Are you talking about how low it is in that last row, first shot? I've only stiffened the suspension a bit over stock, and the ride height is around 130mm, so that's what happened when I hit the brakes heading downhill ;). It's a very neutral handling car, so I'd call it grip; that drift shot happened at the one kink before the triple-left on the front half of the course. It worked well though, since I stayed sideways right into that triple :)

Greycap - I'm glad you guys both noticed it, heh. I actually had no clue about it up until I happened to stop the replay to get another picture. Needless to say I thought that would make it more interesting ;).

Very nice Subies, are those the stock wheels?
I like that vertical shot with the leaves.
I never liked the Nurb that much for photos, but I'll try it now.

Roger that, I dont like Nurenburgring for photo's but these are....

LOVELY!!!!!!!:dopey:

I like the 4th one. I dont know why but it lets me stop and have a closer look:lol: And the last one is just awsome:tup::)

Nice update...I have a coincidence (Once again, I can't spell) My EK I've just taken pics of was that Nurb...lol...Nice update date though, nice smooth edges...👍

LOL I always have trouble spelling that too;) Somehow COINcidence sounds wrong, seems like coins, the money lol:lol:

I dunno how to spell it rite though....

Spyker - Nope, not stock: The lighter-gold Ray's 5-lug wheels. What I'd prefer if I had tons of extra cash to throw away in real life (in addition to an actual car, heh).

GT4Fan - I'm glad I've convinced a few people :). It takes some effort (the grass in a few shots looks awful), but it's definitely possible to get nice shots at the Green Hell. The last shot's one of my favourites too 👍

EKMatt - I'll have to go check out your new update then, won't I? :)

Still unsure of where the next update will go direction-wise, I wanted to do some of the Prowler shots I did for the PMC, but they're all way to similar (other than my entry, which is why it's there ;)). I'm thinking of trying a company I haven't yet shot.

nice shots at the nurb man, i especially like the 8th and 9th pics, show a lot of the green hell."2 fast 4 you"-nice shot of the grafitti. Keep it up 👍

Ford Model T @ Grand Valley East II

___________________________​

JFM92 - I'm glad you like it, I was surprised how much a little saturation can help the Nordschleife from looking so dull.

440Cuda - For the 8th shot, when I took it I knew I had seen a similar angle. Then I checked the PMC Hall of Fame and figured out why; Franz had done something similar in an Elise there. I love that angle, thanks for the comments :)

Update: So, I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the requirement (Gold S License), but I haven't seen a whole lot of Model T shots. Decided to have some fun with it in the Valley, and it's surprising to get it sliding. Anyways, Perfect Balance requested it last week, so here it is. Enjoy 👍

Last edited:
Whahahahahah drifing with a T!!!!:lol:

But really, I got a smile on my face when I saw these pics, they're of high quality, and good to look at. 👍 I think this is pretty revolutionary.:lol:

Perfect Balance - I was tempted to do something a bit different and desaturate all the pictures by a fair amount, but decided I'd rather see some vivid, high-contrast shots. Glad you like :)

EKMatt - It tops out at roughly 56mph. I'm sure it could gain a bunch more if I dropped it into neutral on a huge hill though.

Spyker - Truth be told, it's not too difficult to get, at least compared to the other gold prizes (imo). Full-lap tests (other than the rally ones) are so much easier than a two or three-turn test, since there's a larger margin for error. And it's a lot more fun than the collectors Mercs, since it can be driven at at least a decent speed.

Sejtur - :). It's different, I'll say that much. It really is a lot more fun to drive than people would like to think... it's probably because the super-narrow tires and how high all the weight is set.

Keep the comments coming, next update will be in a day or so (have to get on all these good comps this week!) 👍

Congratulations on getting your S License gold 👍! I just wish the Model T has some higher resolution textures, would make for some great phototravel pictures as well! Love the 2 FAST 4 YOU WRX shot!

Lovely set.

I'm loving those vertical shots; you really know how to frame them. 👍

Back