slipSHOTS: GT4

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 725 comments
Lexus SC300 @ High Speed Ring

___________________________​

Update: So, since PunkRock's got me on a GT1 kick thanks to his awesome theme this week, I decided to pull out another old classic; the Soarer. Though it's rebadged in my game, I know what it really is (no Lexus ever came with the turbo ;)), and I had a blue one way back in those days that loved to get sideways at HSR. I had racing one too, so I decided I'd do a bit of mix and match and stuck a wing on this one. While it isn't as fast as the original game's, it still enjoys a good view of the road ahead... through one of the side windows.

Alpha - Me too, that grille shot was really let down by the textures. It does look good in Photo Travel, though it only seems right to keep it in American places ;). The Scooby shot is my wallpaper at home right now 👍.

Thirdeye - Thanks :D. I'm wondering when the limit will be hit though; that reminds me, I've made a small change. Since the first four sets are all in the same post, they now are all the same image too. Figure that gives me a bit more to work with later.

Diabolical - Since my verts always seem to just work, this set just so happens to be the first that has more of them than the landscape shots. I didn't mean for it to happen like that though, but it was nice to notice at the end of the shoot :).

Es - By all means, post them up in your gallery and I'll take a whack at them. Think of it as a remix? ;). Besides, you have more than a few cars I can't get my hands on yet ;).

Thanks everyone for the comments, as always, any comments or criticisms about this set, fire away. Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Great shots! I have the same color car, Ive been putting off shooting it....looks like Im putting off even longer :lol:

That car shoots well 👍

these drifting shots are really awesome
I have an idea ... twin drifting with blue soarer and blue supra
that would be nice :D

If we only could have the [R] option of GT1... the race-prepped Soarer was one of the best-looking cars back then and it really could go!

The last vertical is great, good background. 👍

VR6 - Hm, maybe it was just being over-tired last night, but I really didn't like a lot of the shots once I put them up. A new day, fully rested, and I like them a lot more now. I agree, it does shoot well. I'll be looking forward to whenever you get around to shooting it, though; I'm always curious to see what different approaches there are to be had with the same car 👍

Franz - I was actually thinking that, to go with the new PS comp. Might put a bit of a spin on it though... :D

Greycap - I love the last vertical as well, not just because of how nice the bridge is, but the reflections on the car. I wish we had the old [R] mods too, there's plenty of cars that just don't have the same nostalgic effect without them. I really miss my [R] MR2 GT-S. Maybe, just maybe, we can wait for GT5 (though I doubt it :().

SlipZtrEm
Since my verts always seem to just work, this set just so happens to be the first that has more of them than the landscape shots.
Tell me about it... 80% of my pictures are now verts. They always seem to come out better. 💡

I don't like shooting at the HSR, but you did a great job with it. 👍

do you guys notice that verticals are worse than lanscape when you have sunlight reflection on your car?
what I mean is ... GT4 takes away some reflection when you use vertical
and sometimes ... reflection you see on preview is not what you get in the product
pretty weird I have to say

HSR is quite boring overall
but I found the last corner can produce some really nice shots
one of the most addicted photo shoot area in my book

franz
do you guys notice that verticals are worse than lanscape when you have sunlight reflection on your car?
what I mean is ... GT4 takes away some reflection when you use vertical
and sometimes ... reflection you see on preview is not what you get in the product
pretty weird I have to say
Yep. That's true...

SlipZtrEm
Opel Speedster SuperGT testing @ Nurburgring

Holy crap, man! Those panoramas are mind-blowing. 👍

DiabolicalMask
Tell me about it... 80% of my pictures are now verts. They always seem to come out better. 💡

Vertical shots rule. :D

WiLL VS Track Meet @ Apricot Hill

Volkswagen GTi's: Past and Present @ Deep Forest II

___________________________​

Update: I had both of these sitting in my collection for a while, and decided since they're roughly the same size and both group shots, I'd put them both in a single update. This also helps for those who find a single-car update a bit boring. I haven't seen much (if any) WiLL VS shots, and while I got a couple good ones, I now know why; there's an awful black jaggie that sometimes cuts right through a wheel in motion. How odd. The VW's are fairly straight forward; I was waiting for a white mkV to show up, but after so many retries, I gave up and settled on the black one. It conveniently makes the size difference seem slightly less huge.

Es - Excellent, I'll whip something up tonight, since I have no updates planned for a couple days. I'll send them your way when I'm done :)

Diabolical - Thanks man! The funny thing about that set is that I never planned on taking a car like that to HSR, I was planning on a group shot involving some race cars. I didn't think the blue tint would work either on that track, but I was surprised with the end result. HSR's now a track I'm not too afraid of... I'll leave Monaco to you, though ;).

Franz - I've noticed that bit about reflections and verts too. I think GT treats going to vert the same as rotating the image 90-degrees in landscape mode, or at least that's what I've found when trying to get reflections. However, it works both ways; sometimes when you don't see very good reflections in landscape, switching to vert nets some. There's been more than one time where one of my verts on a reflection-intensive track (such as Hong Kong) have actually been taken as landscapes, only to be cropped into verts.

EKMatt - Glad you enjoyed them 👍

Tabs - Thanks :). I've a few more I've been meaning to put up, but I always get sidetracked with new ideas...

Comments/criticisms appreciated... heck, maybe even an idea for my next update. I've got a couple ideas I'm playing with right now, and there may be a new category on the front page soon :)

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Great shots man!, Can't pick a favorite. I love your style, the way the colors show up really bright in all your pics, it looks very clean and cool looking.( I think I already told you that like 3 times before.)

(Check out my lastest update, I took a try at a new style and need some opinions if I should continue doing them like that.)

Nice pics!!!

Looks like close racing at it's best :)

What make is the WiLL VS? I don't think I have even seen that car before...

SlipZtrEm
...I'll leave Monaco to you, though ;).
Ahah. Deal. ;)

Great updates, man.
I always seem to forget about the GTi. I love the car, but when I'm looking for ideas for shooting, it always slips my mind...

Anyway, I really like picture #1 of the third row and the first and last picture of the last row. The others are great as well, but those three really caught my eye. 👍

As for the WiLL VS, you picked one with a great colour. And that looks like a fun race, too. 👍

Favourites are #2 of the first row, the last one from the 2nd row and finally #3 of the last row.

Great job. 👍

Perfect Balance - Thanks, yes, you have said it a few times before ;). I've been slowly trying to add a bit more contrast in the form of more dark area in my shots, and I'm glad it's going over well. I commented your stuff, I hope it helped :)

Ving - Thanks, it was a fun drive too. And to see that the mkI's roofline is only a bit higher than the V's beltline never gets old ;).

Fletch - It's a Toyota, though I always see hints of Astra about the front. It's like a mature, mini-wagon Celica. So the torque's a bit lacking, and the gearing is way too long for the engine, but a few choice mods really makes it competitive 👍

Diabolical - The choice to have both cars in the shots helped a lot, imo. The V's a nice car to take shots of, even in black, because the headlights and general modelling of the car are very well done. The rear lights are a bit boring, though... I kept overlooking the mkI for a while too, so I made sure to get in it so it'd be sitting there, right at the front of the garage, to remind me to take it somewhere ;). I'm quite proud of #9 of the VW set too... tried something a bit different than my normal shot style and I think it turned out really well. Glad you liked it 👍

Keep 'em coming :)

Dude, those VW's look nice!!! 👍 :drool:
I like all of them pics. :)

BTW I'd like the 9th of the vw's as my wallpaper... looks amazing :)

Good shots on the Volkswagens, maybe I should do the GTi cup again - in the old one like you did. :)

EKMatt - Thanks, I was never much of a fan of the old GTi until fairly recently. In the game it's just a hoot, so light, hardly even feels like it's driving the wrong wheels ;).

Sejtur - I think I may just start putting some wallpaper shots up. That shot you mentioned would be one of them; it doesn't really need a whole lot of cleaning up at the regular resolution, something I can't say of all the pics I've taken :-/.

Greycap - You definitely should, it's a lot of fun! My car was lightly modded, so I'd be interested in seeing how little it really needs to win (since it wasn't very hard to keep pace with the V).

Bumping this back from the third page because I've got an update planned for tonight. Just have to finish handing out the candy, so it'll be fairly late. Watch this space! :)

Update: So, I've decided to try to be a bit more selective with updates. Not to say I'm completely happy with this one; I'm not. But I decided quality over quantity from now on, so I spent more time cleaning these up and picking my favourites from the normal amount to put up. I've noticed a lot of the more popular galleries get more comments and views on a handful of pictures than I will with tons, so why flood my gallery with a bunch of extras? The textures on the Zonda LM are just awful, no wonder I don't see it too often. That being said, I had a couple members in mind during a couple shots because the shots reminded me of their work. #1 reminded me of Vonie, while #7 was completely Greycap :).

EKMatt - Exams have been kicking my keister. What little time I've spent on the PS2 has been equally split between getting shots for comps, and playing the new Mortal Kombat ;).

Last edited:
Woow... I really enjoyed watching this... worth the wait! 👍
I can't believe it; such a beautiful shoot at one of the grayest circuits!!! :drool:
And about the wallpaper thing, that's a good idea, but you can let request them too. :) The tenth pic is pure magic! Drifting with a beautiful racecar!! I really like how the exhaust pipes look, they shine like a... :crazy:

And for this set, the ninth or tenth is perfect for my desktop. 👍

BTW check out my update when you have some spare time, I'd like to know your opinion.;)

I don't think it comes as a surprise to you that #7 is my favourite. :) This is probably the first time that someone directly mentions my style. Big thanks for that! Can you please post a bigger version of the picture to me?

Those are some beautiful shots. I can't pic any favorites, as they all stand out. Looks like you have some skills with photoshop too.

The layout at the beginning is also fantastic - Something to aspire to.

SlipZtrEm
That being said, I had a couple members in mind during a couple shots because the shots reminded me of their work. #1 reminded me of Vonie, while #7 was completely Greycap :).

I'm honored. I see what you mean with the curbing and all.
I never like Fuji that much, not enough color. But you made it work.
I like the 5th, and last three.

Back