Obtaining Better B-Spec Stats ??

• Thread starter LivingSoul
  • 552 comments
Orion_SR
Anyway, my only suggestion is not the one you want to read. Repeat each of the 232 events.

Somehow I was expecting that. I am going to give it a rest this week (too busy anyway), and then retry next week. I wonder, do I need to race or can I just use Practice/photo mode for 2/3 laps at x3 speed - which of course would be a lot quicker.

Thanks

Steven

P.S Have you kept your records ? I might have found something; I have 2 x 14pt races, one in the Polo and the other in the MX5. I went to the JP site and he had 3 x 14ptrs, one in the Polo and two with the MX5 (one was a 13 rerun to get 1 more pt). Do you concur (ie have 3 x14ptrs) ? We know how bad the MX5 is at giving up some pts, maybe this is where I should start, re-doing the MX5 races first.

StevenDunn99
P.S Have you kept your records ? I might have found something; I have 2 x 14pt races, one in the Polo and the other in the MX5. I went to the JP site and he had 3 x 14ptrs, one in the Polo and two with the MX5 (one was a 13 rerun to get 1 more pt). Do you concur (ie have 3 x14ptrs) ? We know how bad the MX5 is at giving up some pts, maybe this is where I should start, re-doing the MX5 races first.
There's a thought. The +14 races are not predicted if only 12 and 27/29 points are collected on each track, but observations (the JP data) show that +14s are earned every 29 races only if all track points are collected. Once a point has be dropped, the pattern of +14s disappears. This may not apply to you because your collection could have been corrupted by stray floating points. However, there is a strong possibility that your dropped point is on one of the 29 events immediately following your last +14 race.

Also, if it's not a battle point, then racing is not required.

Interpreting the JP Data

The JP author started collecting Track Points on race No. 39 (#39, first column) with 7051 level points (7th column, 7000 floating points + 51 track points from 4 events on Nurburgring) and notes the increase earned for that event. I usually mark point increases as +13, or +14; it seems to help reduce confusion as a label for the numbers.

When the JP author repeated a race and earned more points, it was shown as 11+2 (see race #45).

The author expected a regular pattern of +12s to appear; these are noted(*1).

If a perfect collection is made, a +14 will occur on the 29th race (#63 & #92), followed by +12 to start a new cycle; these are noted(*2). A +14 would have been expected by the JP author on race #121, 29 races after the last +14.

The final point was found by the JP author on race #267. The description appears to match race #98 (between #92 and #121). So, despite the fact that +14s cannot be predicted using fraction theory and addition, they remain a good omen, and the best clue that all track points have been collected so far - or where to look when points are dropped.

I did not think this reasoning could be applied to clean-up games because of all the stray fractions and possible contamination by floating points, but I'd prefer to be wrong; any clue that all is well up to a certain point, or after a certain race, would definitely be an advantage.

Fortunately, lost points aren't usually spread all over the tracks in tiny little fractions. They seem to be dropped on only one or two tracks. Well... this seems to be the case for the people who stick with it and eventually have success, but it's hard to tell because nothing is scored until the last point is discovered.

Nice explanation, and thank you for all the help - its good to have someone to share with about this :cheers:

When I go back to this next week, I will (as long as my patience/desire is there) attempt to get the last point. I have a backup save of when I reached 9999, so if/when I get to 10,000 I will then retry the event on the backup to ascertain whether the lost point was collected at one event or more.

Steven

Orion_SR
Active Participation ....Extremely detailed records of points earned ....only +8 to +11 points are earned on a track, then that race definately needs to be re-run to collect the missing battle points.....

Aahh, now a lot of previous posts are starting to make sense to me. I really appreciate the effort you put in explaining in detail the above quoted post. I must admit that Ive been to the Bspec thread several/numerous times but it didnt always make sense to me. Now it does (much more).

I started keeping detailed records of Aspec races when I was finally able to run >60 point races. Wish I'd started record-keeping from scratch. But then ....I had no idea what I'd gotten myself into with GT4 :) .

Focussing on Bspec comes and goes. Currently awaiting delivery of a new DFP as the first one broke down :grumpy: after only 4 1/2 months of (normal) usage. 👎

Lately I've been concentrating on 200 Aspec races. Actually I should be honest and say trying to get max A points as the 200 mark is not always attainable for me. As I never played the previous versions of GT I have quite a challenge on my hands. I sometimes envy those that have played older versions.

Lesson learnt: also keep very detailed records when B-speccing.:sly:

Thx Orion 👍

AMG.

PS Did I miss something, :scared: has PD-Bob been replaced by Max or is it only your Bob who's changed his name to Max.

There has never been any official name for the driver. Call him (her, them) whatever you like. I have a team; Masten, Jenks and Michelle.

I see, you switched to B-spec for a while because your steering-wheel was broken?

GT4 is actually much more challenging than any previous version. I may never seriously attempt 100%.

SportWagon
I see, you switched to B-spec for a while because your steering-wheel was broken?
Hi SW,
hmmm Yes and No, I dont need a DFP to Bspec.
I bspec every race after a-speccing it + I Bspec all races > 0.5 hours. maybe someday if I ever become a reasonable driver I may attempt longer races. For now there is no point in attempting because skills not good enough.

Cant Aspec with a controller, unless driving off track counts but I dont believe it does in GT4 :) . If you want to know why may I suggest you read my 1st post in my 1 and only own thread (so far).

I dont think i'll ever master a controller or have the patience to do so whilst i can use a dfp.

AMG

Success !! 10,000 Bspec pts reached, phew..

I had a couple of hours spare before going away and decided to run the VW Polo in Photo mode (for 3 laps) at the Original Circuits where I had previously done only one run in getting 13 pts. I checked my total after every other track was done (to save time). After running Apricot Hill R 10,000 pts were there.

So, for Orion_SR, I loaded my backup save and started these tracks again in the opposite order to ascertain if the missing point was at one track; Answer No. The missing point was gleaned from 2-4 tracks, sorry I can't get it any closer than that.

I ran Apricot Hill R, Autumn Ring R, Autumn Ring Mini R and then after Autumn Ring Mini N the 10K reappeared. This time I checked my total after each run. As I say above these were tracks that first time round gave me 13 pts after one run, so at the time I then moved then.

Advise to others; do every track twice, it could save you a lot of trouble later...

Thanks again Orion_SR.

Steven

P.S Just confirm. 9999 + ARM N + ARM R = 9999, then +AR R and Apricot R = 10000
and, 9999 + Apricot R = 9999, + AR R = 9999, +ARM R = 9999, +ARM N = 10000 (I hope all this makes sense).

StevenDunn99
Success !! 10,000 Bspec pts reached, phew..

Thanks again Orion_SR.
Congratulations!

Well done. I'm glad I could help. I learned a lot from your game. Excellent work on the battle points; I'm glad it didn't hurt you in the long run. Since you were the first person to max all of the battle points before machine or course skill, I was especially interested in coaching you through to the end.

Based on you final collection, I think it might be safe to rule out 25/29th as a minimum B-spec unit. A unit that large couldn't hide on 2 to 4 tracks. I'm assuming that you had several fractions on a few tracks, and if you used the same car on every other track in the game, you would not find the last point until those few tracks were repeated - maybe even with a fairly different car (such as the Miata A).

So, I don't think there is any evidence that a new type of floating course point has been discovered. Everything seems to fit with Fraction Theory - except now there seems to be more evidence that a single point can hide on several tracks, instead of one or two.

Avoid this trouble by repeating all short tracks, don't even bother to check the score if the race time is less than 2 or 3 minutes; restart the race while the track is still loaded.

An update on B-spec from our favorite Japanese author.

Floating Points on Nurburgring (0 – 7051)

Nissan March 12c 5 door `01 *
A-1 * Default

The JP car list indicates March 12c (`03)
I suspect this is the Micra (`03) in the NA version

Mazda MX-5 Miata (Roadster) 1800 RS `04
A-2 * Default
B-1 * Default + Supercharger + Racing medium (R3)
B-2 * Default + turbine kit stage 3 + Racing medium (R3) + (does not translate)

Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car Prototype `01 (IB license required)
C-1 * Default + turbine kit stage 3 + Racing medium (R3)
C-2 * Default + turbine kit stage 4 + Racing medium (R3)

Fairlady Z (350Z) Concept LM Race Car `02
D-1 * Default
D-2 * Default + turbine kit stage 3 + Racing medium (R3)

Track Points (7052 – 10000)
Use A-2, B-1, C-1, and D-1

http://www.geocities.jp/j8ba7yrg/gt4/
http://www.geocities.jp/j8ba7yrg/gt4/9_10000.html

B-spec Floating Points earned in Event Races
This was the plan. See the next post for initial results.

One of the strategies I considered if I ever start a new game is to find a method for maxing the floating points without running Family Cups on the Ring (or earning any A-spec points). The JP tunings work best on Nurburgring, but in my test game I was able to tune various cars to collect most of the points on a Rally track anyway. However, I wasn’t able to collect all the floating points for the Miata C on non B-spec tracks, so I finally resorted to Nurburgring to collect the last few. I also tested all the other B-spec tracks with the Miata C to see if I could identify tracks that were also generous with points- like Nurburgring. Below is a list of tracks that provided the final points for the stubborn Miata C.

Generous Miata C Tracks
Tokyo Route 246 - R
High Speed Ring - R
Fuji Speedway 90s – ** very fast
Fuji Speedway 80s
Twin Ring Super Speed – very slow
Fuji 2005 - slow
Fuji 2005 GT - slow
Nurburgring
Sarthe I - * fast
Sarthe II

The problem with the JP method is it doesn't earn much money for all those long races on the same track using only a few cars. Another problem is that track points are collected for the 4 power classes on only one track so that 7051 and some odd fraction is earned on Nurburgring. It's not until 25 races later that the fractions are resolved and it is possible to confirm no points have been missed. So, my next strategy involves finding 29 tracks that collects all of the floating points for all 4 power classes to even out the fractions at 7375/100/73/73.

Beginner Sunday Cup (10 new tracks) = 10 Tracks
Class A, Class B (Lupo A, Miata A/B/C, or any car < Miata C)

Autumn Ring Mini Reverse
Beginner Course
High Speed Ring (best track for Lupo A and Miata A)
Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse
Twin Ring Motegi - West Short Course

Japanese Championship (15 new tracks) = 25 Tracks
Class B, Class C and Class D (any JP car > Miata B)

Fuji Speedway 90's **
Tsukuba Circuit
Tokyo Route 246 Reverse *
Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course
Suzuka Circuit

This should cover all of the 7000 floating points and 323 8/29 track points from 25 tracks, but 51 and 21/29 more points are needed from 4 more tracks to confirm that no fractions have been missed.

One track must be skipped to avoid Class D track points from the 5th track.
Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft (5-1=4 new tracks) = 29 Tracks
Class D (all qualifying cars should be class D, upgrade just to be sure)
Opera Paris
Midfield Raceway
High Speed Ring Reverse
Nurburgring
Fuji Speedway 2005 GT

Or, this series can be raced so quitting isn't necessary.
Beginner FR Challenge (4 new tracks) = 29 Tracks
Class B (Miata B/C)

Seattle Circuit (Reverse?)
Tsukuba Circuit (also covered for class B in JP Championship)
Special Stage Route 5
Laguna Seca Raceway
Motorland Reverse

Or, if the floating points milestone of 7323/100/73/73 isn't reached, then race the JP tunings on Nurburgring.
Family Cups on the Ring (4 new tracks) = 29 Tracks
Class A, Class B, Class C, Class D (JP tunings or anything else)
Nurburgring

Predicted Point Progression [test scores]
Sunday Cup A-1, 650, 650/12/06/05 [649/12/07/06]
Sunday Cup A-2, +737, 1387/25/14/13 [1386/25/14/13]
Sunday Cup B-1, +966, 2353/37/24/23 [2353/37/24/23] (*1)
JP Champ B-2, +1141, 3494/50/36/34
JP Champ C-1, +1142, 4636/62/46/44
JP Champ C-2, +983, 5619/75/57/55
JP Champ D-1, +943, 6562/87/66/65
JP Champ D-2, +761, 7323/100/73/73
DTCM (or alternate), +52, 7375/100/73/73

*1. I was stuck at 2298/37/24/21 because I couldn't follow the no passing rule with the grid start on High Speed Ring in the Sunday Cup, and couldn't compete on Tsukuba in the FR Challenge or JP Championship. I finally earned the remaining floating battle point on High Speed Ring Family Cup level +2.

Since the JP Championship doesn’t allow Racing Tires, some experimentation and tuning will be needed to find all the floating points for some of the cars. Fortunately, there are a lot of great cars that can be entered into this race. So, it shouldn’t be necessary to earn any A-spec points while collecting the RSC, since the tires won't be right anyway.

Earn Credits While Collecting Floating Points

This is an alternate strategy for earning floating points. I found the Nurburgring tunings to be frustrating because so little money is earned for such long races, and the collection finished with an odd number of fractions. Below are the results of my first tests.

Cars and Tunings

A-1: (Lupo A) Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 default - 15,490 credits (or B License Bronze)
A-2: (Miata A) Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS '04 default - 23,500 credits

B-1: (Miata B) Miata 1800 RS + Supercharger (Miata B) - Tab B of Miata A
B-2: (Miata C) Miata 1800 RS + Turbo 3 - Tab C of Miata A

C-1: (WRX A) Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi spec C '04 + All HP options (*1) – 33,920 credits
C-2: (WRX B) Impreza WRX +all power, +max wing, +level 3 weight reduction, (+oil).

D-1: (Abt A) Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02, + Turbo 3 - 550,000 credits
D-2: (Abt B) Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02, + Turbo 4

X-3: (Zonda X) Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02: (Class D?)

Point Progression

Class A - Sunday Cup with Lupo A, Miata A, and Miata B (10 new, 10 total tracks)
Lupo A: 649/12/07/06 (loser)
Miata A: 1386/25/14/13 (winner)
Miata B: 2353/37/24/23 (*2)

Class B – FR Challenge and Sunday Cup (6 new, 16 total tracks)
Miata B: 3494/50/36/34 (*3)

Class C – Japanese Championship (5 new, 21 total tracks)
WRX A: 4636/62/46/44 (done in 2 series)
WRX B: 5619/75/57/55 (2 series)

Class D - Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft (5 new, 26 total tracks)
Abt A: 6562/87/66/65 (1 series)
Abt B: 7323/100/73/73 (1 series)

Extra 3 Tracks: La Festa Italiano (3 new, 29 total tracks)
Zonda X: 7350/100/73/73 (Class D?)

The last three tracks collected +12, +13, and +14 as expect for a complete 29 race cycle. The score of 7350 confirms that no fractions are missing on the tracks covered so far.

Stats
4.0% completion (Opera gold will make 4.2)
1,000,000+ credits (I wasted a lot on tests)
A-spec = 0, Days ~280 (more waste)
Imported 100,000 (but no licenses)

Track List

Sunday Cup
Autumn Ring Mini Reverse, A, B
Beginner Course, A, B
High Speed Ring **, A, B
Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse, A, B
Twin Ring Motegi - West Short Course, A, B

Beginner FR Challenge
Seattle Circuit Reverse, B
Tsukuba Circuit, B
Special Stage Route 5 **, B
Laguna Seca Raceway, B
Motorland Reverse, B

Japanese Championship
Fuji Speedway 90's ***, B, C
Tsukuba Circuit, C
Tokyo Route 246 Reverse, C
Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course, C
Suzuka Circuit, C

Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft
Opera Paris, D
Midfield Raceway, D
High Speed Ring Reverse, D
Nurburgring, D
Fuji Speedway 2005 GT, D

La Festa Italiano
Autumn Ring Reverse, ???
Cote d'Azur, ???
Infineon Raceway - Sports Car Course, ???

Notes
*1 – I forgot to change the oil on the WRX A after resetting, so I need to repeat some of these tests. Without the oil change, all power options, all weight reduction, and a max down force was required to reach class C-2. Without enough power (~460HP), the WRX will earn Class B points. I tested these tunings on Fuji since the Miata had previously collected all points for class B on that track. I also added most of the other options, but these shouldn’t influence B-spec points.

*2 – I couldn’t collect all expected points for Miata B because the B-driver always passed too soon due to the grid start on High Speed Ring. I finally collected the last few points by running a Family Cup for High Speed Ring on level +2.

*3 – I tried all tracks in the Sunday Cup and FR Challenge, but couldn’t collect all of the expected points for the Miata C (same problem with High Speed Ring’s grid start). I finally collected the remaining points on Fuji Speedway 90’s in the JP Championship, but it couldn’t compete so I didn’t try any other tracks.

** Good track when points run low
*** Great track for collecting points

My B-Spec driver is stuck on 9724/100/97/96.

Any ideas on what car/track to use to get more points?

blue_sharky39
My B-Spec driver is stuck on 9724/100/97/96.

Any ideas on what car/track to use to get more points?
I have a few ideas of where to look for B-spec points, but it's difficult to aim you in the right direction without knowing what you've done.

There is a somewhat successful method,the Japanese Method (or JP method), based on a strategy from a Japanese website for collecting all 10,000 points. If you followed the JP method and kept detailed records of each score after every race, then I can narrow your first missing point to within 29 tracks. In short, your points could be on any of 58 tracks. Each track has 12 and 27/29 points for 4 power classes - low, medium, high, and super (232 total B-spec tracks).

However, most people are trying to collect points from a game in progress by applying the JP method. This is a long and tedious process, can be very frustrating, requires keeping detailed records, and almost always ends with a B-spec level of 999x/100/99/99 - so many tracks will need to be repeated. The link below is to Sportwagon's B-spec Reference Thread. If you want more points, this is the place to start.

http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69405

You really don't need more points. The B-spec driver won't drive much better, and there is no prize car or any reward other than a bunch of zeros instead of nines on the stats page.

The missing points for people with a machine skill of 100 are usually on tracks that are not used often in the game. Frequently people find missing points with high powered cars on the short tracks, and low powered on long tracks. If you want more points, but don't care about all points, then this strategy might work for you. Again, check the link above for specific cars and tracks.

Orion_SR
If you followed the JP method and kept detailed records of each score after every race, then I can narrow your first missing point to within 29 tracks.

I don't sorry...

I suppose I can just run high powered cars on short tracks and low powered cars on the long tracks to see if they offer any points. :)

Some tracks aren't used very much in events. Special Stage R5 and Infineon Stock Car Course come to mind. So try Family Cups at those tracks, ideally using a set of four recommended cars.

Perhaps just browse the Family Cup course selections, and see which ones just don't "seem familiar" to you. Although there are several ones which don't earn B-spec track points--Suzuka West and Test Course I know for sure.

At your stage in the B-spec game, you're unlikely to get much more than 13 B-spec points per race.

Hmm. The guide lists list the 58 tracks which are counted. A list of the few tracks which aren't counted would be useful too, but I can't find one right now.

Such an "exception list" might be useful for people like blue_sharky39 who might like to try a few random B-spec Family Cup races at rarely-used tracks for the thrill of getting 13 points more-or-less with some of the cars, even if they don't want to go for a full-out maximum point effort. But it would be pointless (so-as-to-speak) racing at Suzuka West, for instance.

A quick calculation shows that I have about 21 races/tracks @ 13 pts to do.

What cars should I use? (as mentioned on the JP website, or other ones?)

Sorry, apart from the seldom-used tracks, your points are probably scattered in little bits across many tracks. So you can get a lot of points using the seldom-used tracks, but after that you'll have more races than the 13 points per track/car assumption would indicate. You'll have little alternative but to methodically go through every car/track combination, repeating until a close race yields no points, or you have accounted for all 13 (actually 12+XX/29) track points.

I'd say use the cars recommended in the Japanese method.

Probably begin taking notes ASAP, in case you do want to maximize. At least you are starting with 100 machine points, so there are no floating points left to get.

After running the 2CV cup my B-spec. driver is stuck on 8551.

He earned most out of driving the 2CV, old japanese cars and FF cars, any suggestion?

So, if I understand it right:

Use the fours cars at nurburgring followed by the four cars each on the 58 tracks.

Is it family cup on those tracks or what? You can't have a family cup on all the tracks + which pace do you have to use? Just to keep bob down for 13 sec. and to finish not more than 3 sec. in front?

Pink_the_Floyd
Use the fours cars at nurburgring followed by the four cars each on the 58 tracks.
There are eight classes of car to use at the Nurburgring,to get "floating points", but after that four will suffice to collect the "track points".

Pink_the_Floyd
Is it family cup on those tracks or what? You can't have a family cup on all the tracks + which pace do you have to use? Just to keep bob down for 13 sec. and to finish not more than 3 sec. in front?
If you simulation mode has less than a year of simulation races, I guess not all tracks will be available. Keep playing the game, and the Family Cup option should become available (be "unlocked") for all 58 required tracks.

Well, that's the only think I can think might be the problem you're encountering.

Testing Floating Point Strategies

I've been doing some testing on Floating Points. I've learned a lot of new things, can correct some mistakes, and can add some new details. For these tests, I am starting with only the 10,000 credits of a new game, not importing my GT3 data, and going straight to the races. The races are chosen to earn enough credits while collecting all floating points to pay for the next car and upgrades required.

The JP method was designed as part of an over all strategy for a perfect game. This included all license test, missions, and events; B-spec 10000 was only one part of the plan. The goals included: winning all races, and finishing in the fewest number of days. If you don't care about a perfect win/loss ratio, and would rather earn some credits, and try out different tracks and cars, then other strategies are possible.

The first step to reaching a B-spec level of 10000/100/100/100, or just increasing the B-driver’s skill, is to collect all the Floating Points. There are two types of Floating Points, Machine Points, and Floating Battle Points (F-Battle). They can be collected at the same time, but the rules for each are a little different.

In order to collect all floating points from a specific sub-class, use a car that is tuned right to the peak of that sub-class. You can use one of the cars identified by the JP author, or tune your own. A Peak Tuned car will collect points more quickly, and also collect points that are not available to tunings that are in the lower end of the sub-class. Floating points sub-class have been defined by the JP author as A-1, A-2, B-1, B-2, C-1, C2, D-1, and D-2.

Not all tracks are the same. Peak Tuned Cars must be raced on Floating Point Tracks. Nurburgring is the best known floating point track. This is a great track if your goal is "must win" and "fewest days" because the long track allows lots of time to collect points and to be in position to win the race. However, there are other tracks that can also be used to collect all floating points.

I've only done some testing on these tracks; they might be specific to certain tunings or sub-class. Also, I think the list is much longer; I've only tried a few events.

Floating Point Tracks (Rolling/Grid Start) [Forward/Reverse]
Nurburgring (R)
Mid-Field Raceway, (G) [F/R]
El Capitain, (?/?), [F/R]
Fuji Speedway '80s and '90
Suzuka Circuit East

Passing too soon might cause a reduction in F-battle points. I haven't nailed down the no-passing rules for these tracks. Sometimes it seems important, other times it doesn't. As a general rule, I try not to pass until after the first split (2nd split on the Ring). This is important because many of these tracks have grid starts. It's very difficult not to pass unless the competition is fairly even.

I have found the best way to earn Floating Battle points to be in Family Cups at level +2. It seems to be related to what is known about earning A-spec points. Entering a peak tuned car on a floating point track against strong competition and placing well will earn a lot of F-battle points - On Nurburgring, you can get them all in one race and still win - if you have the right car.

Machine Points are usually collected more slowly. Messing with the settings, possibly using or leaving on overtake, maybe changing the pace, seems to reduce the machine points; or maybe its the competition being in the way - I can't figure it out. Basically, machine points are easier to collect using practice mode. Pace level 2 or 3 doesn't seem to make a difference. Some cars seem better than others, and some tracks seem faster than the Ring, but again - more testing is required. However, sometimes it's just as easy to repeat a money race several times and pass everyone on the first lap.

Sub-Classes, Cars, Tunings, and Events

Prize Car Data is from the Web site of the Japanese Author and translated using Google Beta. I'm unsure about the accuracy of the translations.

A-1
1 Track = 598/12/6/5
2 Tracks = 611/12/6/6

Peak Cars and Tunings
Lupo 1.4 default, (JP1)
Micra '03 default, (JP2)

Prize Cars (1 lap practice on Nurburgring, default, oiled)
Mitsubishi I '03, (337)
Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1) '68, (336)
Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79, (331)
Volvo 240 GLT estate '88 (318)
HONDA S500 '63 (313)

My Choice
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91, (83 HP = turbo 1, semi-racing exhaust)
Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 (15/15 downforce, 82 HP, )

If you don't care about credits and just want to get the points out of the way - use any of these cars on the Ring. However, I have some alternate strategies that might be more interesting and should still collect all the points.

Starting with 10000 credits, buy a Cappuccino for a little of 5,000, oil it, and install the turbo 1 (77HP) for 4,500 cr. Race Japan One-make, Suzuki, K-car, #2 - Tsukuba. Win enough to upgrade to a semi-race exhaust for 2,800 and repeat this race a few times until the points slow down (also race Tsukuba once in the Beginner K-Cup). Race on Nurburgring at level +2 to finish off the A-1 points. Try to place well. Once should be enough for all the F-battle points, but repeat if needed. An addition, 50 to 60 minutes of practice should clear up the remaining machine points - the Cappuccino is slow on this track.

Or, Race the Spitfire tuning above and race in the 1st race of the Triumph Spitfire cup, El Capitan, and earn 3,000 credits for each run. Race on one other track if you are counting points from 0/0/0/0 to 611/12/6/6 so you can confirm (within 2) the battle points at skill 6 and switch to practice mode. Otherwise, win the series a couple of times and finish up with El Capitan.

A-2

Peak Cars and Tunings
Miata 1800 RS default (JP)

Suzuki CONCEPT-S2 '03 (456)
The Renault 5 turbo '80 (453)
Lotus Europa Special '71 (451)
Alpine A110 1600S (451)
Lotus Elise Type 72 (451)
MGF '97 (448)
BMW 2002 turbo '73 (445)

My Choice
Ginetta G4 '64 (S3 tires, 102HP = racing chip + sport exhaust)

So, if you are following my max credit strategy, stick a wing with max downforce on the Cappuccino and finish off the Beginner Events Light-weight K-Car Cup events and win the Ginetta G4 '64. Install S3 tires, and power up to 102HP. Race the G4 in the Europe Classic Car League, Race #2 - Fuji '80, and win 10,000 credits each race until the points run out. Choose a line-up without the AC Cars or Jaguar and repeat several times.

B-1

Peak Cars and Tunings
Miata 1800 RS + supercharger (JP)

Honda NSX-R Concept '01 (513)
Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67 (512)
Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 (512)
Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 (509)
Shelby Mustang GT 350R '65 (509)
Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept '02 (507)
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71 (507)

My Choice
Honda Civic SiR-II (EG) '91 (258HP, Racing Hard (R2)
Honda Civic SiR-II (EG) '95 (262HP, Racing Hard (R2)

Race the tuned SiR II in the Japan, Honda, One-make Civic Race. Repeat the series a few times to earn extra cars and money. Mid-Field Raceway Reverse is the hot track. However, this car is too powerful to earn the F-battle points quickly - so when the points slow down its faster to race in a Family Cup +2 and/or practice to finish off the points.

B-2

Peak Cars and Tunings
Miata 1800 RS + turbo 3 (JP1)
Miata 1800 RS + turbo 3 + R3 tires, + “port grinding + volume displacement rise + ???” (JP2)

Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77 (598)
Mazda BP Falken Rx-7 (D1GP) '03 (590)
Nissan GT-R Concept (TokyoShow) '01 (588)
Plymouth Super Bird '70 (578)
Honda HSC (Honda Sports Concept) '03 (575)

My Choice
Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 '03 (423HP, R3 tires)
423HP = Port polish, NA3, Racing Chip, Semi-racing exhaust
Also add good parts, but avoid the racing transmission unless you know how to tune it.

Race the France, Renault, Clio Trophy a couple of times. El Capitan Reverse is the hot track. There shouldn’t be any problem earning battle points in this event.

C-1

Peak Cars and Tunings
Toyota RSC Rally Raid default (JP1)
Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car Prototype `01 (+ Turbo3 + R3 tires JP2)

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evoloution 2 Rally Car '86 (653)
Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '85 (651)
Audi Le Mans Quattro '03 ??? (634)
Ford RS200 Rally Car '85 (633)
Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85 (618)
Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car '85 (617)
RUF CTR Yellow Bird '87 (616)

My Choice
Nissan Skyline GT-R M-Spec Nur (R34) '02
Weight reduction level 3, S3 tires, 641HP

Repeat the Japanese Championship a couple of times with the tuned Skyline. The hot track is Fuji Speedway 90's.

C-2

Peak Cars and Tunings
Toyota RSC Rally Raid + R3 tires (JP1)
Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car Prototype `01 + Turbo 4 + R3 tires (JP2)

Cadillac Cien '02 (602)
Ford GT 40 Race Car '69 (599)
Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept '01 (588)
Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car '02 (539)
Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car '01 (538)
Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 (530)
Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z (JGTC) '04 (529)
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 (520)

My Choice
Nissan Skyline GT-R M-Spec Nur (R34) '02
Weight reduction level 3, S3 tires, 724HP, +30/33 downforce

Repeat the Japanese Championship a couple of times with the tuned Skyline. Suzuka Circuit was the hot track for this car. This car is too powerful to quickly earn the battle points, and Family Cup level +10 can’t even spawn road cars with enough power to compete.

D-1

Peak Cars and Tunings
Nissan 350Z Concept LM default (490)

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00 (527)
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 (515)
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II '04 (492)
Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01 (467)
Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car '01 (467)

My Choice
Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 (+ Turbo 3)
Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00 (+ Turbo 3 and S2 Tires)
Race the Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft
Once should be enough, missing points are likely to be machine points.

D-2

Peak Cars and Tunings
Nissan 350Z Concept LM + turbo 3 (JP)

Toyota Minolta 88C-V Race Car '89 (485)
Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car '98 (484)
Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C 9 Race Car '89 (484)
Nissan R92CP Race Car '92 (483)
Nissan R89C Race Car '89 (472)
Audi R8 Race Car '01 (472)

My Choice
Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 (+ Turbo 4)
Opel Astra Touring Car '00 (+ Turbo 4 and S2 Tires)
Race the Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft
Once should be enough, missing points are likely to be F-battle points.
Make the most of the rolling start on Opera Paris and Nurburgring.

Tuning Peak Cars

The factors that influence B-spec points are Power, Weight, Tires, and Downforce. Manipulate these values to tune for points. Other parts don’t matter for points, but might help you win. For example: By putting a wing and downforce on the Cappuccino after collecting the A-1 points, it moved into the lower end of the A-2 power range. Racing in a few events collected most of the easy floating points. To get the rest of the A-2 points, I raced a hot track using the tuned Ginetta. To find this peak, I slowly upgraded, raced and checked my scores. If I gained a few extra points, I was still safely within the A-2 range. When I finally struck a huge pocket of new points (all the C-1 points), I knew I had gone too far. With auto-save off, I can reset and test various tunings.

I finished my test - everything checked out with a +14 at 7375/100/73/73 on my 29th track. I finished the floating points with 5 extra tracks, two less than my last test. I ended up with 1.1 million credits, about 200,000 more than prize money earned, and still have all the upgraded cars, and only sold the duplicate prize cars. Other stats: 797 miles, 109 days.

Anyway, if you thought that was confusing, then ignore this next part completely. exorbio from GameFAQs.com has offered a solution to the +14 mystery. I'm hoping SportWagon will take a look at the numbers since he came closer to solving this problem than I ever did. Also, I wanted to archive this information for future reference and GameFAQs threads never last. The next part is quoted by permission. There were earlier attempts that didn't quite work. Let me know if I should include them for reference.

Bead Math and the +14 Mystery

From: exorbio | Posted: 3/24/2006 12:25:04 PM | Message Link

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO CHECK THIS OUT

Let's assume these...

1) that the bead theory is correct
2) that the smallest possible bead is 3/13ths [3/13ths = 87/377ths]
3) that only "whole" beads are counted & any partial fractions are totalled in a seperate "column".
5) the retained column is added back into the main column once it reaches a whole bead (3/13, or 87/377)

Then the math...

_TOTAL____________Total_________Retained
_(real)____________(est.)_________Fraction

_12(+12)____12_and_348/377_______3/377
_25(+13)____25_and_319/377_______6/377
_38(+13)____38_and_290/377_______9/377
_51(+13)____51_and_261/377______12/377
_64(+13)____64_and_232/377______15/377
_77(+13)____77_and_203/377______18/377
_90(+13)____90_and_174/377______21/377
103(+13)___103_and_145/377______24/377
116(+13)___116_and_116/377______27/377
129(+13)___129_and__87/377______30/377
142(+13)___142_and__58/377______33/377
155(+13)___155_and__29/377______36/377
168(+13)___168_and___0/377______39/377

180(+12)___180_and_348/377______42/377
193(+13)___193_and_319/377______45/377
206(+13)___206_and_290/377______48/377
219(+13)___219_and_261/377______51/377
232(+13)___232_and_232/377______54/377
245(+13)___245_and_203/377______57/377
258(+13)___258_and_174/377______60/377
271(+13)___271_and_145/377______63/377
284(+13)___284_and_116/377______66/377
297(+13)___297_and__87/377______69/377
310(+13)___310_and__58/377______72/377
323(+13)___323_and__29/377______75/377
336(+13)___336_and___0/377______78/377

348(+12)___348_and_348/377______81/377
361(+13)___361_and_319/377______84/377
375(+14)___374_and_290/377______87/377___ [374 and 290/377 + 87/377 = 375]

Please Note:
the last line would technically read
375(+14)___375_and___0/377_______0/377
Because as soon as the retained colomn reaches 87/377, it adds back into the total.

Here are some further conclusions:

A) 1 bead = 87/377ths of a point, or 3/13ths

B) There are 13,000 beads altogether
[3,000 divided by 3/13ths]

C) There are 56 & 1/29 beads per track per class
[13,000/232]

D) 56 & 1/29ths (beads) = 4875/377ths (points) = 12 & 351/377ths = 12 & 27/29ths

E) 56 beads = 4872/377 points = 12 and 348/377 points
[56 * 87/377ths]

F) 1/29th of a bead = 3/377ths of a point
[1/29 * 87/377]

G) 1 cycle of 29 races = 1,625 beads
[13,000/8 = 1,625]

Also, Orion, 3/13ths equals 6/26ths, which isn't too far from 5/29ths.
---

also...

the 12 and 348/377 = 12 and 12/13ths

breaking it down between course & battle:
8 and 8/13ths + 4 and 4/13ths
or
9 and 9/13ths + 3 and 3/13ths

I'm leaning more towards the 3:1 ratio, because the 56 beads are evenly divided by 4, not 3.

At a quick glance it looks like the "retained fraction" is an extra score-keeper of some sort, kept in parallel with the others. But not really.

A "bead" is still not the smallest unit you can win/earn, far from it?

The table would be helped by the addition of a column showing the number of whole beads. Multiples of 56, IIUC. (with occasional adjustments, or is the adjustment only at the end of the 29 cycle? When I can print it out and sit down with pen-and-paper I'll try generating the column myself)

It seems odd that the internal scheme would be so complicated, but it does seem to revolve around mapping an arbitrary total score back to an nice even 10,000.

Does this explain why you don't get 14's if you're off-track? Hmm.

OK, I finally took the time to get set up on this board.

SportWagon, here is a 29 race cycle expressed in "beads"

Total Retained
(beads) Fraction of a bead

56 1/29
112 2/29
168 3/29
224 4/29
280 5/29
336 6/29
392 7/29
448 8/29
504 9/29
560 10/29
616 11/29
672 12/29
728 13/29
784 14/29
840 15/29
896 16/29
952 17/29
1008 18/29
1064 19/29
1120 20/29
1176 21/29
1232 22/29
1288 23/29
1344 24/29
1400 25/29
1456 26/29
1512 27/29
1568 28/29
1624 29/29 [1625]

Also, here are some further ideas I posted on GameFAQ's:

It may be that the game is doing exactly as I've shown

Or, it could be that the extra 8 beads (87/377 by 8 cycles of 29 races) don't exist at all. I've seen it in Castlevania, for example, where the game doesn't increment evenly. When gaining %100 map completion, each block will add something like .6 to the total, but you're one block away from the total & the percentage shows something like 99.1 (these aren't exact, just examples; I know I've seen a discrepency like this though). At that point the game just bumps the total to %100. Something like this may be happening.

Or, they could be part of the Floating Points. 8 times 87/377 is 696/377, that's not even 2 whole points. Split evenly between Course & Battle, this would make it have an extra 348/377 per category. That's less than 1 point per category, meaning it wouldn't show.

Or, it could be something else entirely that I haven't thought of.

That didn't come out right, here's a better version:

Total___________Retained
(beads)_________Fraction of a bead

__56_____________1/29
_112_____________2/29
_168_____________3/29
_224_____________4/29
_280_____________5/29
_336_____________6/29
_392_____________7/29
_448_____________8/29
_504_____________9/29
_560____________10/29
_616____________11/29
_672____________12/29
_728____________13/29
_784____________14/29
_840____________15/29
_896____________16/29
_952____________17/29
1008____________18/29
1064____________19/29
1120____________20/29
1176____________21/29
1232____________22/29
1288____________23/29
1344____________24/29
1400____________25/29
1456____________26/29
1512____________27/29
1568____________28/29
1624____________29/29___________(= 1625)

Back