WRS'ers and their ride...

Thanks Laurence! It sure took a long time! We had to replace a lot of stuff up front, and just decided to scrape the undercoating, clean, and paint everything. Also installed a crank scraper and an oil pan that we put a bung in for my future turbo's oil drain. Went to the drag strip friday night and put down an AWESOME 17.679, haha. Stupid automatic and non-turbo volvo...

various
focus comments

heh, actually the focus is quite a fun little car.
And for the price ($5K for a 4yr old car with 46,000 miles on it) I really couldn't turn it down.
Definately has an extremely high fun:dollar ratio. (especially when factoring in ~14¢/mi running cost... i spend more on tolls than i do fuel)
Yeah, its only got ~130hp and does the quarter in a sloggy 16 sec. with 0-60 times hovering around 8 sec... but the only hatches i've driven that handle better are the SVT focus and mini cooper.

And yeah, the euro version is SOOOOOO much better looking, you got me there. The build quality and materials are even twice as nice... makes me wonder what fords opinion of they're countrymen is. :grumpy:

Oh, and as soon as i get out of college and have a *real* job; i'm upgrading to an Elise.

Dr_Watson
And yeah, the euro version is SOOOOOO much better looking, you got me there. The build quality and materials are even twice as nice... makes me wonder what fords opinion of they're countrymen is. :grumpy:

Don't get me started on Ford... I've been a Ford fan for just about my whole life, and it just pains me to no end to see what they're doing here in the US, when compared to what they're doing in Europe and Australia. (Get the June, 2006 issue of Car and Driver for a really good article comparing overseas Fords with American Fords.) Ford could OWN the US market if they brought over the Aussie Falcon or the European Focus. Those cars are awesome! But they're not HERE! :grumpy: :ouch: :yuck: :ill:

even the mondeo crushes anything they've given in the midsize sgment over here. and were'nt we promised an awd version of the focus RS for our market?
pricks.

If you haven't noticed in my signature.

1979 Super Beetle Convertible

broughtoutsmaller8lb.jpg

Great little Beetle you got there, STL 👍

As for my rides:

My every-day workhorse:

Make: Toyota
Type: Corolla
Year: 2000
Engine: 1.6
bhp: 112

corolla1.jpg

My weekend car (when the weather's dry that is :P)

Make: Porsche
Type: 911 SC
Year: 1978
Engine: 3.0
bhp: 210 (though I'm pretty sure it lost some of those horses over the years :P)

porschebart.jpg

Greetz
Bart

So, Bart, if yours is the blue one, it appears you've put on a later bumper, no? What else have you done? :sly:

Oh, and I got myself a new ride to go with the Volvos a couple weeks ago...

Brand new '06 Kawasaki Ninja 250

I drive a 1991 Toyota MR2 NA, do alot of trackdays, time trials and autocrosses

(picture from Roebling Road near Savannah, GA)
d69e939a2ab22bda93a4628a45c384c5.jpg

1:54 and change at Road Atlanta
1:31 and change at Roebling Road
1:13 and change at Rockingham's Road Course
Should be adding times for VIR North Course, CMP in Kershaw SC and hopefully Mid-Ohio this year

and a 1989 Mustang setup towards drag racing (and its for sale, $6750)
(older picture)
2d028cf560fdfb4ead33b3a7ee8c5fab.jpg

300+whp and 330+wtq all motor
best pass 12.552 @ 110.04

KLR142
So, Bart, if yours is the blue one, it appears you've put on a later bumper, no? What else have you done? :sly:

Yep, it's the blue one. But I haven't changed anything about it. I bought it like this. But you're correct. Front and back bumpers as well as sides profiles have been altered to give the car a 964-look. Only thing left to change to complete that look is a change of mirrors (should be the same as the ones on the red one).

But I'm still in doubt as to what I want to do... either complete the 964-look, or restore back to it's original look... also thinking about maybe putting on a turbo-spoiler. Always wanted that as a little boy, but now I'm not so sure anymore...

Well it's a sweet looking ride that's for sure 👍

Could you possibly edit your post though to make the picture smaller, it just takes ages to load and I've got broadband so i can't imagine what it's like for folk with dial up. Just use imageshack to create a thumbnail of your pic then use the code suggested under "Thumbnail for forums (1)" to post the picture in a much more download-friendly format :) 👍

MisterWeary
Could you possibly edit your post though to make the picture smaller, it just takes ages to load and I've got broadband so i can't imagine what it's like for folk with dial up.

Oops, my bad... Should be fixed now :)

OnlyMe
Yep, it's the blue one. But I haven't changed anything about it. I bought it like this. But you're correct. Front and back bumpers as well as sides profiles have been altered to give the car a 964-look. Only thing left to change to complete that look is a change of mirrors (should be the same as the ones on the red one).

But I'm still in doubt as to what I want to do... either complete the 964-look, or restore back to it's original look... also thinking about maybe putting on a turbo-spoiler. Always wanted that as a little boy, but now I'm not so sure anymore...
Right on. My vote is to swap back to the older style front bumper, but update the the rearview mirrors, lol. I'm not sure what the 964 back looks like(picture?), but I know that I like the older style front bumper/lower setup better. And I think you could get away with the whale tale, I mean, it can't be ricey or stupid if Porsche put it on, it's cool! You're never too old to have fun... 👍

Hey everyone....

Some great cars and bikes, love em all. I have only just recently got my baby back on the road. It was broken into while i was away in Japan... booo hisss.

Anyway it was a Normal Pulsar SSS 2.0ltr when i picked it up a few years ago.

Great car but was begging for more power and a new look.
So after a year off the road for a new engine (u13 Sr20det), internal work, body work etc WSSSUP was unleashed.

Power - 8psi / 155kw@wheels - 16psi / 204kw@wheels
1/4 mile - 13.31

SWEET ride wsssup! Your sig says 173wkw on 15psi though... Currently I'm not turboed(parts in the house though waiting for some more money for a 3" exhaust and downpipe), and only putting 94ish hp to the wheels... OUCH!

What part of Melbourne do you live? I swear I've seen that car before...

KLR142
SWEET ride wsssup! Your sig says 173wkw on 15psi though... Currently I'm not turboed(parts in the house though waiting for some more money for a 3" exhaust and downpipe), and only putting 94ish hp to the wheels... OUCH!

My sig is pretty old. Just had the turbo high flowed, so now it is holding 16psi.

Im in the Ringwood area Casio..

👍

Hey WSSSUP, nice ride you got there, I think I've actually seen you in that car a few times down that area.

I take it you've heard of the Auto Salon Show Series?
I know they often have other modded Pulsars there and could give you some great ideas if you wish to push 'WSSSUP' into the spotlight.
I'm guessing it won't be long till we see your ride in one of those magazines.

If you're going to the Semi-finals later this year in Melbourne, it'd be a pleasure to see you there:tup:

Well, my car has changed a bit since I last posted. Haven't got any updated pics, but or the summer over the next couple of weeks, an IHI turbo is going in, intercooled, will be running a Haltech F10X to keep it in check. To be able to rip through those corners, I'm keeping the wheels under me with some new TOPE fully adjustable coilovers, brand new line of suspension. Also, a new 2.4" catback exhaust from CorkSport will be going in. Can't wait to get it all installed, and new pics will follow soon after the project is complete!

Nice whip Troux!

Here is mine: '01 IS300

attachment.php

Basic mods done.

Full audio with 7" DVD
HKS Coilovers
HKS Hiper exhaust
TRD swaybars
SRT Intake with piggyback ECU
BFG KDW2 225/40/18

Sweet rides guys! Especially you BoomB, that thing's AWESOME! Has to be a GREAT daily driver and fun in the mountains car... I love those!

Troux, welcome to the WRS and I'm going to have to call you out on that mods list... :sly: I mean, 380whp, there can't be TOOO much to list... Sorry, lol, just pokin fun! I see an exhaust, some extra guages, and some tint... Maybe a FMIC pipe... :) No visible suspension, brake or wheel work though?

Latest Posts

Back