WRS'ers and their ride...

Looooovely. What equipment didi you use to rig your camera to the car?

Thanks to all for the feedback !

Hugo Boss, thanks for your help, I dont know wath's going on with the previous URL... http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=bKfGjuTfQe0

I fabricated a kind of tripod with succion ''cups'' (dont know if it is the right word). This small video took me around 15 hours to do. I learned a lot about filmmaking last summer. And i have plenty of other ideas ,like the others videos I already put on youtube.

And this car is so great to drive. My girlfriend is also completely into it as many friends as well... :)

That is one great vid and you have done such a great job bringing that car back to life 👍

To begin with, i was like.....
"what, so its a lowrider, and it squeals tyres on tiny bends at 30MPH"
But as i watched, i got entranced by the footage.

Thats one cool video that goes well with my breakfast this morning, and gives me a small insight into your life, and of course, your car.

It's been finished off very well man, I salute you, nice car and excellent vid.
I especially liked the shots taken from the rear with you and your pregnant passenger, that was real movie-stuff!
Made me feel like i was barely hanging on the back!
I wish they'd do more like that in films these days, instead of resorting to CGI.
Either way, Cet un tres bon filme monsieur, J'aime beaucoup. Kudos to you.

:irked:👍

Thanks for sharing the video nurburgring.
I second what VEXD and Ren-Tec has said, besides the French maybe.
I'm only guessing its French as I only know English.

Hey all. Kinda new here, but since I qual'd for WRS I thought I would share... (PS, some pics too big to attach so they're all offsite, sorry!)

2005 Ford Mustang V6 Coupe -- My daily driver, nothing really special, just a good looking little car and actually pretty fun to drive (in my opinion).
1994 Ford Taurus SHO -- Nice little car and the only FWD vehicle we own, but it's getting sold; still not at all a bad vehicle and shockingly quick.
1998 BMW M3 3.2 Sedan -- My wife's daily driver, and the car we use to cart our newborn kid around in. Probably one of the best cars I have ever owned.
1991 Ford Mustang LX Sport Convertible -- Our fair-weather driver; a mess of natural-aspiration modifications (intake, header, throttle body, exhaust, chip, pullies); dyno tested to approximately 310 bhp and 400 ft.lbs.
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster (SRL311) -- Don't have any pictures, as it's in another state for the time being... hope to take custody of this little gem very soon.

I especially liked the shots taken from the rear with you and your pregnant passenger, that was real movie-stuff!
Made me feel like i was barely hanging on the back!

So you will appreciate the "Speedy Roadtrip" one I did (3 parts).

The quality on Youtube is not the best, I will advise you to minimize the screen...

Part 1: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=dZRA_mXIH-U

Part 2: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=_842rz9Eqgk

Part 3: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zh8xwsmq64

Thanks to all of you for your feedback, it encourages me a lot to continue in this way... :)

The other language is french, good guess, mister 01GTP !

That was very interesting stuff!

Not what i was expecting.

Highlights for me were watching how many times you two had a kiss everytime the lights were red, and of course, the speedbumps in part 2.
This sort of quality sux though, but will look very good on my cellphone.
Thanx Nurb.

:irked:👍

Nurb, that vid is awesome. Love the sound of that thing lumping along. Kudos for all the time and effort on the car and the vid. Your Route 66 photos (and even the car itself) serve as a reminder-my nation has lost so much of it's character and quality-maybe there will come a day when we get it back. Wish I was more optimistic!

Cool Vid's, Nurb.

The speedy road trip ones are sort of like watching the most bizarre F1 race ever, with the sound sped up like that. :dopey:

Nice job on the car as well, I like the old Mopar power. :D Is that a 440, a 383? I know it's not a Hemi looking at it, and being a '68, I'm guessing it is not in the 413 family.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing with all of us. 👍

Kevin

Hey all. Kinda new here, but since I qual'd for WRS I thought I would share... (PS, some pics too big to attach so they're all offsite, sorry!)

2005 Ford Mustang V6 Coupe -- My daily driver, nothing really special, just a good looking little car and actually pretty fun to drive (in my opinion).
1994 Ford Taurus SHO -- Nice little car and the only FWD vehicle we own, but it's getting sold; still not at all a bad vehicle and shockingly quick.
1998 BMW M3 3.2 Sedan -- My wife's daily driver, and the car we use to cart our newborn kid around in. Probably one of the best cars I have ever owned.
1991 Ford Mustang LX Sport Convertible -- Our fair-weather driver; a mess of natural-aspiration modifications (intake, header, throttle body, exhaust, chip, pullies); dyno tested to approximately 310 bhp and 400 ft.lbs.
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster (SRL311) -- Don't have any pictures, as it's in another state for the time being... hope to take custody of this little gem very soon.

Sick garage. 👍

EDK
Cool Vid's, Nurb.

The speedy road trip ones are sort of like watching the most bizarre F1 race ever, with the sound sped up like that. :dopey:

Nice job on the car as well, I like the old Mopar power. :D Is that a 440, a 383? I know it's not a Hemi looking at it, and being a '68, I'm guessing it is not in the 413 family.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing with all of us. 👍

Kevin

This is a 383 CI (6.7 litres) with a four barrels carb and original Hi-perf dual exhaust. 325 HP SAE, so around 270 HP at the wheels. But the handling, suspensions, brakes, don't fit it at all... but who care, it is perfect for the nice little roadtris we every single summer week-end. :)

A quick pic of my daily driver, '02 325i with sport package.

DSC00896.jpg

I use to have a 1989 Ford KE Ghia Laser.. KE-Ghia.. so it was a KEG :lol: ..

It wasn't a KEG around corners even though it was FWD it still went.

I'm driving around in a 2007 Mazda 3. It's better in every way, it has cupholders :D ... Even though my '89 KEG didn't have cupholders I found a way around that by connecting 4 Hungry Jacks (Burger King) straws together and placing the drink next to the handbrake. I have a pic somewhere to prove my insanity.

wayne

I used to own a Mazda Familia GTR until last year (.

Since I'm a student now, I sold it to pay off some debts as I got given a free SB Barina for doing so... :(
Still miss it though..

Hoping to upgrade to an AWD TJ Magna within the next few months all going well to fit in the growing family and to be massively more enjoyable to drive than the Barina.

I also am in the process of restoring / upgrading an AE71 corolla (think 4 door AE86 sedan), though that's going very slowly.

My ride:

Year: 2004
Make: Honda
Model: Integra Type-R
Horsepower: 250 whp

Modifications:

Skunk2 Stage 3 Race Cams
Apexi N1 W/S Exhaust
RBC Intake Manifold
Kpro Tune
750cc Injectors
AEM CAI
Spoon Header 4-2-1 3" Cat.
Spoon Brake Calipers
Spoon Rotors
Spoon Bracket Set
Spoon Steel Braided Brake Lines
Spoon Valve Cover w/ Kevlar
Spoon Strut Bar
Spoon Rear Sway Bar

Wishlist: Find out who the bastard are that stole it!!

Welcome to the WRS Mr_Spoon.
You have qualified with a time that should see you battling with both D1 and D2 drivers on your overall time.
There is some strong competition in D2 lately and I would like to see you doing well.
No offense to the drivers in D2 of course.

How did you come up with the idea for your username? :sly: jk

Kenny

It's nice to have this thread :sly:

Regarding my ride, it's fun...it's a Daihatsu (Storia) Sirion.

Here's a photo of it trying her new shoes :D

When I joined GTP, the WRS was running week 169, which was the Daihatsu Storia :odd:

Last edited:
Back