Gran Turismo HD officially canned - Next stop is GT5

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,127 comments
BTW The official site has a little story concerning Ferarri. It only mentions F430 and Fiorano.

Here is the point-perfect translation from Google BETA:

Ferrari “599” and “F430” recording 2006 September 28th September 28th, Ferrari “599” and “F430” was announced by [gurantsurisumo] HD' formally it commenced in Paris as “” with 'the Paris motor show 2006 a [gurantsurisumo] HD' recording schedule model, the movie and the screen shot were released anew. '[gurantsurisumo]' series producer Yamanouchi one model and [jiurio] [zanberetsutei] of the Ferrari brand development director announced comment attendant upon this. “Concerning the partnership of the latest Ferrari, serious it is delightful, in addition thinks in honor. When in the future, details of this new possibility become clear, in addition you can point to report to everyone,” (Yamanouchi one model) “most it is one of the driving simulators which have succeeded in collaboration, and the world where the latest SONY is new, 'excitation is remembered with the Ferrari GT car appearing in the [gurantsurisumo]' series”, ([jiurio] [zanberetsutei])

So, any ideas? :)

In the middle of the new GHTD movie on official web (link above in Interceptor's post) it says:

"GRAN TURISMO HD COMING TO PLAYSTATION 3 IN SPRING 2007".

So, we have a first delay here. Obviusly, the December is past.
It could easily mean worldwide release of the gam as European PS3 launch has been scheduled for March 2007, with all implications for AAA tilte to start with, worldwide lanuch of PS3 online service and enough time to test and revamp the GTHD business model.

Forget all this for a moment - as this movie is made to be shown on Paris Auto Show, the "Spring 2007" info is probably corelated with European PS3 premiere and with PAL game only.
.:dunce:

****GTHD DELAYED:

In the middle of the new GHTD movie on official web (link above in Interceptor's post) it says:

Well, no surprise here.

Yeah, I'm now trying to find a site to pre-order a PS3 and GT HD as soon as possible. Amazon.co.uk say they'll only start accepting pre-orders around two months before the console is released. I fear once January has arrived, many people will already have made pre-orders, time to quiz Play.com.

Play.com are charging a nice premium for pre-orders last time I checked. They were charging over 500 pounds for the premium PS3.

That's because they're selling it with 3 games, I've just asked them and they say check back every so often, a unit sold without games may appear in the near future. You've gotta love the certainty LOL.

Damn, I'll be definately getting one of these things.

logitechg258mf.jpg

Plus, the next-gen racing cockpits will no doubt become all the better.

As for HDTV's , I've looked through a few and I've come down to looking more thoroughly into these, refresh rate being a high priority due to my love of fast-moving games. :D

46IN X SERIES FULL HD BRAVIA LCD TV KDL46X2000

KDL52X2000W.jpg

Pros:
  • It's Sony; goes well with the PS3
  • Integrated High Definition Digital Tuner
  • Response time of 8ms.
Price: $6,999.

v.s

PDP-5000EX Advanced HD 50" Plasma Panel (1920 x 1080p)

PDP5000EX%20Medium.jpg

RRP: $14,999.00

Pros:
  • 2,073,600 pixels compared to 980,000 on current 50.
  • It's pioneer; our house is dominated by Pioneer.
  • The Ultimate PS3 HDTV!

Sharp LC-52D62U

aquos_land_lifestyle3.jpg

Pros:

• 65 Inches!
  • Full HD Spec 1080p (1920 x 1080) Resolution
  • 4ms1 response time!
Would anyone happen to have prices for the Sharp LCD, As I've yet to find a reliable source.

Still pending as to what to choose, the Pioneer model looks promising but then again, Sony would really look good alongside the PS3 and is definately great in value.

That sharp LCD TV is majorly awesome, but it has a mere 2,073,600 pixels. My monitor has 2,340,000 LOL. 24" is plenty big enough for someone who sits right in front of the screen.
Don't forget to check the resolution of large TVs. Most HDTVs are still 1366x768, especially big ones.

Just wondering about something since you guys know more about this than me. is 1080i better than 720p. Wouldn't 1080i be equal to 540p since its i, which is every other line right, and p is every line. or am i totally wrong?

With regard to how many pixels are sent per second that's correct, but having the picture interlaced isn't as bad for the picture quality as having half the resolution, which is why they chose interlacing to send TV signals originally. If you have a competent de-interlacer in your TV then 1080i will look better than 720p despite being a lower bitrate.

Am i the only one who's not impressed by that video with the Ferrari in the 'countryside'?

barely any physics on the car, no lighting whatsoever. everything looks flat... they must've been in a hurry to release a 'ferrari' video 'Cause it just doesn't look that good.

CFM
Cockpit view confirmed? Looks promising...

cockpitviewwo5.jpg

The three things I wanted in the next GT were: Support for 6 speed w/Clutch pedal, cockpit view, and online play. Things are looking good for GT-HD in my book.👍

Maybe it's me, but why does the right side of cockpit seem to going out farther than the driver side? At first I thought it was looking to the right, but the wheel seems to be dead-even with how the driver would normally look.:indiff:

Maybe it's me, but why does the right side of cockpit seem to going out farther than the driver side? At first I thought it was looking to the right, but the wheel seems to be dead-even with how the driver would normally look.:indiff:

That's probably because of the quite short focal length that is used in the cockpit view. It distorts the view as compared to the human eye, creating a "fish-eye" effect, as seen in the picture.

Cheers,

PanzerFaust

Am i the only one who's not impressed by that video with the Ferrari in the 'countryside'?
It wasn't that great.

barely any physics on the car,
Eh!

no lighting whatsoever. everything looks flat...
That was the problem.

they must've been in a hurry to release a 'ferrari' video 'Cause it just doesn't look that good.
The lack of lightig and the fact that the car models currently far surpass the track modells is the reason.

PDP-5000EX Advanced HD 50" Plasma Panel (1920 x 1080p)

PDP5000EX%20Medium.jpg

[/COLOR] RRP: $14,999.00
]

The price you mention for PDP5000EX is all wrong. In USA that model is called PRO-FHD1 and it retails for 8000$ at the moment.

In Europe it is around 8000 euros. I have jut checked my local Pioneer store and it retails for 7400 euros if you cash it and if you can make a special agreement (and I guess it can be done since it costs like a small town car), the price can go down to 6800 euros.

Still, it's one hell-of-the-plasma. Probably, the best one outhere. Just notice it has no tuner whatosever - it's just a panel/display.

Also, you have the wrong price for Sony's Bravia 46X2000 - it retails for 4280 euros at my local Sony Centre, while by cashing it you an go low as 3860 euros.

Sony has also announced 52X2000, 52" 1080p True HD LCD for USA (in USA mode si named KDL-52XBR3) for November, with recommended retail price of 6799$ in pre-order. That one is a technical marvel (notice 3x 1080p/60 HDMI inputs), bur european relase and pricing have yet to be confirmed. Link below:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...Dept=tvvideo&CategoryName=tv_flatpanel_46to52

Biggest picture solution is Sony's brand-new True HD 1080p projector VPL-VW50, at the moment only available in USA for pre-order in shipping in October. Specs are outstanding (2x 1080p/60 HDMI inputs, and so on, and so on..), and it delivers breakthrough technology for retail price of 4999$ - and it is also a slap in the face for all competitors outhere. Noone has yet to offer such an advanced product, not even to mention the low price. That one would be "The Ultimate Solution for Gran Turusmo HD (TM)" regarding contrast and picture size - from 40" to 300".

Link:
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...CategoryName=tv_Full_HD_1080_Front_Projection

Sharp Aquos - I'd skipped that.
:)

HDTV prices aren't THAT huge. The TV's you guys are quoting are grossly overpriced for what they offer. For $5000, you can get a Sony Pearl LCoS front projector and it has 1080p/24 and 1080p/60 input and you can get 150" out of that if you want to.

Those TV's you guys are referring to cost way too much as far as even 99% of HDTV consumers are concerned. A good deal would be that Sony 60" A2000 LCoS-rear projection with 1080p resolution and 2 1080p inputs. It retails for like $3500 in North America, and that Samsung HLS 56" and 61" DLP with 1080p inputs as well kicks arse for gaming, it's also around $2700 to $3300. Rear projection has come a long way. My own JVC LCoS rear projection of 52" (only 720p) beats pretty much any other TV in its price range. If you wanna get an LCD or Plasma with 1080p and at least 50", be my guest, but you'll have to pay over 5000-6000 dollars which doesn't make sense since for that much money you can just get that amazing projector.

And the difference in quality between your $800 TV and someone elses $8000 TV won't be all that big I bet.

****GTHD DELAYED:

It could easily mean worldwide release of the gam as European PS3 launch has been scheduled for March 2007, with all implications for AAA tilte to start with, worldwide lanuch of PS3 online service and enough time to test and revamp the GTHD business model.

Forget all this for a moment - as this movie is made to be shown on Paris Auto Show, the "Spring 2/007" info could be corelated with European PS3 premiere and with PAL game only.
.:dunce:
Hahaha, what's new. Typical PD. :dunce:

Also, the driver has a face in this photo:

The detail is pretty good...

I wouldn't have thought so, the image quality through this screen is superb at high resolution. Yes, it's 16:10 not 16:9 so you get a small black bar at the top and bottom, but it isn't a lot, not on a screen this size, anyway. At 24" the pixels are so small the image quality is effectively enhanced. If my calculations are correct, the horizontal size of my 24" screen is 20.35", so one of the 1920 pixels would be 0.010599in across, or 0.269mm. A 60" screen would be 52.29" across, making one of 1920 pixels 0.027237in across, or 0.692mm. Worse, one of 1280 pixels would be over a millimetre across. That's big for a pixel. A standard size 21" SD TV has pixels of only about 0.635mm across.

That picture's alright, it's the video that isn't quite so great.

HDTV prices aren't THAT huge. The TV's you guys are quoting are grossly overpriced for what they offer. ...

They are not so huge in USA because you have special taxing for all Japanese products due to USA-only taxing treaty with Japan (no taxes or extremly low, if I know it well).

The prices I reffered are European prices (those in euros) because we have to pay taxes for japanese products, while prices in USA$ are picked from Sony's USA web (pre-order price for web-shopping and/or suggested retail price).

Also notice that someone like to have panel while someone like projection. And projectors are cheaper, yes, but it has it pro and cons, as everything else does.

So THAT's why all US stuff is cheaper! Bloody hell, now I'm even more mad all that money is going to the government! Given my situation I'd sooner have a panel... I know someone who swears by a projector...

HDMI on 20GB model was confirmed worldwide 3 days ago. Still, you can use component through standard A/V port. You can also go advanced by using HDMI-DVI converter.

If you use HDMI to DVI converter, then how about the sound?, because DVI only carry pictures signal (right?:scared: ) Assume that I have to use my TV speakers. The sound input for my TV's DVI port is one Digital jack like what found in the back of a PC.

Thank you:)

Well I should imagine a converter would include cables for the sound, whether optical in your instance, or whether it's converted to analogue. either way that's more than a cable can achieve. A simple cable would only be able to transfer the video methinks, else a box would be needed.

Back