Gran Turismo HD officially canned - Next stop is GT5

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,127 comments
It doesn't mean anything other than the first GT on PS3 is going to be GT5. Microtransactions may be a large part of GT5, we don't know yet.

It doesn't mean anything other than the first GT on PS3 is going to be GT5.
It will be the first full GT, yes. Kaz said that there will probably be other demos prior to that though.

Microtransactions may be a large part of GT5, we don't know yet.
Kaz already confirmed that GT will come as a full game. However, he has changed his plans on many occasions in the past, and I would not bet that the microtransaction system is completely dead yet.

Regards
the Interceptor

He confirmed that it will be a packaged product, nothing more. A packaged product is something with content, how much content is what we don't know, everything, half of it, a quarter of it, we don't know. It could be that GT5 is launched with 10 tracks and 150 cars, and the other 350 cars and 40 tracks available need to be downloaded and bought via microtransactions. We may not have to do that, but my point is, we simply don't know yet. Neither PD or Sony have released any details about GT5 that can give a solid answer to that.

Jordan will create a new GT5 forum when he sees fit to (he is aware of the situation) and GT:HD will become a sub forum.

I think it would make sense if GTHD ended up under "Other Games..." since it's basically the same thing as Concept/Prologue.

True, it does not exist in a physical form, so to speak, but it's still a demo of sorts, previewing what GT5 may be like.

We don't need to have this discussion in here. Theres already a thread in the site feeback forum ;).

sorry. Whould PD be able to put the souber/bmw F1 in as the licence must be incredibly easy to get. R factor, LFS and even V8 supercars has it!

Yes, however Sony own the rights to make a Formula 1 game, cue Sony stepping in and denying content from crossing over thoes games. Even if PD had the specific license to allow them to put that one car into GT I can't see Sony being happy about them doing that since they will not want GT5 to take anything away from the Sony F1 games.

Back