slipSHOTS: GT4

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 725 comments
Nice wallpaper update Slip.👍 All of your best stuff... All of them look great. Looking forward to more works of art in the future.

WOW!!! Theres enough wallpapers there to last me a whole year!!! *saves them all*
They're GREAT man! i especially love the 2nd shot on the 9th row! BEAUTIFUL! very very suave man !

To see so much shots in only one post is sometimes... hard, but this time was pleasurable. I love your photography quality, how you transform your ideas into mages using GT4 and your PS skills. You've got a great style, not only a great work done.

You can do colorful pics, monochromic pics, semisaturated pics... and all look awesome, with something special. So, I enjoyed woth your last batch of high res images, even with an amazing definition.

salu2.alexwrc

Excellent some new wallpapers, I'm glad you've included some of your old entries 👍

Jesus...what a collection of great wallpapers!! Every one has something that makes look good...colors, reflections,battles (love the car VS bike shot) U name it mate. Great job...and keep bringing more if U have:)

Funkshen - Thanks mate, it really did feel nice putting all of these shots together. I'm sorry you had to wait so long for a larger wallpaper ;).

TVR - I was hoping that would go over well, I was happy to find the .psd file to that one, because I definitely wouldn't have redone it.

Cascada - Thank you :cheers:

440 - Thanks, it's nice to see you stop by. I'm awfully tempted to take a shot at the "new" style of updates Alex is doing, but I need to find a unique approach first.

LGForce - Good, I'm glad they'll find use! :lol:

Fallen - That definitely is one of my favourite shots of the lot, so I'm glad you like it!

Viper - Thanks for dropping by, and I'll be updating soon!

Alex - Thank you for the comment, I know what you mean about a lot of shots sometimes being difficult to take in at once. I'm very interested in organizing each individual update much like your's, though it'll take some serious work. It's just beautiful 👍

725 - The hardest part about the old entries was figuring out their chronological order! It was nice to see them though, some of them feel like I just did them!

Krame - I thought you'd enjoy the WRX :). It's been my wallpaper since I finished touching it up 👍

NTX - I'm on it, and from now on I'm definitely saving .psd files to avoid missing a potential wallpaper ;).

GR21 - :cheers:

Information: I'm hoping for an update this week, before I wrap up midterms. Something small, and it's something I haven't done in a long, long time. So hopefully it works out :)

Update: Time for something a bit simpler, after a couple blurs, and a bunch of Photoshopping. I've been interested in the 117 since before GT4 came out, so I finally took it to a place that complimented its lines for a photo session. Light photoshopping, and only one picture even had the marquee tool near it (to clean up some colour banding). I really wanted some realism, and was inspired by CAR and EVO's shots; yes, that 5th shot could be a cleaner, PS-blur, but they rely on just the camera in the magazines, so why shouldn't I? Obviously I'll still do the other blurs, but in a set like this, it seemed wrong. So anyways, enjoy!

Last edited:
Very nice, clean update. Lots of quantity and quality. Love the final pic with it drifting, and the reflections on the first pic. Only thing I'd suggest is using a little less diffuse blur on some of them, because the details of the hood/roof/trunk are all washed out. It does add a nice effect, but it seems to have cleared out too many details. Other than that, I love it :)

Oh, and a few magazines have started adding in artificial blur, and I don't really like it. Try finding a still image in Automobile Magazine anymore...it does get annoying after a while. Nice update :)

I love them. That colro filter is very interesting in Autumn, and the surfaces are pretty soft. The angles are great too, in your line as usual so wht more to say, excellent update. I like how you bet in the batch of shots.

Salu2.alexwrc

Pink - Nope, no comps, those pics were fresh for that update. Though, they were inspired by an old shot of franz' with a Honda 1300S Coupe, so maybe that's what you were reminded of?

Cascada - Thanks bud!

JTSnooks - That's a good point, and I tried to find a way around losing the details, but I'm glad you're honest. I wanted the blur to give a look of softness to aid the vintage feeling, but I should've spent a bit more time bringing the texture of the grille out. And why am I not surprised you mentioned Automobile? Heh, the american mags seem to use it more than CAR/EVO, though I've noticed them using it a few times too. Sometimes a natural blur helps so much more!

Alex - Whenever I revisit a track, I try to take a bit different colour approach to it. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much :)

LGF - Thanks! I was worried it looked similar to 2 (other than the reversed tilt), but it was too nice to not include, in my opinion.

TVR - The best thing I could hope to hear in an update. Thanks! :cheers:

Information: I'll be putting up a new update throughout the weekend, unsure of when yet. Same bat time, same bat channel!

Nissan 300ZX @ Marunouchi

(click for full size)
___________________________​

Update: I've owned this car for ages, as it was actually one of my first little projects when GT4 came around and we could put other cars' wheels on our rides. I figured R34 wheels would look really good on any Z ;). Nothing fancy, and I really wish I could've cleaned up the reflections more on the first shot, but they were frustrating me. Though, they have an odd sort of look to them now... I dunno. Anyways, a more technically-difficult update will be appearing in the following days; it's taking longer than expected and I wanted to put a new update up, it's been way too long! Enjoy!

(EDIT) Stupid Imageshack overwrote the second shot. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Ive tried so many times, shooting at this location. i simply can't get my head around it, textures on the cars are just horrible, and like you said previously, the reflections are extremely tough to clean up. Though the Z came up really nice, love the 34 wheels on it too!

The first shot, the relfections on the bonnet are fabulous!, don't know why, they dont seem too modified in any way, just the tones with the blue and headlight look great!, and the tones on the ground are perfecto.

The second shot, wow that came up nice!, the door reflections are lovely, and the wheels (like i said before) look great. I also love the tones of the background, really realistic.

Looking foward to the next update. I don't know how you keep doing it. I can't get inspired at all lately.

Very clean Slip 👍

THe first picture is really good, no jaggy edges of what I see are visible and the colors are well balanced 👍

The Isuzu shots are really nice, I like the colours and the car too. The 300ZX shots are amazing, great reflections. Nice and clean just like the title implies. Awesome work Slip. :) 👍

That is awesome mate,, So damn clean:drool: I love the reflections and the details in the shots are just stunning.. The second one is so good,, because you showed a lot of the surrounding,, I love it:drool:

very nicely done slip! i love the colors and the lighting and the reflections are so well balanced. the car looks really clean too. normally that location is really bad for jaggies. way to go!!

Beautiful shots again slip. The first Z shot looks so realistic its insane, and the tone, framing, colors, cleanup and everything else looks fantastic.

Back