Hybrid in GT4 ^_^, save game & code in the 1st post

• Thread starter sucahyo
  • 1,161 comments
lol.It's really simple.Since there are no hybrid codes yet,we have to deal with save games,since it is currently the only way to hybrid cars in GT4.Making a save and uploading it to a memory are completly different stuff.
To create it,you must have PCSX2 working and running GT4 properly,PHAST for memory changing,and lists with the codes of each parts(but since you can take them off any car in game,it's optional).You may think this memory editing and stuff may be diffucult,but it really ain't,i myself ain't no computer geek,and i know the bases(changing engine,drivetrains,chassis and body),so,if i learned that,you probably could learn it too.The hard thing really is setting up PCSX2 to boot GT4,and that's where people have been having problems.And since all PC's are different,i can't help you with that.Well,i can,but i'm not sure if it will work.
Uploading is a lot more easier.Save games are saved by filetype.Think about text file types.GT4.TXT,GT4.DOC,GT4.RTF,whatever, are different files,wich are open with different viewers (well,word can open it all,but you get the picture lol),but essentialy,they all have the same text inside.
Saves are just like that.doesn't matter if it is CBS,MAX,NPO,SPS,XPS or whatever,they all ahev the same stuff inside.But they're meant for different programs.MAX for AR MAX,CBS for CodeBreaker,SPS for SharkPort,XPS for Xport,NPO for certain homebrew programs for PS2.This means that using a converter(located in wwwps2savetools.com , look for ps2 save builder),you can pretty much turn any save to be compatible with your program.
People sometimes ask for a save in a specific format didn't realized yet that they are all the same really,you just need the right tool.
But enough of cheap talk,let's get to work lol.
First,you gotta know what is the region of your game.Assuming that you are from america,you are a NTSC user.So,you must look for NTSC files here(PAL,wich is the european region,won't work in this case).Do you have your save?Now,probably it is in max format.Get that tool,the ps2 save builder.The interface is pretty straightfoward,just open the max file and save it in CBS format.Now,put it on teh drive,load up your codebreaker,and check if the memory manager sees your pen drive(you never told me if you have a recent version of it,i'm assuming you have one).If it doesn't,or the pen is empty,don't worry.
Another thing that people don't know is that every pen can work with PS2,they just need to be formatted correctly.So,format your pen to FAT16.That will(supposedly)get your pen to work.If it still doesn't,tell me.I'll upload a program that worked for me and my friends.You may ask why i don't do that now,but,theorically,just formatting to FAT16 woould work.If you don't know how to do it,check the properties of your pen in the windows explorer,and look for it.

Though I crashed the game a few times when I tried to fit an NA tune without noticing the turbo. Why is Stage 2 better than Stage 3?
Interesting.

Apply: racing muffler, computer chip, stage 2 turbo, nitrous, brakes, brake controller, racing suspension, racing transmission, 3 plate clutch, lightest flywheel, 2-way LSD.
Settings: Transmission setting auto 16. The aids are already turned off, and the new suspension's limited adjustment range makes it handle much better than stock. A pretty nice car.
I want to apply all part purchased code initially, but since I think you all prefer stock I leave it "stock".

I read that some of the guys were getting trouble getting the 4WD cars to turn....well, my suggestion is to soften the front stablizer bars and the brakes and stiffen the rear in both
I usually change other thing too but that's also what I will do to stabilizer :).

I look foward to test your code today suca.

By the way,suca,in that peugeot i just changed the body of a nissan skyline to a 106 one lol.That's why it has such big wheels
Oh, I see :lol:.

I'm excellent at properly building hybrid cars on Gt3 (and GT2)
I do a lot of GT2 hybrid too, my favorite code would be code for removing suspension value limitation and code for removing the 60 degree limit while rolling or pitching.

lol.It's really simple.
A really good explanation PlayGuy 👍, I will add link to this post in first page :).

Tulikettu, I could upload it somewhere else, but since I have very slow connection, I doubt I can succesfully upload big file. Pick what is your favorite save game and I upload it somewhere else.

Thanks, I think I'm taking this one: "Z300ZX with GTR-LM Transmission and Zonda engine and NA upgrade, Silvia Q with supra engine and NA upgrade"

Give me a link as soon as you've uploaded it 👍

Ok suca,i just tried the car equiped with everything,and it works!And it is great.Every car has every part lol,even parts that don't originally were supposed for that car.But those do nothing,for example,a civic with a stage 4 turbo has stock power.

But coolest thing about this code is that it lets any car drive on dirt or snow...that means any special,LM prototype or whatever can drive on dirt!lol.I'm driving a autobacs MR S on ice arena now,it is great!

Give me a link as soon as you've uploaded it 👍
Here:
http://www.fileupyours.com/files/89389/lowrider.max

Ok suca,i just tried the car equiped with everything,and it works!And it is great.
:cheers: Nice :). We can start releasing GT4 Hybrid code now :D.

Every car has every part lol,even parts that don't originally were supposed for that car.But those do nothing,for example,a civic with a stage 4 turbo has stock power.
I see, good thing the code do not locking up the game :).

But coolest thing about this code is that it lets any car drive on dirt or snow...that means any special,LM prototype or whatever can drive on dirt!lol.I'm driving a autobacs MR S on ice arena now,it is great!
That's really cool, this deserve an announcement thread :lol:. BTW, what tire did you use? can you use R5 tire on ice?

suchayo, still nothing on my codes ive tried changing the last 0000 in each line and still nothing at all :(
Are you talking about NTSC code? That code still need to be corrected, so use my original code and post a save game created when using this code:
VNKE-QJYP-QTWEG
0YB8-G0VJ-H4R1N
9MC5-9JX3-E6HPY

I will use the save game to find the correct code.

Hey dudes!
I've been quietly watching this thread from the beginning and I've been frantically trying to get pcsx2 to work on my pc but no luck. I somehow got it working today... well, sort of. The program is running and GT4 loads up nicely for a while but then it seems to crash. It lets me get as far as saving a new profile on GT4 but after that nothing happens. I was wondering if any of you guys who are running the program successfully have any ideas on why and how I could fix this as I really want to help in any way I can.

Thanks for the link sucahyo. I assume you are not supposed to change any settings in the hybrid cars? I went through the settings and even there wasn't anything to choose in the Exhaust for example, the amount of horsepower went to +5000 and then came back to +400 in the 300ZX.

I did a quick test with the 300ZX and it seemed like a lots of fun 👍

I see, good thing the code do not locking up the game :).

Nop,it just goes back to stock after using it.

That's really cool, this deserve an announcement thread :lol:. BTW, what tire did you use? can you use R5 tire on ice?

Well,when you enter a dirt course,it automatically selects the dirt tyres,but the tyres you had before appear there too.It is on the dirt section,but for example,it shows that you also have qualify slicks lol.I dunno if that changes the driving tough.I'm gonna try to find out.

I'm finally running GT4 on my PC and it's working quite well *laughs manically*

I have no previous knowledge of this sort of thing. I used sucahyo's method on post #25 to find the memory address for the suspension ride height with phaste and it was very very easy.

Actually i found 3 different addresses:

00A2A70C 0041
00F702FA 0041
00F8785C 0041

This is for the F1 car with 65mm ride height.

sucahyo:
sorry but could you give me the link for the save with 90hp subaru 360?
This thread has become so big it's difficult to find any specific information you're trying to search :boggled:
Maybe it's finally time to build a site dedicated to gt4 hybriding? :)

Does anybody have the codes or savegame that has the Toyota ESSO Ultraflow Supra JGTC for NTSC U/C.

And do not tell that it is not in the NTSC U/C Version, I have already checked the .VOL file and it is in there.

I have no previous knowledge of this sort of thing. I used sucahyo's method on post #25 to find the memory address for the suspension ride height with phaste and it was very very easy.

00A2A70C 0041
00F702FA 0041
00F8785C 0041

This is cool:tup:. I tried it with my pc but I guess I don't have enough power:(.

Damned :ouch:
neither one of those 8 car saves have a working version of subaru 360 :(

sucahyo: Could you make a compilation save of all working hybrids if you've find out already what corrupts them?
I remember you posted something about this a while ago

Edit: at least the Z4 works and it's unbelievably unstable :lol:
That also means it's unbelievably fun to drive, it just doesn't go out of control no matter how sideways it goes on straightways :D

Too bad my DFP gas pedal has started spiking again, I've tried to reinforce the pots with rubber silicone but it's not stiff enough..

I've been trying to do the same... Suca gave me a patch or something, but I got stuck on the first screen (the one where it tells you to wear a seatbelt) for about 30k frames. It runs stable, even fast, as some might say (30-40FPS) on a painfully-slow computer. It just keeps on counting the frames, the speeds change and everything, but nothing really happens. Using PAL 1.60 BIOS, running the PAL disk, and with the patch Suca gave me, I didn't get the 'Patch Not Found' error anymore.

Any help now?

I assume you are not supposed to change any settings in the hybrid cars? I went through the settings and even there wasn't anything to choose in the Exhaust for example, the amount of horsepower went to +5000 and then came back to +400 in the 300ZX.
Yes, some modification can revert to default if we change setting.

Nop,it just goes back to stock after using it.
I see.

Well,when you enter a dirt course,it automatically selects the dirt tyres,but the tyres you had before appear there too.It is on the dirt section,but for example,it shows that you also have qualify slicks lol.I dunno if that changes the driving tough.I'm gonna try to find out.
Ok, can you post some picture of LM car driving on ice too?

Congratulation :). Sorry, I overlook your previous post.

00A2A70C 0041
00F702FA 0041
00F8785C 0041

You only need the first address. ride height is 2 byte, other suspension setting take 1 byte. the layout is the same as GT3 one.

sucahyo:
sorry but could you give me the link for the save with 90hp subaru 360?
I grouped all save game in the first post, but I still never creating a working PAL one.

This thread has become so big it's difficult to find any specific information you're trying to search :boggled:
Maybe it's finally time to build a site dedicated to gt4 hybriding? :)
Yes, I intend to do that after I am done making GT4 hybrid database :).

Does anybody have the codes or savegame that has the Toyota ESSO Ultraflow Supra JGTC for NTSC U/C.

And do not tell that it is not in the NTSC U/C Version, I have already checked the .VOL file and it is in there.
Yes, the name exist in name list, but do not exist in ID list nor engine list.

So, if I use the code for that car, the game will crash.

This is cool:tup:. I tried it with my pc but I guess I don't have enough power:(.
You don't need fast PC if you only need it to create hybrid. A good graphic card help more than fast cpu.

sucahyo: Could you make a compilation save of all working hybrids if you've find out already what corrupts them?
I remember you posted something about this a while ago
Yes, I already have a suspission of what make it corrupt (PCSX2 bug). but I can't find the workaround for it.

Edit: at least the Z4 works and it's unbelievably unstable :lol:
That also means it's unbelievably fun to drive, it just doesn't go out of control no matter how sideways it goes on straightways :D

Too bad my DFP gas pedal has started spiking again, I've tried to reinforce the pots with rubber silicone but it's not stiff enough..
I use +30 toe at the rear :D.

I've been trying to do the same... Suca gave me a patch or something, but I got stuck on the first screen (the one where it tells you to wear a seatbelt) for about 30k frames. It runs stable, even fast, as some might say (30-40FPS) on a painfully-slow computer. It just keeps on counting the frames, the speeds change and everything, but nothing really happens. Using PAL 1.60 BIOS, running the PAL disk, and with the patch Suca gave me, I didn't get the 'Patch Not Found' error anymore.

Any help now?
try to change the processor option (in config - cpu) to interpreter mode. Use null audio plugin.

Yes, I intend to do that after I am done making GT4 hybrid database :).
wohoo! I'm really looking forward to it :D
I think it's time for me to start doing my own hybrids soon, at least when i get my main computer back from the repair shop :ouch:
just hoping that I still remember the hacking skills I learned with snes and psx games :lol:

I use +30 toe at the rear :D.
to me it looks more like the car has +30 camber at the rear :odd:
you'll see it yourself after I post the clip i made, I really bet you want to see it :D
the only problem is the file size, about 30-40 megabytes :(

Edit:
okay, here's the download link:
http://mihd.net/oin5kf 44 megabytes, 6 minutes long
first click on the "request download link", then you'll see "Download File" link on the right side
this filehost looks pretty fast and also supports accelerators and resume, I think other people should try it as well
notice how I'm constantly countersteering slightly in that long left bend after 0:40 :D

try to convert that using a specific progam or windows movie maker,because i think suca has a slow connection,and even for me that is too big lol

I don't think i can make it much smaller :(
it's pretty small and highly compressed already by the standards today and lower than 640x480 resolution loses too much detail..
just download it little by little if you can't keep your internet connection open over night, even my friend who has slow modem downloaded it in three hours :)

lol.It's really simple.Since there are no hybrid codes yet,we have to deal with save games,since it is currently the only way to hybrid cars in GT4.Making a save and uploading it to a memory are completly different stuff.

Thanks a lot Playguy for the explanation, (I was quite busy for the past week, that's why I'm now responding), I think I could manage to do all that. I'll keep u posted. I'm from Trinidad W.I., and I think our's is NTSC. I have a new version of Gameshark for the PS2, I didn't get the Codebreaker yet.........but when I used to hybrid on PS1, both the Gameshark and the Codebreaker discs were capable of performing the very same tasks. The Gameshark is not recognising the Dane flash drive, but I'll try formatting it later. I should be getting a Memorex 2Gig Memory stick by Thursday. As soon as I put together all those things you mentioned, I'll be sending you saves of my hybrids from GT3. I've already done some messing around with GT4, actually I had the codes the day after the game was released (I didn't recieve my original copy of the game 'til the day after that)...... So one of my memory cards has stuff like "all gold liscences, all the cars unlocked (all with 0.0miles that had H.P. figures like 6.2mile cars), etc

just hoping that I still remember the hacking skills I learned with snes and psx games :lol:
It's not so hard :).

to me it looks more like the car has +30 camber at the rear :odd:
IIRC, I use +10 rear camber value which is still normal, but what made the car can be controlled during sideways is much / \ rear toe.

you'll see it yourself after I post the clip i made, I really bet you want to see it :D
the only problem is the file size, about 30-40 megabytes :(
As long as it support resume, it will be no problem, thanks :).

notice how I'm constantly countersteering slightly in that long left bend after 0:40 :D
I'll watch the video soon :). using positive rear toe make the car easier to control during sideways, you will have trouble preventing spin if I use -30 rear toe :).

I should be getting a Memorex 2Gig Memory stick by Thursday.
I am not sure if 2GB memory stick can be used to transfer save........

I got the japanese version of phaste. the english download link wasnt available i guess. how do i use this program?

What im aiming for is creating hybrids both in GT3 and GT4 (NTSC) and transfering the save files using USB to my PS3, i might have to some converting.

so far i've found the locations for gearbox, suspension, lsd, tyres, wheels and ballast/weight distribution. it's been very easy so far but somewhat time consuming.

sucahyo, i assume you already know all the locations so you probably don't see much point in me doing this. i just wanted to learn for myself how it's done just for fun. if you need any help finding anything let me know i might be able to help you. I assume you are compiling a database with the locations and codes for every car, maybe i can help? let me know.

also i don't know how to extract/export the pcsx2 memory card saves so i can test them on my ps2. i already know how to convert and import armax save into pcsx2 but not the other way around. can you explain how its done please?

Back