Post pics of your PS3 setup!

• Thread starter DuckRacer
  • 351 comments
Do you have any problems with the consoles(PS3 and 360) Verticle?
Actually, no. With my 1st 360 it started to scratch discs when it was vertical, but with my second one it's all good. No problems with the PSWii as well.
Jeremy could you please tell me how you got that backround? the picture I can understand but your icons look a little different
Its not the icons, its just a picture with bars that are meant to make the xmb icons stand out. Such as this, only this is for the PSP.

Here are 2 pics of my living room.

TV: Toshiba 32" - 32WL36P
DVD-Player: Toshiba SD220-E (Codefree)
The box left of the TV is a Digital-TV reciever. It's not used that much outside NFL Season ;) since Motors TV cancelled their the BTCC coverage :grumpy:

I'll buy a Full HD TV as soon as 24p is fully supported. The price must be reasonable as well of course. :sly:

Here are 2 pics of my ps3 room

Silver TV: Prima 34" HDTV but not 1080p
Black TV: Toshiba 27" SD

I love this setup because I can play the PS3 on both TVs, watch TV on both or do one of each. Also playing 2 different consoles at the same time is fun.

6cfkn6p.jpg

^ this image sponsored by AT&T - Raising the Bar

:lol: sorry - i had to.

Mine I dont remember me posting a shot with the ps3 and stuff so here goes.

Yep, one is enough to heat up my "little" play room. Don't what 3 ps are going to do.

At last I've got my HDMI DVI-D cables but I can't play. I don't know how to setup a connection between the 3 ps3'3.

There are several possibilities to connect the ps3's (hardware)

* I've got a linksys router which is connected with a linksys switch.

* I can connect the ps3'3 with the router but this way it will cost me another router, so I don't prefer this setup.

* I can connect the ps3's with the switvch.

I don't know how to setup a link between the ps3's in the LAN setup of GT4. Do I need to set the IP addresses to "automatically"? Or do I need to set the IP addressed manual?

What about the player name, the machine name etc...

Is there someone who can explain to me what to do, step by step?

I read through 4 old threads concerning GT4 LAn setup but I can't find the right answer.

:)

I would suggest PM'ing Famine as I'm sure he mentioned something about him doing it with his PS3 to PS2 before. Not too sure if it'll be the same PS3 to PS3 though, but it's worth a try.

Mines ridiculously laughable compared to all of yours...The only decent thing is the surround sound. Oh yeah, sorry for the pictures of Stuntman Ignition, my brother just had to be playing it...(not my game)...

1483906485_b48692c0a6_o.jpg

1483906985_04540a996e_o.jpg

Also the white wire is for my brothers amp, how he plays the PS3 and uses his amp at the same time I still don't know...

Great news, but perhaps for future reference, can you tell us how you got it to work? Thanks.

Great news, but perhaps for future reference, can you tell us how you got it to work? Thanks.
Yes.

I was thinking, why doesn't it work. It had something to do with the IP addresses. So, I checked the IP addresses and Netmask from the PS3 itself (PS3 settings). Used these instead of the typical 192.168.0.1, .2, .3 and 255.255.255.0.

I'm using a linksys 250SD 5-port switch connected to a linksys router BEFSR41. Connect the PS3's to this switch with 3 ethernet cat5 straight cables. Check the IP address and Netmask from each PS3. (photo 13, 14, 15).

* Run GT4 on all three PS3's.

* Go to "options" and then go to "LAN play" (photo 1).

* "LAN settings" is the next menu that you get when you open LAN play (photo 2, 3, 4).

* Then go to "LAN connections" (photo 5). Photo 6 is the next menu.

* Don't forget to SAVE your settings! (photo 7).

* choose ARCADE MODE in the same menu as seen on photo 7.

* Choose "Multi LAN Race " (photo 8).

* Next menu: "internet service provider settings " (photo 9).
IP address
: take the IP address and the Netmask from your PS3 settings (photo 13, 14, 15). Click OK and you get the next menu. You can connect your PS3's in this menu. I don't really know if it is necessary but I connect the side monitors first (PS3's) and then the middle monitor (PS3), which is the host. If you did it right, you'll be connected within 15 sec.

* This is the result. (photo 10, 11, 12).

I did some other tests.

1) Switch connected to the router and "Use DHCP" set to "YES" = (automatic IP and Netmask) also works, (see photo 9 (change "no" into "yes")) .

2) Switch disconnected from the router and "Use DHCP" set to "no" = IP address and Netmask from the PS3, also works. (see photo 9).

3) Switch disconnected from the router and "Use DHCP" set to "yes" = (automatic IP and Netmask) doesn't work, (see photo 9 change "no" into "yes").

If you have questions, PM me and I'll gladly answer your questions.

Attachments

• DSCN1194 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1194 (Medium).JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 342
  • DSCN1195 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1195 (Medium).JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCN1196 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1196 (Medium).JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 254
  • DSCN1197 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1197 (Medium).JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCN1198 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1198 (Medium).JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCN1199 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1199 (Medium).JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCN1200 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1200 (Medium).JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCN1201 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1201 (Medium).JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCN1202 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1202 (Medium).JPG
    45 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCN1204 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1204 (Medium).JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 3,350
  • DSCN1205 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1205 (Medium).JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 419
  • DSCN1206 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1206 (Medium).JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 405
  • DSCN1207 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1207 (Medium).JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCN1208 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1208 (Medium).JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 262
  • DSCN1209 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1209 (Medium).JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 301
That's insane! +rep

Only works with GT4 or does it do the same with other games?

Only works with GT4 or does it do the same with other games?
I think I also works with GT3 but I'm not sure. I read somewhere that Ferrari Challenge (don't know that game) also works with multiple monitor setup.

I haven't put a pic up yet, so here it is. Crappy cell phone pic that is washed out by the TV brightness. I will have to take a better pic with my digital camera later.

Yes.

I was thinking, why doesn't it work. It had something to do with the IP addresses. So, I checked the IP addresses and Netmask from the PS3 itself (PS3 settings). Used these instead of the typical 192.168.0.1, .2, .3 and 255.255.255.0.

I'm using a linksys 250SD 5-port switch connected to a linksys router BEFSR41. Connect the PS3's to this switch with 3 ethernet cat5 straight cables. Check the IP address and Netmask from each PS3. (photo 13, 14, 15).

* Run GT4 on all three PS3's.

* Go to "options" and then go to "LAN play" (photo 1).

* "LAN settings" is the next menu that you get when you open LAN play (photo 2, 3, 4).

* Then go to "LAN connections" (photo 5). Photo 6 is the next menu.

* Don't forget to SAVE your settings! (photo 7).

* choose ARCADE MODE in the same menu as seen on photo 7.

* Choose "Multi LAN Race " (photo 8).

* Next menu: "internet service provider settings " (photo 9).
IP address
: take the IP address and the Netmask from your PS3 settings (photo 13, 14, 15). Click OK and you get the next menu. You can connect your PS3's in this menu. I don't really know if it is necessary but I connect the side monitors first (PS3's) and then the middle monitor (PS3), which is the host. If you did it right, you'll be connected within 15 sec.

* This is the result. (photo 10, 11, 12).

I did some other tests.

1) Switch connected to the router and "Use DHCP" set to "YES" = (automatic IP and Netmask) also works, (see photo 9 (change "no" into "yes")) .

2) Switch disconnected from the router and "Use DHCP" set to "no" = IP address and Netmask from the PS3, also works. (see photo 9).

3) Switch disconnected from the router and "Use DHCP" set to "yes" = (automatic IP and Netmask) doesn't work, (see photo 9 change "no" into "yes").

If you have questions, PM me and I'll gladly answer your questions.

Great set-up Kikie 👍 - does it make for a much improved driving experience?

Yes, it does. My laps times are improving. You can actually *see* where you're going.
This is especially true for driving with the cockpit view... which is my favorite, but with only one screen, it really limits you to what is going on around you.

This is especially true for driving with the cockpit view... which is my favorite, but with only one screen, it really limits you to what is going on around you.
Well, you can look around with the DFP. My wife likes to watch me play GT and she complains when I look around or behind because she doesn't know it's coming and makes her sick. :lol:

Oh, and here is a much better quality image of my PS3 setup. You can actually see more than just the power light.

Click for full size.

Back