Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
MFT Z-486 SC'03

486 bhp, 726 Nm, 1122 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Supercharger
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 6.5
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Bound: 2 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 8
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 3

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.291
2nd: 2.231
3rd: 1.635
4th: 1.275
5th: 1.035
6th: 0.865
Final Gear: 3.300

Autoset 11

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 17
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 23

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

And here it is. MFT Z-486 SC, based on the most basic Z available. This car was inspired by Wangan Midnight-anime's Devil Z, and in some ways, it is scary like the Devil Z. First off, some numbers: 486bhp, 726nm of torque. Top speed? A nudge beyond magical 300km/h (180mph) barrier. There's enough grip and acceleration to deform your face, and occasional nervous twitch of the rear keeps you awake in the corners. Despite it's lower power, it's running equally with more powerful cars like Spirra and the rest of supercars, without being as lethal. So, have fun while giving those 500bhp+ car run for their money!

Guys, I'd like to say that my experience in your awesome Mustang GT-S '05 has prompted me to finally do away with TCS. I've always set both ASMs to zero, but tended to leave a little TCS on.

No more though. 0 / 0 / 0 from now on. I've got a DFP, why not learn some throttle control?

Up next is your Seat Ibiza Cupra R '04! Should be quite a change after the big Stang.

OK, I just took your Seat Ibiza Cupra R '04 for a spin.

Went over to Grand Valley Speedway and ran a few laps stock, except for driving aids set to 0 / 0 / 0.

2'27.839
2'26.852

Even stock, I thought this was a fun little car to drive. Peppy and easy to drive.

Then I applied all of your mods.

Thanks for not throwing a big turbo on this one. It's not always about raw HP. Not having a wing was a nice touch too, for a car like this.

Anyway, I went back to GVS and ran

2'20.799
2'19.666

I was going to stop there, but after getting 666 I felt like hey, why not one more lap?

So on the third lap I beat on it more, and drove more aggressively. I landed a 2'19.492, which wasn't much better than my second lap, but what thrilled me was that this car took the beating. I drove kinda nasty and the little car stayed on the track.

With your mods it is much more fun to drive. I felt more in control on the corners, and liked the way your transmission settings felt. Brakes were better than stock as well.

Great work on this little car, thanks!

👍

OK, I just took the car over the the Capri Rally (Easy). Won the 1st race nice and easy. The AI car was all over the place, swinging wide and bouncing off the walls. Meanwhile I was much more in control with the Ibiza Cupra, and drove much cleaner.

On the second race I got into first place and was hanging there, until the AI car came up from behind, sideswiping me and giving me (the innocent victim!) the 5 second penalty. So then I had to play catch up, and drove the car harder than I normally would. Again, the car responsed well to a more aggressive style, and I got back into first place.

All in all, that was a fun car / track combo!

Well guess what finally showed up in the History lot after school today

The '83 Nissan 240RS that i thought would never come! :crazy:, so here's the long awaited review

As mentioned in the notes, this car is not for those who favor torque'y turbos, but rather screamers as in N/A power, and this car fits that quite well, not much of a roar in the lower RPM's, but once its up and high it likes to stay there loud and proud 👍, i found myself flooring it sometimes just to see what kind of note i could get it to produce, only to realize i should be braking at that point, but instead of getting understeer, the rear kicked out just enough to get around and out of the corner.

I like that in a car, im considering having you guys take a look at my Impreza to see if you can improve it by some chance

Its a good car, that for sure, i just wish there was a TRD wide-body AE86 in GT4, now thats a thing of beauty.

PENARIN: we're glad that we could save another GT-player from the horrid AIDS! 👍 :lol:

Kurei: believe or not, some time ago I was working on mysterious "Bunta-spec" Impreza. I still doodle around with it, just to see what it can do.. just let me know the specs you want it to have and I'll jump on it.💡

That Z-486 looks amazing..

Have to test it out.. Exactly which model is it?
Does it work with the Yellow Gt Edition 350Z?

Penarin - Thanks for the review! The Ibiza isn't the fastest car around, not by any means, but it was my attempt to just improve the strong points of the original model and iron out the bad sides. As the rules go, you're allowed to request a car to be tuned now, anything in mind? :)

Kurei - Isn't it a fascinating feeling when the wait is finally over? :P It sounds you managed to capture the essential idea of the car, and it also sounds you had a good time with it! 👍 Leonidae seems to be taking care of your Impreza but if you want to ask for something directly in return to this review, fire away!

Frozen - "The most basic model Z available", ie. the normal 350Z of the '03 year. While the suspension may work, the gearbox probably won't. The power will be different, as will the weight. That all adds to the final result, which won't be as refined as it was meant, and made, to be. It's actually quite pointless to build it out of a different model as it isn't the same car anymore. I bet there is a good reason why it was based on the base model.

indeed there is.. the base model is lightest, and as far as I can tell, get's the most out of tune ups, vbe it NA, supercharger or turbochargers.

hiya guys,

yesterday i tried out your Mustang Greycap and i was totally happy with the setup. so good, so much grip, but also some rear-wheel-action possible. accel and brakes are wonderful and the result is a real track-machine, ready to shred some tarmac! 👍

viper

Greycap:
Thank you.. Ofcourse I will try with the basic 350Z.. It was just a question

Leonidae:
Oh.. I didn't know that before.. Allways thought that the Gt Edition was a lot better.

Hey fellow Finns! Terve äijät! I've been observing this great thread of your's for guite a long time now. I'm very impressed how you've put it up. I'm not so familiar with internet and all these forums etc, but this garage of your's is very easy and fun to follow even for a dinosaur (it depends) like me. I mean I like how you've put the links with pictures on the front page and how all the settings are in that similar/accurate way under any car of your's. And those funny/pro descriptions of your cars are always a pleasure to read. Oh, and about your English - I always got a 10 in school, but I'm nowhere as near you guys.

I haven't tried any of your setups (for now), but I can clearly see you guys know very much of what you're doing. I have "some" real-life-experience with cars and tuning them. Often IRL there are many limitations (money?) for what you can do with your car, but in GT4 there really isn't (at least the money-factor). For me GT4 is mostly about picking up a car i prefer fun/cool/interesting and trying to tune it up for me and my needs and take it for a ride on Nordschleife. I have compared my settings with your's and I've found Greycap's very similar to my own ones.

OK, my poker tournament is about to start any minute now, so I have to go. Keep up the good work and helping out people to learn about cars and to get the most fun out of these games we play. I'm very proud to be Finnish here.

+rep for both of you fellows 👍

Hello hello! No morjesta, mitä mies?

Good to see you finally putting down your impressions, you've certainly been noticed during your browse here! The layout was thought about a lot before the actual release, we thought it would be the best to go with a simple but effective approach without too many bells and whistles that would only cause distraction. The setup sheet we use was one of the first things developed and it has needed only slight updates on the way. Consistency is a big thing when going for the "Pro" look and making every setup post look similar certainly helps.

As our organisation goes, we have a graphics department (the one that gets the most difficult jobs), a test driving department (we have our own "The Stig"), a planning department (the one that never sleeps)... the first two of them are formed by me and the planning department consists of both of us. :D Every piece of graphics we have is hand made, every lap time on the banners has really been driven. The entire thing has been made from scratch, even the borders on the pictures of the cars.

About the school grades in English, well... Leonidae racked up those 10's in the elementary school, I continued collecting them in the upper secondary school too. :P

Our setups are slightly different when it comes to the driving style needed, I make cars for more aggressive, looser driving while he prefers total control in every situation. As a base line, if you don't get my cars to break the grip limits at least once a lap, you're not going fast enough. If you're all over the place but still keeping your right foot hard down, you have the correct style. :lol:

If we can help you being proud of your nationality, it's definitely something that wasn't even hoped for when we began. Big thanks for the comments, I hope we'll see you return some day with a car review! 👍

Shelby GT350RR '65 review -"the car had an ease of driving that I wasn't expecting given its age"

Having managed to find some time I decided to do a review of this car; just something in the name meant I had to ;)

Taking the car to Suzuka, initial impressions were good. The car had good composure and most suprising was the cars behaviour in second gear combined with little modulation - somehow the setup managed to keep the wheels in traction - an added bonus since it relieves the workload allowing you to concentrate on other things.

Going into the first corner after the main straight I got my first indication of the cars braking. It was balanced in the fact that it didn't cause any particular over/understeer but it did feel a little soft, and before any hot laps could be done braking points had to be clearly thought out. Though overall once I had adapted to its braking, it was predicatable and generally precise.

Through the S curves the cars balance had the opportunity to shine, not once was the car stepping drastically out of line and it was willing to change direction comfortably in quick succession.

Going round the Dunlop curve, the car had good traction and stability in the high speed corner which was particularly helpful given the oncoming and sharp degner curve. Once again braking was the main issue and the soft feel was initially an issue.

Over the rest of the track, the car kept its composure in the high speed sections, and particularly going into 130R, all that the track could throw up was well within the limits of the cars suspension.

Overall the car had an ease of driving that I wasn't expecting given its age. The setup gave the car the ability to follow all the intended lines with ease and rarely stepped out of balance (though obviously it will if you really want to :mischievous:). Another indicator of the setups quality is the fact that it managed to comfortably control and use the cars power; not overly tamed but made to be civil in a way of sorts. My final time was a 1'59.738 which might not be the fastest of my Mad Finntuners tests, but easily one of the most enjoyable.

So to end, congrats with the work done on this setup - the results of which are easy to see 👍

Edit: MFT Z-486 SC'03 review -"I was almost under the impression I had put super softs on it by accident"

Much like the Shelby name, I've also got quite an attachment to the Nissan Z-cars.

After digging out my 350Z, the settings were promptly applied and this test was done at GVS.

As ever the first corner after the main straight gave a good indication of the cars orientation, which just happened to feel very neutral. Going into the first corner (and incidently those leading onto the straight), I was almost under the impression I had put super softs on it by accident; such was the huge amounts of grip and confidence I had from the car. This meant it took naturally to the out-out-in line I prefer on the corner and never felt as if it would lose control.

Going out of the straight and into the next complex the cars composure stayed exactly the same. I barely needed to drop the speed in preperation for the long right-left sweep and it was quick to change direction without any trouble.

As the hairpin approached, over the laps I gradually began to brake later and later. The cars neutal character meant that no understeer was ever felt but just to liven things up, on some occasions whilst in second gear, the car would treat itself to some controlled sliding.

The next complex of corners is what I consider to be the hardest part of the track to get right, but in this case the car had such composure that this was a breeze. As before it was quick to change direction whilst showing good resistance to being unbalanced by the aggressive weight shifting and had everything well within its limits, further reinforcing my belief that it corners like it's on super softs.

The latter faster sections of the lap gave a similar reaction of being unable to unsettle the car. Particularly going into the tunnel, little braking was needed before being back on full power pulling out of the long (and what was made to be fast) corner. Perhaps most suprising of all was that the right hander leading onto the straight could be taken full throttle with ease everytime without the need for a particular line.

In the end I finished with a final time of 1'42.939. My overall impressions are that the setup takes full advantage of everything its got, especially the tyres making it seem like its running some very exotic racing rubber. I've actually forgotten my previous lap times with other cars from this garage, but I'm willing to bet that this is definately amongst the fastest 👍.

Pyrelli

i tested your Z-486 SC yesterday, and it's really an impressive car with its low power numbers! redline at about 294km/h and a stunning acceleration pushes this car very fast about nearly every track. i noticed a bit understeer, but maybe that's my driving style.... i got rid of the understeer with totally go off the gas and let the Z slide. really a great car, tons of grip! well done 👍

viper

i tested your Z-486 SC yesterday, and it's really an impressive car with its low power numbers! redline at about 294km/h and a stunning acceleration pushes this car very fast about nearly every track. i noticed a bit understeer, but maybe that's my driving style.... i got rid of the understeer with totally go off the gas and let the Z slide. really a great car, tons of grip! well done 👍

viper

Thanks for the testing!:) I really appreciate it that you have the time and patience to test most of our cars.👍

Review Gekko Jr.

+ Sick fast
+ Great Performance
+ Incredible difference with stock

- None

To have an objective look at your settings, I needed to take the "Stocky" out for a ride first.

Stock:

To cut to the case, this car was booooring to drive...
This is a car I would classify as "decent", no real power, decent steering, dull handling. The car was well balanced, but that's it.

In short: Just BLEGH!

MFT:

"Oh boy!" "Oh boy, sick fast!"
This is what you'll hear me saying, when I'm having tons of fun with this "well Balanced, yet tail happy rascal". When I got my first indication of the cars braking, I was astonished. It was very good, whereas I needed to get used to the extreme late braking points. I really enjoyed this ride.:)

You guys did a very good job, again.:)
Handling, brakes, everything was superB!

~(long and excellent review)~ My overall impressions are that the setup takes full advantage of everything its got, especially the tyres making it seem like its running some very exotic racing rubber. I've actually forgotten my previous lap times with other cars from this garage, but I'm willing to bet that this is definately amongst the fastest 👍.

Pyrelli

My oh my.. You drive my creations faster than I can! :dopey: Though, I knew that this car can rival Spirra due their similar nature - both are torque monsters and have similar weight. But whereas Spirra is raging lunatic with a chainsaw, this one has a sniper rifle. Well done review deserves 👍 from me!

Review Gekko Jr.

+ Sick fast
+ Great Performance
+ Incredible difference with stock

- None

To have an objective look at your settings, I needed to take the "Stocky" out for a ride first.

Stock:

To cut to the case, this car was booooring to drive...
This is a car I would classify as "decent", no real power, decent steering, dull handling. The car was well balanced, but that's it.

In short: Just BLEGH!

MFT:

"Oh boy!" "Oh boy, sick fast!"
This is what you'll hear me saying, when I'm having tons of fun with this "well Balanced, yet tail happy rascal". When I got my first indication of the cars braking, I was astonished. It was very good, whereas I needed to get used to the extreme late braking points. I really enjoyed this ride.:)

You guys did a very good job, again.:)
Handling, brakes, everything was superB!

And now you understand why it it's named after agile reptile that can run up and down on glass walls. :lol:

Both of you have right for one request from me now. Use it wisely. ;)

Well I would prefer if one of you guys would write a little review of this baby:

Considering you guys are GT-R freaks, I guess you are the guys I'm looking for, when I'm looking for a good review.

I think we all look forward to that.

Still, I must thank you, Leo, for the review of my RX-7 that prompted me to go back through it.

MFT Z-486 SC'03

When I first saw it I knew that someday I will have that car and it's going to be so fast. I imagined about 900 hp and a top speed of 350km/h

And when Leonidae showed the settings for this car, I really had to test it, and so I did.

I bought all the tuning parts needed and then I went for the Special Stage Route 5 cirquit. I decided to drive the car completely stock before tuning it so I could see the differences. In stock I passed a lap in 1:32 seconds and even though it wasn't tuned, the car was fast and very stable in all speeds.

Then it was time for the tuned version to make it's appereance.
I was a little sceptic about the downforce and the toe angles but I followed your settings to perfection.
I entered A-spec mode and immediantly I realised that despite it's relatively low power, this is a car to rely on.

After the first corners I was out on the straight. The acceleration was good and smooth. Not hasty and quick but stable and quite fast. In the end of the straight I passed 300km/h just before I hit the brakes. The brakes was fantastic. The car was very stable and the speed decreased quickly as I entered the tunnel.

The suspension is very stable and It handles corners very well. This car isn't lethal and probably isn't ment to be either. It's very gentle to the driver no matter where or how you drive it.
Because it's so stable it doesn't feel so fast but the lap times tells me it is.
After a good lap on Special Stage I passed the finishline in 1 minute and 18 seconds.

Very good car Leonidae.. Actually.. The Greatest you've done! Of the ones I've tested ofcourse. :)

Glad you liked it.

Hmm.. The Opera Performance S2000 will be my requested car..
With full power and loads of grip with R3 or R4 tires
It isn't a race car, is it?

And I'll save my second request to a later occasion..

Thanks for the testing!:) I really appreciate it that you have the time and patience to test most of our cars.👍

nothing to thank guys..........you're both doing a great job with this tuning garage, and every car which has made the "MFT-transformation" is worth driving around! so keep up the good work guys 👍

viper

As the unofficial Flying Finn of GTP I'd like to say one thing here...

Congratulations Kimi! :cheers:

I'll reply to the reviews etc. later.

Ok, after a long time of lurking your thread, i'm finally going to review the NSX-R.

I decided to test the NSX-R on Tsukuba, whilst being a short circuit, i'm extremly confident on it so i feel that i can give a good review of the car. Im not very experienced with the use of sports tires however, soultimately my times are going to suffer as a consequence. The first thing that struck me about this car is the breaking distances, it took me a good 3-4 laps to get used to it. Despite the use of Sport tires i found the steering to be quite good, the car never showed a great deal of understeer. I say "great deal" because ofcourse if you push the car too much your going to hit the barrier :P. The gearing was spot on in my opinion, as i could full throttle out of corners without a hint of wheelspin and the acceleration out of corners was perfect, providing i didnt lose to much traction. Adding a spoiler would of helped as i think the added downforce through the corners would allow me to start accelerating out of the corner quicker, shaving off a couple of tenths off my time.

My best time before i started to type was '58.899 but i reckon i could make it atleast '58.400 if i spent alot more time.

Thanks for the great tuning thread you've guys have made, keep it up 👍

Shelby GT350RR '65 review -"the car had an ease of driving that I wasn't expecting given its age"

Having managed to find some time I decided to do a review of this car; just something in the name meant I had to ;)

Taking the car to Suzuka, initial impressions were good. The car had good composure and most suprising was the cars behaviour in second gear combined with little modulation - somehow the setup managed to keep the wheels in traction - an added bonus since it relieves the workload allowing you to concentrate on other things.
I spent quite an amount of time fiddling with the rear suspension to get the desired amount of power oversteer while still retaining the traction needed to get out of corners without a huge amount of tyre smoke. Sounds like I managed it! 👍

Going into the first corner after the main straight I got my first indication of the cars braking. It was balanced in the fact that it didn't cause any particular over/understeer but it did feel a little soft, and before any hot laps could be done braking points had to be clearly thought out. Though overall once I had adapted to its braking, it was predicatable and generally precise.
To this day I haven't understood this "soft" thing, but I have a strong feeling that it has something to do with the controllers we use. The DS2 allows using more powerful brakes as it forgives a lot more small losses in grip than the G25, with the wheel it's better to have a bit less powerful brakes to allow steering while braking, kind of an ABS. The Shelby doesn't even have that good brakes to begin with... but as you said, at least it's predictable. :)

Through the S curves the cars balance had the opportunity to shine, not once was the car stepping drastically out of line and it was willing to change direction comfortably in quick succession.

Going round the Dunlop curve, the car had good traction and stability in the high speed corner which was particularly helpful given the oncoming and sharp degner curve. Once again braking was the main issue and the soft feel was initially an issue.

Over the rest of the track, the car kept its composure in the high speed sections, and particularly going into 130R, all that the track could throw up was well within the limits of the cars suspension.
It's indeed a very good handler for a muscle car that doesn't even have a wing. I think I could have made it faster, but it would still have fallen short of modern cars with similar power and weight figures (just look at the Z-486, the old ones stand no chance) so I decided to go with the best possible handling.

Overall the car had an ease of driving that I wasn't expecting given its age. The setup gave the car the ability to follow all the intended lines with ease and rarely stepped out of balance (though obviously it will if you really want to :mischievous:). Another indicator of the setups quality is the fact that it managed to comfortably control and use the cars power; not overly tamed but made to be civil in a way of sorts. My final time was a 1'59.738 which might not be the fastest of my Mad Finntuners tests, but easily one of the most enjoyable.

So to end, congrats with the work done on this setup - the results of which are easy to see 👍
Thank you for this review! You know the rules. ;)

Ok, after a long time of lurking your thread, i'm finally going to review the NSX-R.

I decided to test the NSX-R on Tsukuba, whilst being a short circuit, i'm extremly confident on it so i feel that i can give a good review of the car. Im not very experienced with the use of sports tires however, so ultimately my times are going to suffer as a consequence. The first thing that struck me about this car is the breaking distances, it took me a good 3-4 laps to get used to it.
This left me wondering a bit, were the brakes so good or so bad? :dunce:

Despite the use of Sport tires i found the steering to be quite good, the car never showed a great deal of understeer. I say "great deal" because ofcourse if you push the car too much your going to hit the barrier :P. The gearing was spot on in my opinion, as i could full throttle out of corners without a hint of wheelspin and the acceleration out of corners was perfect, providing i didnt lose to much traction.
Racing tyres would have been just overkill for this car. That having been said, I drove it in the Tuning Car Grand Prix with R3 tyres (otherwise unchanged) and crushed the RUFs so badly that they're probably still looking for a dark corner to hide in. :P

Adding a spoiler would of helped as i think the added downforce through the corners would allow me to start accelerating out of the corner quicker, shaving off a couple of tenths off my time.
It was tried out when building the car. While it made the car marginally faster, it virtually destroyed the lively handling as the added grip took over a large part of the job of the suspension. The result was a car that didn't handle well enough to carry the MFT name.

My best time before i started to type was '58.899 but i reckon i could make it atleast '58.400 if i spent alot more time.

Thanks for the great tuning thread you've guys have made, keep it up 👍
You're welcome, we will. As the system works, you now have a right to ask for one tuned car from me. Anything in mind? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back