Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Review #3: AMG 190E 2.5 Evo III '91

Performance (Acceleration [Amount of wheelspin; Gearing]; Deceleration [Strength of the brakes]; Power delivery):

The car has not been fully tuned, but the parts added to it already increase the overall performance of the car. Given that the car has over 370 hp, the acceleration is good - which is not only being supported by the lower weight compared to the stock car, but also by the S3 tyres. The gearing is set nicely, and the car will be near its top speed after the start/finish straight on Grand Vally Speedway. The brakes are good and leave the driver with the chance of braking late. Power is available over a broad RPM range.

Balance (Suspension [Soft-/Stiffness; Camber values and their impact on the brakes and the wheelspin]; Brake balance; Over-/Understeer; Limited Slip Differential; Weight distribution):

The suspension is set nicely, as well. The car stays stable under braking, and there is no indication of the camber values being too high. The car will be neutral as long as the driver takes the correct line and does not go onto the throttle too early. If he does the latter he will soon be viewing the road ahead through the side window - the car oversteers. The oversteer is controllable at all times and in some cases it will improve the turn-in, which is good, anyway. The car will not understeer as long as the driver either applies throttle or brakes for a corner. At the beginning of my testing, I had problems to keep the car neutral, because I either braked too early or too late. As soon as I found the correct braking points, the car felt neutral, as described above.

Tyres (Durability; Road grip):

I have never found the tyres being overwhelmed by the forces, thus enough grip is always given.

Conclusion:

Although this car is not fully tuned (on the other hand, this may be the reason why), it handles very well. As soon as the driver gets used to it, it will show its positive side and will not attempt to hurt (or to be more precise, kill) him (as some other tunes from you, Greycap :D). I beat your lap time which is shown on the banner, although it can be improved by quite a few tenths, but given that this is an old tune, I can imagine that you can further improve it yourself. ;)

~ EDIT ~

Review #4: AMG SLR McLaren 700 Edition '03

Performance (Acceleration [Amount of wheelspin; Gearing]; Deceleration [Strength of the brakes]; Power delivery):

The stock car already has more than enough output power, but, with this tune, the car's performance is being brought to an even higher level. While I have been sceptical at the beginning, I have been even more happy to see that you provided a very nice tune for such a car. Such a car? Yes, it is still heavy, but that is not the only aspect of this car that has changed. The acceleration is phenomenal. I mean, what else could someone expect from a car with a power output of 700 horses? There is no wheelspin (despite the car being on S3 tyres), thanks to a tall gearing, which simultaneously matches the power of this car very well.

Balance (Suspension [Soft-/Stiffness; Camber values and their impact on the brakes and the wheelspin]; Brake balance; Over-/Understeer; Limited Slip Differential; Weight distribution):

At first glance, the spring rates may seem too high and they certainly have a huge impact on the car's balance, but they definitely do not hurt this car; the car is responsive and the steering is direct. The brake balance may look odd or dangerous, but it all has its meaning - the brakes are strong, and will not ruin the handling of the car - far from it! The understeer of the stock car is completely gone, thanks to a very well set suspension and limited slip differential.

Tyres (Durability; Road grip):

The car has enough grip and I found myself with an understeery car only when I applied the brakes too late, which has nothing to do with the car's front tyres not having enough grip, but rather with the fact that I overwhelmed them.

Conclusion:

What can I say? You transformed an overweight, understeery pig (I think that term fits quite well :P) into a powerful car with a lot of torque, which is still controllable - even on S3 tyres! I even tried it at the Nürburgring and did not find it as stiff as I expected it to be at the beginning. But this does not mean that I already got a completely clean lap.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I believe we're onto something big here... thanks for it!

The 190E, I was actually surprised when I saw how old setup it was. And yes, the lap time wouldn't have been the same if I had driven it in late 2010 but it's another interesting aspect of these old tunes, seeing the progress of not only the cars but the driver too. The car was maybe too stable and too torqueless (no idea if that's a word) but as it stands it's indeed far from a killer. Doesn't change the fact that I would have liked to make it one though. :P

The SLR, I have to say that review came out of nowhere as I thought I was only about to reply to the 190E when I arrived here a moment ago. Talk about a ninja edit. But it seems you liked it and I have to say it's one of my own all time favourites - not because it's a perfect car but because the improvements were so huge over the basic model which I had thought to be lost forever. It ended up being probably my best grand tourer and the starting point makes it all the more satisfying. I guess it takes a slightly nuts tuner to even consider such a land yacht but sometimes the results are worth the "poor man, he's lost his mind" looks from others.

Actually, we've got a lot more attention this time - in nine months we've gathered nearly 190.000 views while the old one has been here for four years and barely passed 340.000 views. It's not our fault that people just don't recognize quality tuning when they see it and go for quantity instead... and the fact that we have lives and hobbies outside GT5 seriously holds back the quantity.

Yea, but the difference is your 🤬 works. I can always count on you guys for a tune that'll work if I can't get a car handling on my own. But I will admit that in GT5, there have been a few times I've tried to look up a car that's not there yet! :sly:

But I will admit that in GT5, there have been a few times I've tried to look up a car that's not there yet! :sly:

Patience is a virtue, old buddy. :D Give us some time.. Also, PD still has to iron some things out.

I'm having some trouble here. I would to tune some of the cars you have to the specifications you say, but I don't know which cars they are! For instance, the Mister Black '97. What base car is that??

I'm having some trouble here. I would to tune some of the cars you have to the specifications you say, but I don't know which cars they are! For instance, the Mister Black '97. What base car is that??

There is a PDF list with all the cars that we have used. Mister Black '97 is MR2 G-limited '97.

Well, after watching the Senna documentary, I decided to do some racing of my own. Dusted off the ol' PS2, GT4 and the DFGT and spent a Sunday afternoon playing.

Long story short, I unlocked the Toyota Minolta 88C-V and went on to do the GTWC. The entire time I was driving the Minolta, I knew there was something missing on that car. I know it's not your thing, but could you make an effort in this case?

EDIT: I feel silly asking for this after reading through the thread. MFT has moved on, apparently. Farewell!
(I might be joining you soon in GT5 :D)

also Leo: still waiting on those 2 cars :P

Last edited:
Well, after watching the Senna documentary, I decided to do some racing of my own. Dusted off the ol' PS2, GT4 and the DFGT and spent a Sunday afternoon playing.

Long story short, I unlocked the Toyota Minolta 88C-V and went on to do the GTWC. The entire time I was driving the Minolta, I knew there was something missing on that car. I know it's not your thing, but could you make an effort in this case?

EDIT: I feel silly asking for this after reading through the thread. MFT has moved on, apparently. Farewell!
(I might be joining you soon in GT5 :D)

also Leo: still waiting on those 2 cars :P

You could've PM'd me about them.. and I no longer can deliver if they were GT4 cars since I've sold my PS2 and games for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back