RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

Thanks Leo.

Yea i think my tuning on el capitan has handicapped me. that track doesn't seem to indicate truly fast cars. It is a course that indicates a good driver/car combination. So many of the corners have a different trick to them to get the fastest line, usually not in the standard book of brake,turn,accelerate but more in the school of oversteer and trail braking. It's an odd course that promotes habits not usefull anyplace other then maybe trial mountain and costa de amalfi.

I'm going to look into learning a new course. maybe tuning cars different places for what they're good at, giving me a larger repetoir(sp?) of situations i can drive and tune for.

That's why I try tune my cars on El cap and recheck them on GVS.

It's just sad, we're up now for one and a half week and still "no review to be mentioned" (just to give Greycap a ;))

Just read Vince's last post and thought I'd just slip in with the fact I'm testing some cars right now!

I'll edit this with the reviews later on :P

Pyrelli

For some reason it seems like the transmission ratios for the Legacy in my game is different from the one in your game.

(I have the NGTC version) Maybe PAL and NGTC versions have different numbers?

Hmm...

Strange.

You ARE following procedure, correct?

First: Final to 5.500

now: auto set to 1

and then set ratios and final.

Ratios are [2.886/2.133/1.653/1.336/1.148/1.000]

Final of 3.080

Got it?

Hmm...

Strange.

You ARE following procedure, correct?

First: Final to 5.500

now: auto set to 1

and then set ratios and final.

Ratios are [2.886/2.133/1.653/1.336/1.148/1.000]

Final of 3.080

Got it?

K, I'll try it again.
EDIT: This car has been very stable. It really fits my style of aggressive driving. I still haven't finished testing, I will enter into a race soon, and truly test it out. I love the gearbox whine.

I used got done using "The Legacy" at Laguna Seca. This car had amazing handling as I steered it to 1st place on level 2 difficulty in the family cup. Again, the amount of grip (thanks to 4wd and the added downforce) was good. I beat an Audi Le mans Quattro, Pagani zonda c12s 7.3, Mercedes SLR Mclaren, W12 Nardo concept, and The Tommy Kaira ZZ11.

I ran a 3'08.603 and finished with a 7 second lead over the Le mans Quattro. This car fitted my aggresive style of driving. The only gripe is of all the money spent (I'm just thinking about the money that can be spent on the other cars instead of fully upgrading the Legacy) but this isn't real life.

9.0/ 10.0

DeltaTrain, Thank you very much for your review! Keep in mind you can now ask for:

So any of you are up to the task of being a (temporary) test driver for us?

Let's see if you guys can tame the beasts.;)

And keep in mind you may ask for something in return, a custom tailored car(more HP/setup for your favorite track/low budget tune, just give the specs.), a cool banner or a review of one of your cars!

Or just a full blown ride...

Delta, thanks!

I'm glad it worked out for you. I believe that a more relaxed driving style would suit it just as well, due to its stability and lack of a white-knuckle-death-grip inducing understeer or oversteer tendency.

RRV-R8.jpg

Facts:

641 HP
1264 Kg
0-60: 3.54 s
1/4 mile: 10.76 s

Parts:

Semi racing exhaust
Racing Brakes(optional)
BBC
FC Transmission
Triple plate clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon propeller Shaft
FC suspension
S3 tyres
Full Weight reduction
VCD

Settings:

BBC: 9/6
Susp: F/R
Springs: 9.0/11.5
Height: 88/88
Dampers: 4/5
Rebound: 6/6
Camber: 2.2/1.1
Toe: 0/0
Stabilizers: 3/4

VCD: 30
Transmission:
Auto: 10
Final 3.220
1st: 3.890
2nd: 2.575
3rd: 1.860
4th: 1.411
5th: 1.124
6th: 0.940

To compete with the Abt Audi R8, we made the RRV version of the R8. We took something good and made it even better.:)
The RRV Audi R8 is equipped with a 4.2 L V8 developing 641 hp (478 kW) @ 6800rpm, the same engine seen in the Audi RS4, but improved. This R8 has a dry weight of 1264 kg (2781 lb). Its suspension has been fine tuned for the El Capitain Race Track. It has a happy tail, so have fun!

Review: 98 Nissan 300zx 2 seater (Mean Machine)

Well I could tell this car wasn't meant to be the best of track cars, by having no LSD, and using street tires. But its meant to be a fun car to drive if you like to get a little tail happy. It has an aggressive demeanor to it, which can be ideal if you want to get into drifting.

7.0 / 10.0

And I'm sure that was hard...

It's not getting too serious at the moment, but as a general rule, try to avoid double-posts - there's simply no need to do it, bumping up your post count that way doesn't get you far ;)

DE

And now, my review for the Nismo GT-R.

As you said in MFT, we're couple of Skyline-nuts and we know our GT-R's from the front splitter to the exhaust pipe. And I have to say that I had my ominous doubts when I saw the settings, that this might not be as good as you want it to be. :guilty:

And let me clarify, I don't mean the suspension settings. While it is rather.. conservative, it does it's job. But I already saw the biggest culprit in the car, before I even drove it. :indiff:

And driving the car just confirmed my first impressions. Acceleration was tremendous, and if you shifted quickly enough while accelerating from standstill, you'll have wheelspin on fifth gear. :crazy: So power department was in perfect condition, where as the tyres were bit underrated for this kind of power. At the straight of GVS, I saw 275km/h on 7th gear, before I had to start braking and OH MY LORD! The rear end tried to get out of control, as if the car would be a Porsche instead of GT-R! After recovering from this, I continued the hot lap and even worse problem occurred: Understeer. :ill:

I had been expecting this, and I couldn't help but grit my teeths and hold my feet OFF the throttle in corners, doing my best to keep the car on the track and speed high.. I knew the culprit, and after making a disappointing lap of 1'59.xxx, I went to the pits and took out the VDC, restoring the original highly advanced ATTESA- ETS PRO that the car had. :sly:

And it was completely different animal. Understeer was gone, replaced by glorious, easily controlled 4wd powerslide in any corner you wanted it, and the cornering speeds improved drastically! when I stopped fooling around and tried a hot lap, result was crushing 1'54.xxx. Five seconds was gained just by leaving the VCD out. I guess we all learned something today.. sometimes, when you know that performance cars have just a slight compromise, it means that there simply isn't any other solution. And that's why Nissans advanced AWD systems shouldn't be tinkered with. 💡 👍

So, where as the suspension and rest of the car was near perfect, altering the drivetrain made the car slower. I'm sure that next time you know that VCD and LSD are big no-no in GT-R's. ;)

Dang, didn't realize the VCD would kill the ATTESA- ETS PRO too...:crazy:
I just thought the LSD would.:scared:
I'll review my own settings now, I think I can improve it now knowing I was doing a "nutjob" with the VCD...

Thanks for your review, you certainly taught me a thing or two about GT-R's. :)

R32
GT-R: The base model, the lightest, but also the one with the worst tyres and suspension. The lightest of all GT-R Skylines.
GT-R N1: A version aimed for track use, equipped with different turbos and other minor equipment changes.
GT-R V-Spec: A refined model with a bit more weight, larger wheels and better suspension, and higher power output.
GT-R V-SpecII: An even more refined model with slightly wider tyres than the V-Spec. The best one out of these.

R33
GT-R: Again the base model.
GT-R N1: A similarly track equipped one as the R33 N1.
GT-R V-Spec: A refined model featuring better suspension and a more sophisticated four wheel drive system. The best one out of these.
GT-R V-Spec LM Limited: Just a V-Spec built to celebrate the Le Mans success of the GT-R.

R34
GT-R: Again the base model. The drivetrain of the R33 V-Spec fitted as stock.
GT-R V-Spec: A similarly refined model as the R33 V-Spec.
GT-R V-SpecII: An even more sophisticated fast car, with technical improvements here and there.
GT-R V-Spec N1: A similarly track equipped car as the R32 & R33 N1, based on the V-SpecII.
GT-R V-SpecII Nür: A special version of the V-SpecII, featuring an N1 engine with better turbos and some interior changes. The best one out of these.
GT-R M-Spec: Something of a luxury GT-R, featuring a slightly softer suspension than the V-Spec and a leather interior. Technícally similar to the V-Spec.
GT-R M-Spec Nür: Like the V-SpecII Nür but built out of a M-Spec. The heaviest of all GT-R Skylines.

The Nismo models
GT-R S-Tune: The ultimate R32, it comes with a high revving engine and a very responsive handling. Based on the R32 GT-R V-SpecII.
400R: The ultimate R33, with loads of power in the lower revs but a bit asthmatic top end. Based on the R33 GT-R V-Spec.
GT-R R-Tune: The ultimate R34, pretty similar in style to the S-Tune but handles like the R34. Based on the R34 GT-R V-SpecII.

There you have it all. :sly:

Acura-RSX-TS-R-banner.jpg

Parts List
Sports Exhaust
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Stage 3 NA Tuning
Oil change
Stage 3 weight reduction
Wing
S3 Tires
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------8.0/6.5
Ride Height:-------110/115
Shock Bound:-----3/3
Shock Rebound:---1/3
Camber:----------2.0/1.8
Toe:--------------0/2
Stabilizers:--------3/5
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Transmission:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Final to 5.500, auto set to 1, then set ratios and final.
Ratios are [3.350/2.250/1.750/1.400/1.180/1.000]
Final of 3.080

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: 8/35/8

Downforce: 30/15

Brake balance: 7/3

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

Easily the best FWD I've built so far. Easy to drive, quick, and will make you question your sanity (as well as whether it's FWD). The power means it can light the tires up, but what happens when it does is very interesting.

Last edited:
Thanks for the car, Rotary Junkie will be reviewing shortly.

The Acura RSX TS-R, was one of the best geared cars I have ever driven. I used this car on Nurburbrig, I finished 3rd behind an NSX Type R, and a Skyline GT-R (R34). At the beginning of the race I was passing cars with speed despite being the only Front-driver in the field (The others was a STI spec c,EVO 7 Rs, and XKR coupe. The powerband from the stage 2 turbo was very smooth, it was actually one of my gripes in the beginning (Honda's are known more for having smooth powerband delivery since most of them N/A.) It was very easy getting out of the corners and this thing actually outpaced the R34 on the first lap on Nurburbrig. Of course on the 2nd lap, I paid the price by having a budget car and not using Racing tires. But this car stayed competitive on the 2nd lap, after it was first on the first lap.

This car gets a 9.0 / 10.0 from me. Thanks for filling out my request.

where's that promised Gekko Jr review? :sly: I'm starting to doubt that your little rotary noticed that street ports weren't enough against RB20DET, despite having weight advantage and few other advantages too and got scared.. ;)

You think I was running any more than 7 pounds of boost?

Shame on you.

Your RB20 shall die. How does Gekko manage to be slower accelerating at high speeds than my rotary? (Could be that I have 25 on rear downforce to your 30)

Actually, I noticed that my DRIVING SKILL was lacking. Running 1:53 at Grand Valley is shameful.

Gekko's review is on the way. All good things take time, do they not?

Latest Posts

Back