RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

My driving is not good enough to challenge you at all. *bows*

The car will get done within the next week. (As well as two others)

So the best I can hope for is a review, and a time comparison of both cars from you. Because there's no way IN HELL I can keep up with you.

HPA-New-Beetle-RSi.jpg

Facts:

Time: 2'28 +- around Suzuka
HP: 380
weight: 1287 kg
0-60: 4.1 s
1/4 mile: 12.203

Total cost: 185K Cr.

Parts:

sports exhaust
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polish
Chip
FC Transmission
Triple Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
Prop shaft
Stage 2 Turbo
RC intercooler
FC Suspension
S2(/S3 Tyres)
Diet Stage 2

Settings:

BBC: 6/8

Susp: F/R
Springs: 8.0/6.0
Height: 108/108
Bound: 4/3
Rebound: 5/5
Camber: 2.2/1.1
Toe: 0/0
Stabilisers: 4/3

Transmission:

Auto: 9
Final: 4.220
1st: 2.880
2nd: 2.020
3rd: 1.529
4th: 1.200
5th: 0.980
6th: 0.820

LSD: F/R
Int: 8/10
Acc: 25/30
Dec: 5/15

Driving Aids: All zero.

Did you ever feel something special for a VW? Probably not.
After this one, you will!
Just make sure no guy called 'Iketani' is sitting next to you, because this thing goes fast, really fast! You don't want a passed out dude sitting next to you, do you?

I was in an RX-8, no nitrous, and heavier.

1:36 for you. 1:35 for me.

Could be my poor driving and inability to break the tail loose well.

just throwing this out, in order to bring the interest up for our garage's, and also to give all of us tuners that hang out in said garage's something to do, who's interested in starting talks of a tuner challenge? there's alot to consider but i really want to match wits with mft, moee for learning then for any sort of "win" situation. honestly i'd like to try tuning the same car on the same tires, i really suspect you'll smoke me but i want to know WHY!

You'd have to find a Stig for that? Preferably one with a capture device, that could upload each video for comparisons. It would be nice to see two identical cars, that were tuned differently going around the track at the same time and be able to compare things like body roll, driftyness etc.

The problem here is that if MFT particpated at least you would be somewhat cutting into the little time that they do have, and that time is better served coming up with wonderfully tuned new MFT cars, than trying to satisfy a tuner challenge.

Besides aren't there entire sections of these boards devoted to lap time contests? Each and every one of those is a tuner challenge.

Like we did with the GT-R concept car? ;)

Hmmm.. it could be useful, but you have to take some small details in your calculations, like the fact that I and Greycap have completely different approach to cars: he likes to toss hir cars around, push it hard on the limits of adhesion and skill (often beyond the skill, look for Spirra), where as mine are aimed at extreme grip and easy to drive monsters that even newbies can drive fast without feeling fear for their dear lives. Thus, "the stig" should be adapting into the setups, driving the car with the style that suits the settings best. problem is that we need to find such person.:ouch:

changing reviews, hmm? well, I actually do have one FD from early 90's that I haven't published yet ( probably won't, it's my little secret weapon for having fun ). it has mere 370bhp and it's pretty much perfect for my driving style as it is. sure, it ain't fastest thing out there, but one of the most entertaining ones. let's have a closer look at this when the weekend is closer, ok?

GT-R proto was a tuner challenge? You could have told me that, you know.;)

Something tells me we should be doing this Pony Car Wars first, shouldn't we?

You ARE unbiased, aren't you? That's what we need for this.

Someone who will adapt to the car at hand, and drive it as hard as possible.

Yes, I called. :lol:

My Review of Vince's R8.

After taking it out for a spin at El Capitan I got an overall good feel from the car. It has adequate power. Coming up to the hairpin I liked how the car rotated into the corner under hard braking. But I didn't like that it understeered some under light braking and just tapping the brakes.

I noticed that when you jump on the gas you get immediate understeer, but if you stay on the gas it'll start to rotate a bit for you. So you have to be careful where you decide to get back on the throttle mid-turn. If you give it a slight flick (of the Scandinavian kind) and get off the throttle it'll give you nice 'lift-off' oversteer. You don't have to worry about spinning tires mid corner either, I'm not certain that's a plus though.

After testing it I reversed the BBC. I gave the front a setting of 6 and the back 9. Like this I still got the great rotation under hard braking, but I also was able to trail brake better. I didn't add anymore power to the car but I would try putting the race exhaust on, just to see how it reacts to it.

@Rotary Junkie and Rockit: Send me a setup that you'd like reviewed.👍

Mazdaspeed-RX-8.jpg

Parts List
Sports Exhaust
Supercharger
S3 Tires
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Suspension
Triple-plate clutch
Sports Flywheel
FC LSD

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------6.5/6.5
Ride Height:-------95/100
Shock Bound:-----5/5
Shock Rebound:---6/6
Camber:----------2.5/2.0
Toe:--------------0/0
Stabilizers:--------5/5
-----------------------------------------------------------------

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: 8/20/5

Brake Balance: 5/7

Downforce: None

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: Just a fun, relatively cheap car. Extremely good handling, almost too good, and the blown RENESIS provides smooth, tractable power. I feel that it performs well enough to challenge a few cars on R grade tires as it sits. Good luck!

Hey, Rotary Junkie, good work on the Abt ANNIHILATOR around the ring it is MUCH more controllable, especially through the little (I believe they're called) carousel bits.

No I don't have a time, I don't want to shame your car, I'm not very fast.

Latest Posts

Back