Hybrid in GT4 ^_^, save game & code in the 1st post

• Thread starter sucahyo
  • 1,161 comments
I have gameshark2 version 3 with GT4 NTSC version and I got all the codews from gameshark.com to work, but I can't understand why most of the codes that I try from what I've seen here so far are not working............I had such fantastic hybrids in GT3 and I can't wait to build some in GT4....F1 brakes, Nissan 390 stage 4 turbo, engine swaps.....that kinda stuff....help!!!!!!!!

I have gameshark2 version 3 with GT4 NTSC version and I got all the codews from gameshark.com to work, but I can't understand why most of the codes that I try from what I've seen here so far are not working............I had such fantastic hybrids in GT3 and I can't wait to build some in GT4....F1 brakes, Nissan 390 stage 4 turbo, engine swaps.....that kinda stuff....help!!!!!!!!

If you've tried codes from the last 3 pages they most likely will not work for you. We're calling it "NTSC 2", since there's only 2 of us with it that we know of.

None of the codes in the last 3 posts are gameshark that I know of. Are you using PCSX2 and PHAST? Or GS?

Ok. Here's a good update!

Added support for NTSC 2, NTSC, and PAL. All the text files are separated by folders now.

EDIT:

Having a bit of a problem. Codes that take 2+ lines of code to modify is kind of hectic. That's the disadvantage of having drop down menus...

Just learned the difference between these 2....

Code:
20A18950 = +0 +1 +2 +3
00A18950 = +0

That helps...

Me too. Probably a library missing that Visual Basic installed for me.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=17153

Try that. .NET framework is usually the problem.

How many files does it call for(specificly)?

I just got back from havin 2 wisdumb teeth pulled, tekno, the first program you posted looks sweet... I'm adding some codes in for the ntsc ver, it'll come in sooo handy when I'm doing Speed Drifter's method of hybridding (keeping all cars functional).

Thnx for the awd code, I was wondering how I'd implement it but does it include a cvd too or no? I remember in gt3, I would have to throw the lsd from the awd car so the settings would work good.

Anyways, back from the dentist... back to hybridding. I'll post up a save later with some hybrids (should work in ntsc).

PS. The prog worked fine for me (unless you did something diff. with the second version?), I'm running it in vista tho. I got the .net re-distributable packs a while ago so might be your issue.

-l8r

Finally it's done :crazy:

This zip file contains three files.
One of them is a .pif shortcut (for displaying memorycard's contents), copy it to the directory your mymc.exe is in and edit the shortcut's properties so the "Cmd line" points to the same directory where the shortcut and mymc.exe are in.

The other two are registration entries and you need to edit mymc1.reg with notepad to be compatible with your own computer:

My mymc.exe is located in "M:\\PS2\\mymc\\" but obviously your mymc won't be in the same location, so use the Replace command in notepad to change every filepath to match the one your mymc.exe is located in. Don't forget the double slashes! :D

Tell me if something doesn't work and seriously, we need a frontend for this app :lol:

Attachments

• mymc files.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 34
I believe that R43 drive is non-vcd if I recall. Just learned a VERY helpful method in my PHAST coding. the 00,10,20 at the begging of the address fixed alot of my problems. I'll be adding a spoiler, and settings area in the next build.

Once I get a few more parts options in the programs we can start compiling a list.

One of them is a .pif shortcut (for displaying memorycard's contents), copy it to the directory your mymc.exe is in and edit the shortcut's properties so the "Cmd line" points to the same directory where it's in.

The other two are registration entries and you need to edit mymc1.reg with notepad to get it work on your own system:

My mymc.exe is located in "M:\\PS2\\mymc\\", so use notepad's "replace" command to change every filepath to match the one your mymc.exe is located in, don't forget the double slashes :D

Tell me if something doesn't work and seriously, we need a frontend for this app :lol:

I think I get the general point of this. But I feel so lost... lol

I think I'll stick to working on this program and Death Scythe can test for ya ;)

Thnx for the awd code, I was wondering how I'd implement it but does it include a cvd too or no? I remember in gt3, I would have to throw the lsd from the awd car so the settings would work good.

Anyways, back from the dentist... back to hybridding. I'll post up a save later with some hybrids (should work in ntsc).

PS. The prog worked fine for me (unless you did something diff. with the second version?), I'm running it in vista tho. I got the .net re-distributable packs a while ago so might be your issue.

-l8r
It's the drivetrain code that has the VCD in it, meaning that every car you're able to buy a vcd controller has two drivetrain codes

I don't have .net installed yet so it probably is my issue :P

I think I get the general point of this. But I feel so lost... lol

I think I'll stick to working on this program and Death Scythe can test for ya ;)
Well don't sweat it, try it out only if you need to mess with memorycards :)

Those registry entries will make a long list full of options appear when you right-click on a .ps2 file:
add GT4 files to the card
create a GT4 save dir on the card
export GT4 save to a .max file
extract GT4 save files
import GT4 .max save into the card
list card's contents
remove GT4 save from the card

If you want to import a .max save to the card you need first to remove the save, then create the save directory and then import the save itself.

If you're adding files you don't need to remove anything, they will always overwrite the original contents. It's the same when extracting files, they will overwrite the ones already in mymc's folder

I believe that R43 drive is non-vcd if I recall. Just learned a VERY helpful method in my PHAST coding. the 00,10,20 at the begging of the address fixed alot of my problems. I'll be adding a spoiler, and settings area in the next build.

Once I get a few more parts options in the programs we can start compiling a list.

Should I write up a more detailed descriptions of the settings and other values? Or do you have enough time to figure them out yourself? :)

Damn, I'm triple posting already

Gotta go, I'm being pretty busy with real life issues these days (girlfriend, moving, finding a job) so my free time is severely limited :)

Should I write up a more detailed descriptions of the settings and other values? Or do you have enough time to figure them out yourself? :)

Damn, I'm triple posting already

So you're saying... If I apply an AWD drivetrain, with VCD. It won't matter unless I change the value that tells it I have a VCD rite? Like that list you sent me yesterday?

If you don't need to touch LSD in the settings screen you don't have to have VCD marked as equipped. As long as you have VCD drivetrain enabled the VCD settings sub-screen should work normally .. if I recall it correctly, I'm not 100% sure

But I gotta go, later ->

If you don't need to touch LSD in the settings screen you don't have to have VCD marked as equipped. As long as you have VCD drivetrain enabled the VCD settings sub-screen should work normally .. if I recall it correctly, I'm not 100% sure

But I gotta go, later ->

Ah, I got ya :)

I'll post an update for the program later probably. Superchargers, suspension heights etc.

One of them is a .pif shortcut (for displaying memorycard's contents), copy it to the directory your mymc.exe is in and edit the shortcut's properties so the "Cmd line" points to the same directory where it's in.

The other two are registration entries and you need to edit mymc1.reg with notepad to get it work on your own system:

My mymc.exe is located in "M:\\PS2\\mymc\\", so use notepad's "replace" command to change every filepath to match the one your mymc.exe is located in, don't forget the double slashes :D

I'll try this out n see how it works. So far, 3 complete hybrids and they all work!!! I think the awd works, testing out on a '91 prelude, the oil change guy crawled all the way to the back of the car, so the game thinks its awd. Can't set vcd tho, I'll work on that one later. Now to bring back my 4-rotor evo!!!

iirc, I think it was in the .xls, haven't gotten around to playing with that yet. Imagine the possibilities, one car, 3 different engine/chassis/drivetrain possibilities >=D

Exactly. I looked for it a little. But didn't read everything to see if it mentioned anything.

EDIT: I see "Setup B" in the XLS. Not sure. I'll try in a few probably.

Exactly. I looked for it a little. But didn't read everything to see if it mentioned anything.

EDIT: I see "Setup B" in the XLS. Not sure. I'll try in a few probably.

Kinda wierd, gonna wait for Speed Drifter on this one,

A18850 starts with the car's id, etc... maybe A18848 has "Setup A" header

I can't tell if A189C0 or A189C8 is for Setup B, or A189C8 is the car ID all over again?

A189D8 looks like body code
A189E0 body color (setup b)
A189E8 brakes...

wait a second, technically, we can then have one car in the garage, but 3 completely different cars depending on each setup? setup A (id + body for VW beatle w/ a Zonda v12 AWD setup) Setup B (id + body for BMW M3 w/ McLaren Engine) Setup C (id + body for Daihatsu dump truck w/ Escudo engine setup + AWD) lol, if I'm right then that would be insane!!!

Audi Quattro , Supersonic LM quattro
Setup A have 100,000 hp, 0.637 final drive. setup B have 25,000 hp and wing, 1.149 final drive. Setup C have 6500 hp and F1 tire, 1.661 final drive.

We can :)

There's a gamesave in the first post^

We can :)

There's a gamesave in the first post^

haha, nice... I should have a ntsc savegame for others to try out.

finished (functional, started over from scratch):

-'90 crx w/ K20a + 6-speed
-'91 prelude w/ Integra-R Race Car k20 + AWD code
-'95 lancer evo3 w/ 4-rotor (aka: "teh evilz")
-'83 ae86 w/ denso 4ag turbo
-'01 s2k w/ M5 swap + amuse gt1 chassis

-still on the list... (undriven as of yet)
-fd rx-7 (doing 4-rotor, awd, 7-speed, chassis, etc...) in memory of one of my fav. gt3 hybrids
-r34 gt-r (dunno what I'mma throw in here)
-nsx (gonna wait till a '92 nsx-r pops up, yeah I can hack it but I wanna buy one "original")
-Suzuki $#!%box (gonna play with multipliers and recreate "glitch")

haha, nice... I should have a ntsc savegame for others to try out.

finished (functional, started over from scratch):

-'90 crx w/ K20a + 6-speed
-'91 prelude w/ Integra-R Race Car k20 + AWD code
-'95 lancer evo3 w/ 4-rotor (aka: "teh evilz")
-'01 s2k w/ M5 swap + amuse gt1 chassis

-still on the list...
-NSX, R34, some more (trying to build a 10-hybrid garage w/ all cars functional).

Nice....

Ok, here's an update.

Added:

NA Tune
Supercharger
Ride Height
Spoiler

nice, one thing that bugs me... sometimes I see a code 10A12345 00000000
sometimes its 20A12345 00000000, is there a diff. btwn using a 20addr and 10addr for the phaste?
I've been doing 10A18888 for the engines, suspension, tranny, and other stuff and no problems so far.

nice, one thing that bugs me... sometimes I see a code 10A12345 00000000
sometimes its 20A12345 00000000, is there a diff. btwn using a 20addr and 10addr for the phaste?
I've been doing 10A18888 for the engines, suspension, tranny, and other stuff and no problems so far.

Yes. There's a critical difference.

Code:
20A18950 = +0 +1 +2 +3
10A18950 = +0 +1
00A18950 = +0

Example:
Code:
00A18950 ffffffff
Will only set the value of ff

Code:
10A18950 ffffffff
Will set the value of ff ff

Code:
20A18950 ffffffff
Will set the value of ff ff ff ff

Make sense?

So if you engine is
Code:
20A18888 000006AF
it will set AF 06 00 00

If it was
Code:
00A18888 000006AF
it would only set 00

Basically. That first # is used to position your code correctly without using 5 lines of addresses and variables to insert 1 part.

EDIT: According to Speed's XLS file. We're -6F8(hex) off from NTSC. Pretty easy to figure in Windows calculator.

I'll give it a wirl and have Speed give it a test if he's up for it :)

Yes. There's a critical difference.

Code:
20A18950 = +0 +1 +2 +3
10A18950 = +0 +1
00A18950 = +0

Example:
Code:
00A18950 ffffffff
Will only set the value of ff

Code:
10A18950 ffffffff
Will set the value of ff ff

Code:
20A18950 ffffffff
Will set the value of ff ff ff ff

Make sense?

So if you engine is
Code:
20A18888 000006AF
it will set AF 06 00 00

If it was
Code:
00A18888 000006AF
it would only set 00

Ok, maybe I didn't notice much of a difference because I've been using
10A18888 but only entering 4 bits of data (the FF FF), so I should be doing engines like: 20A18888 00000663, I'll make it a habbit, I enter them in
10A18888 663 (or 0663 sometimes), adnt it works that way also. Atleast now I know the difference, 20x the codes for 1 byte of data, 10x is for 4 bits (1/2 byte).

PS. We need to figure a way to get the wheel bases btwn cars, or is that the "cryptic" length measurement in gt4. I tried adding r34's drivetrain to a crx I had, and it gave it the wheelbase aswell!!!

Ok, maybe I didn't notice much of a difference because I've been using
10A18888 but only entering 4 bits of data (the FF FF), so I should be doing engines like: 20A18888 00000663, I'll make it a habbit, I enter them in
10A18888 663 (or 0663 sometimes), adnt it works that way also. Atleast now I know the difference, 20x the codes for 1 byte of data, 10x is for 4 bits (1/2 byte).

PS. We need to figure a way to get the wheel bases btwn cars, or is that the "cryptic" length measurement in gt4. I tried adding r34's drivetrain to a crx I had, and it gave it the wheelbase aswell!!!

The good part about the wheels in GT4 is the fact that the stock ones will show up in used. So we can buy a car > Buy new rims > Change car >Buy the rims we sold in the used area. That's a slow process but I think it's call we've got for now. I have a good visual update to the program coming.

EDIT: Here's the newest version. Pretty :dopey:

Ha, lol. That one lasted long.

Mixed the tranny and ride height. Added 5 and 2 MM ride heights :) + I made selction boxes bigger so it's easier to view the part.

The good part about the wheels in GT4 is the fact that the stock ones will show up in used. So we can buy a car > Buy new rims > Change car >Buy the rims we sold in the used area. That's a slow process but I think it's call we've got for now. I have a good visual update to the program coming.

EDIT: Here's the newest version. Pretty :dopey:

Actually, I was talking about wheelbase (like for changing chassis). The whole buying used wheels was (and is) one of my most fav. features of gt4

Back