Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nissan KPGC110 GT-R V-Spec '73

265 bhp, 276 Nm, 1007 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 3.0 / 3.5
Ride Height: 135 / 135
Bound: 2 / 6
Rebound: 4 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
Toe: 1 / -1
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 15

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.016
2nd: 2.168
3rd: 1.704
4th: 1.411
5th: 1.194
6th: 1.038
Final Gear: 3.500

Autoset 6

LSD
Initial: 30
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

The last model to carry the GT-R name for 16 years before the release of the R32, the Nissan KPGC110 was a car that should have been a lot but the oil crisis turned it to nothing. Only 197 examples were sold. Now one of them has got a new life, designated as V-Spec to honour the racing heritage the car was to have but that was taken away. The two litre straight six now churns out 265 wild horses at around 7500 rpm, and transfers its power to the rear wheels via a rebuilt racing style drivetrain. The original vehicle was already light to begin with but everything less than essential was dumped in favour of making the car lighter, reaching very close to the one ton mark - not bad for a car well over four metres long. When upgrading the suspension care was taken not to make it too stiff and modern, and the final product retains the spirit of the car pretty well. The exterior changes were held to a minimum, the most noticable thing being fitting specially made downsized examples of the rims fitted to the R32 V-Spec models. And the performance? Good enough to make the stock R34 V-SpecII Nür look like a grocery getter.

Reviews:

by stidriver
by Vander

Last edited:
The GT-R Concept is sick...

Blindingly fast, faster than 600hp should be. Feels like it's running R grade tires in the corners, but it can light the tires at will. The brakes.. Turn the insides of normal humans into a thin red paste they're so strong. My only complaint is that...

I have no complaints.

EDIT: Sorry for double, I was looking at the page that the tune's in when I typed this up.

Ruh-roh ree-roy..

This can't be good for one's opponents.

Wonder what kind of taillights they won't be able to see?

Toyota 2000GT-S '67

252 bhp, 275 Nm, 1019 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Oil Change
New Wheels (Jaguar E-Type)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 125 / 125
Bound: 2 / 4
Rebound: 3 / 6
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 6

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 4

LSD
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids

Toyota 2000GT is one of the most famous classic Toyotas in the world. After making an appearance in a James Bond movie, these beautifully sculpted coupes were practically torn from the dealerships, no matter the cost. But almost no-one knew that Toyota actually planned releasing more sportier model for racing enthusiasts called 2000GT-S, a one of a kind homologation special. Many parts were replaced with lighter or stronger ones, power was increased and weight reduced. Even the suspension was altered to deliver ultimate thrills for capable drivers. Sadly this car cost so much that Toyota never dared to put it into production, and recently sold it to a rich car enthusiast who brought it to us for restoration. Have fun!

Abt LeMans Quattro review

Braking:
The car has good braking. Under trail braking the rear end is a loose, but controllable and could be toned down some. In trail braking I was able to move the rear end of the car around what some steering input witch I liked.

Trans:
The gearing and final drive are good.

Suspension & diffs:
The car is good entering the turns off power after braking, but pushed otherwise. Adding power after entry and on the exit of the turns all you get is understeer. At full throttle it also understeers. On exit if you put a rear wheel off with the loose diff setup the car's rear will can around fast on you. Also the loose diff take make you have to be easy on adding the power to keep wheel spin down.

This the first time using is car and I'm not a fan after the driving it. Only the braking on this car was to my liking.

Suspension & diffs:
The car is good entering the turns off power after braking, but pushed otherwise. Adding power after entry and on the exit of the turns all you get is understeer. At full throttle it also understeers.
Too true. It IS a dog of a handler with those tyres, the way GT4 models 4WD handling doesn't give much of a chance to shine. Then again, using common sense, 700 bhp, S3 tyres and no downforce isn't quite the "floor it mid turn" combination. ;)

On exit if you put a rear wheel off with the loose diff setup the car's rear will can around fast on you. Also the loose diff take make you have to be easy on adding the power to keep wheel spin down.
Eh, don't put a wheel off? :sly:

And I know about the wheelspin problem, but even if I say it myself, it's still a huge improvement over the stock model. Now it doesn't spin one wheel in the fourth gear anymore... there were practically two options, give it stiffer differentials and lose the little manoeuvrability it has or accept some wheelspin and enable it to turn.

This the first time using is car and I'm not a fan after the driving it. Only the braking on this car was to my liking.

Have another go... with the stock model. I bet you'll see more good in my version then. Yes, it really is that bad. :lol:

But thanks for the review, any requests in mind?

nice cars again guys..........i knew that one opf you will reveal a Skyline *gg*.........i think i have some spare-time this week, so i possibly will test one of the new cars, or maybe both!

viper

Too true. It IS a dog of a handler with those tyres, the way GT4 models 4WD handling doesn't give much of a chance to shine. Then again, using common sense, 700 bhp, S3 tyres and no downforce isn't quite the "floor it mid turn" combination. ;)
I do take the S3+700hp+no downforce combo into account for the limitations it put on the car.

Eh, don't put a wheel off? :sly:
I know, but sometime going for the last 10th your just a bit off. Some cars and car set-up are more forgiving on this point.

Have another go... with the stock model. I bet you'll see more good in my version then. Yes, it really is that bad. :lol:
I just did try the LeMans using default diffs, brakes, and suspension setting. Bad is not the word I would use for it's handling.

But thanks for the review, any requests in mind?
I'm not tring to put out a bad review. I know you can only work with what the car has to offer. At least it had a good point.

I had started to drive the Mines' GT-R and The 73' GT-R. The review of them is coming.
Requests I'm looking around for a car at this time.

Have fun with the Mine's GT-R.

And from my point of view, the LeMans Quattro is a good car.. but even a divine setup can not wonders if the tyres can not transfer the power to the road, and 660+bhp is a wee bit too much for S3's, even with AWD. As long as you drive this car as it would be a 700bhp Ruf BTR without a wing and on S3's and quite open rear differential, you'll be fine. turn the car with brake( NOT E-brake!), not with throttle, and better results should start coming up.

Have fun with the Mine's GT-R.

And from my point of view, the LeMans Quattro is a good car.. but even a divine setup can not wonders if the tyres can not transfer the power to the road, and 660+bhp is a wee bit too much for S3's, even with AWD. As long as you drive this car as it would be a 700bhp Ruf BTR without a wing and on S3's and quite open rear differential, you'll be fine. turn the car with brake( NOT E-brake!), not with throttle, and better results should start coming up.
911's, I leaned to go fast growing up driving my dad's '73 2.7 Carrera RS at the track. It's was a bad day when the outside rear suspension failed on a high speed turn. Turning the car into a ball. The cage save my dad for getting hurt.

damn.. your old man is a lucky guy. Old 911's indeed did have quirky rear suspension.:nervous:

Well, what's happened here? here? here? Damn that echoing in an empty space...

Where have all the people gone? I don't get it. We're giving out tuned cars for free, but nobody wants them. Or then they just grab them and run, I don't know. Oh well.

Anyway, coming up one day in the near future, two big and heavy American road rippers. In the meantime, we surely would appreciate someone testing some of the past few cars.

if that would be so, then our visitor count wouldn't had crossed 30k marker and keep rising steadily.. :sly:

maybe it's a quiet time at the moment, we had some of them in the 300mph-Club in the past. i personally have not much spare-time for testing all of your wonderful cars (and believe me, i would test them all, if i had the time). but i think i'll give your two new cars a run this weekend...........

viper

maybe it's a quiet time at the moment, we had some of them in the 300mph-Club in the past. i personally have not much spare-time for testing all of your wonderful cars (and believe me, i would test them all, if i had the time). but i think i'll give your two new cars a run this weekend...........

viper

It's pretty much the same for me, I'm still waiting for a good chance to test some of the latest offerings but all my work has been catching up with me leaving me no time :indiff:; but hopefully all will be sorted soon.

Pyrelli

If you really want to let me decide, the classics would be very nice - both for you and for us! I understand that the KPGC110 is awfully difficult to find so if that's out of question, so be it, but the 2000GT-S deserves a bit more than it's getting at the moment and it can be bought as new. It's an entertaining drive. 👍

i have the old skyline, and for me as a skyline-fanboy, i have to test it..............the look of the old toyota reminds me a bit of some old ferraris *gg*

viper

Nissan KPGC110 GT-R V-spec review

Braking:
The car has good braking all around.

Trans:
The transmission gearing is good. I find the final drive gear is a little on the long side.

Suspension & diffs:
The car has good turn-in on entering the turns. Both the middle and the exit of the turns are also good. You can use the throttle to make the GTR oversteer if you need to witch I like a lot. At full throttle in high speed turns it has a little understeer. At GVS from T1 to the first tunnal the car has a little to much body roll causing some rear traction problems.

I had fun driving this older GT-R and liked it a lot. Very good:tup:

Nissan KPGC110 GT-R V-spec review

Braking:
The car has good braking all around.
Good to hear, the brake balance settings look pretty horrendous even to myself :ill: but they work! 👍

Trans:
The transmission gearing is good. I find the final drive gear is a little on the long side.
Again good to hear! The long final drive takes away some of the acceleration but it serves two purposes, the first being preventing excessive wheelspin at the lowest gears and the second being, well, top speed. A shorter ratio would have caused quite a lot of redlining on faster tracks so I tried to make a good compromise.

Suspension & diffs:
The car has good turn-in on entering the turns. Both the middle and the exit of the turns are also good. You can use the throttle to make the GTR oversteer if you need to witch I like a lot. At full throttle in high speed turns it has a little understeer. At GVS from T1 to the first tunnal the car has a little to much body roll causing some rear traction problems.

I had fun driving this older GT-R and liked it a lot. Very good:tup:
Even more "good to hear" things. The high speed understeer is a known thing, it could have been got rid of by adding a wing but that would have ruined the looks of the car so I decided to go with this approach. Also the body roll is a known thing, I wanted to keep the old school feeling and not to turn the car into a stiff racer.

Thanks for this review, have any ideas for a car to be tuned for you surfaced? :)

300Croozin'05

705 bhp, 998 Nm, 1596 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels ( BLING BLING! )

Suspension
Spring Rate: 10.0 / 7.0
Ride Height: 94 / 94
Bound: 4 / 5
Rebound: 5 / 6
Camber: 2.5 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 2

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.723
2nd: 2.547
3rd: 2.020
4th: 1.630
5th: 1.340
6th: 1.114
Final Gear: 2.500

Autoset 15

LSD
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 10

Driving Aids

One day we got a bit more peculiar customer, who arrived in a bone stock Chrysler 300C. I'm willing to bet that he had more bling on himself than whole 80's had, and he had a not so surprising request. " I wanna pimp mah wheels, man.. I wanna be noticed, and this time small wheels won't cut it. I got dough, and you gots tha skillz, so get workin'!"

We had difficulties to hide our grins, but we got on the work. First off, we ordered a set of huge, golden rims with about a gazillion spokes. The paintjob was redone with passionate, metallic red, and the suspension was replaced with lower, sportier custom items. We stripped out the interior as well, then replaced everything with carbonfiber replicas that were painted to resemble the texture of the leather. And finally, the engine arrived. It was nothing sophisticated like a V12, but a raw, roaring behemot straight from NASCAR. It churns out 705bhp and nearly 1000Nm of torque. In order to harness this power, we installed a racing gearbox and a limited slip differential. And just to be certain that the power reaches the tarmac, a set of fat racing slicks was applied on those shiny rims.

Mr.X didn't believe his eyes, nor his ears when he returned to get his car few days later. We took him for a spin, and all he could do was to laugh and clap his hands. I doubt that he will ever again miss the plane or concert when he's on board of 300Croozin.. Since its top speed is on the better side of 180mph.

If you really want to let me decide, the classics would be very nice - both for you and for us! I understand that the KPGC110 is awfully difficult to find so if that's out of question, so be it, but the 2000GT-S deserves a bit more than it's getting at the moment and it can be bought as new. It's an entertaining drive. 👍

I've got both cars, so I'll give both of them a couple of runs today and post reviews today or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back