Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, it's ok. I know that most of the descriptions don't tell the car model etc, so if someone feels lost, just PM us.

On the subject of getting to know the exact models of the cars, there is now a link to a downloadable Excel spreadsheet at the end of the first post. It'll naturally be updated as cars are added. 👍

Would it be possible for you guys to also convert that to a .pdf? I have a dislike for Microsoft Office stuff.

I wouldn't go with .pdf for various reasons. The first, and the most important, is that long lists are divided on several pages. It naturally doesn't matter if you want to print it but if you're looking at it online the pages get irritating. I want to keep it as a long single list. Furthermore, finding a truly good freeware program that can turn text into .pdf is quite hard to find.

If the Excel spreadsheet doesn't cut it, I'll consider making it a .htm table. That would fill the requirements, but be a bit harder to edit.

RUF BTR '86 "Blackbird"

Firstly, i took this car to Tsukuba, where i was pleasantly surprised, this car didn't have as much oversteer as i expected, it was just right, nothing like the Proto Motors Spirra which has way too much oversteer for my liking. The car handles corners very well, there was very little wheelspin and if any wheelspin did occur, it happened when i started accelerating out of a corner and was very easy to control. I learned very quickly that this car is not for small, twisty tracks (i know you said it already but i wanted to test it for myself) as its very easy to spin out, corners 3,4,5 on Tsukuba is a prime example, if you turn just a bit too hard, you'll spin out on the next corner. Also, you have to be very careful not to get a wheel off the track as if you do, your doomed, something i learnt alot :P. However with some careful driving this car is deadly, i got a time of 0'51.154 on Tsukuba on my first attempt! (it wasn't till later i started discovering faults). The brake balance was just right. One thing i noticed when driving the car stock was that it took forever to stop. You definitly made the right choice in the rear brakes being stronger than the front (i normally set my brakes to 5,3) as having the brakes as 9,7 makes the car quite difficult to control whilst going into corners, as mentioned above, oversteer normally happens towards the end of a corner but with the front brakes stronger, oversteer is there throughout the corner.

One thing i found out on Fuji Speedway 90's is that the car doesnt like hard braking from high speeds whilst turning, this causes it to spin out.

Overall

:tup:embarrassed:versteer is very controllable
:tup:Acceleration is impressive
:tup:Handles great once youve gotten used to it
:tdown:Doesnt like multiple corners in succession
:tdown:Impossible to recover from if you put a wheel off the track
:tdown:Makes my other cars feel slow :P

P.s Please excuse the poor grammar as this was written in a rush. Also if you feel you want me to explain more on some points or find out more things, ill be happy to answer

Thank you for you in-depth review of the notorious Blackbird! it used to be more lethal, but after customers started complaining how dead they were, I made it bit more friendly. It's still an axe-murderer if you try to do something it doesn't like as you noticed.

so, feel free to ask for settings for any car within the limits that have been mentioned on 1st post and 11th post..👍

KlumzyPinoy, you'll get your request car tonight. be prepared, it's a pile of giggles in corners..:sly::dopey:

Could you possibly create a Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Version IV '97 with 300 - 470bhp that is suited to Costa di Amalfi and is like a japanese BTR Blackbird?? :P

I'll take a look to it. While waiting, you could actually try out the Frost's settings with less power, which is based on the Coupe R. I'm not sure if it'll work for 4th gen Impreza though..

Frost's settings shouldn't be bad. Only real difference is going to be power and weight balance. (The 97 is on the same chassis as the 99)

that's true.. Yeah, IV should be just fine with VI's settings. But, it's all up to the customer. if he wants a specific setup for the IV, I'll do it.

RUF R-GT '00

442 bhp, 426 Nm, 1130 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.0 / 7.5
Ride Height: 95 / 105
Bound: 3 / 8
Rebound: 6 / 6
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: -1 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 6

Brake Controller
Brakes: 10 / 15

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.050
2nd: 2.075
3rd: 1.590
4th: 1.267
5th: 1.053
6th: 0.898
Final Gear: 3.700

Autoset 13

LSD
Initial: 25
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

While the RUF RGT is quite a lot quicker than the Porsche 911 it was built from, it still needs some work to turn it to a trackday special - something we've done here. As a beginning the car was lightened by 200 kg which helps the performance at every area. To make it move at a bit faster rate between corners the engine power was increased by installing a racing exhaust, tweaking the ECU and machining the internal parts of the engine for smaller tolerances. On the other side, the brakes were upgraded to give it a chance of stopping before the next corner. The long ratio gearbox gave way to a swiftly shifting racing unit and an adjustable limited slip differential was fitted. The suspension wasn't left alone either, now it's entirely customizable for the driver's needs. Named as R-GT to make the race orientedness stand out a bit more, the car still retains the familiar handling of the rear engined 911 family so don't get caught while turning under braking at high speeds!

Reviews:

by EA11R
by viperpilot

Last edited:
I hope it does!

Technical update: The opening post now holds a link to a .pdf file listing all the cars we're released this far, and the names for them. The list made by me, converted into .pdf by Pyrelli. Thanks for the helping hand!

I hope it does!

Technical update: The opening post now holds a link to a .pdf file listing all the cars we're released this far, and the names for them. The list made by me, converted into .pdf by Pyrelli. Thanks for the helping hand!

No problem and you have my word I'll keep up with all the updates ;)

Pyrelli

Thanks Pyrelli!

And Grey/Viper: The RGT is based on the 911 GT3.

In truth, the RGT stock isn't much quicker than a stock 996 GT3. But it's made to corner even better, and is lighter. So it IS much better. Now it's the best, eh? I love the RGT stock. It's always nice to kick the tail and KNOW you can bring it back at any time by matting the gas.

Ah Greycap, it seems you're running out of spoilers to equip. Personally, I think it's commendable to make a high-power car on S3's without wing. The car is forced to get around a corner quickly, with only pure suspension wizardry. The car always ends up too grippy, when put on R Tires, to be used in GT Mode and actually have competition. And wings just... interrupt the car's visual balance, almost like a ricer tossing a GT wing--backwards, for good measure--on his otherwise stock Toyota Tercel.

I hope the Audi and RUF are a sign of a new tuning philosophy, emphasizing suspension setup over superglue tires and enormous wings.

Don't misunderstand, MFT's other cars are well set-up and fun, but seem a bit... overcooked. Maybe I'm just minimalist with these things...

Ah Greycap, it seems you're running out of spoilers to equip. Personally, I think it's commendable to make a high-power car on S3's without wing. The car is forced to get around a corner quickly, with only pure suspension wizardry. The car always ends up too grippy, when put on R Tires, to be used in GT Mode and actually have competition. And wings just... interrupt the car's visual balance, almost like a ricer tossing a GT wing--backwards, for good measure--on his otherwise stock Toyota Tercel.

I hope the Audi and RUF are a sign of a new tuning philosophy, emphasizing suspension setup over superglue tires and enormous wings.

Don't misunderstand, MFT's other cars are well set-up and fun, but seem a bit... overcooked. Maybe I'm just minimalist with these things...

So R tyres are too grippy, try diving a Fully done Supra RZ on R5s and get nothing but wheelspin in 1st,2nd and sometimes 3rd unless on minimal throttle. High power cars sometimes simply need better tyres, well nearly always.

So R tyres are too grippy, try diving a Fully done Supra RZ on R5s and get nothing but wheelspin in 1st,2nd and sometimes 3rd unless on minimal throttle. High power cars sometimes simply need better tyres, well nearly always.

you have heard of tranny trick, haven't you? that way it can grip even on R3's with full power.. but it's still a challenge, even with 501bhp.

we've been aiming towards smaller power and suspension-oriented grip with the few last cars, that have enough good base handling characteristics to start with. True, in some cars wing just ruins the looks totally.. but what wouldn't you do in order to shave some time from your lap?

I have RX-7 and M3, both on S3's and no wing. RX-7 is for sideways nirvana, whereas M3 is straight line bulletcar, that somehow manages to turn after straights.. in a very convincing manner I might add! :sly: as long as you don't get too brave with late braking that is.. :scared::dopey:

We both have made our fastest laptime monsters, so now we probably will aim more for handling.. atleast I will, we all know how easy and relaxing Greycap's creations are :scared:

IIRC, the RGT can't get a wing, nor can the Audi.
Quite true, but they can, and didn't, get R Tires.:sly:

You missed the important bit:
The car always ends up too grippy, when put on R Tires, to be used in GT Mode and actually have competition.
I want competition, not 700hp from a production car. Also, is it a coincidence that you're using one of the most famously wheelspinning cars in the game as an example?

Probably is a coincidence, so what kind of competition you looking for? Is it race cars or other road cars eg tuning car cup. But I know what yo mean, I wasn't having a go at you. If you are up against race cars I still feel you'd need R tyres to last the distance, as for mods, sometimes your money just jumps out your pocket- hmm yes I'll take all of it. Making cars on S tyres is like making your own road legal production car right, great fun.
The tranny trick was mentioned and no, I don't know what that is sorry.

where is your new car Leo? Greycap posted the RUF, so where is your car? i'm going to try the RUF maybe today and if not, then tomorrow!

viper

Audi TT-S '03

431 bhp, 529 Nm, 1261 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA tuning stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Variable Centre Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (Bentley Speed 8)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.0 / 5.0
Ride Height: 125 / 130
Bound: 4 / 6
Rebound: 6 / 4
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 1 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 3

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.541
2nd: 1.768
3rd: 1.388
4th: 1.129
5th: 0.932
6th: 0.775
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 55/30
Acceleration: 30/10
Deceleration: 10/5

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 10

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 25

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

First, there was an Audi TT 1.8T. Then there was Audi TT 1.8T Quattro. Last and the best option was an Audi TT 3.2 Quattro, and it's rare, performance-oriented brethren, Such as TT-S.

What on earth is that? Well, basically it is TT 3.2 Quattro on steroids. This limited edition of TT has engines honed by Lamborghini, and chassis and suspension refined by such well known firms as ABT and Koni, resulting over 430 AWHP, 500+nm of torque and handling that isn't far behind of the DTM-machinery.

Remember though, it's a big engine in the nose of the car, mounted in typical Audi-style in front of the headlights, so under braking the rear-end might get light, and despite legendary Quattro AWD-system, traction can be lost momentarily. Have fun!

For a while now, I have quietly found a lot of the cars I found here to be very... lackluster, and I think I've found out why: my former testing track (Infineon) for some reason causes terminal understeer in all cars that enter it: The Bluebird practically drove itself (Just recently found out that's it's actually a frightening little French murderess), and the FR Celica, the NSX-R, the Trueno Shigeno, all just understeered to no end. I never bothered selling the Trueno, and just recently decided to dust it off to see if handbraking would help its understeer issue, and ran off to Suzuka with it. Before I could even get comfortable enough to use the emergency brake, I noticed that it actually loved to oversteer on entry and regain grip just before the exit (Swell, by the way!), way different from the behaviour on Infineon. I'm not promising full-on reviews, but I may say a few good things about some cars that I've quietly disliked in the past. Come to think of it, I should take the Le Mans somewhere else too. Maybe it's not as useless as I think in technical courses.

While I'm on the subject of quietness, there's one test that I usually perform on the tuned cars here, in the dark and privacy of the night: the 'worse tires' test, in which I basically just find out the worst tires I can equip on cars and still have them...work. The MR2 works brilliantly (as expected of a brilliant, lowish power, lightweight tune) as a drifter on N Tires, as do others, but one car ecspecially stood out in this test: The Bluebird.

On R Tires, I had to be really careful about weight transfer and gentle driving, but when equipped with S Tires, the car hardly slows down at all, and calms down considerably to become very pleasing, indeed. It even works as a remarkably rapid drifter on N Tires, if you're used to using the brakes and feint motion in unison. It's just the car's featherweightedness helping it out, but the result is awesome: A very, very fast car works wonderfully, controllably, and is quite balanced, even on N3's. By comparison, that Nismo Skyline I tried out earlier fell apart around S1/S2 Territory, undoubtedly a function of tankish weight, but the weakness remains: I can't detune it for normal racing.

Whatever, just some thoughts I had. I can't wait to be able to play GT4 again tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back