RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

:lol:

The TT-R was done due to necessity. I hated the way the stock setup had it cornering, so I did a bit of tweaking. Now the only thing that holds me back is the engine sound putting me to sleep.

Actually, it was mostly finished at Opera Paris, only minor tweaks for other tracks afterwards.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2834960&postcount=1153

Hey Rotary Junkie, you've been the nicest to me here on GTP I was wondering if you could have a look at this car and tell me what you think, I spent about 500 miles testing to get this setup. Drive the stocker and modified default first so you know what I'm working with Please. (I think I worked miracles.)

(If you don't want this car posted here just ask and I'll remove it.)

I like it a lot how it is but wondering if anyone else will.

Ok, time for a full review of the Audi Abt ANNIHILATOR race car By Rotary Junkie.

First thing, I have been racing the default version of this car for many many many miles so I am very well acquainted with it.

The very first thing you'll notice is that the car does not feel as sharp, and at first this feels weird. It took me a few laps but I realized that what I had come to view as sharpness was actually the car spazzing out in the direction I turned!

As I kept lapping Mid-Field I realized that now I could clip the apex rumble strips (gaining about a fender worth of advantage!) without fear of upsetting the car! Also I have a bad habit of overcooking corners when I feel pressed, leading to me having to apply brakes mid corner. :scared: In this situation the stocker unsettles, plows, digs, unsettles, goes. Leaving those nice little "OMG does this wheel even affect the car at all?!?!" moments. The Annihilator has no such issues. The action causes only the briefest and most barely perceptible hint of understeer (You have to look for it, hard.) and then the car is back on the line. When I used the setup I was used to (Stage 4 turbo) I cut a ludicrous (for me) 1'07" on Midfield w/o nos.

Then I took it to the 'Ring, which I am patently horrible at. :scared: Much to my surprise this car had actually become drivable on the uneven surface of the 'Ring. Before it was a nightmare, skipping across the top and seeming to hover above the track surface. Now, despite the car being MUCH MUCH better (especially at coping with my less Stig-ly moments) I was unable to cut a clean lap (unsurprising for me :dopey: ) but for the record I spent about 50% LESS time on the grass.

I can't really say anything bad about it except for the requisite adjustment period, which isn't much to speak of.

Sir, after a review like that, I will be more than glad to give one back.

Very good to hear that the car can handle full power as well.

While I don't have too much of a problem with the 2KGT being here, I'd prefer you turned it into a link. 👍

for your interest, here are our newest models:

Rockit

Rotary

Vince

For further notice, a full blood 350Z D-spec, a turbocharged monster from france and many more are coming up!

350Z-banner.jpg

Facts:

Model: Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) '05 (Yellow)
it's:
a. very stable.
b. fun to play around with.
c. a good car to improve your drift technique with.

333 HP
1224 Kg
0-60: Not to be mentioned

Parts:

Brake Balance Controller
Engine Balancing
Port Polish
Chip
FC Transmission
Triple Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
Propeller shaft
FC Suspension
N2 Tyres
Diet Stage 3
Good driver
Wheels(PD0218)

Settings:

BBC: 3/9

Susp: F/R
Springs: 11.0/12.5
Height: 92/92
Bound: 3/4
Rebound: 5/7
Camber: 2.2/0.0
Toe: 0/0
Stabilisers: 3/4

Transmission:

Auto: 9
Final: 3.800
1st: 3.253
2nd: 2.215
3rd: 1.647
4th: 1.265
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.865

LSD:
Int: 10
Acc: 42
Dec: 17

Driving Aids: All zero.

If you've ever seen a drift oriented series like Initial D or the (crappy) movie called The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift, your hart should higher it's "RPM" by now.
This car and a empty circuit/mountain pass is all you need, have fun!

In action pics:

Vince: When I click on the 350Z's picture in the original post, I get sent to the Audi Le Mans tune.

Rotary Junkie: I tested your 787B, and it is very nice indeed. The tire downgrade is just groovy, and a nice departure from what I'm seeing a lot elsewhere (300hp FFs with R3s and wings. Excessive?). The car did corner a beat quicker than it did without your tune, without being uncontrollable. The braking, however, suprised me: I don't know how you got it to happen, but you actually got a Le Mans racecar to oversteer--without wheelspin. I ended up in the kitty litter the first time I tried, but never again. Also, I love the gear ratio spacings. First gear is actually very accesible, impressive for a racecar, or, indeed, any car. Second gear is more of the same, then the rest of the gears from there on provide improved acceleration where there is none: high speed. Good job staying away from the turbo, and taking advantage of the resulting wide powerband.

I like it ^_^

Thanks!

Now you can request a car, request a specialized retune of a car, or get a review of your own, so: Whaddya want?

I don't really need a tune right now, so I won't waste my request.

Also, I've just figured out how to best state why I like your 787B so much: It feels like an actual... car. It seems that all the very fast racecars are slot cars without suspension at all. The suspension is so rigid, I'd consider tossing it off of the car and just building it out of steel for a more supple, interesting drive. I love the weight transfer of the car, it makes it feel interesting, as opposed to a soulless rocket, as it seems all race cars end up as.

I've just noticed how, in the first page, your introduction characterizes the loose cannon of the place as a maker of controllable vehicles. Funny!

I have a feeling that he's trying to say that the RX-7 is your drug, you get high by just driving it. Or then I'm totally wrong on this.

Buntas-impreza.jpg

Base car: Subaru Impreza WRX STi Coupé VI '99/Sedan V '98

Facts:

specifications
289/340 HP @ 6.5k RPM
362/415 Nm @ 4k RPM
1079 kg
3.7/3.1 kg/HP

speed
0-60 in 5.040/4.200 s
1/4 mile in 13.121/12.362 s

The new Caddilac XLR-V goes 0-60 in 4.7 s

Parts:

Racing Exhaust*
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Engine Balancing*
Port Polish*
Chip*
Triple Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
Propeller shaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rigidity Refresh

* = optional, if you like some extra punch.

Settings:

BBC: 8/9

Susp: F/R
Springs: 5.6/6.0
Height: 120/120
Bound: 5/6
Rebound: 7/7
Camber: 2.2/1.1
Toe: 0/0
Stabilisers: 4/4

LSD: F/R
Int: 10/10
Acc: 24/35
Dec: 5/15

For Citta d'Aria:

LSD: F/R
Int: 11/10
Acc: 20/32
Dec: 5/10

Driving Aids: All zero.

If you think Impreza, you think WRC, power sliding corners on crappy dirt roads at insane speeds. Well this car has been set up for Suzuka, but it's still able to do those tricks. It's just, do you think you're up to the task?

:odd: You used sedan for Bunta Impreza? Also, it seems that you should drop the power a bit; Bunta doesn't upgrade his engine! Maybe exhaust for a nice musical drive, but that's all. Finally: What version (I-VI) Impreza did you use?

:odd: You used sedan for Bunta Impreza? Also, it seems that you should drop the power a bit; Bunta doesn't upgrade his engine! Maybe exhaust for a nice musical drive, but that's all. Finally: What version (I-VI) Impreza did you use?

Well, my idea was Buntas Impreza but a bit improved. Say this is the car Bunta drives when he wants to put the limits further.
This could be featured in Initial D Fifth Stage, but it could be the Twenty-sixth Stage too. I'm sorry, I'm not that good at future telling.
What's so wrong about a sedan? I knew it had to be a coupé, but for some reason you can only get a VI coupé in the game..

A little quote here:

:dopey: Just another list as the Fourth Stage progresses:

Bunta -- Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Version V (the right version but a sedan)
.............Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX type R STi Version VI (a coupe but the next version)

The conclusion I took from this was that the coupe ver V isn't in the game, so I chose the sedan. Coupés are often sporty variants of sedan, so it doesn't mean the end of the world to me to be honest.

I looked here and here for my information.

Now you're here, would you mind taking it for a spin?

Ummmm...

I don't actually have the car, very sorry. Either way though, I think that the change from Version V to Version VI was very little more than cosmetic. I think it got a slightly improved torque curve, a new front bumper, and a new spoiler. Certainly, the change from 5-6 is much less than the change from coupe to sedan; the lengthened wheelbase and the higher weight of the sedan just won't do.

If nothing else, the 6 coupe is better to drive than the 5 sedan, and I just can't buy a 5 sedan knowing that.

Okay, I see your point.

If you want, I could redo the settings with a VI coupé, undersigned with your name as special request. Just give me the specs and here I go! ;) (I understand no power upgrades, anything else?)

I'd say S Tires, a constant cornering attitude of slight oversteer, Stage 3 Weight Reduction, and, of course, no wing.

Review: Vince’s Shelby Mustang G.T. 350R '65
Stock time: Laguna Seca 1'33.285 (on R3 Tires)
Tuned time: Laguna Seca: 1'27.225
Tuned time: Infineon: 1'33.980

When I saw this car on Vince’s list, I knew I had to review it. I am particularly fond of the Shelby Mustangs after helping my neighbor build a 600hp ‘67 GT500.

Well, onto the review. I had a lot of fun racing the GT 350 around Laguna Seca. It retains that muscle car feeling, without all the slop. Turn in is very good, and mid corner rotation is amazing. There is a slight tendency towards oversteer, which works well for my driving style. But by no means is the car hard to control. Grip up to the limit and past is predictable, and once past the limit it is easy to bring the 350 back in check. It was insanely easy to push the GT 350 around the track, I cut my best time only 3 laps into playing with the car at Laguna. The only understeer I encountered was while braking, which could be easily remedied by playing some more with the brake balance controller.

Vince’s GT 350 is an all around fun car, and a 6 second improvement over stock on the same tires is pretty amazing

Rating 9/10

Review: Vince's 350Z D-Spec

After driving Vince’s Shelby I was very disappointed in this car. The 350Z tends towards understeer at the limit, which is definitely not very desirable in a drift car. This does however allow the car to live up to the stability claim. I know using N2 tires certainly does not help in the understeer department, so maybe a combination of N3 fronts and N2 rears would help. Another suggestion would be to play with the toe in and toe out settings. Also, I like to do something unorthodox and nearly max out rear camber on my drift cars, so that even under hard cornering, there is little tire actually touching the pavement to gain traction. Its kind of weird but works very well.

While drifting is possible, it was rather hard to initiate a good, high angle slide. I wound up using the Scandinavian flick to initiate most of my drifts. Once in the drift, the car was pretty controllable. It did not dart around from once side of the track to the other. If you try holding a drift through a long corner, you will notice that the car is somewhat underpowered. I resorted to downshifting through long corners, but 40-50 more horsepower on this car could help tremendously.

This car may be a good starting place for someone who has never tried to drift before, but, in my opinion, it would be frustrating for someone with some developed skill at it.

Rating 4/10

If after an unfavorable review you still want to take requests from me, I would either like a M3 GTR road car tune, or a Chevelle SS 454 tune. Take care!

Uh.. Le mans Quattro and Mine's GT-R were created just to compare our tuning methods, nothing more. Atleast Mine's was, since it's using same parts and specifications as yours. There's no need to start accusing others like that.

Back