Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My impressions on the Clio:

Well... It's a front drive, so I expect some understeer on-throttle, as well as a bit of oversteer off throttle.

Anyhow, the car... I'm sorry, but it's just a bog-standard FWD. Lots of push on throttle, very little off-throttle oversteer (not enough, anyways), it's just...

Bleh. It's missing out bigtime on the fun-to-drive factor, and it's not especially quick either.

Sorry man, it's just not my cup of tea.

You need a tune to beat a Sauber?? What, got distracted there for a second. No they said it would be a lower horsepower vehicle that breaks their rule so I'm guessing some JGTC cars from the lower power class as they are underdone by anyone and might be more interesting to people, cars like the Wedsport Celica and ASL Garaiya and Toyota MR2 Autobacs.👍

Ha...all I hear is that Saubers are amazing. So I went and raced it with my R8. Killed it...

As far as the racecars go, Greycap mentioned a potential entry in the proposed classic racers division of the (still in conception) classic challenge of a Stratos Rally Car... maybe we'll see that monster debut wrapped in tinsel come Christmas morning! I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1600GSR Rally special either.

I'm sure it will be something interesting that no one has ever really tried. He said I was close before so maybe it's older, Honda S800 anyone?

ooh, you guys are getting close.. but actually, overshot by few decades, I think. :dopey: and the guessing continues..:lol:

So it's newer than an S800 and older than the current JGTC cars? Is it an A9X Torana race car, no wait it can't be that, ummmm, was it the Honda Civic race car like I think someone said? Maybe a Corvette C2 racer but then that's too powerful to fit the criteria. AMG Mercedes 190E Touring car.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Group A '97

303 bhp, 514 Nm, 1230 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
R3 Tyres
Oil Change

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 135 / 145
Bound: 3 / 6
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / -1
Stabilizers: 3 / 6

Brake Controller
Brakes: 6 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.180
2nd: 1.542
3rd: 1.211
4th: 0.990
5th: 0.835
6th: 0.716
Final Gear: 4.500

Autoset 9

LSD
Initial: 10 / 30
Acceleration: 20 / 5
Deceleration: 5 / 5

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 30

Downforce
Amount: 13 / 18

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

In my opinion the best looking Lancer Evolution ever and the one with the most dramatic end of season, the Evo IV has that "something" that the newer models never got. Maybe it's the looks, maybe it's the colour scheme, I don't know. It just appeals to me more than any of the others. I've completed the visuals with correct drivers' names on the rear windows and the correct licence plates.

Then the setup. Keeping with the Group A regulations the power is still unchanged with the exception of an oil change, resulting in a realistic 303 bhp. The tyres were swapped for stickier medium compound ones to ensure firm grip under most situations. The actual setup is an odd one, feeling maybe a bit less responsive than the default setup but the clock doesn't lie - on twisty sections it pulls away thanks to higher cornering limits. Lift off oversteer is more usable thanks to easier controllability but due to the low power levels it should be used with wisdom, getting the car sideways with these tyres ensures a rapid deceleration. It should be considered more as an alternative for the original setup than a miraculous one that solves all problems, there were no real problems to begin with. It hasn't been tested under actual rally conditions but I expect it to do reasonably well there too - for softer, more rally oriented suspension settings feel free to try out the ones from my road going Evo IV. They will work.

Merry Christmas from the graphics department and the time trial section of MFT!
santahat.png

wow, nice christmas-present! thank you guys from MFT for this and all the other presents over the year! keep up the wonderful work! 👍

viper

Subaru Impreza WRC'99 (R.Burns/R.Reid)

319 bhp, 494 Nm, 1230 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
R3 Tyres
Oil Change

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 140 / 150
Bound: 4 / 4
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 1.5 / 2.5
Toe: 1 / -2
Stabilizers: 4 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 3

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.410
2nd: 1.467
3rd: 1.130
4th: 0.906
5th: 0.755
6th: 0.641
Final Gear: 4.500

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 10/30
Acceleration: 20/5
Deceleration: 5/5

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 30

Downforce
Amount: 13 / 18

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

This is a tarmac setup.

Rest In Peace, Richard Burns. You shall not be forgotten.

Sorry for doublepost already, but I have an announcement about our next theme. As You visitors might, or might not have noticed, our recent theme was making relatively high-powered 4WD's with sports tyres and no wing, tuned for handling. That theme will continue, but this time we will use various sedans ( maybe even wagons) as base. For example, I already have 1 modern heavyweight brute with V8, forced induction and it's bit shy of 600bhp and 850ish Nm of torque.. And all this still with sport tyres and no wing! :scared: I believe that I'll release this monster around new year, maybe just a bit later. Also, expect more exotic machinery.

hey i herd that Aussie Tuners has a V8 coming out around then too...and it has around 526 hp, on sports tires and no wing as well

Care for a little competition then, I heard that AT's is RWD so you may win thanks to traction but then we have less understeer probably, so what do you say? A little garage showdown between our new cars that've been just mentioned.

I'll need to talk with Rene about that. My car is RWD as well, so there probably isn't a traction advantage, unless I start on second gear as I usually do with that car.. and it already pulls low 2'01:s at GVS.:crazy: it's surprisingly agile for what it is.

RWD???? I thought you said the AWD theme would continue, oh well never mind. If we only go by speed which is the way it would be done I think we would beat you with those lap times, if you get better than that though it may be very close. Game on?

Edit: Who is Rene, is that Greycap? I don't think I've ever heard that name before, damn common Australians. :lol:

That would be me indeed. It's a French/Italian/German/*insert the European country here* name, odd on a Finnish guy but I know I'm odd and it isn't limited to the name. :P

And the drivetrain confusion looks like Leonidae forgot to add the FR part, we discussed the cars just last night. Big, heavy and powerful will be the name of the game. Luxurious too, at least before the rear seats and leather interior are stripped out in favour of trying to make them weigh less than a light tank. Probably hopeless but we'll try anyway.

because they will still weight more than stock GT-R, that's why.:yuck:

So? The GT-R's a lightweight.

The last car for cornering purposes I released weighs a full 212kg more than a stock GT-R. The other has 4 rotors, a big turbo, and does 320+.

Ah, whatever. Lighter means better handling. Usually.

So I look forward to these heavyweight monsters.

~Kyle

Our car is big heavy sedan also, the cars sound very similar- I'm up for some competition maybe at a track that isn't GVS or Nurburgring.:)

I had to bump the power up a notch.. it's quite a bit closer to 700 now. :scared: I gotta tame that beast first before racing it. now, where did I put that bag of tractions I had for the rear wheels.. :odd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back