Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might do a review of the R34per too some time, I doubt it will need improving but hey, can't hurt to get a little praise right? Unless it's bad, then I will just accept it's a speed car and not a driver's car. Review probably coming up.

well, STidriver seems to love that car, as does Sweeper.. I recommend that you'd try and find sweepers review of that car, it seems to suit his driving style well. and if you think that it's not a drivers car.. well, it's one of the very few cars I've made, that have managed to give trouble to Greycap.

BTW, which Skyline did you use for the R34per??
I know this was already answered but seriously now, are the two banners at the bottom of the opening post for nothing? They list all but the very latest cars, their original models, the classes, the lap times, even the info on where to get them. And still people don't use them. I really can't see why.

Building the R34per now, watch this space for a review.

Edit: Grim R34per Review

Mortally wounded, need help.......no no not the R34per- AAAAHHHHHHHH! This one will leave you for dead if you don't drive it right, but it's not as challenging as I thought it would be. On the current setup the car has pretty decent turn-in, and blinding acceleration. The gears were really wierd, 4th gear seemed out-of-place being shorter than the rest. The car has magnificent ability to turn fow an AWD with over 900hp, but it will understeer unless you get on the throttle early and start a powerslide. Powerslides, while helpful at times, meant at a track like GVS changing direction became a bit of a problem for a following corner. I theorised that adding a tiny bit of toe-in at the rear (just a value of +1 or something) and then reversing the stabilisers so they read 2/5 and maybe adding a bit more turn-in on the brakes all combined would make a quicker car, I'm yet to fully test that or prove it but I'm working on it.

PS- Who set the lap time on this car? I'd bet that you could set a quicker time since then, I achieved a 1'37.943 with your settings and that lap was a little sloppy at places.

Edit: Nah, my theory didn't work, this car needs to be able to powerslide otherwise it understeers, and for that I would take my CIEN over this car any day. Stil a great car though and rewarding to those who know how to control it.

Edit 2: New fastest lap, a 1'37.795, still sloppy but I'll leave it at that otherwise it will become an obsession like some of my own cars did :scared:

I know this was already answered but seriously now, are the two banners at the bottom of the opening post for nothing? They list all but the very latest cars, their original models, the classes, the lap times, even the info on where to get them. And still people don't use them. I really can't see why.

i'm sorry, i didn't see the two banners at the bottom of the first post.., sorry for that..,

now, what i really came here for.., here is my review of the R34per:

the rear wing looks good, and i know the Skyline BNR34 is fast, but i never thought it would be this fast!!!

i can't help but be amazed by this "messenger of death" :scared:.., i mean, 900 HORSES???? this car's front end is overflowing with unrelenting and limitless power!! its acceleraition is stunning, i think it can beat almost any car you race it with.., i'm telling you, it is really scary to drive it.., its handling is also great, for a 4WD car, that is, and it was exceptionally stable at high speeds, it does not swerve if you change directions quickly.., the brakes are also powerful, it really helps the R34per slow down before tackling hard corners.., my words are always cut, "wow, the accelerations is....!!!" "whoa!! the brakes are...!!" "WOW!! its cornering is...!!" the words that were supposed to fill the dots were "immense", "stunning", and "unbelievable", respectively.., :D

just like what Rotary Junkie said: "get used to seeing this, people..,"
_________
[Oo\___/oO]
[_.._______]

beware: THIS CAR CAN KILL YOU MORE THAN IT CAN KILL THE COMPETITION.., :scared::scared::scared:

Leonidae - this is by far the fastest, meanest, and SCARIEST tuned car i have ever driven..,

for that, i give this car:

10/10 congratulations Leo, what you made is a masterpiece.., 👍👍

*edit: you guys really are, MAD...Finn...Tuners...

Thank you. As I've said before, this car is my real masterpiece. I doubt that I could make a roadlegal car that is faster than this in GT4. oh well, there's certain mid-engined car that might beg to differ, but we shall see if I'll publish her.. she's a bit of a wildcat.

beware: THIS CAR CAN KILL YOU MORE THAN IT CAN KILL THE COMPETITION.., :scared::scared::scared:

Leonidae - this is by far the fastest, meanest, and SCARIEST tuned car i have ever driven..,

for that, i give this car:

10/10 congratulations Leo, what you made is a masterpiece.., 👍👍

*edit: you guys really are, MAD...Finn...Tuners...

Clearly you have never driven their R390, now that is not just a messenger of death, or even death itself, that car is Satan incarnated as a machine :scared: It's funny how sometimes you get 2 cars completely different running similar times (i.e. my CIEN and your R34per, completely different drivetrains and power levels and type of car, yet so similar in lap times.)

So, err Leo..........how about driving that little SLK 230 rusting away in my garage?

Clearly you have never driven their R390, now that is not just a messenger of death, or even death itself, that car is Satan incarnated as a machine :scared: It's funny how sometimes you get 2 cars completely different running similar times (i.e. my CIEN and your R34per, completely different drivetrains and power levels and type of car, yet so similar in lap times.)

So, err Leo..........how about driving that little SLK 230 rusting away in my garage?

Gimme a link, I have one available in my garage as well. now that I have two cars ready to be published, and only 2 customer cars to work on, I have some time for other stuff as well..

edit: nvm, found it already. expect a review in a day or two.

Gimme a link, I have one available in my garage as well. now that I have two cars ready to be published, and only 2 customer cars to work on, I have some time for other stuff as well..

edit: nvm, found it already. expect a review in a day or two.

Thankyou so much :bowdown: When you're driving it just remember, it is a Mercedes :sly:

The Grim R34per has always been a bit of a mystery to me, it's fast but in my hands it ends up being slow. Somehow it has the power and the handling in a wrong way, it just isn't built to my driving style that strongly favours two-wheel drive cars - no matter which two. Oddly enough, the old R32 with its raw feel suits me a lot better than the high tech R34.

One thing that has caught my attention with the R34per is that it's unbelievably much easier - and faster - to drive with a DS2 than a wheel. All the nervousness flies right out of the window and the car corners like on rails whereas it needs constant fighting with a wheel to even make it go straight at corner exits.

hm.. maybe I should update that setup for G25/DFP users.

N4HS, believe me, we've been though a lot of testing with our personal favourite cars, the GT-R's, and we know what they do like and what they don't. I'll see if I can create a setup that would be faster someday. that would be nice actually, even if it's not wrestling in the same series with Grey's R390..

Speaking of Skylines a bit more, there is at least one more Skyline coming out from me one day, literally the car that changed my GT4 playing forever to the point in which it became more or less a synonym for me in our small online team. But I hope there'll be many more releases before it...

Renault Mégane R26'03

242 bhp, 323 Nm, 1082 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 12.0 / 8.0
Ride Height: 100 / 130
Bound: 8 / 3
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: -1 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.916
2nd: 2.017
3rd: 1.555
4th: 1.255
5th: 1.052
6th: 0.900
Final Gear: 3.370

Autoset 13

LSD
Initial: 30
Acceleration: 35
Deceleration: 10

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

As much as this ugly duckling shares opinions, it actually has some good sides to it. And all those good sides are culminated in one letter and 2 numbers, which are R26. Renault Mégane R26 is bit of a special kit. It takes the regular Renault Mégane turbo and tweaks it to near racecar specifications. Performance wizards on the MFT weren't too happy about the wheelspin, so they chose naturally aspirated way, creating a more balanced car. As you can see, there are no wings or ridiculous bodykits. Just a nice set of rims and couple of stickers telling that this isn't your average "Mega-Butt" Renault hatchback. Have fun!

Last edited:
Leo, I can only imagine your MR project that might be faster would be a ZZII... would be awesome to see it tamed :sly:

Greycap - checking out your Rally-X RUF in a bit - it's a large download and I've got a full day so I'll let it come in, and check it out when I get home later tonight 👍

Leo, I can only imagine your MR project that might be faster would be a ZZII... would be awesome to see it tamed :sly:

Greycap - checking out your Rally-X RUF in a bit - it's a large download and I've got a full day so I'll let it come in, and check it out when I get home later tonight 👍

I've almost tamed that one already, but it's AWD works in a way that gives me a hard way to figure out how to drive and tune the car.. and 913bhp don't help at all.. it is fast on straights, biblically fast, but the corners.. :scared: :nervous: :crazy: :ill: let's just say that the car behaves as it would have mind of it's own. but sadly it isn't quite fast enough to compete with r390. Actually, i think that there isn't many cars that could. oh well, maybe one or two, but.. okay, I'll be quiet now. :sly: I'm not going to leak any more secrets.

I've almost tamed that one already, but it's AWD works in a way that gives me a hard way to figure out how to drive and tune the car.. and 913bhp don't help at all.. it is fast on straights, biblically fast, but the corners.. :scared: :nervous: :crazy: :ill: let's just say that the car behaves as it would have mind of it's own. but sadly it isn't quite fast enough to compete with r390. Actually, i think that there isn't many cars that could. oh well, maybe one or two, but.. okay, I'll be quiet now. :sly: I'm not going to leak any more secrets.

I think you just gave it away- it must be the ZZII. I contemplated upgrading the CIEN's power just to see what lap times I might be looking at, give you a half-decent challenge but for high speed cornering and the car's gearbox I doubt I will even come close.

it's not necessarily the ZZ-II, it has some driving characteristics that don't quite please me. I'm still tinkering with it, but Greycap agrees with me.. It's not going to threaten the R390.

If it's not going to threaten the R390, and it's still damn quick (assuming sub 1'40 lap times at GVS), I wonder what it is. Plus I wonder what Grey's sibbling car will be.

ZZ-II is already doing low 1'39s. I have few ideas that might make it faster, but at the moment, I have hands full. few customer cars, your merc, and my next car..

I think you just gave it away- it must be the ZZII. I contemplated upgrading the CIEN's power just to see what lap times I might be looking at, give you a half-decent challenge but for high speed cornering and the car's gearbox I doubt I will even come close.

He was openly talking about the ZZ-II. As Greycap once mentioned, they have a large amount of cars on the back burner.

And, I don't think some cars they produce need to have companion cars. Besides, this sounds like an all-out speed attempt, which means that Greycap's basically finished his job. 1:32 is nearly unbeatable. Unless, of course, you are the rediculous STiDriver!

Also, I kind of want to think he's playing around with us. I want to find a Honda Beat on R3's with downforce! :eek:

Perhaps his car is actually the Cien you are talking about... Anyone want to guess other MR cars with problems?

Two FF Reviews

Imperial March'99
Braking:
The car has very good braking with control.

Trans:
The gearing and final drive are good. but I found that 3rd could be shorted a little.

Suspension:
The March is good at all points of the turn. In high speed trun you have a slite understeer and the rest at neutral. The diff setting are very good.

I was a best GVS lap of a 2'14.158 with the Imperial and found it to be a very good driving car. One more in the plus side from Leonidae.:)

TRD Starlet Glanza V '97
Braking:
The Starlet has good braking with control, but needs smooth first appling of the brakes to slow down the weight transfer to the front. As this can cause you problems if your to fast hitting the brakes.

Trans
The gearing and final drive are good.

Suspension & diffs:
The car has good turn-in on entering the turns. The other parts for the turn at low to medium speeds are good with a slite understeer. The high speed turns added a liitle more understeer, but it's not to bad. I also found the springs a little to soft.

My GVS lap time was a 2'12.396 for the car. It's a nice set-up, but the springs setting need work to help the two problems.
After I was reading in the post that Greycap noted that the car was tuned at Autumn Ring. So I run the car at that track.

At AR the braking hits the spot with weight transfer not causing problems.
The suspension at low to medium speed goes to neutral and the high speed one are only on the slite understeer side. The V could use do with more ride height the deal with the rumble strips and curbs better. You can tell that this is a better place for the car to run. Lap time for the Starlet at AR was a 1'28.590. Good work Greycap on the car.:)

Mitsubishi 3000GT-R'98

607 bhp, 767 Nm, 1386 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 9.0 / 4.5
Ride Height: 120 / 130
Bound: 8 / 8
Rebound: 8 / 6
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 2 /-2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 2 / 1

Transmission

NOTE! First, set auto setup, then final and last gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.525
2nd: 1.708
3rd: 1.250
4th: 0.962
5th: 0.777
6th: 0.660
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 15

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Mitsubishi's flagship, the notorious 3000GT, or GTO as some countries knew it, was always underestimated. This flashy, fast looking coupe, full of Mitsubishi's most ingenious gadgets that made it resemble more like spaceship than a luxurious sportscoupe. But all these fancy gadgets had their price: 3000GT was way heavier than it's competitors, and thus, most enthusiasts forgot it totally in their lust for lighter cars with less comforts. But now, MFT has awakened this beast after almost ten years sleep, and built it into specifications that it should have had when it first time came out. And just to prove that the car is better than commonly thought, they left off their typical gimmicks such as LSD and VCD, and the result was plenty of eager sideways behaviour in the corners, especially under braking. And if you're brave enough, you can bolt on biggest turbochargers you can find without destroying the handling. Have fun!

I just drove this car and indeed it is fast!!! I managed 55.99secs on Tsukuba and 1:27 on Fuji 90s w a top speed of 190mph on the strait.My concern however is about the damping.It seems to me that the chassis has too much body roll.It seems quite loose when asked to turn.The brakes are great and do an excellent job of slowing down from high speed.Am I crazy or could something be done to stiffen up the chassis a bit??

ZZ-II is already doing low 1'39s. I have few ideas that might make it faster, but at the moment, I have hands full. few customer cars, your merc, and my next car..
Leonidea the ZZ-II can get into the low 1'37's with the defaults on R3's.
As for the production car ringer AKA R390 road car. I do not think any other non race car can top it. I'm start to play with it and it's in the low 1'31's now and a review is in the works after some more miles. I also need to take a look are the Caddy that has bin get some press time at some point.

He said it's a bit of a "wildcat," so XJ220 does sound very likely.

Which totally sucks, because I just spent ages investigating an idea I had, to great extent. I don't want to say what my idea was, but I will say this one thing: If you're silly enough about it, there's something rediculously Escudo-ish about it. If I say what it was, you'd all laugh. :(

He was openly talking about the ZZ-II. As Greycap once mentioned, they have a large amount of cars on the back burner.

And, I don't think some cars they produce need to have companion cars. Besides, this sounds like an all-out speed attempt, which means that Greycap's basically finished his job. 1:32 is nearly unbeatable. Unless, of course, you are the rediculous STiDriver!

Also, I kind of want to think he's playing around with us. I want to find a Honda Beat on R3's with downforce! :eek:

Perhaps his car is actually the Cien you are talking about... Anyone want to guess other MR cars with problems?

Well, the ZZ-II it is not.. and Cien just isn't my style. Not after I found the unholy relationship between Omega B and Catera.. and I would really love a chance to get even with that carbon creature that managed to run awa from the Grim R34per! :irked:

XJ220 or Esprit.
Either one of those. one is heavy and fast, other is twitchy and fast.,.

XJ220 sounds likely, and I think he talked about one ages ago in AT, so that sounds likely.
It's still under consideration and thorough investigation, which car I'll use.

Two FF Reviews

Imperial March'99
Braking:
The car has very good braking with control.

Trans:
The gearing and final drive are good. but I found that 3rd could be shorted a little.

Suspension:
The March is good at all points of the turn. In high speed trun you have a slite understeer and the rest at neutral. The diff setting are very good.

I was a best GVS lap of a 2'14.158 with the Imperial and found it to be a very good driving car. One more in the plus side from Leonidae.:)

Thankies. I'll see if I can do something about that third gear at some point.

I just drove this car and indeed it is fast!!! I managed 55.99secs on Tsukuba and 1:27 on Fuji 90s w a top speed of 190mph on the strait.My concern however is about the damping.It seems to me that the chassis has too much body roll.It seems quite loose when asked to turn.The brakes are great and do an excellent job of slowing down from high speed.Am I crazy or could something be done to stiffen up the chassis a bit??

It's one of my older setups, and it is really hard to tune the suspensions of heavy cars in GT4.. I'll see if I can do something about it without destroying the driveability.

Leonidea the ZZ-II can get into the low 1'37's with the defaults on R3's.
As for the production car ringer AKA R390 road car. I do not think any other non race car can top it. I'm start to play with it and it's in the low 1'31's now and a review is in the works after some more miles. I also need to take a look are the Caddy that has bin get some press time at some point.

I know that the ZZ-II has more to it than what I can extract out of it. it's just the drivetrain of that car that's preventing me from being faster with it.

He said it's a bit of a "wildcat," so XJ220 does sound very likely.

Which totally sucks, because I just spent ages investigating an idea I had, to great extent. I don't want to say what my idea was, but I will say this one thing: If you're silly enough about it, there's something rediculously Escudo-ish about it. If I say what it was, you'd all laugh. :(

well, it's not so ridiculous actually.. if Group B had kept going, Martin brundle said that XJ220 would had entered with the V12 and AWD.. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back