RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

allright, I've decided to give a go to Vince's version of Buntamobile. I'll post the results later today.

I can't decide which car should be tested of Vince's, I already drove the Mini back in TCV2. I thought about the Shelby Mustang but that's had dozens of reviews hasn't it, another one wouldn't tell you anything new. I can test whatever you want of Vince's except the Mini. If you don't care then I will test the Shelby. What do you think?

Okie, here's the review of Vince's Buntamobile.

I had slightly more power due oil change ( 351bhp). Anyway, the car handled nicely, and had plenty of grip in all situations, even when one wheel got on the grass and car intended to swap ends. However, when I saw the description of the cars abilities, and then drove it, I was slightly disappointed. Part of me had expected oversteery nature, but from personal experience I know that that won't happen unless having a lot of power or slippy tyres in the back. the suspension setup was conservative, and without a doubt this would be a good starter car for someone who is beginning to drive 4wd's.

Yes, it is a 'normal' AWD...

And I think I might do a little testing with the rear diff on the car and report my findings to him...

There's always room for improvement, is there not?

The Cuda it will be then, I'll write a review as soon as I drive it.

Plymouth AAR Cuda Review
I must say that this is one good handling muscle car, you have applied a mild yet periodically correct tune to a famous car and come up with a brilliant vehicle. I have to also say that I've always been a little jealous of Plymouths in this game as they are the only muscle cars that still sound good with an RC Exhaust, but on to the handling. This car has excellent road holding ability and wasn't as prone to drifting as I expected it to be, in fact if you drive a slow auto (once again because of this car's power curve manual is quickest) it won't drift at all really. In manual transmission it's only possible to make it drift at low RPM in second and sometimes third, but doesn't take away from the superb road holding and won't happen while driving smooth. Directional changes are not a problem in this car either, once again smart use of a mild tune with periodically correct settings. My only quarrel with this car was turn in and braking in general. Maybe it was to keep the time period style of tune in this car that you left off the RC Brakes but that wasn't too bad- stopping distance remained reasonable but turn in was not great. I didn't like the brake balance as it didn't really suit my driving style, the rear brakes could have been stronger and the fronts weaker, as you also get a little bit of tyre squeal under brakes. But still this is a great car and I loved it.
As a side note, I drove it first with auto and got annoyed by the power drop off so went manual and even with sloppy driving dropped over 5 sec off the automatic transmission time. 👍

There's the Cuda's wonky power curve for ya! :dopey:

The brakes were a subject of dispute between Vince and myself when he first did the car... I just couldn't find something that worked better.

Will get a review for you.

Ummm, you're welcome. I think I'll drive that Audi R8 as well. Even though this one has a V10 ;) I can't remember the last time I drove that, and have never tuned it.

Edit: RRV/RCV Audi R8 Review
Alright, I don't know whether I was impressed or disappointed in this car. This car takes a year/ a full lap to pull up for one corner- the brakes a very weak at the speeds this thing is pulling. Luckily though with your brake balance the car is controllable while your waiting and drinking a cup of coffee, then reading the newspaper, for this thing to pull up. Once you're at a slow enough speed turn in is reasonable, not good but not bad either. The car understeers a little under accleration but to be honest I was expecting a lot more understeer from sending that much power through all 4 wheels on sports tyes, and it's better than default so well done. I felt like I was left wanting when I seen that both LSD and toe and VCD were left untouched and maybe that's something you guys could revisit in the near future to see if you can make it better. Still, probably mainly due to straight line speed this thing pulls impressive lap times and looks good doing it. So a good car in some respects while bad in others. I'll say well done though because even at the moment there's no denying that it's a deal better than the default settings. 👍

Celica-banner-2.jpg

Parts List
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Stage 5 Turbo
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
S3 Tires
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple-plate clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon-Fiber Driveshaft
FC LSD
Rigidity Refresher Plan (if used car with enough mileage to need it)
Rollcage/Chassis Stiffening
Wing

Straight Line Performance and other specs:

0-60: 4.8 seconds

0-100: 9.7 seconds

1/4 mile: 12.834 @ 115

Horsepower: 360bhp

Torque: 312 ft-lbs

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------10.0/10.0
Ride Height:-------110/130
Shock Bound:-----3/9
Shock Rebound:--9/5
Camber:-----------2.8/2.5
Toe:----------------(-4)/-2
Stabilizers:--------5/5
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Transmission:
Final to 5.500, auto set to 1, then set ratios and final. Ratios are [2.404/1.777/1.377/1.155/1.000/0.896]
Final of 3.550.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LSD/Downforce and others:
LSD:
Front: 7/35/5
Rear: 7/25/5

VCD: 40

Brake Balance: 12/14

Downforce: 30/5

Ballast: 0

Ballast Balance: 50 (Full Rear)

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: Hey! It's a Celica! Riiiicerrrr! Lookin' all fast with that big wing and aftermarket rims... Drop kit...

Or not. Weighing a mere 2500lbs, this Celica GT-Four has been made into a terrorist for the street and track, using every last resource of the tires' grip to clear corners quickly, exit without fear of wheelspin, and destroy the competition.

When driving this car, favor a late apex and fast entry over an early apex and getting on the throttle earlier than normal, as the latter will lead to the car simply pushing its way into the kitty litter. If you find the car pushing wide, don't be afraid to use the brakes to bring it back in line; it's rare when this car cannot be corrected to stay on track.

On long sweepers, use 'neutral' throttle to keep speed constant until the exit is near enough to stomp on the throttle. It might take a little practice, but this car can boogie with the best.

I suppose the 360bhp powerplant helps too.

Let's see if anyone is interested into testing that one out:)

I've got something special on the line, in the refinement stage atm, so it will be on in a short notice!

hey guys. i was wondering if you could help me equip a Honda Del Sol or a Mitsubishi Eclipse, I've tryed and havent had an success in the end. If you guys can and decide to help me thank you ahead of time i appreciate it.

Well, take what I said in your thread or leave it.

As another option, you could build up and test one of our cars, and I'd be glad to do a car for you then as well.

We'd love to tune a car for you, just write us a decent(one to be proud of;)) review of one of our cars.

And people, RJ and I are quite busy with perfecting our setups, just to explain the silence(! I kill you! > Jeff Dunham is great).

This off course is made possible because of your reviews, so a big thanks for that!

Alfa-GT-banner.jpg

Alfa Romeo GT³ "La Italiano Nero"
Roughly based on a Alfa GT.

Facts:

Engine: 3.2l V6
Hp: 240 Hp -> 280 Hp @ 6200 RPM
Torque: 300 Nm -> 352 Nm @ 4200 RPM
Weight: 1212 kg

Car: 39,010 Credits (new at alfa dealer)

0-60: 6.673 s
1/4 mile: 13.683 s
Suzuka: 2'24.121
GVS: 2'08.698

Parts:

Semi-Racing Exhaust
BBC
Racing Chip
FC Transmission*
Triple clutch
RC flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 tires*
Weight reduction Stage 2
Oil change
Wheels (Yokohama 11)
Wing (black)

* = Optional.

Settings:

BBC: 4/6

Susp: F/R
Springs: 7.0/5.5
Height: 94/94
Bound: 4/6
Rebound: 6/7
Camber: 1.8/1.5
Toe: 0/0
Stabilisers: 1/4

Transmission:*

Trans:
- final: 5.000
- auto: 1
- final: 3.750

1st: 3.000
2nd: 2.220
3rd: 1.735
4th: 1.400
5th: 1.130
6th: 0.975

LSD: 12/20/7

"Aero"/Downforce: 15/10

Driving Aids: All zero.

When Lamborgini comes with the now ill-famous Reventon, the 'Murciélago in a smoking', Alfa couldn't wait no longer with releasing their secret GT³. With stunning cornering ability for a frontal driven and a stiff suspension is it really ready to bring you anywhere! This almost race bred, street racer gives you a stunning experience you will not quickly find in any other FF. About the rest, you'll have to find that out by yourself. :D

ps. La Italiano Nero stands for 'the black Italian', so I hope you now don't have trouble choosing the car's color.

Click for bigger pic.

Edit: this setup post has been improved with the help of nd 4 holden spd: > Click here for the review. <

Something tells me I wish you didn't tune that car right now. I might drive it if I get time (haven't had a lot lately). No promises but I'll try to try.

Grr I am time and i will tell...i was just about to release it then...i thought i would checkout the new release....thats my car...o~well ill do another car in its place

TooMuchDamnJaeger.jpg

Parts List
Sports Exhaust
Racing Chip
Stage 2 NA Tuning
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
S3 Tires
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Suspension
FC LSD
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Wing

Straight Line Performance and other specs:

0-60: 4.0 seconds

0-100: 7.8 seconds

1/4 mile: 11.736 @ 132 mph

Horsepower: 551bhp

Torque: 557.80 ft-lbs

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------8.0/11.0
Ride Height:-------120/135
Shock Bound:-----5/6
Shock Rebound:--9/7
Camber:-----------3.1/2.0
Toe:----------------0/-1
Stabilizers:--------3/1

LSD/Downforce and others:
LSD: 7/30/5

Brake Balance: 5/16 (5/12 if found too unstable. Depends on the track. 5/16 winds up understeering sometimes even)

Downforce: 30/20

Ballast: 0

Ballast Balance: 0 (Neutral)

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: A somewhat... Ehh, "odd", shall we say, gentleman who had a few too many Jaegerbombs at a party the night before came in (obviously hung over), handed over a suitcase of money and something scrawled on a bar napkin.

The note? Build a Jag... An XKR. And make it powerful, light, and good handling. Keep stock trans.

Well... Considering the suitcase held just over 600k in hundred-dollar bills, we couldn't not accept. The profit margin was beyond reproach, after all.

The car was quite nearly redesigned, using a full tubular titanium frame with carbon-fiber bodypanels hung over it, then the interior was done up with some dynamat, aluminum, fiberboard and leather. Suspension is of our own geometry design that will not be disclosed, and is fully adjustable, with what we feel to be the optimum settings installed stock. Under the hood is the same 4.2L V8 that came with the car, except it's been blueprinted, the heads have been ported, and recammed. The stock blower and induction system remains, and a relatively quiet exhaust was installed.

On the outside, it looks like a dropped Jag on some BBS rims. But under the skin... Let's just say that it's not necessarily impossible for an idea induced by excessive alcohol consumption to be a good one. *

*I do not condone the use of alcohol in any way shape or form, and hope that you have the brains to avoid it!

Back