RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

I'll try and review both the Shaguar and the Alf Alfa guys. I have an XKR race car that's never been released- damn fine machine if I do say so myself.

Word of caution: The Jaegermeister Special tends to get a good head of steam up, so while it can indeed corner, it feels like you have to slow down more.

Word of caution: The Jaegermeister Special tends to get a good head of steam up, so while it can indeed corner, it feels like you have to slow down more.

You're just not used the sensation of larger cars feeling cruisy :sly: Big cars tend to feel slower around corners even if they aren't.

RJ was looked for a review and gets one.

Rotary Junkie's Late-Night Jag Reviewed

Braking:
The XKR has good braking and the car can be move around under them.

Suspension:
The Jag is very good at all points of the turn and was mostly neutral are any speed. But when pushed to hard at turn-in you will get some understeer. The coupe likes a gentle touch over attacking the track to get the best out of it. You can get wheel spin to second and third gears if your throttle controllable is not smooth.

This is a very nice car to drive and a fast one when you get it right. I pulled a 1'52.100 lap with this Jag. Good work a the tunning.:)

update = I missed putting that the lap was done at GVS.

Sorry guys, no reviews yet today, first my brother stole the PS2, then my mother stole the TV, by the time I had both at once it's pretty much time to go to work now- maybe tomorrow.:guilty:

RJ was looked for a review and gets one.

Rotary Junkie's Late-Night Jag Reviewed

Braking:
The XKR has good braking and the car can be move around under them.

Suspension:
The Jag is very good at all points of the turn and was mostly neutral are any speed. But when pushed to hard at turn-in you will get some understeer. The coupe likes a gentle touch over attacking the track to get the best out of it. You can get wheel spin to second and third gears if your throttle controllable is not smooth.

This is a very nice car to drive and a fast one when you get it right. I pulled a 1'52.100 lap with this Jag. Good work a the tunning.:)

Thank you, stidriver. Anything you'd like tuned?

And a 1:52... You're fast as hell.

I don't know what to say... When I first clocked a sub-2 minute lap at Twin Ring Motegi's full road course, I was stunned. Then I took it to GVS and was forced to add a bit of downforce to help high-speed cornering. And now I'm stunned again.

Thanks man.

Thank you, stidriver. Anything you'd like tuned?

And a 1:52... You're fast as hell.

I don't know what to say... When I first clocked a sub-2 minute lap at Twin Ring Motegi's full road course, I was stunned. Then I took it to GVS and was forced to add a bit of downforce to help high-speed cornering. And now I'm stunned again.

Thanks man.
No problem and that was a GVS lap. The more I ran the XKR the faster I was going with it. My best lap time surpised me also. I think a drive a Motegi would fun to try.

Alfa GT Review
First thing's first, is this the same engine as in the Brera V6? If it is this engine is based off the same 3.6L V6 designed by Holden. Now, this is a good car, it has good turn-in and turns well at partial throttle. At full throttle it is a bit too understeery and I have an idea that may fix that. (I'll come back to that). I think, and I'm sorry, that the gears are a little sloppy. By your rough description of the gears I couldn't get them all to match up and be linear so to speak. That would require a slight modification of 4th and maybe 5th gear as well. I think the LSD is pretty fine the way it is also. I'm going to try and improve this one also. I'm about to start testing- first I think the front camber is too high, it's probable it will like something in the range of 1.5-2.0 to strike a balance between conering and straight line and get the tyres contacting the road as much as possible. I'll also try using less front stabiliser as this might improve high speed cornering. I will try swapping the spring rates also as for all FFs I've tuned they have less understeer when the fronts a stiffer. Obviously I will change the gears so they are linear for me, and then after doing these things, this is the part I was talking about earlier. I'll buy rigidity increase and see how that changes it then come back and tell you. With the Golf V without rigidity increase it understeers like a dog, so maybe this will be the same?

Edit: I've shaved over a second on the time I achieved with your tune by using the following changes:
Downforce, LSD, and Brake Balance are the same.
Suspension settings changed:
Spring rates: 7.0/5.5 (same as yours except switched around so stiffer up front, big help)
Camber: 1.8/1.5 (different front camber, also a big help)
Stabiliser: 1/4 (different front stabiliser, helps a little)
I could have added toe or more downforce etc. But this seems to be a factory style tune plus I didn't want to differ from yours too much. I did change the gears, let me know if you want to know what I did- it seems a little better. I'm now going to try lowering the ride height (you never know), then I will try rigidity increase. I'm currently in the 2'08s at GVS, with your tune I was in the 2'10s.

Edit 2: I lowered it to Ride Height: 73/73
I can't notice any negative side effects of the change, but positives- the car looks cooler, and you can get on the throttle just a little earlier thanks to slightly reduced wheelspin. My current lap record is 2'08.558 with all the changes I made.

Edit 3: Rigidity Increase is up to you. I am not sure whether or not it made it better or worse. It feels different, more precise, more predictable. But lap times are much and much the same. My final lap record for this car is 2'08.477 with all the changes I made. I hope you try these changes as they transform the car. Now I really wish you hadn't stolen this platform from under us :sly:

But there's room to grow. Trust me. The inside tire is on the VERGE of being allowed to light up.

Little more initial and a little less accel seemed to help it.

I'll try it tomorrow along with your Shag. I know FFs like high initial values. Anyway, I'm off to work again now. See yas.

Thanks for the review, bro!
Haha, well I didn't really steal it from you guys, I was planning this one for áges. :P

Anything you desire from us?

Thanks for the review, bro!
Haha, well I didn't really steal it from you guys, I was planning this one for áges. :P

Anything you desire from us?

The only thing I desire is you to try my proposed changes to this car- you might learn something :sly:
We were planning it for a while also but you know- it's OK. Maybe there is another one we were meant to do.

Chalk it up to great minds thinking alike. We don't need any extra spectacles.

I said it's OK, great minds do think alike. I can think of another car I'd like to see done anyway- it'd be cool if done right :D Expect a Shaguar review some time today.

Cool.

And PM me what the car you'd like to see done right is. I have newfound skill in my diff tuning after working on Vince's Alfa.

(Oh, yeah, and I made an R32 that is in a state of neutrality-to-oversteer. As opposed to the usual neutrality-to-understeer.)

~Kyle

I meant probably a car we'll do, I still just want to hear what Vince thinks of my suggested changes. I'm turning on the PS2 now to get your Shaguar.

Hey what the hell! I wrote a big long story/review on the XKR and now it's gone. I'm not writing that all again, so in short, good cornering ability, fast car, lacks turn in.

Edit: Never mind I found where it was.
Shaguar XKR Review
So there I was having a few down the local pub when some American guy comes up to me and asks if I will drivce him back to his apartment block, he said he was too drunk to drive himself. I told him I didn't bring my own car that night, he said "Oh that's OK, you can just drive my car". Oh great I thought, what Camry will I be driving now. We walked out and sure enough there was a Camry parked, hoping it would get a drive from someone real. The man stopped, scratched his head, and said "My goodness, this aint where I parked, I'm over there". I looked around, and there it was, a Jaegermeister Special created by the American tuning company RCV. Easily identifiable thanks to it's massive wing. He handed over the keys and told me he needed to get back as fast as possible or his wife would kill him. Yes sir I said, no problem. Got in and turned the key. The sound wasn't exactly what I hoped for but the following 20min drive made me forget all about that. The car despite such stiff rear suspension just grips the road and goes like a Zetec. Putting the pedal down just helps the car turn even more. The turn-in seemed could have been a little more enthusiastic as I struggled at some corners to get that nose tucked in. About half way back some guy in an Aston V8 Vantage stopped and taunted me into a race. I thought why not, this car isn't mine and this guy is so drunk he won't remember. After about 4sec of racing it was clear the Shag was quite a bit quicker thanks to the engine work done by RCV. After driving it back I pondered on my experience, the gearbox was suprisingly good, the handling was good with slight power over in around the bends, but the brakes were a little lack-lustre at times. I figured it must have been good for a sub 1'55 time at GVS. I later sent a letter to RCV congratulating them on making such a good car., and recommending a different exhaust.

Bah. It will stay quiet. I say so.

And Vince is Dutch, by the way. (And yet his English is better than many who claim it as their first language)

Retested Tigra as well.

I meant probably a car we'll do, I still just want to hear what Vince thinks of my suggested changes. I'm turning on the PS2 now to get your Shaguar.

Well, you're not the only one. I understand your changes, but still I can't really test them out myself because my beloved brother has borrowed the PS2 for this week. ['I'd better start thinking realistic' mode ON] I really hope to get him back before the end of the weekend, but I think I'll have to wait untill Monday, at the least. ['I'd better start thinking realistic' mode OFF]

And again, thanks for your effort on the review!

Back