Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
^Your fabled fast Midship car included? If you're saying yours is scary, I'm terrified to see what Grey's will be.

Also: The March was yours? Its untamed torque steer led me to believe it was one of Grey's tunes. If that's the case, I may want to see just how loony he made his 220(ish) hp Starlet. I'm sorry that I'm always mixing up your tunes.

You make it sound like you're leaving us GT4 faithfuls (peasants) for the newer, shinier ones. Don't go :(

I bet our upcoming cars are more scary than anything seen here this far. Don't think the usual way, no car can be fast enough to be that scary. Think the "zOMG t3h goggles do nothin'!" way. This time it's all about being mad.

And as I've said, GT4 will only be left behind when there is a better alternative available. That better alternative will be GT5 and it's a year away so nothing to worry about yet.

yes, my fabled midship car is in.. :mischievous: it is better on tight tracks, and kills you if you dare to take her to open tracks. She also likes it very very VERY sideways.

Yep, I'm definitely up for a race. My new car (release tommorrow) vs yours. Unless it quickly becomes obvious that yours would beat mine- we'll see. I'll place a review of both of your cars as a bet that mine is crazier, wadda ya say?

Daihatsu Copen Pokémon Premium

138 bhp, 163 Nm, 728 kg

Clickable for full size

copen_th.jpg

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
N3 Tyres
Variable Centre Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.0 / 5.0
Ride Height: 95 / 100
Bound: 6 / 4
Rebound: 8 / 6
Camber: 1.5 / 2.0
Toe: 1 / -2
Stabilizers: 4 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 2 / 10

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.603
3rd: 1.272
4th: 1.042
5th: 0.865
Final Gear: 5.000

Autoset 6

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

This must be the most hopeless car on the road. It doesn't go fast, it doesn't go around corners, it doesn't even slow down properly. And the tuned version isn't much better. Sure, it has more power and improves greatly on every area but it still fails to impress, being a sub-par showing all round. All down to a base car with low potential. But the shape, it's perfect. Perfect for turning the car into a Pokémon tribute with its round headlights and fog lights that almost scream to be used as cheeks. And in the end, who could really blame Pikachu for anything?

Reviews:

by Kurei

Last edited:
Mitsu i "D1GP Hello Kitty Spec"

142 bhp, 164 Nm, 718 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
N1 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 2.2 / 6.0
Ride Height: 120 / 110
Bound: 4 / 2
Rebound: 2 / 10
Camber: 1.0 / 2.7
Toe: 2 / -1
Stabilizers: 4 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 6

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.090
2nd: 1.426
3rd: 1.040
4th: 0.801
5th: 0.630
Final Gear: 5.219

Autoset 6

LSD
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 30
Deceleration: 10

Driving Aids

This car will change your way to look at small econoboxes for your life.. if you haven't gouged your eyes out of their sockets after seeing the picture. MFT finally decided to earn the "Mad"-part in their name, and thus, two monstrous little cars were born. This particular car is the Mitsubishi i, their eco-friendly shopping cart with a 1l 3-cylinder engine. As usual, the car didn't remain stock for long in the hands of the MFT. The car was torn in shreds, and put back together with blazing pink paint and tiny 3-spoke drifter-style rims. The engine was completely rebuilt as well, and just to bring out the hiding horses, a blower was bolted into the exhaust manifold. This resulted as 142 miniponies, and improved the top speed of the car to a yawn-inducing 120mph.
But that is not the point. This car was tuned to go sideways in corners, and it took part to D1GP.. in an extremely cute Hello Kitty-livery. Being a mid-engined car with a short wheelbase, this car loves to go sideways on twisty tracks. However, it seems to have a disliking for faster tracks, thus, keep it on tracks like Autumn Ring and it'll purr around sideways like a kitten. But remember, even the cutest little kittens have razor-sharp claws.

An unusual but nice touch on the paint job, I was wondering what you guys were brewing in the arts department :lol:

I'll find some time to give them both a wringing and let you know how it goes.

Pyrelli

yeah, I guess we got bit too bored.. :embarrassed: No worries, we'll publish something significantly faster next week.

I don't know about the Mitsubishi but the Daihatsu is honestly speaking a hopeless car, it has no power nor handling. The only reason to why it was picked was indeed the looks. Don't expect much from it as a racer, it simply won't deliver.

I wouldn't call them mad, more like cute. :P

I'll probably try Grey's, because FC Tranny on cars originally with a "D" gearbox make Roj cry.

Maybe, I need to be a bit more... specific with my anticipation. :lol:

But, it came stock with a D, and you replaced it? *crys*

Either way, I'm totally testing the MR car on N1s!

I guess there will be no race, this is just a wierd pair of cars..............oh wait I get it :lol: This is an April Fools joke, yes yes that's it, it must be. :scared: I'll just keep telling myself that.

The last two car are funny a poke and kitty.

On the GT5P 40usd demo it's priced to high for to little in my eyes. Plus I have not pick up a PS3 so far as it's still priced a little high for me.

I guess there will be no race, this is just a wierd pair of cars..............oh wait I get it :lol: This is an April Fools joke, yes yes that's it, it must be. :scared: I'll just keep telling myself that.

Bugger, there goes our cover. :ouch:

WHAT IN HELL??!! :lol::lol:

"Pikachu, agility!!" oh wait, the Copen's not that "agile" enough..,

i like the Copen, it's very cute.., wait a minute, those cars are girl magnets!! :lol:

now here are two guys who just have too much time on their hands.., :)

Okay, I understand why the CVT gearbox was replaced. It is more fascinating, but it only adjusts its ratios on-throttle, which effectively means you're entering the corner in one to three gears too high, causing terminal understeer, then you stomp the throttle, the engine wakes up, and you lose control of the car, having begun the drift much too late to end it before the road curves the other way.

However, with the transmission equipped, and with typical behaviour restored, the tuning itself is pretty impressive, giving a remarkably controllable drift instrument, considering the handicap of the car itself being nearly incapable of drifting. The car's very low power and reasonably high cornering ability mean that you must push it to the limit -somehow- even more than normal drifting. In a corner where a powerful Honda S2000 would be comfortable sideways, you're in a struggle to keep the car moving, and the short wheelbase/low power/MR combination means that it's directional stability is in short supply. Surely, with lots of practice, a driver will be able to adapt to this weakness, but there is one distinct flaw in the tune: It seems that the majority of the oversteer is throttle-oversteer. Which would be just peachy, if only there was any power. At high speeds, the murderous feeling Leo described... isn't. In fact, the car calms down quite a bit at speed (And at quite a bit of speed). At high speeds on the N-Ring, it feels like a low-spec racecar with a bit of attitude, and decent cornering ability at all speeds. Actually, I thought the setup would use camber to reduce grip fore and aft, to raise the power/handling ratio to a more driftish level. It seems that it was tuned for grip, then for oversteer.

I'm always assuming that MFT's driftable cars are built exclusively for drifting, only to find that they are oversteery implements of speed. And thus, I am confused to think the opposite for this car: By its specifications alone, it's clear this car is built for drift, but I now suggest that it was tuned for pace, then oversteer.

This car is slightly odd: It is specialized for drift at low speeds, and for oversteering pace at high speeds. It does both rather well, but trying to overstep either of those boundaries will result in a failure of motion. It is billed as a pure drifter, but it doesn't apply very well to the typical drift in GT4: high-speed inertia drift. Instead, it is a nearly useless, but enjoyable, mixture of the two: A chassis with adequate grip at high speed, and power-oversteer at low speed.

Ummm... I like the setup, but my reasons for liking it don't translate well into text. Actually, I like this setup for the same reasons I like the BMW 120i M-Sport. But, the BMW is more predictable, faster, more grippable, more driftable, and less... ugly. If you must be unique, this is an acceptable drift car to use, but I wouldn't actively recommend this tune, even if it is crippled only by the car's abilites.

I quote the exact words I said yesterday when I first saw the new cars

"Oh you got to ****ing be kidding me..." :rolleyes:

I doubt I'll test them any time soon, but the Copen always brings up a laugh :lol:

Talk about April Fool's Day coming to MFT. :P What are you two thinking with those cars?? There must be some mad finnish weed going on around there. :lol:

EA11R:Hmm.. the car is at it's best on tight tracks lime Autumn Ring, as I said, on straights etc it's bit tricky because of the short wheelbase and MR layout. Due the lack of power it just can't do the high speed intertia drifts, and thus, one has to use Scandinavian Flick or braking drift. I'm willing to bet that lack of weight has something to do with it as well..

Kurei: We've been hearing that a lot recently.. :lol:

Mafia_Boy: you could say so. we decided that it was about a bloody time to earn that "mad"-part in the garage's name. :dopey:

Dimplz: we do our best to entertain..

is there a gas leak in here??

can't stop :lol: when i see that Copen.., :lol:

this....is....INSANE.....CRAZY......WHACK....MAD..,

Ford GT44 '05

592 bhp, 719 Nm, 1276 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 1
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 8.0
Ride Height: 115 / 120
Bound: 4 / 6
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 4

Brake Controller
Brakes: 6 / 9

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.125
2nd: 2.047
3rd: 1.532
4th: 1.202
5th: 0.979
6th: 0.826
Final Gear: 3.500

Autoset 13

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 20

Driving Aids

The Ford GT40 is certainly one of the most legendary cars of motorsports ever. When Ford wanted to recreate the old race winner they went for a slightly bigger car with the name being simply GT. The "40" in the name of the old model had come from the height of the car, a staggering forty inches. The new car is hovering around the 44 inches mark and we've chosen it to distinguish our special model from the rest. The engine was kept very close to stock, the only change has been a slightly more aggressive cam profile to slightly boost the top range power. The "invisible" parts, however, have gone through a total rebuild with the drivetrain parts being borrowed from the FIA GT3 class prototypes. The suspension was quite good as stock but adjustable parts have been added and now it's better. The entire car is better, living more up to the legend of its ancestor.

Reviews:

by DuoMaxwell
by nd 4 holden spd
by Nenad
by oscarhardwick

Last edited:
hey you got it togather on this one .its a real kick in the butt to drive like the way it handles and sounds good to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back