RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

Ay, once I get my new system in the mail im going to check out that 350Z D-Spec.
I wanted something to just play around with but not necessarily with massive hp.
That car fits the category perfect. The PS2 should be arriving in the middle of the week.
Ill update once I start the fun.

Shelby Mustang Sports Tyre Review
Sorry, this review won't be well thought out as my energy levels are dropping rapidly thanks to this flu. Basically, most of the effects from the race tyre car have been amplified. There's more power oversteer now, and more wheelspin in 2nd gear. Surprisingly there is still no understeer which is good for a muscle car. The brakes could probably use more turn-in when it's on sports tyres. Overall though it still pulls some respectable lap times at GVS. I bet it could drift but right now I'm not trying for it.

Wierd flu I tell you, I had the most horrible migrain imaginable for one day, now I'm all good with just a tingly throat. :confused: Your well-wishing made me better :embarrassed: Thankyou.👍

Hey, you have PSN too, I'll have to send you a friend request too :dopey:

Hope you do, then we'll go race each other on GT5:P!:)

Oh, almost forgot: we've got a new member on the RCV crew, because Circlescenter quite frankly disappeared from the GTP community all of a sudden. After getting no responses on emails and PM's we decided to give another good tuner a chance.
Now it's up to you who it is!

(you know him from TCv3)

By process of elimination it is VTiRoj.

It is indeed, me. :)

Yeah, RJ and Vince asked me if I wanted to join RCV, and I gladly accepted. :D:tup:

I guess I'll introduce myself officially here then. Vince could also put this up in the main post near my tunes. :)

I'm VTiRoj, but you can call me Roj. If I'm not racing you can find me at Trial Mountain spanking the supercars. I have 2 tuning styles I usually like to stick to. One is a style that focuses on balance, and the ability to take on any race, any track, without any setup adjustment at all except tyres. The other is a style that focuses on making the car enjoyable to drive, something to put a smile on your face everytime you take it around a corner. I usually tune with S3 tyres, coupled to a car with a reasonable amount of horsepower. Feel free to review any of my cars, and in return, I'll tune a car for you.

Take care.

Roj.

Oh hello Roj, nice to meet you. My speciality style of tuning is normally turning a road car into a thorough-bred race car. But I can do pretty much anything. I look forward to seeing you around on the roads. :sly: :lol:

I look forward to seeing you around too. :lol: Maybe we could both enter a tuning contest that uses Citta di Aria as a test course, and see who tunes the better car? :D:tup:

That's a really good idea, especially for a n00b. Did you think of that yourself?

Or maybe you could just get a PS3 and PSN and GT5:P and we could have a man-to-man race. ;)

Ah yes, I'll post some up shortly to start off.

I'm allowed to triple post since its a tuner garage right? Just checking.

“NSX-R Evo.II” (Honda NSX Type R ’02)

NSX-REvoII.jpg

Parts List
Sports exhaust / air filter
Racing brakes kit
Brake controller
Stage 1 NA tuning
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing chip
Transmission / Fully customisable
Triple clutch
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Fully customisable suspension
Sports / Soft tyres (S3)
Weight reduction: Stage 3
Increase Rigidity
Wing – 3D Type BB
Wheels – RAYS 023

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------10.0/7.5
Ride Height:-------83/83
Shock Bound:-------9/7
Shock Rebound:-----9/7
Camber:------------1.0/1.5
Toe:---------------(-2)/0
Stabilizers:-------7/6
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Transmission:
Autoset to 15. Then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [3.133/2.073/1.498/1.136/0.905/0.794]
Final of 4.235.

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: 20/40/10

Brake Balance: 3/4

Ballast Weight: 0kg

Ballast Balance: 0 (neutral)

Downforce: 20/19

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
A highly tuned NSX-R for ultimate balance. The standard V6 was given a complete rebuild with a less restrictive exhaust and chip, resulting in 356bhp and a motor that begs you to rev it. The brakes are upgraded, and will stop the car faster than you can scream “LATE BRAKING TECHNIQUE!!” The gearbox allows this NSX-R to always stay within its powerband, as well as allow a top speed of 184mph, limited only by the downforce itself. Drafting, you will be able to touch 200mph. There’s no need to tune the settings for each track you visit either, thanks to 2 years worth of tuning, this NSX-R is capable of taking on any track, any time, any where. It’ll even go play in the mud, just make sure you raise the ride height a bit so you don’t get dirt in the diffuser.

Last edited:
NSX-RZero.jpg

Parts List
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Stage 1 NA Tuning
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
S3 Tires
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Suspension
FC LSD
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Stage 3 Weight Reduction

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
Spring Rate:-------9.1/11.5
Ride Height:-------90/90
Shock Bound:-------6/6
Shock Rebound:-----9/9
Camber:------------0.9/0.9
Toe:---------------0/0
Stabilizers:-------7/5
Transmission:
Autoset to 14, then set gear ratios and final.
Ratios of: [2.950/1.974/1.450/1.125/0.914/0.717]
Final of 4.444

LSD: 12/25/15

Brake Balance: 6/12

Downforce: None

Ballast: 0kg

Balance: 10 (rearward)

Notes: Tailhappy enough to keep it fun and to keep you awake, but stable enough to keep you from having "too much fun" when getting it sideways.

No rigidity refresh. Based on the 1997 NSX Type S Zero.

Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88

SupraA88.jpg

Parts List
Semi-racing exhaust / air filter
Racing brakes kit
Brake controller
Port polish
Engine balancing
Racing chip
Triple clutch
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Carbon driveshaft
Large racing intercooler
Sports / Soft tyres (S3)
Increase Rigidity
Body Rigidity Refresher Plan
Oil change

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
Spring Rate:-------10.0/8.0
Ride Height:-------100/100
Shock Bound:-------7/7
Shock Rebound:-----8/8
Camber:------------3.0/2.0
Toe:---------------(-2)/-1
Stabilizers:-------6/5
Transmission:
Autoset to 12. Then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [3.000/2.000/1.450/1.150/0.950/0.800]
Final of 3.700.

LSD: 15/35/10

Brake Balance: 5/4

Downforce: 0/0

Notes:
Originally, this Turbo A Supra was a boat. High weight and low power just don’t make a good sports car. And the suspension was made of jelly. By reducing the weight by nearly 270kg, and boosting power by 70bhp, the Supra brought its weight to power ratio way down. As a result acceleration is improved, with power available all over the rev range. The suspension was given a massive overhaul, but biased slightly towards comfort, to keep the car's character intact. Braking ability is improved greatly over standard thanks to uprated disks and pads. This is a very fun car to drive, with some 2nd gear drift when you boot it. Have fun with it!

This Supra came 3rd in it’s class in the Vintage Tuner Cup.

GreyGhost.jpg

Parts List
Sports Exhaust
Racing Chip
Port Polish
Stage 1 Turbo
Sports Intercooler
Brake Balance Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
FC LSD
Sports Clutch
Racing Flywheel
N2 Tires

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
Spring Rate:-------7.0/9.0
Ride Height:-------120/120
Shock Bound:-------4/4
Shock Rebound:-----6/6
Camber:------------2.5/2.0
Toe:---------------(-1)/1
Stabilizers:-------6/5
Transmission:
Final to 5.500, autoset to 1, then set gear ratios and final.
Ratios of: [2.692/1.989/1.600/1.350/1.150/1.000]
Final of 3.730

LSD: 7/50/12

Brake Balance: 5/14

Downforce: None

A beaten-to-near-death FC RX-7 was purchased by Kyle M. of RCV Motor Works (Also known as Rotary Junkie) to go drifting with. The car was a Japanese model from 1985 (at which point the FB or SA22C was still on sale in the US), and despite its age and mileage, it was miraculously rust-free. Nothing at all was done to the body of the car, as a drifter WILL incur body damage at one point or another. The stock wheels were retained as well, and wrapped in medium-performance 340-treadwear street radials.

Under the skin, there's a lightly salted 13B Turbo producing about 245hp backed by a custom close-ratio six-speed feeding into the stock rear differential housing, which holds 3.730 gears and a custom-tuned LSD. Brake balance was readjusted to help the vehicle turn under braking as well.

Seems to work well. He doesn't seem to pull monster angles all the time with it, but he does get it to boogie around with a consistent low-angle drift and the occasional sideways run through a hairpin. Chances are it will work for you.

”Silver Banshee” FC3S RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC, J) ’90)

SBFC3S.jpg

Parts List
Racing brakes kit
Brake controller
Port polish
Engine balancing
Racing chip
Triple clutch
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Carbon driveshaft
Stage 2 turbine kit
Large racing intercooler
Sports / Soft tyres (S3)
Increase Rigidity
Body Rigidity Refresher Plan
Oil change
Wing (optional, use only if you're planning to time trial with this FC)

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
Spring Rate:-------7.5/6.6
Ride Height:-------99/99
Shock Bound:-------5/3
Shock Rebound:-----8/7
Camber:------------2.5/2.5
Toe:---------------(-2)/0
Stabilizers:-------6/3
Transmission:
Autoset to 7. Then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [3.030/2.166/1.749/1.434/1.176/1.000]
Final of 3.080.

LSD: 25/50/15

Brake Balance: 5/6

Downforce: 30/30 (optional, use only if you're planning to time trial with this FC)

Notes:
In Irish legend, a banshee wails around a house if someone in the house is about to die. Just like a banshee, this FC wails, but not because some is about to die, oh no. When you hear this FC wail, your in for a shock. The ported, polished, chipped and turbo’d 13B gives this FC such a punch, you’d think it was packing twice its claimed power. The gearbox was tweaked to turn the FC into a rapid machine between gears, and accelerating without pause all the way past 180mph. Combine this simply brutal acceleration with the FC’s finely tuned suspension and LSD, and you have an old dog that’ll take the youth of today and send them to their rooms. 2nd gear provides some drift fun, as well as a chance to floor the 13B wide open, letting everyone hear that wail.

So when you see a silver flash suddenly appear and disapear beside you, followed by a wailling sound, its not your imagination, it’s the Silver Banshee FC3S.

Thanks to Rotary Junkie for the revised gear ratios.

Fantastic! A pair of NSX's and of FC3S's? I'll try at least one or two of these, they look scrumptious!

Yep.

And that NSX-R will play in the dirt, as you say? That sounds only slightly epic, and worth trying out.

And that NSX-R will play in the dirt, as you say? That sounds only slightly epic, and worth trying out.

It'll play in the dirt, yes. :sly: Its quite fun in the Easy off-road rallies, but when the higher level WRC cars come out to play its obviously no Impreza or Lancer. :(

Some of those cars bring back memories. :sly: Don't you be stealing the Pontiac Banshee legend now will you.

RJ- What's with all the drift tunes you're doing?

PS- Why is everyone getting business except us?! :(

PPS- Because I already have the NSX, and I may as well give rotaries another chance with the grip FC I might do 2 reviews for you.

^Few new cars? lol, I'll be sure to give you guys a review or two...

VtiRoj, I just noticed: You said you brought the Supra's power:weight ratio down.

Cool.

Back