'Hire' A Test Driver

I'll get on that now. And yes, i'm back :) But going to stay at another persons for the next 2 days to, so time to cram in that review of the Vette.

I won't bother updating the first post to include the recent Skyline/tuned review, seeing as the feedback has already been replied to. Perhaps if NLxAROSA makes a new (improved) version of the same car i'll stick it up.

Anyway, on to that TLD 'Vette

Review time!

DCT Amuse/Opera 350Z

My first review in a non TLD car and a pleasant surprise after seeing recent feedback to NLxAROSA's last offering.

The first thing you notice in this car is the noise, a great noise from that Nissan V6 powerplant, especially as this was another brand new car for me on GT5. Im short on time, so this review will be kept short.

The Z has always been a good handling car, and as far as i can see this DCT offering does the business in the corners to. When i first saw the set up it looked odd to me seeing certain numbers in certain places but it's all came together nicely and provides a solid all round experience. A good place to start for new comers in the 600PP class.

Only real criticism is the odd looking gear ratios, it seems all well and good til you hit 6th and drop off the revs much more then the other gears. Combat that by making all your other gears longer, then the final ratio a large number to keep the other gears at similar speeds. Pay attention to the gear graph when tuning gears, ideally you want a smooth curve to be formed from the bottom point on each line, or so i think.

Good solid drive.

8/10

Thanks for the review! I'll take your pointers about the gears and improve it some more! BTW, I really like this 'Hire a test driver' concept. It gives the tuner good insight in how to improve his ride (if necessary) and also provides a good starting point for drivers looking for a good tune! 👍

Thanks for the review! I'll take your pointers about the gears and improve it some more! BTW, I really like this 'Hire a test driver' concept. It gives the tuner good insight in how to improve his ride (if necessary) and also provides a good starting point for drivers looking for a good tune! 👍

Hopefully the Swift Cup will evolve into a simiar thing but comparing different tunes to each other as a form of feedback.

I'm going to give NLxAROSA's Amuse/Opera 350z a spin tonight but if I get time I'll give your Clio a shot. Feels like I'm turning to the dark side but hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em

Review Tuned Viper SRT10 TLD v's Dutch customs - head to head showdown

First off I have to apologise to NLxAROSA. I promised to review his Opera 350z setup but I'm afraid when the opportunity to roadtest two setups for the Tuned Viper came up all other cars were pushed to the back burner. I'm a Ford GT groupie first and foremost but I'm also partial to the odd visit to dodge's snakepit and, on this occasion BHP and FR wildness got the better of yet another 600pp roadtest. It's been too long since I got behind the wheel of something truly deadly.

I had one of these a while back but I think I sold it to get money for the F50. Yeah I know but I needed it to finish the game and I was getting sick of taking the GTlm round that bloody oval for 20,000 credits a pop so I had a clearance sale.

Luckily for me I've gotten the online bug so the 200,000 price tag didn't even make a dent in my wallet. Time to see what this puppy can do. For the reference lap I slap on a set of sticky R3's, drop the weight as low as it'll go and spend the rest of the points on a nice fat +7 power, taking the whole package up to a stomach churning 585 brake horse power. All other settings were left at standard.

3 laps later and I'm racing a 2:06.055 ghost. This beast is fast but without some trick settings to reign in that awesome power its just a glorified smoke machine, every corner sending kilo upon kilo of rubber into the stratosphere. With tyre wear on I doubt I'd have made it as far as the esses on lap one. Still it's a reasonable enough reference and I've got two setups to test so I'm pushed for time. Back into the pits I go and dial up the TLD voodoo I've come to know and love. Let's see what Holden can do with this hissing terror...

From the run in through casio I have a lot more control, it's still a bit skittish in first gear but with nowhere near as much faffing about and correction required I leave the triangle and head down to the start line at a fair old lick. I've shed 34 horsepowers but the gearbox seems a lot tighter and, sure enough, the ghost is a distant glimmer by T1. The double apex is a nice steady comedown from 4th, thru 3rd, hitting 2nd at the bottom and turning back out. I'm understeering a bit here so I kick the back end out and stamp on the -go faster- pedal.

She's a bit skittish here and I have to feather the revs a bit to get the bite up to third and then brake early for the esses. I'm a hell of a lot faster than the spook through here but I'm fighting the back end all the way, hitting the rev limiter in the middle and, again, just before Dunlop. Not good! I've lost a tenth of a second there easy and it'd be more if I had to shift up and then back down again.

Again I'm fighting with the back end through dunlop, nearly losing it in 3rd at the top of the hill, dash of understeer through degner, missing the curb on the apex and losing another good few milliseconds. Coming out the hairpin, again there's a lot of wheelspin and I lose another little pile of vital milliseconds.

200R highlights the understeer factor again as I have to lift slightly to catch the all important outside line heading into spoon. Spoon part one comes and goes without a mishap but, again I'm understeering on the exit.

130R is nice and fast catching 136mph and heading back into casio and there's just enough time to think "my god these things are fast" before I'm crossing the finish line. The last 5 paragraphs taking two minute, three and seven tenths of a second. Not bad but I'm sure there's room for improvement, particularly second gear which is just a little too short in a couple of spots.

Anyway I head back to the pits and pick up the Dutch Customs package (no entendre intended) I'm still feeling a bit guilty for slamming his Tuned Coupe, I desperately want to find something good to say about this tune. I make a mental note - if it sucks I'll say something nice about the way the engine sounds.

Press the start button and away we go. Initial impressions - Casio is much smoother! The back end is much more planted I'm on the power a split second earlier and, more importantly its - foot to the floor, none of this toe wiggling feeling out the grip shenanigans just stamp and go. I race off down the back straight, braking into T1 a good car-length clear of the TLD ghost.

I'm two car lengths clear by the start of the esses. This is a lot more like my cup of tea - strong and black, no pussyfooting you kick the crap out of the pedals and the car does what it's told, none of this "if you wouldn't mind..." carry on I just scream "Do it!" and it obeys. I'm on a power trip, this car makes me feel like invading a neighboring racetrack and torturing prisoners. I am the king of Suzuka and if you don't get out my way my car will sink it's fangs in your throat!

The gearbox gives me the space I need to floor second gear then I snap into Dunlop with a little snap of my right foot. Note to self - need a set of jackboots for the full effect here. Degner part 1 ... effortless. Degner part 2 ... sweet! The understeer is gone, this snake twists and turns like a ... well ... like a snake I guess. Like a badass, venom dripping, twisty turny snake. Power on is earlier on every corner so far.

The hairpin is no different. 200R and I keep the pedal to the metal right round, catch a tiny little nibble of rumble strip and then brake into spoon. Tiny little understeer on the exit, I pump the throttle and that takes care of that. Just 130R so zoom around, without incident, casio comes and goes and my serpentine compadre deliver me across the line with a shiny new 2:03.1 ghost to play with.

I have mixed feelings about this verdict, on one hand I'm glad I found something good to say about Dutch Customs but on the other hand I feel like a bit of a traitor, Holden's setups have been brilliant so far and I'm fast becoming his biggest fan. I feel like I felt when Metallica released the Load album, kinda bummed but I call it the way I see it and in this instance NLxAROSA was the better drive.

I'll give Dutch Customs 8/10 cos I feel there's still room for a bit of improvement here, maybe the ride is a little too planted and some of that skin could be shed in favour of a little bit extra bite but TLD, in this reviewers opinion is too far the other way and 6/10, that's be a 7 if you stopped 2nd gear topping out.

Perhaps a better driver would make more of the TLD ride, I'm not the most subtle driver in the pack but I reckon I'll shave the final couple of secs lap time from Dutch Customs Viper, long before I've tamed the LTD beast.

Thanks for the good review. And no need to apologise for the other review, if you think the car sucked, so be it. It actually forced me to re-evaluate the way I'm doing things and that shows in the Viper. I spent a lot of time getting it right, and I paid attention to the remarks you made (and n4hs's remarks as well). I'm still learning here, but I feel I'm making progress in certain areas. Other areas (like gearing and springs among other things) still need working on. But hey, Rome wasn't built in one day was it? ;)

Nice topic! Nice read. Liked the comparison on the viper! I think the tunes will also come done to the drivers as you said. Schumachers tune will be different than that from Raikonen's but both go fast. With one tune you can do more than the other. Until now the 147 TLD is the best tune I've driven. It suits my driving style and I'm a better driver probably with the lowered power cars than the higher powered cars. Second favorite is the Integrale. I would have no problem doing some testdrives if I only had more spare time. ;)

* No drifting, No Oval and not above 700PP

Kind regards,
galgospeed

I got beaten? This doesn't feel nice.:lol: I'm driving DC's tune to see the differences. (I didn't get much wheelspin in 2nd gear in mine).

Ok I'll update things now to include that comparison review and Galgospeeds volunteer.

I'm now back from my break to so should be able to work around my exams and so on. One exam tomorrow then a week plus before my next one :sly: It's Gran Turismo... i mean uhh revision time. Yes... 'revision'.

hey any of the test drivers able to give the tune below a shot. Please let me know what you think and any suggestions to improve it as it is a work in progress.

Renault Clio v6 tuned, 600pp, suzuka, pro

I'll take that for a spin for ya. Give me 30 mins or so.

EDIT: Never mind, the sets ups been removed (although i could get it from a quote in the thread) Tell me when it's ready J-PaP either by adding me on PSN, private message or replying here.

Ok I'll update things now to include that comparison review and Galgospeeds volunteer.

I'm now back from my break to so should be able to work around my exams and so on. One exam tomorrow then a week plus before my next one :sly: It's Gran Turismo... i mean uhh revision time. Yes... 'revision'.

I'll take that for a spin for ya. Give me 30 mins or so.

EDIT: Never mind, the sets ups been removed (although i could get it from a quote in the thread) Tell me when it's ready J-PaP either by adding me on PSN, private message or replying here.

Sorry about that I actually removed it because the best I managed with that tune was a 1.13.3xx and today I've managed a 1.12.596 out of the clio with only the power and weight reduced as much as posisble and nothing else touched. Not sure if I will publish another clio tune but I'll definitely have another stab at it the next few days.

Sorry about that I actually removed it because the best I managed with that tune was a 1.13.3xx and today I've managed a 1.12.596 out of the clio with only the power and weight reduced as much as posisble and nothing else touched. Not sure if I will publish another clio tune but I'll definitely have another stab at it the next few days.

Ok, it's a car I've generally avoided because i simply don't like hatches much on the whole. I'll gladly test your set up when you get one sorted though, I'm sure i can help a little.

Ok, it's a car I've generally avoided because i simply don't like hatches much on the whole. I'll gladly test your set up when you get one sorted though, I'm sure i can help a little.

Thanks. I don't have any plans to tune anymore hatches actually after the clio so should have a few more cars you might be interested in trying in the future.

A review of this car would be great. You'll have to do it in 750 PP Free Run though thanks to tyre restrictions. Thanks in advance.

I'm racing right now, give it time see if someone else picks it up. Im not a clio fan lol.

I'll do it later if no-one else has.

EDIT: Pretty please someone else do the review of the TLD Clio? :lol:
No but seriously if no-ones took it up by tomorrow when i get up, i'll do it myself.

Ok i'll do it myself :lol: Sorry for double post but it's so you'll be aware im writing the review and no-one else need do, watch this post for an edit when i'm done in 30-60 mins. Review will go in TLD thread.

Ok i'll do it myself :lol: Sorry for double post but it's so you'll be aware im writing the review and no-one else need do, watch this post for an edit when i'm done in 30-60 mins. Review will go in TLD thread.

Thanks man. I have a few 750 PP cars coming you might make time yourself to drive though.;)

Just finished the Clio review, apolagies for my anti Clio comments :lol: But i do dislike that Clio, you'll see what i mean, great set up though.

I expect to do an upgrade on the Skyline Coupe (which seems to handle itself quite well on the new S2 600PP I must say), the Amuse/Opera 350Z, the Corvette/Tuned and the Mine's GTR. So more work coming this way. :P

I expect to do an upgrade on the Skyline Coupe (which seems to handle itself quite well on the new S2 600PP I must say), the Amuse/Opera 350Z, the Corvette/Tuned and the Mine's GTR. So more work coming this way. :P

And I plan to release some new cars that will wipe the floor with positive praise for being such turn-arounds in handling ability. I dunno if I'll need to ask to have them to be reviewed, Dragonistic and associates may review them of their own accord.

Back