Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
:cheers: thank you guys at MFT. i,ve only tried a few of your cars wow i hired a finn and won!!!!! keep up the good work thanks for the srt..... we have run the wheels off it look forward to many more

I'm now inspired to write a pageful of reviews, so look out for when it comes. Just browsing through the list, I found many cars that I have, or have easy access to, so I figured, why not.

help lol my fiance just took my controller she just loves the evo from mft trying toget her interested in gt4 shes turning laps in the 50s with it ...thanks mft a 56.768 lap at tsukuba and a 44.090 at autumn mini not bad for a first timer huh

Test Drive: Nismo R13.

I tested this car at the Citi de amalfi (which is mostly a tight touge style track) This car was very driveable and controllable through the ends and bends. If you give it too much throttle in 1st or 2nd gear the rear feels like it wants to kick out but it doesn't 👍 Signs of good track car on street tires.

This gets a 9/10 from me. 👍

btw, after reviews can you still fill out a request for a car to be tuned? I'm thinking the BMW 2002 :sly:

Did I hear a tuning request?:dopey: I'm more than willing to do this. PM me the wanted specifications and I'll get on to it.

Interesting. It seems nice, but somehow I don't really want to see one of these - such a common tuner car - at MFT. And, this definitely could've been done on S Tires, so I'm slightly sad you didn't. Though, you've already got an Evo on S Tyres, so that niche is full.
As unfortunate it is, this far our most reviewed car has been the Grim R34per, based on the most used tuner car in the entire game. On the other hand, the more obscure car we make, the higher is the chance that it gets buried in the archives. Many good cars have gone without much notice while some gather most of the interest. As much as I hate to say it, some "fanboy factor" really does exist on certain cars and this Evo was built to make good use of that factor.

Had I made the car on sports tyres it would have been nothing special, there are already a ton of those around. The makeshift rallycross tune was just about the only choice to be different but apparently it wasn't a good idea either.

Well it may be that football to the back of my head (don't ask) thats causing me to do this, but I think I'll review the Daihatsu Copen Pokemon edition and the D1GP "Hello Kity" Mistu I for kicks :crazy:

Don't worry though, I haven't gone mad, just wait 'till wednesday, That's my last day of school as a Senior at my highschool, after that then I'll be free ("Thank God almighty, we are free at last")

If you could put together a list of car's you'd like to see reviewed, post it here and then I'll see what I can do before I leave for college 👍

Hi, ive readed some threads and i whas thinking about some help with tuning my Alfa Romeo 147 Gta '02, if u need any more information to say me the best tuning parts, please ask

If you would like the 2 master tuners here to help you out, you have to help them out by reviewing one of their cars, like so (here's the reviews guys :sly:)

Daihatsu Copen Pokémon Premium

This car, this car was actually surprisingly relaxing to drive, the notes mention it as a hopeless understeering headache to drive, but I have to strongly disagree, this is one of the most relaxing cars I’ve driven in quite some time, and here’s my reasoning.

I went out to Autumn Ring seeing how bringing it to a wide, more open course would’ve been pointless as the car is obviously no GT machine, so I went out and before I had even crossed the Start line, it had already found a soft-spot in me, because those first few corners leading up to it was all it needed to show me how controllable it is.

Its very smooth around the corners, with under-steer or wheel-spin showing up only around the sharper bends under full throttle, but back it off just a little, and the car grips quite nicely, and it brakes quickly thanks to the low-weight, allowing you to tuck into the corner early and keep the corners tight which is fundamentally an excellent way to drive FF’s, instead of getting under-steer trying to sweep through corners.

All in all, an excellent Sunday driver that’s capable of being a “learning” car for those who are still learning proper technique, as the car has you practice the basics and not have to worry about ‘coming out of the corner too fast’, ‘going in too slow’ and other problems that are encountered when a learning driver is placed in a car they aren’t yet ready for, Matter of fact I recommend those of you who are looking to see how to better drive FF’s practice in this one, it’s really that nice of a FF 👍

9/10, This is truly a excellent car guys, just like the old-school Celica that made driving fun again for me

Mitsu i "D1GP Hello Kitty Spec"

If you think RWD Impreza’s, Skyline’s, and Scion TC’s are weird, you haven’t seen MFT’s D1GP machine. :crazy:

Although I’ll never understand why Hello Kitty is the mascot, don’t under-estimate this kitty, with the right driver behind the wheel (and maybe a speed restriction placed on the other car :scared:), this little concept can easily hang with the best of the D1GP, once you get it sideways it easily stays there with the right power-band/gear relation use, however the one of problems with this car is getting it sideways in the first place.

The car simply does not respond to any of the normal D1GP techniques, E-brake, Braking drift, Power-over, etc, and instead only gets sliding with the use of old-school mountain techniques such as weight-transfers and throttle-release. I believe this is because of the grade of the front tires, being N1’s they pretty much do nothing but slide, if they could be swapped out for N2’s I believe the car would become more responsive to driver input.

The other problem is the gearing and power-band relation. I constantly found myself either too low of a rpm in a higher gear to produce power, or too high of a rpm in a lower gear and bouncing of the limiter, to the point where it sounded like the car had a mis-firing system, both of which cause the car to bog down and stay in line, if this could some-how be corrected to where I can always have power no-matter where I am in the powerband, the car would be much more fun in the corners.

7/10, When your sliding its quite fun (then again when isn’t it ? :P), but the work of getting it sideways and keeping it there with the awkward gearing killed the fun about every 2-3 corners.

Once you have reviewed a car for them like that, then they will be happy to help see what can be done with your car 👍

i pmd you about setting me up a mustang cobra, for street racing. no reply i,ve tried several of your cars very impressed with them !!!! what i,m looking for is a car with lots of torque, lots of acceleration in a short distance. lowered stance.and good brakes. and drivable enough for a noobie [ my fiance] oh by the way she just loves the evovIII . also made for use with a ds2 controller

Pickie: They're Finnish. That means it's always 11 hours later for them than for you (if my math is correct). Don't expect an instant response.

Don't worry though, I haven't gone mad...
9/10, This is truly a excellent car guys, just like the old-school Celica that made driving fun again for me
:odd: I have a very hard time trying to make those two sentences correlate with each other. :lol:

Seriously though, I may have been a bit harsh for the Copen but it really failed to impress on any front usually connected to racing. The power curve was the last straw, engines with high rev power peaks suit me well but this one struggles to pull to the redline... not good. But thanks for the review, you know the system, I hope.

pickie825491 - Don't worry, you haven't been forgotten. Just put on the back burner for a couple of days as the entire GT4 at the moment. I'll get back to it tomorrow or on Wednesday. If you could PM me for the tyres you want on the car and the desired top speed (for that acceleration goal) as well as any details you want to be taken care of it would make my job much more accurate.

Test Drive: Seat Ibiza Cupra R

At first this car didn't really feel right. Somehow it really felt like someone had intentionally made it understeer more than it would should be possible. Pretty quickly I found the reason: My right foot. Of course it feels like crap if I floor it on second gear in every corner.

After ten laps on Grand Valley I felt really comfortable about the way this car handeled. After a handfull of experimental races it was clear that this one rips apart every FF-opponent available. Three second places in clubman cup(lost to Team MR2&Elise) on the other hand confirmed the potential and the drawbacks of this vehicle:

+The suspension setting fits certain driving styles(my own) and the whole car in general feels very good and balanced.

-Sruggles with the typical FF-problems. Unstable under braking--> Sudden decrease in turning radius at a certain point of braking.

Anyhow, if in hands of someone less ambitious than myself, this is a good little car to drive.

7.5/10

wow you guys done it again... im not much at writing reviews i can only agree with DE its a fun car that deserves a lot of respect i tried it at midfield on n3s oh boy was that fun,but i still managed a 1:16 .486 on those tires .i just love the way it corners it dives in hangs on and your ready for the next one .the brakes are just right in fact i scrapped the front roll pan a couple of times oops me bad basically i really like it alot. only thing i need to know is where do you get your shot ....when it bites you... thanks greycap 👍:cheers:

hey,could you tune caterham ? This in gt4 is not maybe so fast like r500 and etc. but still it is great machine that shows how low weight can do car exciting to drive

Here's the first 2 of 5 coming reviews guys, with the first 2 being the rally cars 👍

Toyota Celica GT4 RC Gr.A'91

First “tuned” rally car I’ve ever driven/tested, everything else (of my own) I just guessed at the settings that would help me win, and never really bothered to precisely tune a rally car of my own, street or actual car, so it was a good experience for me to test this car as well as the others.

I went out to Chamionix , with the Celica up first out of the rally cars, after setting up the car I went for a couple of laps around the track, taking wide lines and tight lines, and on the third I went for both, depending on the corner, and eventually had my impression of the car.

In straight lines, the car excels in acceleration and de-celeration, with plenty of grip to keep the tires planted on the road and not spinning, even in the front, but once you start to hit the corners, things start to change. Turn-in is moderate, with a little hesitation before the cars response, and would easily be countered if you could get the rid to slide out faster, but in this car, that is a small problem.

It feels like the car hasn’t got much torque, I can go into a corner, turn, slide, and set myself up for a drift through corner, leaving all that’s left as to just stomping on the gas and get the tires spinning, but when I do, the car does not seem to move that much, it may just be me, but when I go to floor it expecting a good increase in accel, and in return get little movement, it makes the whole car feel dead, and it kills some of the fun in corners, I want to power-slide, but w/o a good amount of torque, the wheels just stay planted, though I guess that is a good thing, but I prefer more sliding than grip in rally conditions

Other than that, it is a good rally car with plenty of control to maneuver through a course with little difficulty, I’d say…7.5 out of 10

Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Gr. A '89

The second half of MFT’s premiere rally car duo, The Galant, is in my opinion an interesting choice for a rally car platform, but to each their own, I tested the Galant at Chamionix as well.

After a couple of laps, my desire to slide was ful-filed, this car handles quite differently from the Celica, where it hesitated, the Galant provide push, where I’d set the Celica up to slide, only to have it stay put, the Galant handled like a FF with R5’s up front and N1’s in the back, with the rear kicking out swiftly allowing me to slide as I wanted

This car also feels like it has more punch to it as well, when I floor it, the car responds and takes off out of corners nicely, no noticeable lag or such, however braking seems a little bit softer than the Celica, requiring a little bit more distance to brake necessarily

The more aggressive of the two cars, for those who like to slide in rallies with a little bit of kick, I’ll say 8/10

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I would say you could expect some more tomorrow, but the remaining 3 are a little on the rare-side, so Im not sure how soon I'll get them and start the review, but don't worry, I'll do it as soon as I can

Don't forget about my AE86 either :sly:, I'm looking forward to driving it 👍

Mitsubishi Evolution VI RS "Raiden"'99

533 bhp, 627Nm, 1071 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 5
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Variable Centre Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 10.0 / 7.5
Ride Height: 112 / 132
Bound: 7 / 10
Rebound: 10 / 7
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: -2 / -1
Stabilizers: 3 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 4

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.045
2nd: 1.399
3rd: 1.065
4th: 0.865
5th: 0.720
6th: 0.600
Final Gear: 4.875

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 10/10
Acceleration: 10/13
Deceleration: 10/25

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 40

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

This is yet another one-off concept from the Ralliart, that never got into the showrooms. Even the always stalking automotive paparazzis missed this bog-standard looking Evolution VI RS. Nothing in its body revealed that it was harnessing power that could have destroyed nearly any current supercar in terms of acceleration and driveability. There was only one hint, and it was cut slicks, subtle enough to fool the spy photographers. You might wonder why it has such an impressive tyre set if its "a mere Evolution". Well, there iare 533 reasons why it has those tyres, and those 533 reasons have 627 friends to back them up if there's need. And if you want to take her for a spin ( not literally!), you'll find out why it was named as "Raiden" after a famous Japanese WWII Fighterplane.

P.S. There are some bags in the glovebox if motion sickness surprises. ;)

why increase rigidity? dont that make it more stiffer in the corners,also don,t that decrease the speed some ? any way i,ll give it a try let you know what happens i dont know what happened i set it up accordingly and i only get 506bhp whats up?

A Mini-update on my progress: The MR-2 of Greycap's that I complained about so much a while ago, I can now drive with total coherence at high speeds, though I'm doing it by subtle smoothness, not huge oversteer. I'm starting to truly fall in love with that car, it's great at what it does. I've even gotten it around the N-Ring in one piece, and with a 7:30 time!

I still have no idea whatsoever how he manages to drift it hugely at speed, linking the high-speed S-Turn to the second hairpin of GVS. (Unless I misunderstood?)

Here's my review of the Cobra R guys

Ford Mustang MFT Cobra R

This mustang was in the old Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 game, with which I spent countless hours driving through the games forest backdrop, back then it was a really fun car, and I hoped that the same would apply to GT4

Unfortunately, not so much for this tune of the car, It has one thing going for it, and only one thing, that being acceleration is quick, but then again it’s a muscle car, why wouldn’t it ?

Everywhere else, this car is sub-par, it under-steers into and out of corners, takes a while to brake from a good speed, spins the tires in the first 2 gears and 3rd if you push it, and you can’t even slide it comfortably, for there’s a very, very thin line between gripping, and spinning out, with no middle ground, so basically if you slide, you’ll either spin or kickback will straighten you out (and then slide you the other way into a fishtail)

It’s a 6.5/10, there’s not much to enjoy from the car unless you’re a fan of its type and try ignoring its faults

just thought i,d let you know after 3 laps at gvs i,m turning laps of 1:53.452, 1:54.352 and 1:53.451 3laps trial mnt 1:28.331, 1:28.177and 1:27/973and lastly laguna seca 1:28.580, 1:28.334and 1:28.176 and i kicked up the camber to 6.7 and 1.7 the car handles good no roll in the corners braking is good plenty of speed thanks guys its a fun car to drive . i hpoe this the place to post my times oh i was using the evo vi

hey guys i reviewed this car yesterday;
Map; New York. it took me 1.47.62min
Mustang GT-S '05 its a very nice car, it brakes good at any corner but sometime it does a strange thing, idk how to say it but it happend to me at 3th gear..
i would give it a 8/10. i dont really like cars below top speed 200mp/h

Kurei (about the Galant) - Reading the information written about the Galant tells you why I chose it, it's quite a historical model thinking the evolution process it started. It turned out quite well, more power would of course do it good but at least the suspension setup seems to be on the mark. Thanks! 👍

pickie825491 (about the power figure) - The car was based on a low mileage special, you probably have a normal "million miler" model.

EA11R - That's progress for you! I wouldn't say it can be drifted hugely but it can certainly be held in a slight drift through that section. Low angles but still. Smoothness is the key but occasionally the oversteer kicks in and then you'll have to be alert to correct it. Good to hear that it's working now!

Here's my review of the Vette guys, this one was really nice 👍

Chevrolet Corvette SS '96

You want to know a really funny story ?, I had recently visited the National Corvette Museum in Kentucky last month on a trip to the College I plan to attend, and I never saw this Corvette model there…

Anyways, on to business, first off I like the looks of the car, paint-job is unique and MFT’s additions to it (wheels) make it look even sharper, and the same goes for it’s handling.

I went to Infineon’s Stock car course for the test, ran a few laps and had my impression. Overall, it scores well in every category, with front tire grip being the lowest as I encountered some under-steer mid-corner here and there, everything else though, as I already said, is pretty dang good.

On some corners however, with enough gas the tires would easily spin, but there’s 500 horses under the hood so why wouldn’t it ?, what surprised me though is the amount they spin, they spin just enough to break the traction threshold, so you can floor it and spin the tires, but they’ll still launch you forward with limited grip (Un-like the wheel-spin of say, a 1000+HP Speed 12), or if your skilled enough to control it, help them make the whole car feel alive.

What I mean by that is this, the car in it’s MFT state, has a slightly soft suspension, allowing the car to roll and tilt just enough to give it that “still a street car” feeling. Driving around in it, you can feel the car roll and tilt realistically, not too much, not too little, but when you add the wheel-spin potential to that, completing the formula, you have an incredibly realistic feeling car.

Turn too much, it’ll under-steer just the right amount like a real car, floor it and the rear will want to swap spots with the front, just like a real, 500 HP FR, the car is well balanced between the two, just enough over-steer to neglect GT4’s slightly under-steer based physics, while still maintaining that Classic American car under-steer from their learning days, balancing the whole issue out, and that it gives it a very high, realistic driving feel over-all.

I’d say 9/10, power-sliding out of turns hasn’t been this fun for awhile, Great car for Muscle car enthusiasts and Handling enthusiasts alike.

Here's the first 2 of 5 coming reviews guys, with the first 2 being the rally cars 👍

Toyota Celica GT4 RC Gr.A'91

First “tuned” rally car I’ve ever driven/tested, everything else (of my own) I just guessed at the settings that would help me win, and never really bothered to precisely tune a rally car of my own, street or actual car, so it was a good experience for me to test this car as well as the others.

I went out to Chamionix , with the Celica up first out of the rally cars, after setting up the car I went for a couple of laps around the track, taking wide lines and tight lines, and on the third I went for both, depending on the corner, and eventually had my impression of the car.

In straight lines, the car excels in acceleration and de-celeration, with plenty of grip to keep the tires planted on the road and not spinning, even in the front, but once you start to hit the corners, things start to change. Turn-in is moderate, with a little hesitation before the cars response, and would easily be countered if you could get the rid to slide out faster, but in this car, that is a small problem.

It feels like the car hasn’t got much torque, I can go into a corner, turn, slide, and set myself up for a drift through corner, leaving all that’s left as to just stomping on the gas and get the tires spinning, but when I do, the car does not seem to move that much, it may just be me, but when I go to floor it expecting a good increase in accel, and in return get little movement, it makes the whole car feel dead, and it kills some of the fun in corners, I want to power-slide, but w/o a good amount of torque, the wheels just stay planted, though I guess that is a good thing, but I prefer more sliding than grip in rally conditions

Other than that, it is a good rally car with plenty of control to maneuver through a course with little difficulty, I’d say…7.5 out of 10

Don't forget about my AE86 either :sly:, I'm looking forward to driving it 👍

No worries, I'm still working on it, it'll be soon ready.

why increase rigidity? dont that make it more stiffer in the corners,also don,t that decrease the speed some ? any way i,ll give it a try let you know what happens i dont know what happened i set it up accordingly and i only get 506bhp whats up?

I used increase rigidity because the car was twitchy as hell under braking. that's also the reason for high decel value of rear diff.

Here's my review of the Cobra R guys

Ford Mustang MFT Cobra R

This mustang was in the old Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 game, with which I spent countless hours driving through the games forest backdrop, back then it was a really fun car, and I hoped that the same would apply to GT4

Unfortunately, not so much for this tune of the car, It has one thing going for it, and only one thing, that being acceleration is quick, but then again it’s a muscle car, why wouldn’t it ?

Everywhere else, this car is sub-par, it under-steers into and out of corners, takes a while to brake from a good speed, spins the tires in the first 2 gears and 3rd if you push it, and you can’t even slide it comfortably, for there’s a very, very thin line between gripping, and spinning out, with no middle ground, so basically if you slide, you’ll either spin or kickback will straighten you out (and then slide you the other way into a fishtail)

It’s a 6.5/10, there’s not much to enjoy from the car unless you’re a fan of its type and try ignoring its faults

That's what I get from trying to keep it loyal to real tuned Mustangs. really, there wasn't much more to do without a wing. in addition, I had to try and match pace of Ford GT.. :eek:

hey guys i reviewed this car yesterday;
Map; New York. it took me 1.47.62min
Mustang GT-S '05 its a very nice car, it brakes good at any corner but sometime it does a strange thing, idk how to say it but it happend to me at 3th gear..
i would give it a 8/10. i dont really like cars below top speed 200mp/h

That is a really old tune from me, thus, I'm not surprised that it doesn't behave superbly.. and considering the tires and the weight of the car, 200mph would mean SLLOOOOWWW acceleration.

Here's the 5th review request for you guys

Shelby GT350RR '65

This car, stock or tuned, is classic, and everybody knows it (even if they don’t want to admit it)

MFT’s tuned car continues the rep. of Shelby’s ol’ heritage by providing one heck of a feel. The steering response on this car is very strong and firm through my DFP, to the point it almost feels like a high power pinion and rack, turn the wheels and you can feel the angle of the tires around the corners, just like the old school racers where you didn’t have power-steering, and the car truly felt harsh and brutive with its stiffened chassis and rock solid suspension

The car was good on grip as well, plenty in the front and rear on all corners at El Captian, however invoking over-steer is a pain to do, especially when its needed in some cases, and the brakes are strong as well, however it feels a little unstable under braking, like its swaying from side to side slighty, but it may just be my mind

Overall, I’d say 8.5/10, It’s a good car with that old school feel, but it’d be it’d be even better if it had that old-school racer look 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back