(ETZ)Esattezza Autosport! Lancia Stratos "La Italiano" Model added

• Thread starter Spec M
  • 453 comments
I think I'm gonna give your Race-Spec Spirra a run against My race spec Spirra.

I'll get the review back to you.

MKT RC390 MK.1

RC390.jpg

This is model 1 of 2 of our RC390 MK. series. Its a street oriented factory powered track special, much like the M3 FPTS. The idea was to alter this platform as much as possible without increasing the horse power. What we did increase was the momentum, being able to got through corners faster at a maintaned speed was our equivalent of a higher power output. Having less use of the breaks more direct turn in, and refined acceleration and midrange keeps this car on its toes and able to compete with others above its power range. One of our test courses was Trial Mountain, with a time of 1'29.528 with S3s equipped, which is pretty succesful when compared to cars with much more power like the Saleen S7, Ford GT etc.

SPECS
V8DOHC 3459cc
357PS/5200rpm
361.64ft.lb/4000rpm
Weight-1038kg

PARTS LIST
Brake Controller
FC-Trans
FC-Suspension
Tires- S3
Weight Reduc. (Stage 3)

SETTINGS

Suspension
Rates: 11.3 / 13.1
Ride Height: 61 / 63
Bound: 7 / 8
Rebound: 6 / 7
Camber: 2.7 / 1.7
Toe: -1 / 0
Stabilizers: 5 / 6

Trans
  1. 3.735
  2. 2.608
  3. 1.947
  4. 1.520
  5. 1.241
  6. 1.060
Final: 3.429
Auto: 8

Brake Bias
Front: 5 Rear: 6

RC3901.jpg

Soprano's Own, Hero Z

hero2.jpg

This is one of my dream cars. To start off I would like to say I wish I could do more with this cars power output. I'm satisfied with every aspect of this vehicle otherwise. I couldn't ask for more when it comes to handling. I enjoy taking corners with this more than I do with my own Elise 111R and S.S. AE86. Its even drift-able and from my own personal experience it does help shave times when needed. This is more of my personal country road and canyon runner. Just like Tak Fuji was one with the 86, I'm one with this Z. I've test and tuned this car on Cost di Amalfi and manged to keep an average time of 2'11.743. A stock 111R may run an average 2'15. and a WRC car on its worst day may a 2'07. so I,ve considered this to be a pretty desent performer. Only thing thats missing is more power which hopefully will be available GT5. Until then this will remain one of my favorite canyon run, and drift cars.

Specs
L6/SOHC 2753cc
302PS/5200rpms
321.00ft.lb/4000rpm
Weight: 1078kg

PARTS LIST
R-Ehaust
R-Brakes & Controller
N/A Tuned (Stage 3)
Port Polish
Engine Balance
R Chip
FC Trans
TR Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tires
Weight Reduction (Stage 3)
Oil Change

SETTINGS

Suspension
Rates: 5.3 / 6.8
Ride Height: 100 / 102
Bound: 7 / 7
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 2.6 / 1.3
Toe: 0 / 0
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Trans
  1. 3.114
  2. 2.157
  3. 1.593
  4. 1.231
  5. 0.967
  6. 0.818
Final: 3.700
Auto: 11

LSD
Initial: 10
Accel: 40
Decel: 20

hero3.jpg

GO HERO!

Thank you guys for RC390 MK.1. This car is like it is on rails, no matter you do to it, it is forgiving. I like this car alot. The only mistakes that were made was driver eer.
pros:great car
con: needsalittle more power.
i give this car a 9 1/2 out 10. thank for a great car.đź‘Ť:)

Thank you guys for RC390 MK.1. This car is like it is on rails, no matter you do to it, it is forgiving. I like this car alot. The only mistakes that were made was driver eer.
pros:great car
con: needsalittle more power.
i give this car a 9 1/2 out 10. thank for a great car.đź‘Ť:)

Thanks! I really appreciate the review phone. I'am currently working on a full-out race version which will of course have increased horse power maybe even the maximum amount. Also im going to add some downforce and test it on R2s as well as S3s. This time around I aiming to get close to some Le Mans P1 lap times.

mustangGT90210: im looking forward to seeing your results bro.

Lotus Esprit '02

The brief for this build was to modify the Esprit such that it could win the Japanese GT World Championship, more or less regardless of the grid that turned up and do so with as high a points reward as possible (within the limits imposed by the pro-Japanese organising body).

This required significant restructuring of the car, with the following hardware modifications made:

Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Racing Tyres (Grade 3)
Stage 2 Turbo Kit
Sports Intercooler
Racing Brakes and Balancer
Racing Suspension
Fully Custom Gearbox
Triple-Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Aero-Parts (aka Wing)
Fully-Custom LSD

Given the shortness of the races in the series, tyre wear was given a secondary status, so handling corrections did not have to be sacrificed for the sake of wear-balance. Given the requirement for 'points', the car was run for a couple of thousand miles during testing and development, such that the measured horsepower was at 474 come race day.

The difficulties in this build were manifold, largely brought on by the inclusion of rubber joints at the mid-point of the chassis and the choking of the gearbox to a lowly five-speed. The organisers assured us that this was necessary for grid-compensation when British MR cars were entered. What can you do?

However, by dint of much effort over the course of six months, we managed to dial in the car to the extent that we can offer tunes that will fit most of the track 'types' the owner will encounter; including one for the superlative Nurburgring.

For this presentation, we shall concentrate on the set-up fpr R246 in Tokyo.

Brakes: 5/4
Srings: 8.5/14.3
Ride Height: 124/119
Damper B: 5/6
Damper R: 6/10
Camber: 2.6/1.3
Toe: -2/0
Stabaliser: 6/5

TCS: 1 (optional)

Downforce: 23/25

LSD: 10/24/24

Ballast: 186 @ -10

We anticipate that lap times in the low 1'38's will be the average with this build but care will be required in braking for turn 4, where oversteer can show up if the brakes are 'trailed'.

Conversely, braking for the fast right/left 'slalom' (turns 6 and 7) MUST be done early, if at all or the car will slide into the wall as it will be unbalanced over the 'dip'. Trust us, running into the wall sideways at 140mph plus is no fun. The best way to handle this section is to lift and aim for the rumble strip at the inner-apex of turn 7, straightening the steering to kiss the outer rumble strip on exit. This will enable an exit speed of mid-to-high 140's without damaging the paint.

Enjoy.

Post Script: If drivers find that the car is not competative for them in it's current trim (especially with the HP worn down) then a Stage 2 Weight Reduction should do the trick without upsetting the balance too much or requiring a change to the gear ratios.

just took it out for a go on trial mountian .. and after a couple warm up laps i turned a 1:35.265 1:28.026 .first time i tried one of your setups and it didn,t dissapoint. what i like about it is first off no massive hp , it just goes to show you you dont need it. when drive it right . lots of pick up .good solid ride ,no jumping around on the track handles like its on a rail the brakes are just right 4 me anyway ,keep up the good work. thanks MKT for a fun car to drive đź‘Ťđź‘Ť:cheers::cheers:

:cheers: Wow sukerkin! Im really impressed by the amount of detail you put into your presentation, its actually one of the best I've seen. I was wondering what happen to you because I hadn't seen you on in a while. I guess its benefitial to remind my self that many people have different time zones than my own. Anyway im glad to see you working with MKT Precision! We really are proud to have you working here. Your experience alone fortifies our credability and foundation that this garage was built upon. I will be adding some items on to the store front (first page) that will further represent you and display what whatever suites your taste. I will send you a PM to get the details of what you would prefer, but in the meantime welcome to MKT Precision Sukerkin!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Many thanks for the kind responses, gentlemen. If people are interested in the other set-ups for this car that we have prepared then drop us a line and, if Soprano agrees (he's the boss after all :D) we can put them up.

The R246 set-up is also good for fast and smooth circuits such as Suzuka or Motegi. We have one for smooth but tight circuits; Hong Kong for example. We further have one for more uneven tracks, like Trial Mountain. The final dial-in, which is the one I'm proudest of, is specifically for the Nurburgring.

Im open minded to any ideas you have sukerkin. Im pretty sure whatever is in your interest will suite the garage just fine. I totally agree, if you want to display another variant or if someone request them I'd be happy to see them.

I only just noticed there is a new member here. Aussie Tuners didn't get the message, now we can shoot the messenger ;)

*offers 12 gauge to Holdenboy like a butler* Your shotgun sir. :P

Congrats Sukerin. đź‘Ť Be good to see your tunes soon. And Soprano, are you hiring extra people or is Sukerin it??

No, I'm not applying. :P

:eek:

{ducks behind sofa}

{holds up sign stating "I'm not a messenger, I'm an engineer!"} :D

Afternoon gentlemen - it's good to see that the 'tuning' scene is still bubbling for GT4. I thought it might have died off with the GT5P coming out but it actually seems to have improved if anything :).

:eek:

{ducks behind sofa}

{holds up sign stating "I'm not a messenger, I'm an engineer!"} :D

Afternoon gentlemen - it's good to see that the 'tuning' scene is still bubbling for GT4. I thought it might have died off with the GT5P coming out but it actually seems to have improved if anything :).

*Lowers shotgun in disappointment* Well the messenger has to be hiding somewhere.
All improved except MFT, RCV and AT who have nearly dropped of the radar completely. On a different island though, "The Lion's Den" gets more business in one week than the entire GT4 community gets in a month.:P

I only just noticed there is a new member here. Aussie Tuners didn't get the message, now we can shoot the messenger ;)

Sorry we've been kinda busy outside the garage. Notice we haven't changed the date or had an update in 5 days.

Soprano, are you hiring extra people or is Sukerin it??

No, I'm not applying. :P

The help wanted signs will come down but anyone who is interested can apply. I dont plan on limiting the company to two engineers, but we should do fine if no one else comes around. But the doors are still open.

I just wanted to say WOW. I like what you guys are doing! and congrats for the partner keep doing what your doing. I'm still waiting on that wagon man.đź‘Ť

O'yea, shoman! I think about that darn thing everyday and still haven't fine tuned it. On my next day off I'll spend some time with it though. I haven't forgot about our spot race either. I found a nice 1990 Infiniti but the maximum power availabe is about 330ps. I love the thing though, especially the gearing. I can get a 1'01.xxx on Tskuba which is nice but thats not good enough. Since theres nothing else I can do to increase the power I may have to just keep my eyes open in the used car lot for something else. Oh! and thanks alot for the complament!

Lotus Esprit V8 '02 806HP

Designed to a brief that she should be able to win with maximum A-Spec points at the Nurburgring in the Real Circuit Tours series (Extreme Hall), this Esprit was certainly an excercise in the art of compromise.

We needed enough power to turn in sub-6'30" laps but had to use hard enough grade tyres to last those two laps. The influx of that much horsepower through a turbo gave us problems with handling into and out of corners. Snap oversteer as the drive-train locked up on power-off and turgid understeer as the turbines spooled up again on the way out were the things that needed to be overcome. At the same time we had to ameliorate as best we could the very heavy rear tyre wear.

Handling wise, the major problem areas of the circuit were the bumpy hollow at Fuchsrohre:

The entry to Kallenhard

The exit to Angst Kurve

The passage through Pflanzgarten II

and, most difficult of all, the chicane complex at Tiergarten

We have to admit that not all the technical challenges were conquered completely. Driver talent and preferences at these levels is always going to be an important determining factor as to how successful a set-up is. However, compared to the nightmare we inherited with the supplied parts, the car handles well.

Things to watch for are transient steering anomalies that come from the uneven nature of the course. She responds to a firm, quick, hand on the wheel.

Control of throttle levels is likewise very important - this is an edgy MR at near maximum power and foot-to-the-floor at all times will only earn you an
early grave. Conversely, she likes to be braked hard, with pressure lifted as speed drops to allow the nose to tuck in.

Tiergarten especially is a balancing act between throttle and brake to hit each apex, whilst retaining steering control and keeping the back-end where it should be. For lap two, we really recommend that you brake early to drop your entry speed to the first element after the bridge - your rear tyres will have lost significant grip and may well let-go on you if you attempt to brake too late and there is any steering-lock applied at the same time.

Rest assured, at this point you will have enough lead to take the chicane complex safely - the softer tyred LM's will be spinning themselves to oblivion somewhere back down the Dottinger-Hohe and the lesser 'lights' you will have left behind long previously.

The test field our driver beat was made up of:

Playstation Pescarolo C60 Race Car '04
Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
Peugeot 905 Race car '92
Audi R8 Race Car '01
Gillet Vertigo Race Car ;04

Hardware Modifications:

Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Racing Tyres (R2)
Stage 4 Turbo Kit
Racing Intercooler
Racing Brakes & Balancer
Racing Suspension
Fully Custom Gearbox
Triple-Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Aero Parts (aka Wing)
Fully Custom LSD

Stage 3 Weight Reduction

Adjustable Equipment Settings:

Brakes: 7/5

Springs: 9.9/9.5
Ride Height: 124/124
Damper B: 4/5
Damper R: 9/8
Camber: 2.6/1.3
Toe: -1/0
Stabaliser: 4/2

Gears:

Final 3.670 AutoSet 17

The gears were set using Final 3.889 @ AutoSet 17 and manually adjusted.

TCS: 2 (an aid to control rear tyre wear, not required for handling purposes)

Downforce: 20/30
LSD: 7/35/29

Ballast 166 @ -15

Engineering Notes: It is undoubtably the case that the adjustments that made this tune work in the end were in the differential. I'd almost given up hope of conquring the deficiencies in lap times until I worked on the Custom LSD more carefully.

However, it is hard to overestimate the contribution of properly balanced Dampers - without them this win would not have been possible (note the flatness in the air over the jump at Flugplatz).

This garage gets better every time I come here you sly photoshopping dog.:sly: It's a shame that AT has sort of died off just as we began our partnership. The good news is once GT5 coms out I look forward to working with you often. Except we will be called The Lion's Den in GT5.

Sukerkin: Another one of the most thorough presentations I've seen thus far. I of course, applied your settings to one of my own just to add to my collection and I must say you've done it again.

nd 4: Yessir! I've been meaning to arrange a type of meeting just to go over a conceptual idea of how things will be in GT5. Also I have a couple of business plans that you may be interested in. I'll PM you as well as my partner sukerin later on once everything is sorted.

My thanks, Soprano. I nearly gave up with this one I have to admit. I'd done a 622HP R-Tyred version for the 'Ring before and didn't anticipate that simply changing the turbo and cooler would require a complete re-invention of the suspension and drive train :lol:. I got there in the end tho'; victory was very sweet I can tell you (and surprisingly easy for 200 A-Spec).

I plan on adding some observations into the 'tune' post above to describe how I got around the problem areas I highlighted.

nd 4: Yessir! I've been meaning to arrange a type of meeting just to go over a conceptual idea of how things will be in GT5. Also I have a couple of business plans that you may be interested in. I'll PM you as well as my partner sukerin later on once everything is sorted.

I look forward to it.:)

I have a near-maxed out Brit Luxury Bruiser on the brink of being ready to be posted up.

The suspension might need a bit of honing, altho' she's fabulous as she is, so give me another day for some experiments to iron out a bit of understeer without trashing the tyres. As it is she beat a field of LM's and their ilk to win at the Nurburgring (same race as the Lotus above).

Wow sounds intriguing! Once I finish my BMW project im going to start developing a new high powered Le Mans inspired car. That Group C I spoke of has been taken around Nurburging a few times and it seems I didn't have to do much to the settings to get the best out of it. But im going to continue to work on it.

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

I’ve been wanting to create a competative Aston Martin Vantage for an absolute age but could never find a race with the cars and the venue to allow a high horse-power heavy-weight to stand a chance for decent A-Spec.

The fact that the PD Pro-Nissan Brigade struck yet again and so would not allow you to put that high-power down to the road was an extra handicap. Apparently it’s something only Japanese cars can do…

… tho’ I could’ve sworn I’d seen a TVR Speed 12/Lister Storm/GTSR Viper being able to do that just fine in the British GT :confused: :lol: (what do you mean, “It’s just a game?” :D).

Anyhow, griping aside, the brief for this was the same as for the Esprit I did previously; that is, be able to win for 200 A-spec points on the Nurburgring hosted race of the Extreme Hall Real Circuit Tours.

I won’t mislead everyone, it will take some luck to do this. The car handles excellently for it’s size and it’s top-end is good (not as fast as the Esprit but it still goes over 200mph) but having to baby the ‘acceleration gears’ and having the tyres eaten off the rims by the end of two laps really hurts. Second Lap times are generally of the order of 6’ 37”, with the First Laps being a few seconds slower. What is needed for victory tho’ is for the AI not to be able to handle it’s tyre wear.

The grid I had success with was:

RX-7 LM Race Car
Audi R8 Race Car
R89C Race Car
Ford GT LM Race Car
BMW V12 LMR Race Car

To do this, the Aston Martin was almost fully enhanced, with HP up at 801.

The required changes to the hardware were:

Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Roll Cage

Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Stage 3 NA Tune
Racing Tyres (R2 Grade)
Racing Brakes and Balancer
Racing Suspension
Fully Custom Gearbox
Triple-Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Prop Shaft
Aerodynamic Modifications (aka Wing)
Fully Custom LSD

A successful race might have highlights such as these:

The first two passes were made just after Flugplatz on Lap 1

Then a long wait for the third pass, courtesy of the pits:

You have to make those passes stick:

Especially with unexpected hazards:

Taking the lead:

It may have been mentioned that you have to make those passes stick:

Victory nearly assured:

Taking that win was a definite punching the air moment I have to confess and the handling of the car is superb – what won the race was building up a lead down the last straight and still being able to chuck the Vantage into Tiergarten at full speed, despite the shot tyres. Brake … gear … brake … gear and wince through the wheel spin to the line :D.

The setup that I whittled for this was:

Brakes: 1/5
Springs: 17.2/15/1
Ride:83/83
Damper B: 6/6
Damper R: 8/8
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 0/0
Stabilizer: 5/5

Gears: 3.540 @ 13 then adjust to:

TCS: 3
Downforce: 30/25
LSD: 8/40/16
Ballast: 1 @ +10

My apologies to Scaff for those very odd brake settings but I needed to take as much wear off the front tyres as I could - she still stops like you dropped an anchor and no tendency to oversteer either :).

I experimented quite a bit more and came up with a few tweaks that made the car even easier to drive and were a bit faster but be warned that they shred the tyres by the end of lap 2 (simply because you are going faster :():

Ride: 103/113
Stabs: 5/6

If a driver finds that having to gentle the throttle below fourth gear is irritating, then turn TCS up to 5 but be ready for the extra understeer as you cannot use a burst of accelerator to get the back end around quite so easily.

:drool: Very nice, if I still played GT4 I'd have driven that one.

Wishing you guys were at GT5:P already, I could have used some help the other day.

Forgive me for my inactivity, work and preparing for school is kicking my butt. Much respect for the consistancy sukerkin, another impressive production, a real display of talent and dedication. I still have a project coming through soon.., one of these days :P

Back