RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

No I was just... unofficially welcome. :P

I should have a couple of cars arriving here today so keep your eyes peeled. ;)

Oh so NOW I'm officially welcome? :P

ouch, how sad.., :lol::lol:

I'll release a couple of cars tomorrow, one of which I'm pretty sure has never been tuned before. That should get some people at least looking...

By the way, your sigs need updating. ;)

dang, that reminds me, i already have the setup for your Bread Van, but i just can't find the time to test it.., :banghead::banghead:

@ Vince247 - there's still a bit of RCV at the front page.., 👍

Chevelle ZR-1 (Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 ‘70)

Chevelle.jpg

Parts List
Sports exhaust / air filter
Racing brakes kit
Brake Controller
Port polish
Engine Balancing
Transmission / Fully customisable
Triple clutch
Racing flywheel
Variable LSD
Carbon driveshaft
Supercharger
Fully customisable suspension
Sports / Soft tyres (S3)
Weight reduction: stage 3
Increase Rigidity
Wheels (optional)

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------8.0/5.5
Ride Height:-------106/106
Shock Bound:-------6/6
Shock Rebound:-----8/8
Camber:------------2.5/2.5
Toe:---------------0/0
Stabilizers:-------3/3
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Transmission:
Autoset to 15. Then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [2.586/1.789/1.328 /1.077/0.916 /0.795]
Final of 3.000.

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: 10/35/15

Brake Balance: 8/6

Ballast Weight: 0kg

Ballast Balance: 0 (neutral)

Downforce: 0/0

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
The Chevelle SS is a typical 70s muscle car. Big V8 up front, muscular bodywork in the middle and RWD. However the problem with most 70s muscle cars is the handling. Whilst they would tear up a quarter mile no problem, ask it to tackle Tsukuba and it’ll end up being overtaken by a MX-5. So we took a mint condition Chevelle and turned it into something much better than a muscle car. We kept the engine close to its roots and didn’t install a ECU. A large supercharger was added to increase power and torque by the bucket load. The end result is 640bhp and enough torque to move a mountain. The brakes were replaced with heavy-duty disks with new callipers. The suspension was torn out and replaced with new racing spec items. We’re now proud to say that this Chevelle now handles as well as it goes. With 640bhp it really doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that you have to be gentle with the throttle in 1st and 2nd gear. Although it’s not excessive and past 3rd gear you can keep your foot planted. Don’t think with all this tuning we’ve dulled the fun of the Chevelle, because we haven’t. Show the Chevelle a nice sweeping bend, plant your foot to the floor and enjoy the smell of burnt Firestone rubber, whilst showing those Nissan Silvia drivers how to go sideways. We called this one the ZR-1, if you didn't notice.

RVV IT250R(Acura Integra Type-R ‘01)

AcuraDC2.jpg

Parts List
Sports exhaust / air filter
Racing brakes kit
Brake controller
Stage 1 NA tuning
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing chip
Transmission / Fully customisable
Triple clutch
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Fully customisable suspension
Sports / Soft tyres (S3)
Weight reduction: Stage 3
Increase Rigidity
Body Rigidity Refresher Plan
Oil change
Wheels – (optional)

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------11.0/4.0
Ride Height:-------76/76
Shock Bound:-------6/5
Shock Rebound:-----8/7
Camber:------------1.5/2.0
Toe:---------------(-2)/0
Stabilizers:-------3/3
Transmission:
Autoset to 10. Then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [2.813/1.979/1.490/1.225/1.044 /0.909]
Final of 4.000.

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: 7/30/5

Brake Balance: 6/7

Ballast Weight: 0kg

Ballast Balance: 0 (neutral)

Downforce: 0/0

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
The Acura Integra Type R, a car that gets little to no attention because it’s Honda badged brother is cheaper and much more popular with the JDM crowd. But being the Honda fan that I am, I couldn’t let this Integra forever sit in the used lots. So I bought one, this one, which didn’t even cover a mile before it was in the workshop being torn apart. We stripped the Integra of most of its weight, bringing it closer to that golden 1000kg mark. The suspension, transmission and brakes were tweaked to bring the best out of the Integra. Last but definitely not least, the engine. We took the stock B18C5, tore it to bits and then rebuilt it with new parts from Mugen. Including that fancy valve cover, in red of course. The result is a 247bhp 1.8 litre motor that’ll happily rev to 9100rpm. We changed the exhaust for a sportier one too, letting that trademark VTEC sound scream even more. The end result of this fine-tuning is an Acura Integra Type R that’ll happily tear around any track without the desire to play in the sandbox.

Red-Devil-Z-banner.jpg

Nissan > Legendary

Facts:
290 HP
1078 kg
0-60: 5.9 s
1/4 mile: 13.8 s
Top speed: 279.5 km/h / 173.67 mph
Tokyo R246: 1'56.500
Suzuka: 2'24.469
High Speed Ring: 1'18.967

Parts:
Oil Change
Wheels(optional)
Racing Exhaust
Brake Balance Controller
NA stage 3
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC suspension
S3 tires
Weight Reduction Stage 3

Settings:
BBC: 4/4

Susp:
-5.4/5.0
-109/109
-5/4
-6/5
-2.4/1.2
-0/0
-3/3

LSD: 10/35/7

Transmission:
Final 5.500 > Auto 1 > Final 3.300:
1. 2.496 4. 1.180
2. 1.845 5. 0.978
3. 1.433 6. 0.800

If you'd like it to go even faster, here's the Transmission settings Rotary Junkie made:

Reset to default. Autoset to 13, then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [2.950/2.017/1.526/1.219/1.000/0.800]
Final of 2.730

Description:

Inspired by the anime series 'Wangan Midnight', I set up this little Red Devil Z. This car is closest to the Devil Z(Nissan Fairlady Z (S30)) in the series, only it has a stubby nose. I know it hasn't got the tuned L28 engine, bored and stroked to 3.1 liters combined with twin turbos, which produces 620 bhp. Still 290 bhp isn't that bad ether. This combined with it's relatively low weight can beat quite a lot of cars, especially driven by the GT4 AI.

'Zeto' is this red devil called. It's fast, it's balanced and it's ready for a ride.

Do you want the keys? Or do you prefer to live slow, instead of die fast?

This car has been reviewed by EA11R and he gave it an astounding amount of 98.5 out of 100!

Teaser:

Click for bigger pic!

Okay, due to an utter lack of interest recently, we are now open to ANY request you might have.

One per week per customer, please. Anything goes. Save 24h Endurance prize cars.

Currently doing Le Sarthe 24h, so my PS2's been kinda tied up at the moment. Once that's over with, I'll review a couple cars and probably use up my request card from Roj.

mcsqueegy: Nah, go ahead and request it now.

If one car gives trouble I'll go work on the other and vice versa. It'll actually cut DOWN on stress if the Camaro decides to be a pain.

Damn, I'd try to review some cars and lessen the drout here, but I probably won't be able to access my DFP, and thus GT4, for about 2 months :ouch:.

I don't suppose you have any setups in GT2 that you'd like reviewed? Yeah, I miss my DFP.

GT2, though old, is still really fun to me. Much more fun, actually, than the first time, when I was 8-10 years old. Figures...

mcsqueegy: Nah, go ahead and request it now.

If one car gives trouble I'll go work on the other and vice versa. It'll actually cut DOWN on stress if the Camaro decides to be a pain.

:lol: Alright... How about the Nissan R89C? A setup needed for those tight tracks (Opera Paris etc.) that can hold up against the other LMP/group C cars, turbo or no turbo, either will do. If you don't have it, thats fine.

I think Roj has one.

I THINK.

I've got NTSC and am an admittedly crap driver, so DM34 is quite an impossibility, but I'll give it a shot.

Roj has one. ;)

Opera Paris is a track I personally despise and therefore suck at. Or do I hate it because I suck at it? :P

Anyway, I'll happily tune the R89C for you. :) Although I've never tuned a Group C for anything other than top speed so I'll probably need to do many test runs with it before I'm fully sure it's a good setup.

Any preferences on tyres, TCS or anything else?

Don't worry about the tyres, but i need enough TCS to corner properly :)(because Opera Paris gets on my nerves), but take as long as you like.

Give it time, Vince. :)

I'm sure that when after a few request cars are sent to their requesters we'll see some more requests.

Remember, there are 3 of us here at RVV, so don't feel like holding back your request because someone else already has requested a car. :)

stop the press! i dont work for rvv . i was just asking a question,thats all. sorry you guys. if i gave the wrong impression just asking about the z/28 thats all. pickie825491

I had an Audi Nuvolari that I tried using, but I couldn't get it to handle that well. Roj, there's my free tune from you. Preferably using S1 tires for long races.

I have one of those, unused, in the depths of my garages. I shall dig it out and see what I can do with it. :)

Edit: Any preferences on power?

All in all, I don't really care. Maybe a small boost over stock, but nothing huge. Also, if you can, make something that can be driven well with stock aids (for my friends) and no aids (for me) without changing the settings. (If that's even possible. If not, don't worry about it.)

Edit: Vince, your Red Devil is next on my review list. 👍

Well it has 600bhp stock, so it can stay that way, only mods availble is a racing exhaust and stage 3 & 4 turbos. I'm burning S1s with the stock settings here. :sly: I'll fix that though so don't worry. Tyre endurance and ease of use are my main piorities with this Audi.

About the aids. Well I'll tune the car without them for now, then see what aids does to it once I've finished tuning it. I think if your friends drove it without aids they'll enjoy the car more though. :)

Requests eh? How about a super fast VW Beetle to do some drags in? Or just an all around good grip race version? preferably with racing tires.
Edit: No aids either.

It can't make the power to NEED racing tires!

Fine. Will do. The KG is more fun IMO, but okay. On racing tires if you insist.

EDIT: Or do you want drag? Whichever you want more.

Back