RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

Cant be... I changed both the pictures!

I mean... there is no spelling mistake. :rolleyes:

Cant be... I changed both the pictures!

I mean... there is no spelling mistake. :rolleyes:

Lol. I saw that when it first when up. Worth a chuckle.
I made a mistake when I posted my first cars settings last night, very noobish mistake too. I forgot the Engine Balancing, and Port and Polish. Luckily it still performed like he wanted it too. Not too big of a deal, but damn, if only they had the ability to give you a settings sheet right out of gt4, where it would tell you all the unremovable parts. That'd be awesome.

Yeah that would be handy. I myself have forgotten to mention parts a few times.

But do the spelling mistakes still appear in the banners? To be they are corrected and photobucket has the correct versions also. If not I'll re-name and re-upload.

Yeah that would be handy. I myself have forgotten to mention parts a few times.

But do the spelling mistakes still appear in the banners? To be they are corrected and photobucket has the correct versions also. If not I'll re-name and re-upload.

Aha, I guess its a rookie mistake? I'm glad I was promptly notified of it by DKX, and then I soon fixed it.

Yeah the Quattro is fine, but I don't know about the second one. Cant you add text right from photobucket with the editor thing?

Aha, I guess its a rookie mistake? I'm glad I was promptly notified of it by DKX, and then I soon fixed it.

Yeah the Quattro is fine, but I don't know about the second one. Cant you add text right from photobucket with the editor thing?
I haven't used the photobucket editor but I cant imagine it's as good as photoshop.
I don't see them anymore;)

Hurray! :D

I haven't used the photobucket editor but I cant imagine it's as good as photoshop.

Hurray! :D

Its nowhere near as good as photoshop is, but its simple and quick. I honestly hate photoshop though.. My teacher I had in school never taught us to use it right.

I taught myself how to use it. Read a few tutorials about the basics, then just experimented from there. I'm no photoshop wizard though.

I'm happy with paint haha.

I like paint. I don't see why people don't like it for stuff like this. With some understanding of anti-aliasing, shading, etc., you can make some high quality images with it. :sly:

Just don't resize images with it... :indiff:

Hey Roj, I tried out your settings today in the GTWC, on Opera Paris and Hong Kong. I must say i'm impressed. I pulled mid 1'12's on Opera, which meant i gained ~3 seconds per lap! Hong Kong though... well, i suck at it. I paid Bob to do the first half, and he held 3rd, then I managed to overtake the Sauber AND the other Nissan...quite literally on the last stretch. Between us was 0.051 seconds! So...:cheers: A success!

Yay! :cheers: Good to know the R89C is doing what it was tuned to do. Kick butt, that is! :P

Anyway, thanks for coming back and telling me that my tune was a success. I appreciate it. :D:tup:

To be honest, i chose the R89C because I have a certain attachment to it, and my Jag XJR-9...I like the rear wheels being closed off. And the fact that all my other cars have MASSIVE amounts of mileage on them (my '04 Pesky and my R92CP have more than 7000 miles! It's my new car for photomode now! :D
-Macca

I too like the looks of closed rear wheels. :D I prefer the R92CP in looks though. Looks meaner, especially in black. :P

That said, both the R89C and the R92CP are both impressive machines, and their exhaust note is smexy. :D

In the previews of the photomode area I took the R89C's picture in, there is infact, a R89C posing. :P Seems even PD agree its a good photomode car. :lol:

I like paint. I don't see why people don't like it for stuff like this. With some understanding of anti-aliasing, shading, etc., you can make some high quality images with it. :sly:

Just don't resize images with it... :indiff:

I cropped the RX-7 in my tuning garage with paint, turned out pretty nice. A little bit large though. :indiff:
Other than the cropping, its unedited.:)

So a few days ago, Roj gives me a call and says my Audi's done. I told him to ship it to my house, as I was a little busy in France at the moment. 4 days later, I finish up my business and head home. I'm kinda tired from everything, but I see my car outside, and can't wait to hop in for a test drive.

One trip to Japan later, I'm standing on Fuji Speedway 90's pit road. I chose this track because, according to Roj, this is more of a "high-speed circuit racer", and this track had a lot of mid- to high-speed sweepers. As a bonus, it also has a couple low-speed sections, where I can test its low-speed cornering prowess.

First impression: I made a mistake asking for this to be tuned with S1's. :ouch: I definitely need to adjust my driving style a bit to combat the understeer these tires are giving me.

After some time testing: This definitely need some finesse-ing around the track; not a car you go out and pedal-mash with. I also noted that sometimes, the 1st gear wheelspin can actually help you get around a tight corner.

Overall: Has understeer, no matter how you put it. But with S1's, that's understandable, and it's very controlled-unless you press pedals too quickly. Very quick, too; hit 185+ MPH on frontstretch easily, and pulled to 60 MPH in 4.2 seconds (starting from 1st) or 3.9 (from 2nd).

Score: 91/100

P.S. Had some S3's laying around, so I threw them on for a little while. Instantly killed 99% of my understeer problem. S3 Score: 95/100.

Yeah, the inevitable result of using S1 tyres on a heavy 4WD coupe is indeed understeer. :ouch: But the wheelspin seemed to help on tight corners somewhat. :)

Told you it was fast despite the stock motor. :P

The car is much better on S3 tyres and actually shows you how big of a difference tyres can make. ;)

Thanks for the feedback! :D:tup:

Yeah, the inevitable result of using S1 tyres on a heavy 4WD coupe is indeed understeer. :ouch: But the wheelspin seemed to help on tight corners somewhat. :)

Told you it was fast despite the stock motor. :P

The car is much better on S3 tyres and actually shows you how big of a difference tyres can make. ;)

Thanks for the feedback! :D:tup:

No problem. Thanks for the tune; I'm impressed.

Vince's Red Devil Z: Came out to 302 bhp after the oil change; definitely a good sign, and this good sign was backed up in performance. Lovely handling, for the most part. About unpredictable out of corners; too hard out of one and you're either in the outside wall or facing the cars flying by you. But hey, what's the fun without a little bit of risk? Considering this is called the "Devil's Z", it lives up to its name; fast as hell-when you can tame it.

Score: 95/100

Thanks ty00123 for your review! That's certainly true, I love that red Devil!:)
Unpredictable, but not too much.

Anything you would like to request?

I've got my DFP back for the weekend! Vince, I hope that Z is as good as you think it is, because I've been interested in it for a while, and the time has come that I take it for a drive.

EDIT: I just did my initial testing, and the car is great, indeed. I'm not sure what 'unprdictablility' you mentioned, it's entirely predictable, yet calmly driftable through lower-2nd gear turns. I don't want to say too much yet, because I'm very tired and I know that, although I think I'm at my best, I know from experience that my driving and my observation are both criticaally damaged right now, and that I shouldn't try to say much about the car yet. That said: Lovin' it.

Also, with the 'free requests' deal going on here, I've got one, The actual Devil Z: The HS30 240ZG. Fully modified, it makes 5 more hp than the Z already here at RVV, at 307 (Why you say it has 290 is beyond me, I get 302 from mine), and a stunning 888 kilograms! Sure, it's got 33 less torques, but the remarkable weight difference should offset that fairly substantial gap in engine torque. Those are some pretty impressive specs, and much more suiting to a Devil Z's level. Technically, the car in the anime is the original Z, the S30, but for some unholy reason that gorgeous, historic car isn't in this game. So, we shall settle for the still-exquisite second-generation HS30, a car more similar to the original than the third-generation Z of this garage. If Vince decides to do it (I'll bet he now loves classic Z-cars), I'd like him to do it in the same style as his previous Devil Z (S3's, full-spec, the same handling characteristics, red :D ), and if Roj or RJ decides to do it, I'd like it as a drift car, naturally tuned to whatever specs they find most reasonable for it (though, of course, with symmetrical tyre layout and preferably whichever exhaust sounds best while driving).

I don't actually know how you get it, by buying used or winning (or witchcraft), I've got it with my cheating game save on my auxilary (< Note that I say 'auxilary.' I do not cheat where it counts, the cheating save is just a sandbox.) memory card. It stands to reason, though, that it's winnable from the Z championship. I like this method of requesting, because I'll either get a true successor (precursor?) to the Devil Z already here, or I'll get a car that looks completely awesome as it goes very sideways (see gimmicky new tuning thread, there's a picture in the index of one of these drifting that is just :drool: ) in a controllable manner (knowing your level of tuning and Nissans' general driftability).

Parentheses count: 9. I'm proud of that.

So then, I'll eagerly wait to see who picks up my request! Though, just to let you all know, I'll only have access to my DFP (And, thus, GT4) for this weekend and then not until two more weeks pass. So, umm... Either, there's no rush at all, or - There's a HUGE rush! :lol:

'Tis your call to decide on that one.

Thanks for your review, EA11R! I'm glad you got hold of your DFP again, because we've got something coming up you might enjoy. It's something totally different compared to what we've done before and much more a challenge. In short: keep your heads up for the RVV thread in the next couple of days!

240z.sized.jpg

Nissan 240ZG (HS30) 1971
May be won by completing all 5 races in the (Japan) Nissan dealership, Club "Z" (Domestic A License required)

This is the one you mean I guess. I will have a look at it, but if you like we all can take a look. This might take a little longer, so I hope you don't mind that.

RJ might do a drifter tune if you like. (just ask him;) )

Also, with the 'free requests' deal going on here, I've got one, The actual Devil Z: The HS30 240ZG.

Psst, theres one in my garage.
If you feel like reviewing mine you can go right ahead, I wont be home for the next week though.

SO NOT TRYING TO STEAL CUSTOMERS. =p

I like this method of requesting, because I'll either get a true successor (precursor?) to the Devil Z already here, or I'll get a car that looks completely awesome as it goes very sideways (see gimmicky new tuning thread, there's a picture in the index of one of these drifting that is just :drool: ) in a controllable manner (knowing your level of tuning and Nissans' general driftability).

He mentioned that. :P

Might need to slightly prolong the wait on the Beetle for the advertising of your garage in my thread...

Nah. I'm not an arse. I'm actually about to go win it...

Doesn't matter much to me either, as long as my thread gets looked at. Then I know I got some interest in it. Thats all that matters.

Doesn't matter much to me either, as long as my thread gets looked at. Then I know I got some interest in it. Thats all that matters.

^And that does matter to me. You're advertising in our thread for your garage. Go try that in MFT and see what the response is.

Don't be rude, and don't advert your garage in anyone else's.

I only advertised once TECHNICALLY, and that was when I didn't notice he was talking about my thread..
Then I pointed towards my thread i to say that its was mine that had the vehicle.

Oh, btw final gearing is in between 4880-4890, I wont reveal the other gears though.

Also never ever did I put a link to my garage in my post, only in my signature did it exist. I have yet to post an actual Ad in someones thread.

Back