Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello boys and girls. This is my first post so I would like to do something different:
I'd like a tuner to request a car that they've done, but with the understanding that I am perhaps the worst ever driver to come to GTP. I **** you not, I am a dreadful driver, and I would dare anyone to beat me (that is to get a worse time than me). In any case, I've figured you're the kids to play with so I reckon youse should recommend a car for me to test. I'll test it then give you my embarrassing score, then request a tune.

Deal?

EDIT: Cos I'm an Aussie I'll have to do it Aussie-Stylin'; that is after drinking a dozen beers and with a toddler in the front seat. Wish me luck!

In other words, we need to pick up a car from our selection for you to test, and then you'd make a request..? And if I understood this correctly, you need a car that won't have you for breakfast ( not forgetting the toddler either)..

In other words, we need to pick up a car from our selection for you to test, and then you'd make a request..? And if I understood this correctly, you need a car that won't have you for breakfast ( not forgetting the toddler either)..

Any car that you'd like reviewed that hasn't been done/done well enough. Any car will eat me for breakfast Leon, so you don't need to worry about that. It may take a while 'cause I'll put a good few hours into it, first testing the stock and then marvelling at your expertise. And there's not much time for GT4 with a thesis being written.

Also, don't worry about the toddler, I have a life jacket.

PF
Any car that you'd like reviewed that hasn't been done/done well enough. Any car will eat me for breakfast Leon, so you don't need to worry about that. It may take a while 'cause I'll put a good few hours into it, first testing the stock and then marvelling at your expertise. And there's not much time for GT4 with a thesis being written.

Also, don't worry about the toddler, I have a life jacket.

try there ruff!!! That should do it

Kurei - Finished the series, I see! And thanks for that. The swaying you're feeling is very possibly real, I like the cars being a bit loose under braking to eliminate understeer during the turn-in phase. Good to hear that it's delivering the direct feel I tried to achieve. The race car look wish can only be agreed on but it would have necessitated such an amount of picture editing that I left it out. Here's hoping for a proper track version in GT5!

And now we'll introduce two older yet very capable cars of their day. Hold on to your pants because this little backflash takes you back to '73 and beyond..

Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR '73

223 bhp, 254 Nm, 750 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.0 / 5.0
Ride Height: 120 / 130
Bound: 2 / 4
Rebound: 5 / 8
Camber: 1.5 / 1.0
Toe: 2 / -1
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 8

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.471
2nd: 1.737
3rd: 1.342
4th: 1.103
5th: 0.930
6th: 0.799
Final Gear: 3.750

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 20

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Nowadays everyone interested in cars knows what is a Lancer GSR, something that first saw the light of day 35 years ago. Many people also know the MR versions but the history of those began at the same time but that's a well kept secret. Back in the seventies when Mitsubishi was entering the rally circles there were plans for a Group 4 version to supplement the Group 2 GSR, only one prototype was made and it's here today. The biggest change on the technical side is the turbocharger bolted onto the engine to give more power and especially torque for powering out of the slower corners. The results were satisfactory, the car performing well, but it was shelved due to lack of funding to run in two different classes. Anyway, now it's here for you to try. Power oversteer is available out of slower corners even if it doesn't feel like that, just keep it floored. The turbo will do its job.

M-B 300SL-C '54

412 bhp, 491 Nm, 1100 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (Jaguar E-Type)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 9.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 120 / 120
Bound: 8 / 6
Rebound: 10 / 5
Camber: 1.8 / 1.2
Toe: -1 / 0
Stabilizers: 3 / 1

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 4

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.453
2nd: 1.542
3rd: 1.130
4th: 0.870
5th: 0.700
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 23

LSD
Initial: 30
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 20

Driving Aids

Did you know, that MB once did a concept car that could put up a fight with many modern supercars? This car was called 300SL-C, and sadly it was destroyed in a fire. But fortunately the blueprints survived, and using those schematics, we built a complete replica of SL-C, the ultimate Mercedes of that era. Be careful though, it has more kick than its soft, classic looks reveal.

Hey, no disrespect to u guys...the work you do is excellent, but it would be nice of you to update the .pdf and .xls files with the real names of the cars. We still need to know exactly what versions of the cars you guys use. And uh....if I'm not mistaken....shouldn't the name of the thread change by now...the 22/05/08 was a lil while back u kno. It seems somebody has a GT5 Prologue on the brain a lil too much.

Otherwise, keep up the amazing work. Will post some reviews when I can....I just start GT4 over so I'm kinda low on funds for now.

get your A-License and race in the Capri Rally Easy on the Special Conditions Hall 👍

@ Leo - nice car, the Merc 300SL, a.k.a. the "Gullwing"..,

Skruffie - As far as I know the .xls has all but the two latest cars in it (unless my ISP has screwed my server space) and the .pdf isn't usually updated every time as I have to bug another guy for it. About the date, yes, changed now. About too much GT5P, I have no idea who you're talking about. I haven't touched it for several weeks and Leo doesn't have a PS3 to begin with.

Bad news Grey....as far as I can see, the last car to be added to that .xls file was Leo's Nismo Skyline 350GT-8 '02.

That leaves out:

1. Leo's---BMW M5 CSL
  2. Your---Aston Martin Vanquish GT '04
  3. Your---Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII SE '03
  4. Leo's---Mistubishi Evolution VI "Raiden" '99
  5. Your ---Mitsubishi Lacer 1600 GSR '73
  6. Leo's---M-B 300SL-C '54

Weird. Really weird. When I looked at the FTP space it said that the file had been edited on the 31st May which is when I added the four earlier cars. Whatever, now there's the latest version with all cars in. Got to ask for a new .pdf...

the MB looks interesting

I can tell you the MB does not only look intersting ! You just don't expect that kind of behaviour from a car that old.
It's like you are dealing with a brand new car. It has its character, and that makes it all the more interesting. Entertaining new old car ^^

So does the Giulia SS Edition by the way. And the Lotus Elan SP.
It's like all those old cars were just out of the factory, with a brand new way of dealing with the road. Really great cars to drive.

Of course, it doesn't compare with a Hommell Berlinette. Or, it doesn't play in the same playground. The Hommell is a fantastic car. It's like a french car maker discovered how to make a real car, and not a joke. Of course, it's all thanks to MFT tuning, but i believe that if there wasn't a bit of potential, it wouldn't be that fun to drive.

The C740R really is the american Grim R34per. A challenging car, that is fun in its own way. Of course, it excels in handling, cornering and accelerating. But, well... It's american :P

And finally, Nissans.
First would be the R390. Well, huh... Cars were meant to be like... THAT? It's like the Grim R34per and the C740RR had a baby together, and that baby was the R390, with all the wildest genes its parents had. It will take very long to tame it... But it shall prove worth it.

And the 450R. Well, after all those fantastic cars, this one seems a bit... well, weak. That's the last one i drove, and it was after the R390, so you can see why i was a bit disappointed.
It's like something is missing. Or there isn't enough madness in it :P

Hope that's enough ^^

I can tell you the MB does not only look intersting ! You just don't expect that kind of behaviour from a car that old.
It's like you are dealing with a brand new car. It has its character, and that makes it all the more interesting. Entertaining new old car ^^

Thank you. I can say that it was a lot more difficult to drive in the vintage tuner challenge. I changed the gearing and other stuff in order to bring that nive, perky little boattail under control.:sly:

The C740R really is the american Grim R34per. A challenging car, that is fun in its own way. Of course, it excels in handling, cornering and accelerating. But, well... It's american :P

I know exactly what you mean. :lol:

And finally, Nissans.
First would be the R390. Well, huh... Cars were meant to be like... THAT? It's like the Grim R34per and the C740RR had a baby together, and that baby was the R390, with all the wildest genes its parents had. It will take very long to tame it... But it shall prove worth it.

I'd say that it was more like wild night between Spinnah (Spirra) and Grim R34per.. it's mid-engined after all. 💡

And the 450R. Well, after all those fantastic cars, this one seems a bit... well, weak. That's the last one i drove, and it was after the R390, so you can see why i was a bit disappointed.
It's like something is missing. Or there isn't enough madness in it :P

:lol: well, it has half of the power and even less torque, yet similar weight.. of course it'll lack the vicious acceleration and mutilating brutal power.

Hope that's enough ^^

indeed it is. feel free to request. Now that I've finished my schools and graduated as a car mechanic, I'll have more time to tinker with the requests.👍

Thank you. I can say that it was a lot more difficult to drive in the vintage tuner challenge. I changed the gearing and other stuff in order to bring that nive, perky little boattail under control.:sly:
You did really great ^^

I'd say that it was more like wild night between Spinnah (Spirra) and Grim R34per.. it's mid-engined after all. 💡
I was staying with cars i tried... Haven't tried the spirra... Yet :P

indeed it is. feel free to request. Now that I've finished my schools and graduated as a car mechanic, I'll have more time to tinker with the requests.👍
Grats for being a fully fledged car mechanic :)
If you say that you have more time now, you might be able to take care of the cobra i asked you the other time ^^ (and if you haven't started working on it, it's better then : if you could work on the AC, and not on the shelby one, it would be awesome ^^ - of course, if you already started on the shelby, keep working on it, and screw the AC ^^).

And if i can have another car set up, then i would like to ask for a 04 spec c impreza (those you can get new). If i can't, then no problem, i will be forced to review another car to get it :lol:

Well then, take care ^^

AC.. shelby.. essentially same car. I've been tinkering with it a bit, but no promises.. And Spec C? hrmmm.. well, if you'd care to pm me details what sort of specifications you want that car with, I'll get onto it.

The main difference between the Cobras is that the Shelby is grossly overpowered for its handling, the AC is only overpowered. Having said that it's the Shelby that produces the more exciting ride and I've been planning one for a while now. One that leaves nothing to be guessed.

AC.. shelby.. essentially same car. I've been tinkering with it a bit, but no promises.

They actually behave very differently, Leo. I've spent a while with both 427's and the Series 1 recently and was very surprised both at how easy the Series 1 was to dial in and how different the AC and Shelby Cobra's were.

After a bit of a lull we're getting this thing running strong again, the next ones have a lot in common but also a lot differentiating them. One looks like a sinister cheese cutter, one is more reminiscent of the personal transportation of the Red Baron. Coming up as soon as we get the last wrinkles ironed out.

This "sinister cheesecutter" has been in a role in certain car movie, where as Red Barons Personal Transport has been lurking in shadows.. I can say though, that for certain market it was hampered down to 240bhp due emission regulations, effectively ruining this car for it's biggest market.

Hey Guys, You have quite a collection of tunes are you trying to tune every car in the game, (lol,jk). I just tested your Suburu 360 (needed it for percentage completion) and what a laugh, in a good way. The handling is nice and fun, no understeer which is great. The gearbox is finely tuned as well. For a sugestion, add NOS (before I get flammed, I don't make a habit of it, I have only used it twice and once was to reach 400km/h in a Skyline). With NOS i managed a 1:14 and even drifted around the last corner!

Keep up the good work guys.

Every car in the game? Pretty much, excluding all sub models. :P

Nah, NOS on the Subaru might make it actually fast. And that's not the point with that car. :D Often the fun lies in the odd cars, a fast RX-7 doesn't have much of the "ooh, aah" factor anymore as they're behind every corner but tuned Subaru 360's are pretty rare.

indeed.. but it is time to fire up the next pairs engines. Let's hope that they'll get more interest than previous one.

AMG 190E 2.5 Evo III '91

373 bhp, 379 Nm, 1139 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 9.0 / 9.0
Ride Height: 90 / 95
Bound: 6 / 6
Rebound: 10 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: -1 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 7

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.307
2nd: 2.225
3rd: 1.728
4th: 1.402
5th: 1.152
Final Gear: 3.200

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25

Downforce
Amount: 8 / 11

Driving Aids

The 2.5 16V born as a joint operation between Mercedes Benz and Cosworth was the crown jewel of the 190E model range in the late eighties, being only topped by the Evolution and Evolution II versions of it. Overall a great car.

However, there was always some interest to see what the design could really do without being limited by homologation rules and that's why the Evolution III saw the light of day. Prepared by AMG and sporting the same engine, the same bodykit, basically the same drivetrain and suspension - but without any compromises. The power was raised to well beyond 350 horses and any extra weight was dropped in favour of the maximum performance. It can be said it wasn't for nothing. The handling is heavily reminiscent of pure racing cars, the engine sound gives chills to an enthusiast and the overall pace is on a par with true supercars. This is by far the best Mercedes seen since the magnificent 300SL of the fifties and still unrivalled in true sportiveness even by the ones that replaced it on the production lines.

Reviews:

by Kurei

Last edited:
BMW M Coupe "Red Baron"'98

413 bhp, 435 Nm, 1245 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 10.0 / 7.0
Ride Height: 100 / 115
Bound: 4 / 8
Rebound: 10 / 4
Camber: 1.5 / 1.0
Toe: -2 / 1
Stabilizers: 1 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 4

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.334
2nd: 2.281
3rd: 1.682
4th: 1.325
5th: 1.100
6th: 0.930
Final Gear: 3.775

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 30
Acceleration: 15

Driving Aids

If Von Richthofen would still be alive, he probably would want to drive a car that is as much a part of himself as his famous and feared red Fokker triplane was. And there's no doubt that he would go for the Bayerische MotorWerke to get what he wants, after all, their cars are known as driver-centered dynamic cornering monsters. And thus, the MFT did their best to build a car that is as balanced as possible. Aimed for people who are new to powerful machines, this NA '98 M Coupe ( M stands for Monster? ) was adjusted to handle in a very calm manner, and is very difficult to upset. Thus, despite having 413bhp going through rear wheels, even most hamfisted fool can feel like an ace while driving in the Red Baron, Von Richthofens fictitious personal transport at ridiculously high speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back