RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

It can't make the power to NEED racing tires!

Fine. Will do. The KG is more fun IMO, but okay. On racing tires if you insist.

Oh yes it can, I have my tune for it and it most deffinately needs them. That 80-85 horses it has depending on whats been done will need racing tires. I don't like the way the KG looks. Almost too sporty to be part of VW. Same with the Nardo.

Edit, how about one with the power to drag but also handle like noones business?

Well it has 600bhp stock, so it can stay that way, only mods availble is a racing exhaust and stage 3 & 4 turbos. I'm burning S1s with the stock settings here. :sly: I'll fix that though so don't worry. Tyre endurance and ease of use are my main piorities with this Audi.

About the aids. Well I'll tune the car without them for now, then see what aids does to it once I've finished tuning it. I think if your friends drove it without aids they'll enjoy the car more though. :)

True, but none of them have the experience to handle it without aids. But like I said, I want that to be secondary; worry about making the car good for me first.

Alright. :)

Well I'm progressing with the car nicely. Although it does like to burn rubber in 1st and 2nd if the tyres lose grip for a moment. But with 600bhp and S1 tyres, it's not suprising. Although saying that, it's a whole lot better once you put on S2 or S3 tyres. But for now it's being tuned with S1 tyres in mind. I'll try to minimize wheelspin as much as possible but I doubt it'll fully go away, on S1 tyres anyway.

The Camaro is going to get pushed back a few hours, because I am feeling like utter CRAP right now.

Sorry, Pickie. I might still be able to finish it tonight, but I need some sleep first.

Alright. :)

Well I'm progressing with the car nicely. Although it does like to burn rubber in 1st and 2nd if the tyres lose grip for a moment. But with 600bhp and S1 tyres, it's not suprising. Although saying that, it's a whole lot better once you put on S2 or S3 tyres. But for now it's being tuned with S1 tyres in mind. I'll try to minimize wheelspin as much as possible but I doubt it'll fully go away, on S1 tyres anyway.

Perfect. Any predictions as to when it'll be done? (No hurry; it'll probably be around a week before I get to testing it anyway.)

I can't say for sure, but it will definately be done before the weekend. :)

ZETONIJUUHACHI.jpg

Parts List
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
NA Tuning Stage 2
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Stage 1 Weight Reduction
S3 Tires
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
FC LSD

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------12.0/8.6
Ride Height:-------150/155
Shock Bound:-------4/2
Shock Rebound:-----2/3
Camber:------------2.5/0.5
Toe:---------------0/0
Stabilizers:-------4/1
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Transmission:
Reset to default. Autoset to 15, then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [2.870/1.890/1.280/1.000/.640]
Final of 3.420.

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: 7/25/5

Brake Balance: 5/7

Ballast Weight: 0kg

Ballast Balance: 0 (neutral)

Downforce: None

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: What was once a competitive base car for Trans-Am roadracing became outdated as the years progressed, and was left behind.

Now it's back. Somehow, this blast from the past looks like it just rolled out of a time capsule, yet it obliterates many a brand-new vehicle. Some say that the straight-line performance hints at 450hp, others figure the car is fairly light and makes around 425. But what they can't figure out is how it manages to corner as flat as it does and as fast as it does.

Secret's in the sauce, as they say.

Last edited:
hey just wanted to let you know ,its just what i was looking for. the olny thing i,ve noticed about it was it seems to bounce in back a little might be the track i was on .[seattle] and it does try to drift a little lol. know any good body shops lol. thanks again

Just a little tailhappy? I know. Gotta have it feel like a musclecar a little at least...

And looking at a replay from Seattle of my own driving, it's the nose rebounding thanks to the way the front shocks are tuned. More bound than rebound means they extend quickly, so that combined with the stiff springs makes it bounce back landing from jumps and such.

I can't say for sure, but it will definately be done before the weekend. :)

Scrap that comment, ty00123. The Audi is pretty much in the final stages of tuning now. All it needs are some final finishing touches and I can hand you the keys, either later today or tomorrow. :D:tup:

Scrap that comment, ty00123. The Audi is pretty much in the final stages of tuning now. All it needs are some final finishing touches and I can hand you the keys, either later today or tomorrow. :D:tup:

Looking forward to it. I'd hand my 787B over to B-Spec Bill and let him finish, but he's never drove in GT4 before. Looks like the last 8 hours are mine.

Audi Nuvolari Quattro ’03 Requested by ty00123

Nuvolari.jpg

Parts List
Racing brakes kit
Brake controller
Transmission / Fully customisable
Triple clutch
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Carbon driveshaft
Fully customisable suspension
Sports/Hard tyres (S1)
Weight reduction: Stage 3
Increase Rigidity
Wheels – (optional)

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
Spring Rate:-------9.4/8.6
Ride Height:-------80/80
Shock Bound:-------5/5
Shock Rebound:-----7/7
Camber:------------2.5/1.5
Toe:---------------(-2)/-1
Stabilizers:-------4/4
Transmission:
Autoset to 15. Then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [3.616/2.434/1.776 /1.425 /1.185 /1.015]
Final of 2.500.

LSD Front: 7/30/5
LSD Rear: 8/30/5

Brake Balance: 5/6

Aids: None at all
Notes:
When ty00123 reviewed one of our cars, it was only fair that we tuned a car for him as a thank you. So at ty00123’s request, we tuned this Audi Nuvolari for him. Following his request, we tuned the car to be easy to drive and handle well on S1 tyres. Our main task when tuning this Audi was to minimize the wheelspin. Despite the engine being standard, it still kicks out 608bhp and easily made mince meat of the S1 tyres. Some careful tuning later saw the wheelspin reduced considerably, leaving only 1st gear to suffer from wheelspin. But that doesn’t matter, since this thing has so much torque, you can do 2nd gear standing starts! Also thanks to the smoothness of the engine, you will see 100mph in 8 or 9 seconds, whilst still being in 2nd gear! The brakes were beefed up to match the speed of the car, whilst suspension makes sure you stay on the road. You will encounter wheelspin in 2nd gear if you go over rough terrain, but that’s natural for a car of this power. Equipping S2 or S3 tyres will show this Audi’s true potential as a high-speed circuit cruiser. Enjoy the car!

Great. Thanks, Roj. :) Will try to be finished by end of weekend so I can go try out my new toy.

No problem, ty00123. :D:tup:

I enjoyed tuning the Audi, when you look past the looks it's quite a sweet car. :D

I'll get started on the R89C in the morning (its just past midnight here), mcsqueegy. :)

Great, I was just about to ask actually! Take as long as you like, I don't have my PS2 with me at the moment, and I need some time for the real world ;) Good luck with it, Roj. And, *folds arms*, are you saying the Audi Nuvolari doesn't have looks? I mean, that car is sexier than my new avatar :lol:. Well, almost.

It has sexy headlights. :dopey: But it needs to be lower I think to be a true looker. Something like a Audi R8 but cleaner. :)

The R89C is well, to put it simply, 🤬 fast. I thrashed the AI at the Opera Paris Reverse in the GTWC. And I mean, the gap between me and the 2nd place Audi R8 was big enough to put the entire collection of Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutions in, including the rally cars. All this with stock power, R2 tyres and a monkey behind the wheel. Only needed 1 pitstop too. :sly:

I just want to make it slightly easier to drive though. You could put this down to my suckiness at Opera but I feel it could be a lot better at corner entry.

My avatar is sexier. :P

Nissan R89C Race Car ’89 Requested by mcsqueegy

R89C.jpg

Parts List
Racing/Hard tyres (R2)

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
Spring Rate:-------10.0/6.0
Ride Height:-------85/105
Shock Bound:-------2/2
Shock Rebound:-----4/4
Camber:------------2.5/2.5
Toe:---------------0/0
Stabilizers:-------3/3
Transmission:
Autoset to 20. Then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [3.065/1.897/1.344 /1.014 /0.825]
Final of 3.500.

LSD: 20/30/10

Brake Balance: 9/10

Downforce: 63/88

Aids: TCS Controller: 1 (Use 0 if you feel you can handle 922BHP through the rear wheels)
Notes:
This mean machine was requested by mcsqueegy. He asked us for a R89C that’ll handle tight tracks like Opera Paris with ease. So naturally we did 99% of the tuning there. 1% was at test course to see how fast the thing could go. I can happily say that this car is a success when it comes to Opera. Its insane acceleration and grip only come second to its ability to scare you silly. Weighing in ay 900kg and pumping out 922BHP, this R89C is in the same club as the Sauber C9, Mazda 787B, Jaguar XJ-R9, the fearsome Minolta and the R89C’s younger brother, the R92CP. But believe me when I say this. This R89C obliterates them all. Whether it’s at a tight corner at Opera, or the Hunaudières at Le Sarthe, this R89C will overtake without fear. But don’t think that it’s a handful to drive. Oh no. Infact it’s actually now much easier to drive than before! Just don’t miss your braking points, because at 180mph, the straights don’t seem to last long…

Thanks Roj! Though you completely misspelled my username in the pic... i'll try it out on Monday and give feedback :). I'm laughing at the brake balance too :lol: I had a lot of trouble with braking. :D Thanks a lot.
-Macca

What spelling mistake? I don't see one. :D

Its no problem. Hopefully it brings you many sweet victories. :D:tup:

You know your not supposed to post your setups in other people's garages right? 👎:irked:

Tree'd by RJ. Bugger. :P

Edit: Thanks. :)

Back