Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
we've lost count of those a long time a go.. we'd need a time machine to find out. đź’ˇ oh, wait.. :lol:

Now guess why we do it like this. :P

I wasn't being critical, Grey, please don't get that impression.

I apologise tho' for starting a conversation about tuning theories, approaches and opinions in the middle of your garage thread. I haven't had an engineering natter for quite a while and in my enthusiasm neglected to take proper account of where I was :embarrassed:.

No problem, constructive criticism is never out of place. It's just that we've got quite a lot of criticism for the approach during our time here and I thought I'd explain it properly even once. If that post keeps even one visitor from complaining that car X doesn't have the gears to run flat out down all the three miles of the Hunaudières or the ride height to tackle Pflanzgarten with suspension travel to spare while it's not even supposed to do either of them it was worth writing.

We'll luckly my instructor pushed yesterday's quiz to today, so I was able to review another car for you guys last night

Stainless Steelrat

So MFT finally released their Delorean, which I had actually know about before most other’s thanks to connections I’ve established, and I took the car out and headed to the track

My original plan was to test it out at Laguna Seca, but on my way driving there with the car, I was following one of those older, single lane roads, and felt like going a little quicker to get there earlier, I was approaching a speed of about 87-89mph which seemed un-usually easy for some reason.. (:rolleyes:), when the entire dash in front of me lit up like crazy, buttons were glowing then fading, and this weird emergency box next to my head was a-glow with a neon “Y” :odd:, next thing I know everything went blinding white and when I finally had my sight back, I found myself in Tokyo on a Highway coasting down from about 90mph, not exactly where I was heading…

Deciding the best thing to do was blend-in, I kept my speed up but didn’t dare do 88mph again, continuing along the highway, the car was surging with power, and with the car so low to the ground, if was feeling good, came up to a turn and hit the brakes, the car gently bows down and lowers my speed no problem, until I turned the wheel that is

I turned in to make the corner, and I suddenly get reminded of the car’s layout as the rear end breaks loose and heads right for the out-side wall, my eyes shoot open as I quickly work the steering to reel the car back into control, spewing smoke and squealing the tires through the whole corner, once I was finally in control and back in lane, I wanted to lose attention as fast as possible, so what do I do ? đź’ˇ

I floor it. :sly:

Straight towards a left-right chicane. :crazy:

I turned the wheel to make it through the corner, and I almost lost my lunch as the car gripped the road incredibly well, easily throwing 2 g’s at my stomach, first left, then right, and come out of the corner, the car making it through without a squeal, pushing about 70 at the exit, so I layed off the pedal and coasted around a large right-hand sweeper that came after the chicane, starting to slow down so I could find an alley or something to park and try to figure where I am, or when for that matter.....when

I see red and blue in my rear-view mirror :scared:

Dang, I thought I was far enough away from that initial drift stunt to not get caught, but now I had no choice, getting caught wasn’t an option in this situation, I’d have to lose them, but not knowing the city, I was at a disadvantage, except for one card I still had in my hand, literally...:dopey:

The car, it got me here, it could probably get me out too, so I floored it and was soon doing 88 mph, the car lit up like the 4th of July again, I closed my eyes to avoid getting blinded again, I heard this crazy warping sound and next thing I know I was back in the desert, just off road this time, but I didn’t care, I was back to where I started, I stopped the car, got out of the scissor door, walked around to get some fresh air, when I hear footsteps coming towards me from behind, I turn around and see this kid in a pink cowboy get-up running like mad, screaming “Indians !!!11!!1!” and then running past me, I turn to watch him run off, asking myself things like “what Indians ?”, “who was that?”, and “who dressed him like that ?”, and then heard what sounded like horses galloping to my left, I turn and see a cloud of dust in the air, then horses, and then…

“Oh shi.…”

tl:dr – The car handles quite well, strong acceleration and braking, unique cornering characteristics as well, where as long as you had the pedal pinned, the car stuck like glue, but let off or hit the brakes, and the car suddenly becomes eager to slip and slide slighty, but to that degree where if you know how to work the car, can actually help make it faster, I’ll say about a 8.2/10, a fun car for drivers

I still know what you did to that poor girl :P j/k.. and on sunday, you'll get your two monsters. they're ready now, but i think i'll let you roast a bit in your own anxiousness.. :lol:

Hey got some time on my hands now and fancy giving GT a good run again.. have you guys got anything you want reviewed..?

Pyrelli

well, these latest three or four pairs haven't received that much of attention. I guess we should start considering about moving to more mainstream cars that we've been avoiding this far on purpose..:indiff:

and on sunday, you'll get your two monsters. they're ready now, but i think i'll let you roast a bit in your own anxiousness..
Nice, that will be the day i will be able to review the cars i said i would do ^^

(And how did you learn about that girl i buried in the forest? i thought i hid her well :nervous:)

well, these latest three or four pairs haven't received that much of attention. I guess we should start considering about moving to more mainstream cars that we've been avoiding this far on purpose..:indiff:
I fear what those cars could be...

Of course. But there's a catch to be followed.
Try out one or more of our cars, write a small review (really a review, not "the car is OK") about it, give us a car that you would like to be tuned to certain level and we'll PM it to you. More instructions in Post #11.
You may ask, why? Because we have enough to do as it is, free-for-all requests would quickly lead to a situation in which we would be putting most of our free time in the request cars and not getting anything in return. And if you really want that car, you'll find the time to do the test. ;)

I tried your RUF BTR '86 "Blackbird" and I must say It is honestly the best drive i've ever had in GT4! It just turns so smoothly and it handles like its on rails. I had a friend over who drove my SLR and the Blackbird just fly past the SLR like it was stopped and the SLR was on nos! I must say that I'm impressed very much. I can't wait to see what your next car will be.

OK,i tried it out on the ring and it went off every corner(mostly my fault)
So I tried it at Tsukuba.Wow it handles so nice and clean.It is good at drifting to:).
In a few laps my best time on Tsukuba was 0'56.605.
The cars max speed is 178.18 mph
Keep it up MFT:tup:

Mitsubishi Evolution VI RS "Raiden"'99

533 bhp, 627Nm, 1071 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 5
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Variable Centre Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 10.0 / 7.5
Ride Height: 112 / 132
Bound: 7 / 10
Rebound: 10 / 7
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: -2 / -1
Stabilizers: 3 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 4

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.045
2nd: 1.399
3rd: 1.065
4th: 0.865
5th: 0.720
6th: 0.600
Final Gear: 4.875

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 10/10
Acceleration: 10/13
Deceleration: 10/25

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 40

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

This is yet another one-off concept from the Ralliart, that never got into the showrooms. Even the always stalking automotive paparazzis missed this bog-standard looking Evolution VI RS. Nothing in its body revealed that it was harnessing power that could have destroyed nearly any current supercar in terms of acceleration and driveability. There was only one hint, and it was cut slicks, subtle enough to fool the spy photographers. You might wonder why it has such an impressive tyre set if its "a mere Evolution". Well, there iare 533 reasons why it has those tyres, and those 533 reasons have 627 friends to back them up if there's need. And if you want to take her for a spin ( not literally!), you'll find out why it was named as "Raiden" after a famous Japanese WWII Fighterplane.

P.S. There are some bags in the glovebox if motion sickness surprises. ;)

Been away from the forums for a while but upon my return I had to check in with MFT!!!! Imagine my surprise when I saw that they had built an Evo 6,a machine that is dear to my heart!!! Anyways,I just tested this car and Im awestruck by its driveability...it is faassstt!! and it corners well too.there doesnt seem to be any need for a wing as its very stable.I wont even mention the brakes!!! I managed a 55.75 lap of Tsukuba which I think is impressive indeed!!!! Ill try it next on Fuji 90s and see how it manages.The car I built is a little down on hp but it has 27,000 miles on it so thats understandable.Well done once again MFT!!!!! Fabulous!!!!

It seems Leonidae is going to be writing a huge list of counter replies when he returns! :lol:

And that's the reason to our quietness over the past days, he's separated from his computer by some 500 km and his car is scheduled as the next one to be released. Expect some raw oldschool power over the next few days. đź‘Ť

indeed, I will be back on my own computer on monday, and I will reply to these reviews then. cya soon! :D

just wanted to drop by, MFT is still strong, i may say :)đź‘Ť i always check out this great garage, but now rarely post here, been a lot busy these few weeks..,

hmm, correct me if I am wrong, but i have two pending requests from you guys, right? one from each of you.., i've been thinking about it for some time, i wanted to request a car from you guys, but i'm still thinking when to request it.., maybe not now, but i'll give you a hint about my car.., it is one of the hardest and most difficult cars to tune in the game, and also one of the least recognized.., this car will put all of your more-than-2 years of tuning experience to the test :mischievous::D.., i'll think some more, until i decide to "order" my request car, take the time to guess what it is :)

Could be the Quattro (on which I've succeeded), the Buick GNX (on which I've failed) the Yellowbird (on which I expect at least partial success), the Shelby Cobra (to be released in the near vicinity), the Cizeta (not impossible)... of the rest none are THAT bad. Seeing that we managed to make the RUF CTR2 drivable I think we can do this too.

You missed the Esprit Sport 350 on R5 rubber with gearing and downforce for 250mph down Mulsanne (22/30 IIRC) and the braking zone at the end of Mulsanne.

I've also yet to see a racing-tired Ford GT.

The said Esprit with those downforce settings isn't even bad, the first corner of GVS could be taken with one braking with 25/30 and it was a very early setup of mine. One that never got released, too. I clocked 1'38 and change with it at the time.

The GT running on slicks isn't that much of a special car at least in my opinion, just another powerful and fast mid-engined model.

The said Esprit with those downforce settings isn't even bad, the first corner of GVS could be taken with one braking with 25/30 and it was a very early setup of mine. One that never got released, too. I clocked 1'38 and change with it at the time.

The GT running on slicks isn't that much of a special car at least in my opinion, just another powerful and fast mid-engined model.

Try slowing from 250mph on Sarthe II without braking insanely early. The car has the brakes to stop quick enough, but it refuses to keep the rear glued.

GVS on the other hand is a very smooth track; while the kink will throw most cars out of balance, it is nothing next to an extra 50-75mph and the rougher surface at Sarthe. The only way to get around that kink, from what I saw way back when I did this car (before I was even a member here) was to slow down to about 130 before entering the kink. (not the one towards the end of Mulsanne, the kink going into the corner at the end of Mulsanne).

Of course, my driving then was even worse than it is now, so it's fully possible that it was just me being a hack driver.

DKX
I tried your RUF BTR '86 "Blackbird" and I must say It is honestly the best drive i've ever had in GT4! It just turns so smoothly and it handles like its on rails. I had a friend over who drove my SLR and the Blackbird just fly past the SLR like it was stopped and the SLR was on nos! I must say that I'm impressed very much. I can't wait to see what your next car will be.

Good to hear that the old batmobile got out from the cave! And I'm definitely happy to hear that it's still competitive!

OK,i tried it out on the ring and it went off every corner(mostly my fault)
So I tried it at Tsukuba.Wow it handles so nice and clean.It is good at drifting to:).
In a few laps my best time on Tsukuba was 0'56.605.
The cars max speed is 178.18 mph
Keep it up MFT:tup:

good to hear that you could pull off nice times in the time machine.

Been away from the forums for a while but upon my return I had to check in with MFT!!!! Imagine my surprise when I saw that they had built an Evo 6,a machine that is dear to my heart!!! Anyways,I just tested this car and Im awestruck by its driveability...it is faassstt!! and it corners well too.there doesnt seem to be any need for a wing as its very stable.I wont even mention the brakes!!! I managed a 55.75 lap of Tsukuba which I think is impressive indeed!!!! Ill try it next on Fuji 90s and see how it manages.The car I built is a little down on hp but it has 27,000 miles on it so thats understandable.Well done once again MFT!!!!! Fabulous!!!!

I thought that you might like it a lot. I like the way the car came out as well. I wanted grip and grip is what the car delivered, while handling extremely well.

now, you guys.. feel free to PM requests. and now, Duo will get his two monsters.

Of course, my driving then was even worse than it is now, so it's fully possible that it was just me being a hack driver.
I'm willing to bet this is the case. While the car is admittedly hard to control under hard braking and simultanoeus turning the said part isn't that impossible, especially if the car is tuned for circumstances like that. It takes skill and very small steering movements but can be done.

And now, gentlemen, prepare to start the biggest engine ever seen here.

Swiss Masterpiece '70

769 bhp, 1061 Nm, 1462 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 10.0 / 5.0
Ride Height: 126 / 156
Bound: 8 / 2
Rebound: 10 / 8
Camber: 3.0 / 1.3
Toe: -3 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 2 / 1

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.507
2nd: 1.687
3rd: 1.231
4th: 1.000
5th: 0.825
6th: 0.690
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 20

LSD
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 27
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

And now, dear friends, I'm going to reveal one of the little secrets of an automotive giant called Chevrolet. And this secret is, that it wasn't an American company to begin with. Louis Chevrolet was an immigrant from Switzerland, but before all that he was an enthusiastic engineer and racing driver. We wanted to honor this automotive pioneer by refreshing one of the cars that carries the legacy of his name, and we did this by building this car up to hypercar performance. And as such, it truely is a Swiss Masterpiece.

I got a couple extra Chevelles in my garage, so I'll give this one a try. Not a fan of the wing though.

and now, Duo will get his two monsters.
Wow, are you willing to let me go free, with the anxiety of not seeing these cars taken out of my shoulders? :lol:

No need to hurry, my tv just died... As if it knew i was going to use it to play for quite a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back