Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this long and detailed review, CamryFan! I know, this car wasn't as comfortable or easy to drive as most of my tunes, but it's a trackday version and we can't have trackday blasts if the car rolls around in corners like rowboat on stormy sea, can we? :lol: keep up the good work! and as usual, request and I'll deliver..

Absolutely, No problem at all. I don't mind writing a review and I was lucky enough not to have any homework that weekend. No tunes needed right now but if your desperate for something to do I'm sure I could dream something up.

Last edited:
Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzer '00

494 bhp, 550 Nm, 1232 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Variable Centre Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.5 / 5.0
Ride Height: 130 / 130
Bound: 4 / 7
Rebound: 5 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: -1 / -2
Stabilizers: 4 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.531
2nd: 1.732
3rd: 1.328
4th: 1.076
5th: 0.900
6th: 0.757
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 5 / 30
Acceleration: 5 / 10
Deceleration: 5 / 5

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 20

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Once upon a time there was a joint operation between Porsche and Subaru to give the Legacy some extra energy to compete against cars like the BMW M5 and such. It was named Blitzen in the best German style. Now the same model has been revisited again by us, the starting point being one of the old showroom cars that never saw the roads. After the modifications it's ready to blitz quite a lot of its competitors so the name was changed suitably.

Building on the reliable and well known flat four, entirely new intake and exhaust manifolds were fitted, a WRC specification turbo (without the restrictor) feeding air into the engine. The result of nearly 500 bhp should be enough for even the performance freaks considering that the car only weighs a bit over 1200 kilograms after an excessive weight loss program. Transferring the power to the ground is executed by a strengthened version of the original sequential gearbox and a set of beefed up differentials. Give it a try, the others will see just a red flash zooming by.

Reviews:

by DuoMaxwell

Last edited:
When i saw a tuned Subaru that didn't have a rally-like wing, i was confused.
Since when Subaru has cars that aren't already well known in the racing world?

Aproaching, i saw "Legacy".
Wait a minute, is that a joke? This is taking it too far. How could this car could make it to the racetrack? Well, how could it make it to the track, race there, not finish last, and still be able to go back home?
Because stock, this is far from being a car you want to drive. It is difficult to find a car more dull. Its only good point is that, somehow, it brakes.

So why, for god's sake, MFT lost time in tuning such a bad car?

Well, once you try the MFT version, you come to understand that Subaru's engineers have screwed up big time.

Because, once on the track, the car is going like a racing Subaru is meant to be. And that means it is going really fast.
The braking was even more tuned, the engine is finally free to roar, turning was improved.

But i was a bit disappointed. Because Hooligans are known for bringing danger to those around them, and for not giving a good opinion of the country they are from.

This car proves that Subaru's engineers are incompetent for sure (so well done for the bad image of Japan). But is it violent? I'm not that positive about that.
It goes really well. But still, it's not that extreme (or at least, i didn't feel it).

And it's not that well hidden. I mean, there are some (ridiculous) sort of wing. It says "Hey, look at me, i'm a racer !".

On the other hand, the other hooligan is quite something.
I mean, Audi. Yeah, i think Audi's are really good cars. Sorry, i forgot one word : "really good geezers cars". All about comfort. A bit about power and speed, but well, even old people need to go to the doctor fast when they are about to die, aren't they?

Anyway, back on the S4. Stock numbers aren't that impressive. Too much leather and wood kills speed. Sure, you didn't hear anything inside it. Partly because you weren't going fast enough to hear anything, despite the aggressive marketing campaign done by Audi.

So, how could MFT improve this car?
With their incredible magic, that worked splendidly well.
This car is behaving exactly like you would expect a hidden hooligan to.
Nothing on the outside warns you of the danger you are going to be in.
The
It is a bit louder than it was before. But still no alarm ringing in the head.
Of course, the black windows, hiding the roll cage, should have lit up a little light. But what could you possibly fear in a Audi sedan, right? As if it could go fast ^^

After some turns, something is flashing red. Something like "YOU ARE GONNA DIE".

This car fits really well the "hidden hooligan" description.
For anybody outside the car, it's just a louder than usual Audi. For anyone that survived the ride inside, it's... something that should not be on the streets. The advice MFT gave about a FIA licence is not a joke.

Thanks for the review! Feel free to PM me if you have something for me to do. And this applies to Grey's car as well, shoot him a PM, will ya?

ghhh.. five in the morning. I think I shall go to bed at last, lol..💡

I've been trying the same thing Leo & Greycap, except using the RSK rather than the Blitzen. :) I'll test yours and compare with what I've got.....hopefully you guys have more of a grasp on it than what I currently do. :embarrassed:

DuoMaxwell - Thanks for trying out the red lightning! You're quite right on the car lacking the danger factor, it handles far too well in a way. However, it can certainly cause some havoc among the so called fast cars, being a subtle looking sedan with the capabilities of a WRC car on steroids which is why it's also classified as a hidden hooligan. The bodykit by Porsche admittedly looks more than a bit weird but apparently it works and once again that's what counts in the end.

mafia_boy - The grasp can be debated... the Blitzen failed to fill my expectations but then again, very few AWD cars do. The relative lack of nimbleness of them will always be a negative thing in my eyes.

and our next rides will be something different. other is german with italian flavour, other is a spicy american.

ABT Nardo W12 '01

630 bhp, 651 Nm, 1263 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Transmission
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.5 / 10.0
Ride Height: 110 / 120
Bound: 6 / 6
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / -1
Stabilizers: 4 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.779
2nd: 2.502
3rd: 1.879
4th: 1.500
5th: 1.237
6th: 1.030
Final Gear: 3.000

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 20 / 30

Driving Aids

Common knowledge has it that the VW N12 Nardo Concept was left on the prototype stage, having set a couple of speed records at the Nardò Circuit in Italy. Well, it was. But there were plans to put it into production and the German tuning brand ABT was prepared to undertake the modifications needed to homologate it as a racer. This is how it would have looked.

The engine was untouched, there being easily enough power without any further tweaking. The drivetrain was also left alone with the exception of the gearbox that was strengthened and the differential that was fine tuned for more manoeuvrability in the twisties. The brakes and suspension parts were based on the ones of the VAG group's brightest star, the Audi R8 endurance racer, to ensure that there's no shortage of grip under even the most gruelling driving. Finally the (minimal) sound insulations were cut down a bit more and race style Recaros fitted in the place of the original seats, the wheels changed to ones with a more open design to improve the brake cooling and the car rolled out. Straight into storage. It was another promising concept that never got to show its true worth.

Reviews:

by BLITZ_69
by viperpilot

Last edited:
Ill have to give that one a try, I finally got off my ass and did the GT championship (on my new file, old one got corrupted), so I now have the extreme races unlocked. The first car i planned on winning was this one.

Hey, could you guys tune a few Corvettes for my Corvette Cup? that would be so cool!

I need:
-Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63, tuned specially for Laguna Seca
-Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69 tuned Specially for Deep Forest Raceway (please put a tail on it too)
-Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90 tuned specially for Seattle Circuit (also needs a tail)

well, in that case you need to pick three cars from our selection, test them, review them in this thread and then we'll make you setups that will make winning easy.:sly:

The engine was untouched, there being easily enough power without any further tweaking

Good to see. I was wondering whether people could release cars without engine mods and get away with it. 👍

I am working on a review now. Give me an hour or two though, because I'm doing 3 of your cars on 3 different Courses and writing a magazine track test review (somewhat like you would find for the cover stories of magazines like Motor Trend and Car and Driver).

currently I am getting the money to make the cars (since I'm poor atm)

Last edited:
I would like for you to do all of them, but if you only want to do one, I can do the rest.

If you only do one, do the C2 Coupe please, it seems to have the worst handling and performance out of all of them and I'm pretty new to tuning so I wouldn't be able to bring it to be something worth driving on Laguna Seca

I decided that because I'm lazy and am no good at writing articles, I decided to only do 3 tracks and just give you my rating and a small review for each car.

Cars were tested on: Las Vegas Drag Strip, Test Course Max Speed, and Mid-Field Raceway.

Mister Black:
-Handling Rating (1 = horrible, 10 = turns on a dime): 7/10
-Review: This is a nice car, but it has a bit of understeer in some of the corners. however, if you apply the throttle right, you can get your car to drift a bit and your nose will point in the right direction. Other than that, wonderful car.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV TME
-Handling Rating (1 = horrible, 10 = turns on a dime): 8/10
-Review: I'm not much of a Mitsubishi fan (I prefer Subaru), but this isn't a bad car. it does like to slide a bit (I'm guessing it's because I'm used to having the aids turned on), but it's still pretty good. If you can master this car, it will take you places

Wolf R32
-Handling Rating (1 = horrible, 10 = turns on a dime): 5/10
-Review: Usually Volkswagens don't have a lot of power, but this one is totally different. On the strip, it took all the grip that the tires had to offer and shot off like a bullet. On the max speed I felt as if it were going to sprout wings so we could make a round trip. However, this car surprised me when I took it to Mid-Field, where it had just a little too much understeer for my liking. I still would love to see MFT work on another car with the Germans. The ride I had in this beauty makes me wonder what an MFT SLR McLaren would do.

overall I loved those cars, if you do make my 'Vettes I'm sure they would probably be able to beat plenty of other, faster cars.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV TME
-Handling Rating (1 = horrible, 10 = turns on a dime): 8/10
-Review: I'm not much of a Mitsubishi fan (I prefer Subaru), but this isn't a bad car. it does like to slide a bit (I'm guessing it's because I'm used to having the aids turned on), but it's still pretty good. If you can master this car, it will take you places
The sliding is the result of trying to decide if I wanted understeer or oversteer, oversteer won. Getting the most out of it takes understanding what the car wants, basically it likes braking in a straight line and applying throttle through the corners. Its handling is somewhere between a RWD and a traditional AWD car.

...The ride I had in this beauty makes me wonder what an MFT SLR McLaren would do.
You'll find out sooner or later. It's on my list of cars to be done, and quite high on it.

overall I loved those cars, if you do make my 'Vettes I'm sure they would probably be able to beat plenty of other, faster cars.
We will. You asked for three tunes, we asked you for three reviews in return, you delivered them. Leonidae will take care of the C2 and C4 as you reviewed two of his cars, I'll do the C3.

PM us with technical details (C2 and C4 details for Leonidae, C3 details for me) of the cars, as accurately as possible, so we'll know what to do. Power levels or even specific part lists, tyres, whatever you need to make sure we can build them to the specs you want. 👍

Last edited:
well, in that case you need to pick three cars from our selection, test them, review them in this thread and then we'll make you setups that will make winning easy.:sly:

People are doing it for free in Prologue, hurts my business.:grumpy: All good though.

Saleen GT-S7'02

586 bhp, 749 Nm, 1062 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Transmission
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 9.0 / 12.0
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Bound: 4 / 8
Rebound: 6 / 10
Camber: 2.6 / 1.3
Toe: -3 / -2
Stabilizers: 1 / 2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 9 / 13

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.017
2nd: 1.965
3rd: 1.404
4th: 1.121
5th: 0.929
6th: 0.786
Final Gear: 3.750

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids

Before Saleen came up with their insane S7 twinturbo, they played around with other kinds of options. In order to keep the potential customers' interest high, they started spreading rumors about a more track-oriented version of the already formidable S7 supercar. They said that it would be lighter, have an adjustable suspension and better throttle response and a stronger drivetrain. It would be their version of Porsche's notorious GT3 RS. After banging their head into the wall for few months, one of their engineers called MFT, and confessed that they had ran head first into a brick wall. The car was simply dangerous to drive. Within 24 hours, MFT Co was in the Saleen's secret testing grounds, tinkering on the car. Slowly but certainly, the car began to improve the laptimes, and instead of being dangerous it became very entertaining ( and smoke-producing ) to drive. Meet the Saleen GT-S7, a true American supercar at its finest.

Last edited:
Announcement
Because I've been getting bored lately, and because I need a challenge, I decided I would try to do something a little different. I will see how many races I would be able to win using only MFT setups. the only modifications I will add to the setups is a wing (with downforce) and different tires depending on the car and race it will enter. I will edit this post every once in a while to show my progress.

Progress
Current activity: testing first set of cars I will use
Events won (0/143):
none yet

Last edited:
Now that's a first one in the history of GTP :D I hope you can do it, that would be impressive and good advertisement for our cars. I suggest that when you start it, you put it in the race reports. I can add a link to it into my sig after you've started.👍

while I was planning out what cars I was going to use for each event, I noticed that there's about 17+ races that I probably won't be able to do. I may need you guys to tune a JGTC car, a Group C car, and a Formula GT, but I noticed you guys don't tune race cars, so there will probably be a few blank spaces. I also will need a truck (preferably the Toyota Tacoma X-Runner).

if you do tune those race cars, I would like the JGTC to be a Honda Castrol Mugen NSX and the Group C to be a Mazda 787B.

I might request a few more production cars later, also. I haven't really planned out the manufacturer races yet. I think theres a touring car I'm going to need too (since the event I'm going to need it for only allows certain touring cars), but again, I know you guys don't tune race cars so don't sweat it if you don't want to.

anyway, I'll need those later on, so don't worry about tuning them just yet. I'll list all the cars I need you guys to tune once I get towards needing them.

we have been planning JGTC-cars already (I have one ready in my garage, GT300 class car that can beat GT500 class cars on certain tracks), and some other racecars will probably follow.

I may need you guys to tune a JGTC car...
Oh no you don't, the Amuse NSX GT1 and the Opera S2000 will do the trick. They'll happily hang with JGTC cars when it comes to lapping pace. :D
...a Group C car...
The same thing applies here, the Nissan R390/870GT will do the trick. It's roughly equal to the LMP's and will outhandle Group C's around technical courses. :D
I also will need a truck (preferably the Toyota Tacoma X-Runner).
This is easily obtained by the usual review-and-request route. 👍

I might request a few more production cars later, also. I haven't really planned out the manufacturer races yet. I think theres a touring car I'm going to need too (since the event I'm going to need it for only allows certain touring cars), but again, I know you guys don't tune race cars so don't sweat it if you don't want to.

anyway, I'll need those later on, so don't worry about tuning them just yet. I'll list all the cars I need you guys to tune once I get towards needing them.
You're probably talking about the DTM series, nothing to worry about it. Exceptions can always be made and I have quite a load of experience with that series, it's funded pretty much every car of mine you see here. :P The FGT will be solved some way too, the problem with it is that it's very sensitive to the style of the driver. You'll probably stand equal chances of winning with the stock setup (with zero rear camber) and with ours if we even ever get it done because the car is tricky to drive no matter what is done to it. The good side is that you don't have to drive it at full speed to win the series. If you're nuts enough you could even try the R390 in the formula races too.

Oh no you don't, the Amuse NSX GT1 and the Opera S2000 will do the trick. They'll happily hang with JGTC cars when it comes to lapping pace.

I'll see what I can do with those 2 cars. I'll try the S2000 First and if it doesnt work out then I'll go to the GT1 as a last resort. I actually have some experience with ya'lls NSX R1 Titan (with me adding some power modifications) in the all Japan GT Series and I did hang up there but didn't win (got a close 4th place).

The same thing applies here, the Nissan R390/870GT will do the trick. It's roughly equal to the LMP's and will outhandle Group C's around technical courses.
*looks at the difficulty level of the car* I'll need some practice, once I can get this car to run stable for me I'll see what I can do.

This is easily obtained by the usual review-and-request route.
I figured that, I'm currently tuning up the cars I'm going to need for everything except the manufacturer races, once I have those done I'll do a testing session with all of them and then I'll use that credit for the truck and the cars I will need for the manufacturer races

You're probably talking about the DTM series, nothing to worry about it. Exceptions can always be made and I have quite a load of experience with that series, it's funded pretty much every car of mine you see here. The FGT will be solved some way too, the problem with it is that it's very sensitive to the style of the driver. You'll probably stand equal chances of winning with the stock setup (with zero rear camber) and with ours if we even ever get it done because the car is tricky to drive no matter what is done to it. The good side is that you don't have to drive it at full speed to win the series. If you're nuts enough you could even try the R390 in the formula races too.

I'll do what I can about that too. Before my memory card became corrupt (about 5 days ago) I tried that FGT Series and just could not win any of the races. but I'm sure the practice I get from all the cars I'm using from ya'lls shop will help.

Once I have the set of cars I'm tuning now done (and have taken and edited pictures of them), I'll post my challenge in it's own thread in the race reports forum. I have about 6 cars to tune, 2 of which I still have to buy/get, so I would expect maybe an hour or three before that happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back