Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently driving you Enduro pair of cars (S2000 Type V and Supra SZ-R), and I've got a question -and possibly a review later. When you ran the time trials around GVS in the cars, which tyres did you use?

I'm wondering exactly, numerically, how accesible these cars' performance is, and I'm presently driving well in the Honda on S1's, and not within 5 seconds of the record. Either this car's performance is worryingly difficult to extract, or there's a misunderstanding. I'd guess the latter, since, oddly, the S2000 is both a creation of Greycap's and an easy car to drive.

Doesn't seem like your style, Grey. :lol:

P.S.: Leo, I think I speak with the public's interests in mind when I say that your garage would be very well off with the subtle addition of MOAR JGTC!

I'm currently driving you Enduro pair of cars (S2000 Type V and Supra SZ-R), and I've got a question -and possibly a review later. When you ran the time trials around GVS in the cars, which tyres did you use?
S3, to keep the game fair with the others' times. Using S1 would have portrayed them as much slower than they are compared to the others.
I'm wondering exactly, numerically, how accesible these cars' performance is, and I'm presently driving well in the Honda on S1's, and not within 5 seconds of the record. Either this car's performance is worryingly difficult to extract, or there's a misunderstanding. I'd guess the latter, since, oddly, the S2000 is both a creation of Greycap's and an easy car to drive.

Doesn't seem like your style, Grey. :lol:
Nah, even I can't get that weight, that power and those tyres to be a real killer combination. It could have been made slightly more snappy but then its value in the endurances would have diminished due to higher tyre wear.

Indeed, the fact that you're five seconds off the mark means that the S1 tyres you're using don't hold a candle to the S3 compound I had on the car when the lap time was driven. The handling comment was directed at the car being easy to drive despite being my creation. I should probably have cut the quote before the "I guess" part and not as early as I did.

okay, I posted the thread for my challenge, which could be found here.

In that thread (more specifically, in this post), I made a testing day thing, and I reviewed 25 cars. Out of all those cars, only 2 of them were reviewed by me before, so that means I have 23 request credits, right? if so, here's a list of cars I will need for you to tune (these should be the only ones I need to request, but I'm not sure):
1. Alfa Romeo 147 GTA
2. Audi A3 3.2 Quattro
3. Chevrolet Camaro SS '69
4. Citroen 2CV Type-A
5. Daihatsu Copen Active Top
6. Daihatsu Midget II D-type
7. Hyundai HCD6
8. Isuzu 117 Coupe
9. Mazda RX-8
10. MG TF160 '03 (or MG MGF)
11. Mini Cooper '02
12. Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg ZR (or Mitsubishi Mirage 1400 GLX)
13. Opel Speedster Turbo
14. Suzuki Cappuccino
15. Suzuki Concept-S2 '03
16. Lexus IS200
17. Toyota Vitz F '99
18. Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74
19. Volkswagen Beetle 2.0 GLS
20. VW Lupo GTi
21. Toyota Tacoma X-Runner (make this one the first one you do, please)
22. a car for the Deutsche Touring Car Meistershaft (doesnt matter which one)
23. I may need to request another for the FGT Championship, we'll see

please do not think this is more important than other tunes you're doing. It may take a bit for me to get to where I need them, so work on other tunes while doing these. also, you can postpone my Corvette requests until these are done (unless you are really close to finishing them).

oh, and try not to overpower these, I'm trying not to overkill most of the races.

sorry if I sounded bossy in this post, I meant it in the most humble way possible.

I made a testing day thing, and I reviewed 25 cars. Out of all those cars, only 2 of them were reviewed by me before, so that means I have 23 request credits, right?
You have a PM about the entire thing but I'll write this to be seen by everyone. No, you don't. In the opening post of this thread it says "Try out one or more of our cars, write a small review (really a review, not "the car is OK") about it." Unfortunately I have to say your reviews were - with the exception of two or three of them - so short that no, you don't have 23 request credits. I included full reasoning to this in the PM and I hope you understand my point. Nothing has been lost yet though. 👍

You have a PM about the entire thing but I'll write this to be seen by everyone. No, you don't. In the opening post of this thread it says "Try out one or more of our cars, write a small review (really a review, not "the car is OK") about it." Unfortunately I have to say your reviews were - with the exception of two or three of them - so short that no, you don't have 23 request credits. I included full reasoning to this in the PM and I hope you understand my point. Nothing has been lost yet though. 👍

sorry about that, I'll work on better reviews. I sent you a PM back.

ABARTH 500RS TURBO '72 REVIEW

Now when I see a small Fiat in a game like Gran Turismo, in my mind I'm thinking "wtf? this isn't a car! it's a lunch box!". Well, I hopped into this car with that mind frame, thinking I'd be really slow. Well, the race started and soon I was thinking "This isn't just any lunch box, it's a lunch box from heaven!" I loved how this car almost shot off and on the first lap passed all of the cars without any trouble at Autumn Ring Mini in the sunday cup. And the funny part is, all of the other cars were about 2-3 times bigger! The suspension tuning done to this car handled the dramatic power increase really well, and the transmission got me to a good speed and got me there quickly enough to win every single race I entered it in. This one is definitely good for all sorts of races, not just the compact ones.

Finally people start to see Fiat 500 differently. :D

RJ, who the hell is Jeff Dunham? :odd:

Jeff Dunham is a ventriloquist and one of his most well known acts is Achmed the Dead Terrorist. It happens that on part of that act he's talking about a prius and says "that's not a car, it's a lunch box".

that's kindof where I got my lunch box comment.

Edit: oh and can I request my truck now? I'd like to have a Toyota Tacoma X-Runner, please

Last edited:
Endurance Cars

Honda S2000 Type R

This seems to be a very capable car, tuned slightly to an exacting specification. It has only partial power upgrades, and not even the full effect of Stage 1 Lightening, once you include the ballast. So then, logically, this car would feel slightly at-ease while driving, because it's not pushing the limits of what's possible for the car, or even coming anywhere near that point. In fact, the upgrades really only amount to an evolutionary, humble improvement over the already powerful and lightweight S2000 from the factory.

Similar to the slight statistical change, the attitude of the car is much as you'd expect of a normal S2000. The suspension in its most-used form, S1-Tyred, feels supple, perhaps soft under braking, cornering, and acceleration all alike. The natural balance of the car is standard GT4 fare: understeer with, enthusiastically driven, the possibility of oversteer. Under braking there's some standard GT4 understeer, and under throttle, there's some standard GT4 tiny oversteer. The actual balance of the car, though, in the bigger picture of power-versus-handling, is quite pleasant, and overall the car is quite neutral. It is neither under- nor over- powered, it corners perhaps slightly more quickly than most, and its cornering behaviour strikes an agreeable compromise in almost every way.

What this car is, then, is not fantastic, or terrifying, or safe, or poor. Repeatedly lapping a track with it, a driver's perception of the car slowly melts away, and eventually only the driver remains. Anything good that happens gets credited to the driver, and anything bad that happens is the driver's fault. Because this is such a neutral, medium car, driving it isn't exhausting in the least, the way driving some lively cars may be, and it does a lovely job of putting the driver in the correct endurance mindset of lasting concentration and fluid motion.

Be warned, though: On S1 Tyres, the suspension feels perhaps slightly too soft. On R1 Tyres, it just feels broken. There is no reason to use it on R1 Tyres, because there is still also the:

Supra TRD300

This car, on the other hand, seems a low-level car fully-tuned (minus, perhaps, a dash of power) to, coincidentally, the required level. It's got Stage 3 Lightening to it's brother's Stage 1, and the motor is putting in a respectable effort to keep up with (and slightly surpass) its brother. Statistically, not much seperates this from the Honda, but it's plainly clear that this car is trying very hard to keep up, and while driving, things are more difficult here because it is pushing the boundaries of its potential, and the famously clumsy Supra chassis. But despite all the struggle, it never does completely catch up to the famously nimble and precise S2000 form.

This car has slightly more power and weight than the S2000, and driving it immediately after the Honda truly magnifies the sense that something isn't working properly. The stiff suspension of the car most portrays the desperate effort it makes at cornering with dignity and flowing motion, but there's still simply not as much absolute grip as in the S2000, so there's always either epic understeer or slight oversteer, neither good for laptimes nor tyre wear. There's slightly more thrust and much less swerve in the Supra, and laptimes suffer to the tune of about 1 second per lap.

Driving in this car, there's always the feeling that you're compensating for its unwillingness to be hustled, and as such it is a much more exhausting car to drive than the first. If you let yourself forget, even for an instant, exactly what car you're driving, you'll adopt normal driving habits and the drive will suddenly become amateurish, the record line obliterated. It takes, then, substantial concentration to drive, but it's not very rewarding in the way some difficult cars are. Some difficult cars have perhaps an oversteer or wheelspin problem that masks true potential, and the driver is delighted to overcome it. Here, a driver who counters the car's problems merely gets rewarded with near-competence. It's an exhausting and exasperating car to drive, and the 5-lap test run felt like a very, very long time indeed.

But then, you equip it with R1 Tyres, and suddenly it all makes a good bit of sense. The stupidly rigid suspension becomes supple enough, and the car wakes up as a whole. There's still a touch of sloppiness, yes, but this is still a Supra, and it is a brilliant Supra (of an incapable breed). We shouldn't be comparing it to the S2000, because it's at home on S1 Tyres. This Supra, stiffly sprung and reasonably balanced (though slippy), should never be put on S1's the way the S2000 should never be put on R1's.

Verdict

Even though these cars were co-released into MFT, they shouldn't be compared directly to one another, because they are cars of different breeds. The S2000 is a high-class car modified very slightly, and very comfortably to suit a lower class of race, while the Supra is a low-class car completely modified strenuously to suit a higher class of race. The S2000 is a remarkably well-done car, perhaps not mind-bashingly exciting, but well-suited to its declared task of endurance. The Supra, meanwhile, is a merely passable attempt at an ambitious project, and I can't truly recommend it when it's surrounded by such great company here at MFT. As far as lumbering Supras go, it is agile and athletic, but otherwise you're better-served choosing another MFT creation (detuned Bluebird, anyone?) for endurance racing.

Oh well. Considering Leo's history of producing good tunes, I suppose this was an issue of car choice more than careless tuning. It's probably an optimal Supra, just not an optimal car.

My thoughts about the Aston Martin Vanquish GT.
Wow this car has handling I have never dreamed of! I've used it to do European races i have had trouble with actually. Power delivery is great also (i think it rivals the response of the Mine's GT-R.) I would never imagine making the Vanquish that fast on my own!

Now a little request:). I'd like a tune for the Nismo GT-R LM Road-Going Version. I would like the engine response to be improved and handling to be tightened up a little. Mainly I'd like to use it for Citta Di Aria and Coasta Di Almafi, but to perform well on Tokyo Route too.

Last edited:
Jeff Dunham is a ventriloquist and one of his most well known acts is Achmed the Dead Terrorist. It happens that on part of that act he's talking about a prius and says "that's not a car, it's a lunch box".

that's kindof where I got my lunch box comment.

Edit: oh and can I request my truck now? I'd like to have a Toyota Tacoma X-Runner, please

Oh yes, I need to know the specifications for the car. power, weight, tyres etc.. please, PM me about these and I'll get to work.

EA11R:, and as usual, send PM when you know what you want, unless you're killed by the little Colt I sent to you. ;) :D

HONDA CIVIC TYPE R '97 REVIEW

hmmm, the Civic... Very understeery, not very powerful, a boring average joe car.

the Civic type R: still very understeery, still not enough power, a wannabe tuner car

the MFT's version of the Civic type R? well, it still has its understeering problems, but low power isn't a problem. Right in my first race with it, I spun the tires on the start! There's not much more to say about this car, other than it's great for those FF races that need higher power.

EA11R - First, thanks for one more! The S2000 wasn't an "ordinary" tune as you've noticed, it could easily be made to be very much faster but then it would have been overkill for the target races and that was a no-no so it had to be held back. I think I got most of the base model's shortcomings ironed out, admittedly it still understeers a bit but then again, this is GT4 and occasional understeer is quite unavoidable in a FR car. Perhaps it should have been slightly tail happier to even the tyre wear but it won't be a problem even now. The fronts will go a lap or two before the rears which, on the other hand, may save the driver from spinning out. The old request rule applies. 👍

psg1_91 - Thanks for you too! The Vanquish was a surprise even for me, I didn't expect it to be such a rocket when I began tuning it. It may look like a lumbering whale in the light of the numbers but it's a true GT car, and one of the better ones at that. You have a PM about your request. 👍

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering if you guys could do a Mitsubishi Galant? My grandfather had one. I really like it, but it's not that good.

Wolfsburg Coupe QC Turbo '49
This car my not have that much power and straightline speed, but the handling is very good. If you really push it, it will start to slide a little but, but it is very controllable when it does let go. If you looking for a casual car, not that quick, but with great handling, this is for you.

Honda CR-X Type R Concept '90
Cheap Honda transformed into a pocket rocket. There are higher power levels, but if you put more in, it will understeer. The amount it has is perfect. Sometimes in gear 1, the power overwhelms the tyres but not much. The MFT guys know what they are doing when it comes to the balance between power and handling in an FF car.

no, but that situation can be fixed. :sly: you probably know how by now. ;)

Yes, I believe I do.
Please can you do a Suzuki Cappuccino?
It's an awesome car, and I'd like to see what you can do with it.
EDIT: Could you also do a Mazda Carol?
EDIT EDIT: Could you also get a 1024 x 768 pic if the Wolfsburg Coupe for me? I want to set it as a background on my computer.

Last edited:
Mazda Carol, Eh? Someone here has a thing for rear-engined oddities. :sly: I have one Capucchino ready, but if you have any wishes ( power, tyres, downforce) regarding these cars, feel free to PM the details to me. 👍

Mazda Carol, Eh? Someone here has a thing for rear-engined oddities. :sly: I have one Capucchino ready, but if you have any wishes ( power, tyres, downforce) regarding these cars, feel free to PM the details to me. 👍

Yeah, but I only bought the Carol because my brother dared me to. I want it to be good. As for the Cappuccino, I have it set up for drifting, but I want to use it for something else so whatever really, for that car.
Thanks, Leonidae!

Last edited:
I hate double posting.
Wolfsburg Karmann Ghia GTI '68
Great car. Takes down other cars easy. Handling is great. Good for old car championships.

Audi S4R '98
Brilliant car. Great power and handling. Sails past others with ease. Good for German Championships.

BMW M5 CSL
Even better than the S4R. Handling can sometimes be a bit dodgy. Very easy to slide in, but easy to control. Recommended for German events, and many others.

Ford Mustang MFT Cobra R '00
He's right about this one. One of the best "fast Fords". Power and handling are excellent, but I forgot to instsall the right tyres. I drifted a bit and spun once or twice, but even with the wrong tyres, it's still great. Reccomended for many events.

Subaru 360 STi Edition '58
Even though I didn't fully tune this one, weight-wise, the performance is good. Can outrun other 360s, without even trying. I once saw someone complain about how slow this car was. They should try this. It could lap Tsukuba in under 1.10 in the hands of a professional driver. I think so anyway. It's excellent.

And I hate to say it but don't expect five car request spots for those... I can explain more in a PM if you like but there's a marked difference between "reviewing" and "giving an opinion" and you're doing the latter. Still, every opinion is welcome, thanks for that! 👍

Mitsubishi Evolution VI RS "Raiden"'99

533 bhp, 627Nm, 1071 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 5
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Variable Centre Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 10.0 / 7.5
Ride Height: 112 / 132
Bound: 7 / 10
Rebound: 10 / 7
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: -2 / -1
Stabilizers: 3 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 4

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.045
2nd: 1.399
3rd: 1.065
4th: 0.865
5th: 0.720
6th: 0.600
Final Gear: 4.875

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 10/10
Acceleration: 10/13
Deceleration: 10/25

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 40

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

This is yet another one-off concept from the Ralliart, that never got into the showrooms. Even the always stalking automotive paparazzis missed this bog-standard looking Evolution VI RS. Nothing in its body revealed that it was harnessing power that could have destroyed nearly any current supercar in terms of acceleration and driveability. There was only one hint, and it was cut slicks, subtle enough to fool the spy photographers. You might wonder why it has such an impressive tyre set if its "a mere Evolution". Well, there iare 533 reasons why it has those tyres, and those 533 reasons have 627 friends to back them up if there's need. And if you want to take her for a spin ( not literally!), you'll find out why it was named as "Raiden" after a famous Japanese WWII Fighterplane.

P.S. There are some bags in the glovebox if motion sickness surprises. ;)

Greetings!

I already had this car with a similar setup, so I modified it to your settings and here's my (albeit brief) review:

I ran this in the El Capitan 200 mile enduro, where it ran consistent ~1:53's for nearly the entire race (on sports tires). I did, however, slightly tweak the suspension and set the springs to 9.0 front and 6.8 rear. I also adjusted the downforce and the autoset to 12, instead of 15.

All in all, I like this setup very much, barring the spring settings. Otherwise, I'd easily give it an 8.5 out of 10.

Oh yes, one other thing, I adjusted the ride height: 120/127. I did this as the Capitan has some odd rises in the track, and I feared bottoming out.

Nice work overall!

EDIT: I realised after reading this that it was barely useful, so, a little more in depth we shall go -

Balance: Overall, excellent. This car is relatively difficult to upset, even at high speed.
Turn-in: Good overall, though once again, I had to slightly modify the spring settings to compensate for the sports tyres and my own driving style.
Durability: This car in general seems to hold up very well - to give you an idea, before I came across your setup, I had already put nearly 60,000 miles on it (bought used at some odd mileage) and it has lost little power in that time.
Usability: One area where this car truly shines is just how incredibly versatile it is: endurance runs, rallyes, spot races, the lot. It, much like a Mac, just works.

So there, I hope that was a little more informative.

Any chance of getting a setup for the Alfa 147?

Last edited:
One truck ordered, and under development. :D

I've got one already prepped. ;) A special tribute to the recently released 225Kw TRD Hilux here in Australia. I hope you like developing your Tacoma as much as I love mine. :D

Pagani Zonda C12R 7.3 '02

624 bhp, 826 Nm, 1212 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 11.5 / 12.0
Ride Height: 80 / 80
Bound: 3 / 5
Rebound: 5 / 7
Camber: 2.5 / 1.3
Toe: -2 / -1
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 8 / 6

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.012
2nd: 1.972
3rd: 1.485
4th: 1.178
5th: 0.979
6th: 0.796
Final Gear: 3.170

Autoset 17

LSD
Initial: 15
Acceleration: 13
Deceleration: 20

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

First there was Pagani Zonda C12. Then there was Zonda C12S. Finally, their big brother, C12S 7.3 joined the already intimidating batch of supercars. But that's not all. Enter C12R 7.3, the most insane Zonda before the fierce F-model. The aerodynamics were tweaked and the transmission, clutch and differential were beefed up to deal with the extra grunt. The insane yet luxurious interior was stripped into a truly spartan specification. The massive AMG-sourced 7.3l V12 got a new exhaust system, and the inner workings of the engine were sorted out, and with that, the engine's soundtrack resembles an angel that's falling from the sky in a howling ball of fire. And don't bother with the organ donor card, since there won't be any of them left even if you survive the ride.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back