Dutch Customs Tuning Shop - Your one stop tuning shop - Closed

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 1,311 comments
Which is also very different. ;) :P Anyway, it's very interesting to see very different approaches yet again. :)

Thanks, glad you like it. 👍 The other one was a bit too twitchy for online use, so I gave it a bit more downforce. I also adjusted gearing so it's just the first 5 gears. The other changes are mostly finetuning.

Which is also very different. ;) :P Anyway, it's very interesting to see very different approaches yet again. :)

I know, I was combining parts from the HSR and parts from the Suzuka cars making me think our setups were equal (hazy memory), when my 2 are completely different to this one by themselves.:dunce:

Has anybody a good Setup for the GT-R @Eiger Nordwand 700pp?? i don´t now why but i get oversteer when i break on the long right corner before the tunnel... oversteer is normal there but thats too much... i tested change the break balance but i don´t know how tuning works :X

Hi there, I have four cars on my todo list already, so if you really need it quick, you should try one of the other tuners. I'll be happy to do it after the other four are off my list, but that may take a while. Apart from tuning I still have to practice the GTLM for the showdown and testdrive my new G25. Oh, and the wife and daughter want some attention too apparently. :P

There is a Pro Suzuka race with the F2007. Could you do a tune for this F1 beast? I will gladly help test for you.

the f2007 flies with a standard tune. would love to see how much more time i can squeeze out.

I am gonna go test this bad boy Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car 800PP HSR Tuner Showdown to compare with the other one that you had before. By looks and some calculation, I think it's faster! :P

There is a Pro Suzuka race with the F2007. Could you do a tune for this F1 beast? I will gladly help test for you.
See my post above, I'm pretty stuffed with things to do at the moment. If you want it done quickly, you'd better go to one of the other tuners. I will be accepting requests again once my todo list is empty. ;)

I am gonna go test this bad boy Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car 800PP HSR Tuner Showdown to compare with the other one that you had before. By looks and some calculation, I think it's faster! :P
We've had some very nice results with the new tune. 👍 I am really curious what you can do with it. :) I kept the old tune in for comparison.

Oh BTW, got my G25 yesterday, awesome wheel! Now I'm waiting for the wheelstand to arrive, so I can play on my PS3 instead of my PC.

See my post above, I'm pretty stuffed with things to do at the moment. If you want it done quickly, you'd better go to one of the other tuners. I will be accepting requests again once my todo list is empty. ;)

no problem i will gladly wait. no offense to the other tuners, they are great, but you are the best. no other tuner reflects my driving style more than you.

Stability!

I cant wait till you finish the Audi R8 for Suzuka 750. i used your previous tune and just upped the horse power (719pp). I clocked in at 1:58.9xx just a few moments ago online.

The Audi handles like a dream. Maybe not the fastest but once you get it up to speed it will stay there with the proper cornering. A frequent winner for me online.

A job well done and keep up the good work. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I have been testing three GTLM tune out, TLD, RVT, and DC - and RVT is absolutely the most fun.

Just ran a 1'1"440 on HSR live with the DC tune - legit don't remember any drafting. No driving aids. ABS on 1.

I'll stick with it, see how repeatable it is. The next lap was a 1'2"300.

I have been testing three GTLM tune out, TLD, RVT, and DC - and RVT is absolutely the most fun.

Just ran a 1'1"440 on HSR live with the DC tune - legit don't remember any drafting. No driving aids. ABS on 1.

I'll stick with it, see how repeatable it is. The next lap was a 1'2"300.

Bethlehem, Pa? Wow thats close. Im from Lansdale.

Hey Tzayad,I just finished race with you at HSR. silver tuned Z06 I was running setup on Z06 I got off this thread. after an early spin that GT was hard to catch. I won 3or 4 races with Z06 setup. looks like now i'll try the GT setup

Oh hey! this is actually the first time I've ever spoken to someone I raced with. Yea. I messed up royally in the beginning. But once I was out of traffic, I tunnelvisioned and went nuts. I'm going to srtart the next race - hopefuly see you there!

A job well done and keep up the good work. Thanks again.
You're welcome. Expect the Audi and Evo to pop up first, the Lotus and (to lesser extent) the Amuse will take some more work

Though this hardly says anything related to free run due to the rubberband effect, it's still extremely fast. 👍

Hey Tzayad,I just finished race with you at HSR. silver tuned Z06 I was running setup on Z06 I got off this thread.
The Z06 is an excellent choice, it's fast and it's mostly stable. The GTLM is your choice if you want to drive what Satan does. ;)

Last edited:
regarding my post earlier where i mentioned i had a 1'58"9xx with the Audi R8 on Suzuka. Although i didnt crash, that may have been due to the rubberband effect. I will do a few free runs today and see if i can match it. Damn rubberband effect. I was quite excited for a moment. oh well.

Nice to see other people who loves the R8 :)

My best laptimes for Suzuka with R8 are 2.02.026, so I still work hard to see 2.01.xxx, but maybe with NLxAROSA`s new tune I got it :)

I look forward to it, and he is realy good for tuning.

Per

just did maybe 20 laps with the R8, and i have come to the conclusion that the rubber band was in effect. im consistently getting 2.00.xxxs and 2.01.xxxs. Still not a bad time overall considering the low PP. Although with the increase in horsepower (+16 i believe) there tends to be a little understeer.

Also Before the increase in HP:
At Suzuka, the double left turn sweep; Called the Spoon Curve.

i would take the first left in 4th, braking slightly late and cutting through the apex to kick out the rear. As I approach the rumble strip on the right I downshift to 3rd and apply some heavy throttle control to cut through the apex of the 2nd left of the sweep.
Although risky, I've mastered the technique. This method would get me to the last straight at a very high speed, giving very little chance for any cars to catch up.

But with the increase in HP I cant seem to kick out the rear and have to apply more braking to effectively take the turn. Slowing me down a bit and preventing me from getting the ideal speed out the sweep.

Maybe if i were to adjust the brake balance to give the rear more braking power I could end up with the preferred result? Let me know what everyone thinks. I'm not that great when it comes to tuning.

This may all be useless though as the new tune for the R8 should be out soon.

THanks

Last edited:
I'm pretty busy at the moment, but you can be sure I will spend some time tuning during the weekend. :) I'll look into the Audi R8 tonight though, see if I can fix your problem and at the same time get a car off my todo list. ;) To make it corner better I'd rather tune the suspension than mess with the brakes (though it might be part of the solution).

Just out of curiousity, where did you learn to tune so well? real world experience? trial and error? someone like me could learn a lot from you.

Well, I started tuning roughly about the same time as I registered here. :) Which is around April 14th 2008.

I have never tuned a car in my life before GT5P. When the full blown GT5 will be released with things like separate tuning for bound/rebound for dampers and other stuff like anti-roll bars it will be just as new for me as it is for you. :D

I learned a lot by reading tuning guides and lots of trial and error. I also payed attention to what other tuners and drivers said about my tunes. That, and an analytical, structured and creative approach to the tuning process. And a lot of luck and errors ofcourse. :P ;)

To be honest, my first tunes were pretty crappy (browse back to see what I mean), but I learn fast. :) I released a couple of individual tunes before Dragonistic suggested I should open up shop in here, which I did. The rest of the history you can find by reading this topic (and others). :)

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX/Tuned 750PP Suzuka Pro Online​

By popular demand, DC is proud to present: the Evo IX/Tuned for Suzuka 750PP. Very fast, very stable, you can throw this puppy around like a ragdoll. :) Have fun and let me know what you think of it!

Power: +44
Weight: 85%

Tyres: R3
Downforce: 13/20

Height: -10/-8
Springs: 3/7
Dampers: 2/6
Toe: +0.09/+0.11
Camber: 1.9/1.1
Brakes: 3/7

Angle: 40
TC: OFF
ABS: 1

1st: 2.523
2nd: 1.981
3rd: 1.519
4th: 1.199
5th: 0.948
6th: 0.763
Final: 4.038

Just out of curiousity, where did you learn to tune so well? real world experience? trial and error? someone like me could learn a lot from you.

If you want to really learn how to tune better with some guidance, I definitely recommend signing up to be a test driver with one of the tuners. I knew what all the bits to tuning but I didnt know to implement it all and tune to my driving style before playing GT5:P. I started firstly testing TLD's tunes then DC's and finally becoming an official test driver for DC, and I learned a lot from it. Sometimes the tuner will come up with several different possible tunes to test and this is where you learn the most about all the in's and out's of tuning.
I also highly recommend testing several different tunes from different tuners because you see different approaches and philosophies to tuning.

In my opinion, test driving is the way to go if you want to learn quickly.👍

If you want to really learn how to tune better with some guidance, I definitely recommend signing up to be a test driver with one of the tuners. I knew what all the bits to tuning but I didnt know to implement it all and tune to my driving style before playing GT5:P. I started firstly testing TLD's tunes then DC's and finally becoming an official test driver for DC, and I learned a lot from it. Sometimes the tuner will come up with several different possible tunes to test and this is where you learn the most about all the in's and out's of tuning.
I also highly recommend testing several different tunes from different tuners because you see different approaches and philosophies to tuning.

I would love to be a test driver. I can definitely see your point there. Where do i sign up? or can i just be informal and send a private message?

Thanks by the way.

:lol: Its nothing super formal or anything, i'm sure if you ask any of the tuners they will gladly make some use of you, depends on if they like having test drivers around I suppose.

It does provide an insight in the mind of the tuner you're testdriving for. My tuning process is iterative, where I start out with a basic tune, supply it to the test drivers, they test it and based on their results (and my own testing as well) I make some changes, then I supply it to the test drivers again, etc. etc. until it's 'done'. I say 'done' because there are always tiny personal settings you can change, but at a certain point, the tune is good enough. Testdrivers are (at least for me) an essential part in the tuning process. Without them no quality tunes.

:lol: Its nothing super formal or anything, i'm sure if you ask any of the tuners they will gladly make some use of you, depends on if they like having test drivers around I suppose.
Yes, most tuners don't have any demands, apart from the 500-question exam and the buying of lots of beer for the tuner. :lol: ;) :P

Back