Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
kas kas, uusi Suomalainen jäsen.. tervetuloa, ja käy useamminkin! (let's see how many will be puzzled by that ;) )

waggles - Thanks! The car is a bit of a handful especially when decelerating in such sweepers but the tendency to hang the tail out can be turned into a weapon to help in the situations that occur when you've overdriven the car into a corner. About the Elise, I have one old 111R in my garage that could help in this case. PM me with further details if there are any. 👍

Sauriini - Thanks, and welcome! You're (according to my memory) the first one to try the setup mix and it seems to work well, the cars are still similar enough to utilize each other's setups. If there's anything you need, give me a call.

Psst, buddy... you should know that you don't write nationalities with capital letters in Finnish. :D

Tom's Woodone Supra GT500 '03

528 bhp, 617 Nm, 1100 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
R3 Tyres
Oil Change

Suspension
Spring Rate: 15.8 / 13.8
Ride Height: 65 / 70
Bound: 6 / 7
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: 1 / 0
Stabilizers: 4 / 6

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 4

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.514
2nd: 2.378
3rd: 1.800
4th: 1.443
5th: 1.209
6th: 1.019
Final Gear: 3.250

Autoset 14

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 30
Deceleration: 10

Downforce
Amount: 50 / 70

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Sometimes there are cars that divide opinions more effectively than the Iron Curtain once divided Europe. The oddly coloured Woodone Supra is one of those, some people swear the old turbocharged models are the best JGTC Supras ever created and that the new V8 model is just a useless piece of junk. Some people just know better. When we had the chance to help the mechanics at Tom's to improve the already capable car we took full advantage of it and decided to show the world what it can do. The adjustments needed were small, only a click here, a click there but the improvement is undeniable. Some things, such as the springs, weren't exactly broken so there was no need to try and fix them. It was a fearsome performer out of the box but now it's better, having shed about two seconds off its lap time around the proving grounds. That two seconds means increasing the average speed from 178 km/h to 182 km/h, not that much when you think of it. Or is it? The engine is still the same, the downforce is still the same. Considering that there wasn't anything seriously wrong to begin with I dare to say that's quite an achievement. And the biggest difference can't even be seen, it can only be felt. Give it a try and see if you agree.

Reviews:

by PF
by stidriver

Last edited:
TRD MR2 SC '86 (Review)

I need a fast and light car for the Japan Championship. So I went with this car. At first we didn't get along, This thing is unforgiving if you are off line with it. I must have died 4 or 5 times.

OVERALL: A fast car. Light on it feet, just like I like it. The tail of the car is a little bit tail happy when you lift. Don't do to much input on this car and you won't get bit. Breaks were good to go. overall a fast car. Oh and the gt-r couldn't keep up and tried to hit me.

I would have loved to see a more harder suspension on the car too. This is one of my new car that one the I love this car list. That's all I have for now. I won the whole thing too. Good job on this car.

Thank you very much for the short but accurate review. Please, if you have a car in mind that you'd like to have, do send a PM with specs. Or, if you want, I could review one of your cars.

Thank you very much for the short but accurate review. Please, if you have a car in mind that you'd like to have, do send a PM with specs. Or, if you want, I could review one of your cars.

none at this time thanks. only if you want to man. I couldn't put it in to words man, sorry it's was so short

Hey,
just plotted the "imperial March 99"
around a few tracks, Tsukuba in particular.

at first all i could do with it was spin the front wheels, and skate all over the place,
i guess im still getting used to my g25. so i fitted the qualify tyres i already owned,
then i LOVED the setup. it eliminated all the tyre spin, and made the brakes feel 83% better, lol.
was much fun, and as its the 1st "tune" ive tried, it opened my eyes at how conservative the default settings can be.
with my own setup, i couldn't put down any good times with the stage 3 turbo,
i was faster with the stage 2. as i had no good idea on suspension settings.

i feel bad that i changed the tyres, i know u want the cars to have a feel. and not always easy to drive. i shaved 4 seconds off my time, in only 5 laps getting used to the settings,

im looking forward to trying more setups. oh and for the pic, did u photoshop in the decals? or is that a model i haven't won or seen for sale.

again thank you, and if u want id love an r31 gts-r tune...

No worries about changing the tyres, as long as you didn't touch suspension, gearing, LSD or brakes. It took a while from me too to learn how to drive with a wheel. And it indeed is a photoshop, made by Greycap who is dealing with the graphics of the pictures. PM me the specs you want from the GTS-R and I'll get onto it, I believe I have a couple of those in my garage.

review of the AMG SLR McLaren 700 Edition:

the SLR 700 is a lot better than the stock car. the acceleration is better thanks to the closer gears, the handling is also better, but still there is understeer. you have to finish the braking before steering, because steering under braking with the SLR 700 will end in the wall (at least in my hands).
you really made the car a lot better, and i think you'll never could tune a M-B in GT4 perfect!

viper

review of the AMG SLR McLaren 700 Edition
Does this indicate the existence of a new GT4 disc? :D

But indeed, thanks for the review! It IS possible to tune a perfect Mercedes in this game, the SLR 700 with racing tyres is capable of quite frightening feats. The sports compounds can't hide the weight completely as you've seen, the long wheelbase won't help any and the ABS takes away the rest of the capabilities. With racing rubber the weight is absorbed, the wheelbase turns into stability and the brakes can bite with their full power. And the extra care can be thrown right out of the window. You need something, you know the drill. 👍

NOTE! - From this on, we won't make race car setups, since they differ greatly from the roadcars that we're used to in terms of handling and performance.

What happened to the no race car rule?
I liked the way that there were no race cars here, they're too expensive! Road cars are more affordable and more fun when tuned, than race cars, in my opinion. Of course, people will disagree with me, but it's just my thoughts.

That's a request rule, I'm afraid. We've never set any limits to what we release, only to what people can request. The rule is there to stop people requesting cars that will bankrupt us, knowing the price of the LMP's it wouldn't take too long.

Does this indicate the existence of a new GT4 disc? :D

But indeed, thanks for the review! It IS possible to tune a perfect Mercedes in this game, the SLR 700 with racing tyres is capable of quite frightening feats. The sports compounds can't hide the weight completely as you've seen, the long wheelbase won't help any and the ABS takes away the rest of the capabilities. With racing rubber the weight is absorbed, the wheelbase turns into stability and the brakes can bite with their full power. And the extra care can be thrown right out of the window. You need something, you know the drill. 👍

indeed i have a new GT4 disc, you're absolutely right! i'll try the racing-tyres and let you know, how the cars character changed for me. and yes, i know the drill, thanks for that.

viper

Hey MFT, that Woodone Supra is a joy to drive.

While only a few settings are changed, and most by a small amount, the tune seems to be perfectly balanced. The changes to suspension are fairly straightforward, the LSD and downforce seemed to be the significant settings altered. The car is incredibly stable and predictable through corners, and this lets you really utilise the massive torque through gears 2 and 3. In fact the car is so fast through corners that I first found it a bit overwhelming going through multiple corners and having such little time to line up for the next turn.

If you're worried about the cost, just buy the damn thing. You don't need a single part except for oil change, and the car is more than worth the credits. This is another great addition to my garage, thanks again MFT!

rewiev of the Audi S4R '98:

the handling really improved thanks to the MFT-work, still there is some understeer at high speeds. the acceleration is stunning compared to the stock car and top-speed is also fine for tracks with long straights. i really liked the car, the brakes work fine and there is no wheelspin at all, thanks to Quattro-system and Susp-tuning.

viper

Leonidae
Thank you for the review! good to see that our older tunes haven't been completely forgotten!

no, i always wanted to tune the old S4, and you served a fine setup 👍

here are the next two reviews:

ABT Le Mans Quattro:
although no power is added to the car, it is a really great performer! acceleration is blasting and the brakes really bite hard and work perfect. i noticed some understeer but otherwise the handling is fine and the oversteer-control is also increased. if there was an Audi R8 in the game, i think i would handle just like this concept!

ABT Nardo W12:
power is no issue in the Nardo, it has enough power for two fast cars! the acceleration is stunning, but is held back by wheelspin in 1st and 2nd gear. when exiting a corner in 2nd gear you should also be easy on the throttle. again some understeer, but handling general is great, a real race-car and the braking is spot-on for me personally.

viper

Nissan Motul Pitwork Z GT500

509 bhp, 773 Nm, 1080 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
R1 / R2 / R3 Tyres
Oil Change

Suspension
Spring Rate: 12.5 / 10.0
Ride Height: 55 / 60
Bound: 2 / 2
Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 2.2 / 1.3
Toe: -1 / 0
Stabilizers: 1 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 2

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.144
2nd: 2.128
3rd: 1.557
4th: 1.198
5th: 1.033
6th: 0.912
Final Gear: 3.650

Autoset 14

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 10

Downforce
Amount: 50 / 70

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Meet Nissan Motul Pitwork Z, one of the real monsters of racetracks. It was created to compete in the GT500-class, which is simply a step up from the GT300-class, but not only in terms of power, but the level of required skill as well. As every JGTC car, it only looks like the roadgoing version. Unlike one would expect, under the hood of this full blown carbonfiber monster is VG30DETT instead of VQ35DE. This twin turbocharged heart has been tuned to produce monstrous amounts of power and especially torque. Traction is ensured with wide range of racing slicks, fully adjustable gearbox and LSD, and everything us pure racing spec. But keep in mind; This is the REAL thing, a pure racecar. NOT a hampered down, worn out trainer car. It WILL bite your head off without mercy, should you make an error. Godspeed, and don't forget your HANS-device.

hey leonidae we heard about the shooting and was just woundering how you are doing ok!!! we dont have internet any more so i am writing to you from my class computer!!!

Alive and well, unfortunately the same can't be said about the shooter... just another coward that could kill ten people but couldn't face the world.

Good to hear that we have more feedback on the way!

But in the meantime I should counter those earlier reviews of yours. The Le Mans Quattro is a tough nut to crack when it comes to removing all the understeer, the light nose combined to four wheel drive and the GT4 physics isn't the most comfortable starting point but at least the car is fast. Somewhat tricky to drive but fast. The Nardo on the other hand corrects the problem with the driving front wheels... and gains another in the form of wheelspin as you've found out. Then again 600+ bhp through two sports tyres sounds like trouble to begin with, I'd call a viceless car with those power levels one hell of a miracle. Much of the car's handling is due to the downforce it boasts, and that's probably where the race car style stems from too.

Thanks for those, looking forward to the next ones! 👍

Brief review of the Nissan Motul Pitwork Z GT500

This is another great racer, quite similar at face value to the Toyota Woodone. At 528hp it's got about 20 more than the Woodone and has another 20kg of weight but, as Leo implies, it's far less forgiving. The Toyota really impressed this novice driver by the way you can correct your line during a corner and still shift the weight in a way to get a terrifyingly fast exit speed. The Motul-Z seems to give far less room to adjusting your line, and this made me more cautious.

However, I think this may be because the car is more responsive than the Toyota. With more precise handling, higher top speed and (I think) higher torque band the Motul-Z should be able to keep up with the Toyota if it has a competent driver. I've only put about 10 laps on this car, compared to 60 or 70 for the Woodone, so my opinion may change.

One way in which this car is inherently superior to the Toyota is the fact it's a prize car, so you save 1 000 000cr just by winning the biggest championship in the Japan events. There is no excuse not to get this car.

PART II

We put a few more laps on the car and got it down to within 0.5 or so of the Woodone. I actually think this could go faster than the Toyota in the hands of a really skilled driver, but for rank amateurs like my testing partner and I it’s not as controllable and predictable. Also, the gears may be set too high for GVS, ‘cause I don’t think we were getting top speed on the straight.

I’ve never liked this type of car. They go too fast, are hard to handle and they’ve got crap painted all over them. However, these two have changed my mind completely.

Both of MFT’s GT500 cars are superb, and I would urge anyone with even a passing interest in GT4 to get both. Immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back