• 36 comments

GBWH1991

Bopper
Premium
Scotland
Dundee, Scotland
BopperJr
Sinner Bopper
Can anyone help with this, as all my PS1 memory cards got thrown out when I moved house, and since aquiring a PS3, I can't really be bothered to go through the game again...

On my origional save, I had about 9million credits, so I am hoping someone can set me up with a save with a roughly similar ammount...

Any help will be appreciated.

oh my god, i can't believe i've just read that statement

It is just that it takes time I don't have, I prefer to play GT4, but would like a GT1 gamesave to play on the PS3 when I get tired of playing GT4...

It may sound lazy, but I really struggled to get through GT1 the first time around, so going through it again will take time I don't have (Too much college work to do when I am at home) so I just like to have a play on GT1 every now and then just for leasure...

a similar thing happened to me (documented here) but trust me it really is worth putting in a few minutes here and there to regain all the lost progress yourself :)

To be honest, I wish I had the time, as I do love playing the GT seris...

How far have you got since you had to re-start? Any chance of uploading a save?

i can't remember far i got in the end because it's been a while since i played. how do i upload from the memory card?

For the PS3 virtual memory, you have to copy it off the PS3, and onto a USB device.

If off the PS2, I think that Action Replay Max can do it, but I'm not 100%

I think I've got a couple of 100% games on my PS3 internal PS1 card, though not all golds. They do you?

I find going back to GT1 tremendously difficult because I can't see squat and there's no analogue button inputs. And have you ever tried playing GT1/2 on an LCD screen? Oh my, what a palaver.

I think I've got a couple of 100% games on my PS3 internal PS1 card, though not all golds. They do you?

I find going back to GT1 tremendously difficult because I can't see squat and there's no analogue button inputs. And have you ever tried playing GT1/2 on an LCD screen? Oh my, what a palaver.

That would be brilliant.

That's the trouble here too, after going through the series, it is easy to adapt to the new physics, but going back to to original is very difficult...

Could you PM me the saves please?

Okay, here's a GT1 & GT2 (both PAL) savegame from what purports to be my Master Save PS1 card, so these ought to be 100% complete, but probably not with all-gold licences.

I zipped up the PS3 folder, so just unzip it and move the PS3 folder to the root folder of a USB drive or SD Card and the PS3 should be able to read them.

15kb :lol:

Attachments

• GT1andGT2gamesaves.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,564
Okay, here's a GT1 & GT2 (both PAL) savegame from what purports to be my Master Save PS1 card, so these ought to be 100% complete, but probably not with all-gold licences.

I zipped up the PS3 folder, so just unzip it and move the PS3 folder to the root folder of a USB drive or SD Card and the PS3 should be able to read them.

15kb :lol:

Thanks for the folder. Now all I need to buy is the PS3 and I'm well away!!!! So does this mean that the PS3 allows tyou to play old PSX and presumably PS2 games?

TMM
Thanks for the folder. Now all I need to buy is the PS3 and I'm well away!!!! So does this mean that the PS3 allows tyou to play old PSX and presumably PS2 games?

You can play the PS1 games on a PAL system, but I think it is only the PAL 60gb verison that will play PS2 games in England...

I went out and bought the 40gb version, and was quite disappointed to find that for the 40gb they had removed the backwards compatibility of the PS2 discs...

Just got to find a 60gb PS3 in a shop, all I seem to find is 40gb and 80gb...

You can play the PS1 games on a PAL system, but I think it is only the PAL 60gb verison that will play PS2 games in England...

I went out and bought the 40gb version, and was quite disappointed to find that for the 40gb they had removed the backwards compatibility of the PS2 discs...

Just got to find a 60gb PS3 in a shop, all I seem to find is 40gb and 80gb...

Thanks, my understanding was that none of the PS3's were backwardly compatiable. What about on the Net, that's where I bought my Ps2 for a good deal and I haven't had any probs with it.

All PS3s allow you to play all PS1 games. The 60Gb original release is the only PAL-region console to allow you to play PS2 games (and sometimes not all of those).

All PS3s allow you to play all PS1 games. The 60Gb original release is the only PAL-region console to allow you to play PS2 games (and sometimes not all of those).

Bizare, why does the PS3 let you play PSX but not PS2? Seems strange.

It contains the PS1 chipset, but not the PS2 Emotion Engine.

Early US-spec 60Gb consoles contained the PS2 Emotion Engine. Early PAL-spec 60Gb consoles didn't, but used software emulation of it in order to play PS2 games (with varying success). PS3 firmware updates often altered the emulation software to allow more games to be played on it.

Current PS3s use neither hardware nor software emulation for PS2 games, but still contain the PS1 chipset.

It contains the PS1 chipset, but not the PS2 Emotion Engine.

Early US-spec 60Gb consoles contained the PS2 Emotion Engine. Early PAL-spec 60Gb consoles didn't, but used software emulation of it in order to play PS2 games (with varying success). PS3 firmware updates often altered the emulation software to allow more games to be played on it.

Current PS3s use neither hardware nor software emulation for PS2 games, but still contain the PS1 chipset.

I see, thanks for explaining that for me.

TMM
Bizare, why does the PS3 let you play PSX but not PS2? Seems strange.

Of course "why" can mean different things.

One question is, "What is the immediate cause of the condition?"

But another question is, "What thinking made the various parties involved in releasing the product decide to tolerate, if not create, the condition?"

Of course "why" can mean different things.

One question is, "What is the immediate cause of the condition?"

But another question is, "What thinking made the various parties involved in releasing the product decide to tolerate, if not create, the condition?"

I was really thinking of the 2nd, why did Sony release the PS3 knowing it won't play all the PS2 games? I would have thought that being backward compatiable would be a selling point, otherwise people might as well get the Xbox and start collecting games again. Do you know if the graphics are upgraded on PSX games like they were on the PS2?

OMG!
IVE BEEN SEArching hi and lo for 2 days str8!
thanks for the files!
i hope that they are as good as i hope!
if anyone has 100% complete or sumthing pretty damn crazy please upload it!

They are great saves, take it from me!!!!

Hey, Famine, do you by any chance have a PSP save file for a NTSC Gran Turismo 2, I have recently got hold of a CFW PSP and have a GT2 eboot on there, but it is tiring going through it again... I was hoping that the PSV I got from gamefaqs.com would work, but I've had no luck...

I don't, but I could probably fire you an NTSC-J GT2 save for the PS3.

They are great saves, take it from me!!!!

Hey, Famine, do you by any chance have a PSP save file for a NTSC Gran Turismo 2, I have recently got hold of a CFW PSP and have a GT2 eboot on there, but it is tiring going through it again... I was hoping that the PSV I got from gamefaqs.com would work, but I've had no luck...

I am looking for one too, except a PAL version. If anyone has one it would be greatly appreciated.

I am going to try and convert a PSV save into PSP format and I'll let you know how it turns out. But I have a feeling that I won't get much success.

I found out if you have a Playstation 3, you can copy the save from to the PSP and it works perfectly.

Back