Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
stidriver - Thanks for putting the racers through their paces! I see you've found understeer in both of them, I'm afraid that's just me trying to make sure the car reaches its limits and warns the driver before merging with the guard rails. They'll undoubtedly do some good job in endurance due to this reason. If you need something, just tell me. 👍

viperpilot - Great, one more almost forgotten car taken out! The line-up of Evos has been a long time favourite of mine since the original GT (my Evo IV keeping that legacy alive) and this one pushes it about as far as road going models can. The AYC works some true magic in helping the car turn. You know the drill.

S-Line Audi Fan - First, thanks! And second, I have a feeling I probably should know you from somewhere but I have to admit I don't. What is certain though is that you picked a true monster to familiarize yourself with my work... and you made it to tell about it. Some people who picked a certain other black creature didn't. :P This one is a car that probably hasn't left anyone cold, and I see you were enthusiastic enough to see the Carbon Creature which says a lot in itself. If there's a need for anything, just give me a call. 👍

Now, if someone wishes to post something, please do so. I don't like double posting and I have a car coming. :D

Thank you for the kind words, Grey. You're welcome ;) I've registered myself today and I don't know from where you can know me, but it doesn't matter, here I am :) . I would give you or Leo (see review of IMPREZA VI Coupe R '99 "Frost" above) an exercise, but the problem is that my GT4 doesn't work. Actually I don't know the problem for this, but I hope I can solve it someday. Every other game works, except for GT4 (and GT3 :lol: ) for some reason. I don't know if it's up to the PS2 or the disks.. But it will work, just think positive :) .

Many greetings,
S-Line Audi Fan

P.S. Can you give any hint on what is coming up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lancia Stratos HF Stradale '73

331 bhp, 373 Nm, 891 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.0 / 5.0
Ride Height: 130 / 140
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 6
Camber: 2.5 / 1.0
Toe: -1 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 7 / 3

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.544
2nd: 2.548
3rd: 2.000
4th: 1.666
5th: 1.400
6th: 1.150
Final Gear: 3.000

Autoset 6

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 40
Deceleration: 10

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

When it was born the Stratos differed from most of its rivals in the reason it was built for. It wasn't made to be the flashy girl magnet, no, it was made to be the best possible rally car and that can be seen. It's tiny, sleek, and quite close to the optimal 4:2:1 dimensions. And boy it handles. Screaming around corners in effortless slides the old Italian is a perfect example of a car built to be driven.

But... does it mean it can't be improved? Certainly not. That's why our example is fitted with as much Group 4 parts as we could find, straight from the once victorious rally cars sporting the bright Alitalia colours. The Dino V6 is the unchallenged heart of the car in its new trim and while the amount of power isn't that extraordinary it's easily enough to propel the lightweight body well beyond the speed limits in no time. While faster, sturdier and more stable the car is still very much of a Stratos, giving the same thrill as the slightly wallowy stock model but adding a lot of speed to it. Not recommended for the beginners but if you know how to drive you'll see that the fun factor of the car just went through the roof. Truly a sports car at its best.

Last edited:
Wow, this car's looking good :eek: . I'll try to get my GT4 working as soon as possible, trust me, Grey.

Greets, S-Line Audi Fan

P.S. Let's see what is Leo going to come up with ;)

This seems promising.

"Rally Relic"...
Wondering what the other one could be...
Surely not the delta, or the quattro, that were done before...

💡

I will make sure to at least try this one out.
And if the other one is the one i think of, i might as well try it. But i'm not sure, i'm really fond of the line of the stratos...

Hello Leonidae and Greycap, I know about this thread now for almost one year, but have registered by now (Leo knows the details about this..) and want to review the IMPREZA VI Coupe R '99 "Frost"

First of all thanks for adding more power to the car 👍 . It accelerates fast and the brakes are very good. There's no wheelspin in first gear, too. The car handles good and you are able to brake late, because of the endless grip. First I was braking way to early, but after some laps at GVS I learned to handle the car :P . I noticed understeer, but it didn't matter, because it was minimal. The gearing is for my taste nice, too.

Total laps on GVS: 36
Best lap: 1'47.756 (Lap 21)
Total laps on Autumn Ring: 11
Best lap: 1'13.978 (Lap 7)

All in all: A great car in which you can make cars with more power look slow :mischievous:
10/10

Best wishes. S-Line Audi Fan

P.S. Expect more reviews :cheers:

I'm glad to see that Frost is still luring in new customers. many people have liked this setup, and you seem to like it too, a lot.. ( 36 laps at GVS?! :crazy: what did you do, try endurance race or something? :lol: )

:lol: this is just how I test your cars.. I just want to see what your cars can offer and I'm trying to get the best out of them.. An endurance race? mmhmm.. what about a 24 hour endurace race? let's do one right now just for fun.. j/k :lol:..

Best wishes,
S-Line Audi Fan

Hey MFT, I'm back again, with a request.
Could you tune a BMW M3 GTR for me?
I hope no one else requested this. It's one of my favourite cars in GT4.

And just a thought: Will you be tuning cars in GT5:P and GT5?
And GT Mobile (if it is ever released)?

Im scared of the stratos, ive been in one in real life and its insane, the drivers position is incredibly weird!

any italian car in general has weird driving position, be it original Fiat 600 or 2007 Punto..

Stradale. Meaning "Road" in english.
The road version of the rally car.

This is pretty much like it.

When i first saw this car, i thought "wow, am i back to those times i played Sega Rally?" And well, once behind the wheel, i couldn't help but think i was right.

I mean, going through the corners feels like you are running for the RAC championship. The car brakes reaaaally well. Going through mild corners is something wonderful, because tires are crying loud, and the car behaves itself.
Everytime you're in a pinch, give it a bit more throttle, and like magic, it will go the way it has to go (meaning either on the road if you were on the right line, or in the sand/wall if you were not).

But somehow, this car feels really similar to an old car. The Lotus Motorsport Elise. Both are light, both don't have that high horsepower, and both are MR.
And, if you take a look at the times MFT has achieved, they do quite similarily.

And they both have the same lack of stability at high speed. I mean, going full throttle down a straight is fun, but what's the point if you end up in the sand every time cause once you take lightly the bend, the car goes how it feels like, and not how you want it to go?
This is the same as the Lotus. This can of course come from my terrible driving, and that i have problems driving "correctly" MR cars. But...

Anyway, straights are not fun. So it's just a bit, well, disappointing.

As long as a car does its job where it counts, i mean, in corners, it's fine.
And this car is way better in corners. Feels as efficient as a rally car there. Brakes (at "low" speeds), acceleration, cornering, all of it is first class. It's really fun to take it into corners.

The stability is good until you reach significant speed. Once here, well, you can pray...

When it was born the Stratos differed from most of its rivals in the reason it was built for. It wasn't made to be the flashy girl magnet, no, it was made to be the best possible rally car and that can be seen. It's tiny, sleek, and quite close to the optimal 4:2:1 dimensions. And boy it handles. Screaming around corners in effortless slides the old Italian is a perfect example of a car built to be driven.
What? I'd like to learn what that means. I understand, it speaks of the car's shape, but from where are those numbers sourced?

Doesn't Grey mean: Length: 4m, Width: 2m and Height: 1m (not excatly, but almost..) or am I missing something? ;)

Indeed. I have no idea where I once read it from but the point was that those are (or at least very close to) the optimal dimensions of a racing car. The width should be twice the height, and the length should be twice the width. The units don't have to be metres but the relations of the dimensions should be those. The legendary Ford GT40 is another example of a car designed with the same principle.

DuoMaxwell - Thanks for opening the game for our new coming! The Stratos is admittedly tricky (and sporting a Pro badge for that) but as with the Elise, once you get the clue of what to expect from the car at high speeds it's completely predictable. Small movements are a must (difficult if you have a DS2) but it's not impossibly hard even at high speed brakings, the first corner of GVS is a good indicator of the behaviour at those situations and this one clears it with one hard braking while some need two - one to slow down before the left kink, some frantic steering to keep the car in check and then another braking to make it through the corner. You can make it go the way you want but you have to know how to do it. Then again the power level pretty much limits its use to the more technical circuits and as you've found out, that's where it really comes to its own.

Good to see, I understood. Honestly, I couldn't imagine anything else you could talk about than the dimensions of the car.. I've read about this time ago, too ;) 👍

@ Greycap : Yeah, i'm thinking of the first corner of GVS too.
Problem is, when i'm driving, there is the straight finish line, then a little left bend... And that's when the car (be it the stratos or the Elise) goes wrong.
Yeah, i have the DS2, and little movements are... tricky.
This little bend causes the car to go drift a little, making it impossible to brake, and by the time i put it straight to brake, i'm already in the corner, and that's too late.

The only way to avoid that i have found is to lift the gas(or brake a little) before the bend, as it will put a little of the weight in front, causing the car to stay "calm", and allowing it to take the right turn normally...
But i find it really unsatisfying.
I can't imagine how you can make it with only one braking ! You would need some monster dexterity to control the car with a ds2 !

By the way, am i allowed to ask a setup? I have a car that i would really like you to tune ^^

review of the Lancia Stratos HF Stradale:

the car really is a beast, acceleration is not bad, the brakes are soo spot on and the cornering is great! but i also noticed the instability at high speeds or at braking from high speeds into corners, as mentioned by DouMaxwell. the car understeers less than in stock trim and steering is also better. the instability has one good sideeffect: you can drift this car wonderful, but that's tricky and needs a lot of practice!

viper

I'm still waiting for the second car from Leo :( .. I'll post up reviews of some of your cars today or tomorrow ;) ..

Best wishes, S-Line Audi Fan

DuoMaxwell - I have no idea how hard it would be with the DS2 as my controller skills pretty much ran away in the summer of 2006... it isn't too easy with the wheel either but it can be done. About the setup, of course!

viperpilot - Drifting is one of the best things in the stock Stratos, and one I wanted to preserve in the tuned one. I don't quite agree with the trickiness but it probably has a lot to do with the fact that I use a wheel, you don't. It needs precise movements and those are remarkably easier to do with the 900 degrees than with the, err, probably 60 degrees. But thanks, almost forgot it!

About my PC trouble, I indeed had some. Serious enough to put the production lines to a stop for a week but it's fixed now. We're back in the game.

yes, maybe it's a bit more tricky for me because of the difference between DS2 and DFP. glad to hear, that you fixed your pc-problems, and i'm ready for Leo's Rally Relic!

viper

Peugeot 205 T16R

439 bhp, 441 Nm, 1076 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:

Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
FC Transmission
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
New Wheels (Citroen Xsara rallycar)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.0 / 10.0
Ride Height: 120 / 110
Bound: 3 / 7
Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 3.0 / 2.0
Toe: -3 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 2 / 3

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.542
2nd: 1.720
3rd: 1.277
4th: 0.990
5th: 0.790
Final Gear: 4.200

Autoset 8

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Peugeot 205 T16 is a rare car. Only 200 examples were built in order to homologate the car for Group B rallying. But before participating in the actual races, a lot of testing had to be done in order to find out the true potential of this tiny mid-engined AWD missile. Enter 205 T16R, a prototype, testbed and more. Forget calm 200bhp sportscar, and bow deep to 400bhp+ monstrosity. A lot of stock parts have been kept, and just modest changes have revealed significant improvements in handling and acceleration figures. Fasten your seatbelt, and hold on tight, because this little rocket will not hesitate to bite your head off if you get sloppy with the wheel.

review of the Peugeot 205 T16R:
to be honest, i don't really like the car. but let me explain why:
the car has big understeer for my liking, only exiting corners happens without too much understeer. the brakes are weak, you have to break very early and this costs a lot of time around a track. i like the acceleration, which is nice and steady. the Stratos with more than 100HP less makes more fun. that's only my personal attitude. i hope that others will post reviews too, not that i'm the only one...

viper

Thanks for the review! Although, it seems to be the only one. Oh well, one good quality review is better than dozen one line reviews, especially when I know that I can trust the reviewers skill.

Notes on the Peugeot 205 T16R.

Sadly I don’t have time to do a proper review, but viperpilot’s comments prompted me to give this car a quick run.

Viper’s a very good reviewer, MFT are excellent tuners, and the Pug T16 is a bloody legend of a car. Surely something’s wrong here?

As I set it up I pondered about why I like the T16 so much, and it’s far more an aesthetic than a practical reason. It looks good, and moves beautifully when driven properly. I’ve never been able to set it up for good times on tarmac, so maybe I’m just biased in favour of the little mongrel?

Well, to start with, this car will happily kill you if you make a mistake (as stated by Leonidae). I had big problems for the first three laps with the first hairpin at Grand Valley Speedway. First lap I messed up the dogleg and ploughed into the left hand wall. Next lap I overshot and ended up in the sandpit. Third lap I hit the brakes too early and ploughed into the right hand wall, so at least got a good variety of severe accidents out of the one corner.

For some reason I was able to nail the second, tighter hairpin most times. The hairpins were the only place I lamented understeer as much as viper.

If I hit the right line, I could start with a small drift (I think I used brake, brake, turn, downshift) and use the great stability on exit (as noted by viper) to shoot out the other side. I preferred not to use it as a full drifter, as the stability in a longer drift was not consistent and predictable enough.

But the Pug doesn’t seem very fast, especially for 440hp and 1050kg. I can’t really think of a comparable car type/bhp/weight comparison, but expected more speed, and also disagreed with viper’s assessment of the acceleration, which I found to be not bad, but not terribly good either.

My greatest point of disagreement with viper is about how much fun it is to drive. But this is probably a simple difference of preference in cars: I’d most often rather spend my time in the Pug, messing up a corner or two every lap while grinning like an idiot, than drive a 787B, glaring at the screen like an idiot and looking for another tenth of a second in every corner.

If you’re the former type of driver, and like a stylish ride and don’t mind hitting the odd concrete barrier at 120mph, go for the Pug: it’s a lot of work but a lot of fun.

If you like a fast, consistent car that gets good lap times and has predictable handling, try MFT’s Evo VI Raiden or R34 ’02 Grim R34per.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back