Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear John,

Dear MFT,

Sorry I haven’t been reviewing your cars lately. I hate to tell you in this way, but I’ve been seeing other garages. It’s not that I don’t love you, but just don’t see you often these days. Yeah, you’ve got distractions, and I don’t blame you for that.

Really, it’s not you, it’s me. The boys at RVV have been doing some really kinky stuff with up to four cars at once. ETZ taught me more about the exotic pleasures of fat FR Euro cars (although you gave me the first SLR that I really enjoyed). I have needs too, dammit, but I don't want you to take this personally.

Anyway, I’m sorry, and I hope things can get back to normal now.

PF

ive tried several tnes of yours but the one i like the most is the mft c740r '00. that thing is a beast!! very nicely welldone.👍:cool:

PF
Dear John,

Dear MFT,

Sorry I haven’t been reviewing your cars lately. I hate to tell you in this way, but I’ve been seeing other garages. It’s not that I don’t love you, but just don’t see you often these days. Yeah, you’ve got distractions, and I don’t blame you for that.

Really, it’s not you, it’s me. The boys at RVV have been doing some really kinky stuff with up to four cars at once. ETZ taught me more about the exotic pleasures of fat FR Euro cars (although you gave me the first SLR that I really enjoyed). I have needs too, dammit, but I don't want you to take this personally.

Anyway, I’m sorry, and I hope things can get back to normal now.

PF

No worries.. I can understand that quantity over quality can be very tempting. As soon as you get on your usual pace, all things will be forgiven, especially if you compare our creations with others. *wink wink, nudge nudge*💡

ive tried several tnes of yours but the one i like the most is the mft c740r '00. that thing is a beast!! very nicely welldone.👍:cool:

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed of that pushrod monster of mine! Please, if you can, tell me more accurately what you liked and what you didn't like. Then you can request a personal tune up for a car you want.

Last edited:
My review of the Honda S2000 Type R '03

As the S2000 with made to be a endurance racer. I reviewed the S2K under race conditions so tire wear was added in to the mix.

The gearing of the S2000 with very good with all of the tires compounds. To get the fastest lap time I was using second gear for the 180 are the top of the hill(turn 6) at Grand Valley Speedway.

Suspension:
The honda is very good at all points of the turn and is neutral mostly on all S compound tires. On R1 tires I was seeing a little understeer in the car.
Next was some flatout runs to see how many laps could be made before for needing new tires. On S1 tire I was could done 14 laps with a best lap time of 2'05.970 and alot of low 1'06's. With the tire wear for the Front's red and rear's yellow/orange. Next S3 tires made 9 laps with best time at 2'03.608 and alot within .300 of that time. The wear for the Front's red and rear's orange. Last was the R1 tire I made 15 laps with best lap of 2'00.766 and a pile around 2 minutes. The wear was the same as the S3 tires. I like how the fronts wear a little faster than the rear tire because it's easyer to drive a car that understeer on wornout tire than one that's oversteers. I also like how constant the car's handling was as the tires wear. With only the very last bit of tire life changing the cars basic handling. I can see added one or two lap to a tire run if you back off your braking going into and the throttle in exit.

Brakes:
I found that on S1 tires that I was getting same brake locking so some care is needed. On S3's the brakes are almost care free with only some locking on cold tires and R1's are spot on for me. It's only as the fronts go deep into the red that I was getting lockup on R1's.

Overall This is a very good endurance set-up for the S2000 and I like driving the car. Good work

Thanks for an in-depth review! 👍

I guess the end result is that the S2000 achieves just what I made it for, being a stable viceless car that doesn't bore its driver to death during the long races. The race condition test is a very welcome thing as it's pretty much useless at time trials being that slow. The old request rules apply.

Oh yeah, as soon as we reach next page, new batch of cars will be released. After my post we would need only 1 post more to make it to the next page, so could someone possibly help.. With a review perhaps.. Or just say hello or something. Thanks in advance

TOM'S 600 Chaser '00 review

The first impression: The car didn't look like it had that much power. It had all the right thing's going for it, Four door,rwd, and fast.

Handling: The car had amazing turn in, and exit. She was fast in the corner's if taking the right line, If you were off line she would oversteer like mad. The Ride Height was good and everything flowed together. The car didn't like popping kerb's though.

Downforce: It was the right amount of it. I think it caused a little bit of understeer at exit.

Brakes: The brakes were sorted out well. I think it could have had alittle more up front. On brake understeer on turn in, but not much if you had the right line.

Lsd: well sorted out, I think it could have used maybe used a little bit of Initial Torque.

Trans: Very well sorted out. Without very much wheelspin, for a 600 hp car. top speed was desent, but the trans wasn't for that at all.

Overall: A pretty balanced car very fun and well sorted out. It felt like I wasn't driving a 600 hp car. know on to the next page

TRD Trueno Gr.A'00

"OVERSTEERY"? NO KIDDING!! THIS CAR IS A BLAST!!

i raced against these cars on trial mountain:
bmw m3 csl '03
ford mustang svt cobra r '00
audi s4 '03
bmw m3 '04
pontiac gto 5.7 coupe '04

won with a little bit of fight from the m3 csl. he caught me in the straights but i kept him at bay. he couldnt keep up in the corners though.

this is very good on twisty tracks, fair on open tracks.
there is alot of tire spin in first, a little in second.
its pretty fun through the corners though.
i added stage 3 na tune to this setup.
this car has just the right amount of oversteer for the twisties.

Volvo 240 Turbo R-Sport '92

282 bhp, 333 Nm, 1568 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Semi-racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.0 / 7.0
Ride Height: 190 / 200
Bound: 6 / 8
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 10

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.666
2nd: 1.850
3rd: 1.450
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.820
Final Gear: 3.730

Autoset 13

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

An excellent example of how to totally screw up a car's modelling, the Volvo 240 has reached quite a reputation in GT4 partly because what it is, partly because what it isn't. It's grossly overweight (by 550 kg, 1200 lbs) and underpowered (285 bhp max while it should have some 550+ bhp) but it still has a certain appeal to it. Let's find out if it's worth it.

In short, it is. For a car that weighs just a hair more than an aircraft carrier it handles very well, definitely helped a lot by the R-Sport suspension developed for the Group A turbo racers that once showed the BMW 635's and others who's the boss. The engine tweaks have their origins in the same cars with the standard B230F having been transformed from the low revving everyday workhorse to a powerful yet docile powerplant. The rev limiter was set a bit low though, the redline of 6000 rpm sounds more like an attempt to preserve the engine than an actual limit... the real deal revs to 6500 with ease and so does this one so take my advice on this and let the red light shine at you. The drivetrain of the car is designed to be pretty much indestructible (at least with power levels like this) so only the parts that needed tweaking were replaced, the original M47 gearbox retains its 4th and 5th gears - now renumbered as the 5th and 6th - and the original 1031 differential does its job at the rear axle with a newly fitted LSD taking care of wheelspin. If you need more top speed I recommend fitting the 3.54 final ratio delivered as a spare part.

About the pictures... the textures were so hopeless, the 3D model so jaggy and the Virgo wheels just so wrong that I took the freedom to use slightly more realistic ones. :D

Reviews:

by viperpilot

Last edited:
:lol: I wondered when you'd finally release one of these weapons in MFT.:D How is yours by the way?

Edt: 2'10.9 lap time.:D

Last edited:
My review of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII SE '03

This set-up is one you what you should not use at Grand Valley Speedway. The suspension is to softly spring for the track. The EVO understeer's in mid and high speed turns both on exiting and steady speed turns. But the turn of the car in is good. The brakes are very good, but with the soft spring you get alot of nose-dive that will cause big oversteer under trail braking. My best lap time was a 1'47.810 at GVS.

Now take this EVO set-up to Autumn Ring and you will be at the place it should be used. I was turned in a 1'12.166 lap as my best time.

The suspension at AR is good and neutral at all point of the turn. But you will get some understeer in the high speed turns that could be fixed. You can attack the curbs and rumble strips with out upsetting the car too much as is needed at AR. The setting for brakes and gearing are very good on this VIII SE. All the diffs are also set-up nicely. But you will get wheel spin if your to hard on the throttle on the exit of the turn.

I like this EVO VII SE for tracks like Autumn Ring. thanks MFT.

shoman - Another oldie taken back to life, thanks! I'll blame my lack of experience back then for most of the car's faults such as the LSD problem but overall it is, as you noticed, a fun car to drive if not the fastest in its class. Nimble for its size and easy to handle for its power, I might even revisit it some day to see if it can be further improved.

Paulie - It just had to happen one day. :P How's mine? Dirty because I'm too lazy to wash it, equipped with hopelessly small winter tyres (14" doesn't quite cut it in a car sized like that) and badly in need of new rear springs and shock absorbers.

DuoMaxwell - Unless you want different specs I believe this is the ultimate setup I can create for the car, as an overall package that is. It could probably be made faster but then it would lose that ridiculously high ground clearance that (in my opinion) belongs to the model and also the "Volvo feel" which basically means the car rocking in the corners like crazy but still retaining the grip.

viperpilot & EA11R - Yep, that's mine. Suitably photoshopped to hide its real identity though as it's not a Turbo... but has as much Turbo/GLT look on it as I've been able to manage. As a fun fact my car has the chrome lists on the sides which is wrong for the said trim levels, they should have matte black finish, but so does the GT4 model which tries to be a GLT. Another failure for it. :D

stidriver - Another review, great! You're right about the setup not being at its best on fast tracks and the lack of downforce doesn't help too much. Then again, as noted it was inspired by rallycross cars and the twisties are where those things shine so maybe it's just natural that it's at home on the technical courses. The wheelspin is a known thing, caused by the AYC. It was a decision about accepting the occasional wheelspin and getting a manoeuvrable car or securing the grip and getting a car that understeers more. I ended up with the former as a good driver can avoid the wheelspin but nobody can do anything with the understeer.

review of the Volvo 240 Turbo R-Sport '92:
this car needs more power - simple solution! with more power this car would be a real sleeper-beast and could beat a lot of expensive cars. i noticed a bit of understeer, and for a FR-car i miss the drift-ability but i think thats because of the power-lack. otherwise the handling is nice, the also steers precise at "high" speeds and the brakes also work well.
a real nice car, but as mentioned at the beginning but sadyl with not much power!

viper

DuoMaxwell - Unless you want different specs I believe this is the ultimate setup I can create for the car, as an overall package that is. It could probably be made faster but then it would lose that ridiculously high ground clearance that (in my opinion) belongs to the model and also the "Volvo feel" which basically means the car rocking in the corners like crazy but still retaining the grip.

If i had to ask you one, i would have asked that you keep a "basic", ie straight from factory, design. And, from what you say, i believe you would have achieved pretty much the same car.

I can't try it right now, but i will do so in the future.

viperpilot - I knew I could trust you! Speaking of expensive cars, the AI has no hopes of keeping up with anything found in the Clubman Cup when the brick gets going and that includes cars such as the Audi S4. I wouldn't say it has that much lack of power - 282 bhp is certainly enough - but it's the weight that kills the pace and the handling. Oh well, we can always use our imagination and think there are three buddies with us on the ride... the weight is pretty much right for that scenario. :D

DuoMaxwell - There are three things I would change for the "factory" version. First the turbo would have to go, the NA Stage 2 gives the same feel as the real B230F with its monstrous low range torque and lack of breath when the revs exceed 4000 rpm. It's a really good everyday engine because of this, no throttle is needed for parking manouevring or even traffic light starts as the car pulls with ease even at idle. The second thing would be retaining the original gearbox, it's not good for performance driving by any means but it's one of the few things PD got totally right with the car. Every ratio spot on for the M47 and the 1031 rear end. As the last thing I might soften the suspension a bit, it's really quite a boat especially with worn springs and shock absorbers.

Speaking from experience this tune was an interesting lesson about the lack of feeling of speed in games, the virtual car needs the full tune to feel about the same as mine does with its bone stock specs of 116 bhp, 185 Nm and 1340 kg.

Last edited:
DuoMaxwell - There are three things I would change for the "factory" version. First the turbo would have to go, the NA Stage 2 gives the same feel as the real B230F with its monstrous low range torque and lack of breath when the revs exceed 4000 rpm. It's a really good everyday engine because of this, no throttle is needed for parking manouevring or even traffic light starts as the car pulls with ease even at idle. The second thing would be retaining the original gearbox, it's not good for performance driving by any means but it's one of the few things PD got totally right with the car. Every ratio spot on for the M47 and the 1031 rear end. As the last thing I might soften the suspension a bit, it's really quite a boat especially with worn springs and shock absorbers.
This, is interesting. I might give it a go like that, without turbo, and with the original gearbox.

Speaking from experience this tune was an interesting lesson about the lack of feeling of speed in games, the virtual car needs the full tune to feel about the same as mine does with its bone stock specs of 116 bhp, 185 Nm and 1340 kg.
Well, if you needed that car to make you understand that...
I understood that when i felt that my old clio, with its really high powered engine (we are talking of 75-80bhp gentlemen, so bow in front of this mad power :P), was on par with some TypeR cars...

Games that gave sensations close to real world, well... There are the simbin's games (GTR, RACE...). They feel close to reality. They did a marvelous work on tracks (especially Magny-Cours, it really feels like it RL counter-part).
On PS2, i don't know of one, but i admit i don't play race games that much on my ps2...

Gray if you ever revisit that tune. Would you pm me so I can be the first to run it? Thanks:tup:

Nissan Silvia FQ Aero'93

282 bhp, 318 Nm, 1020 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (Nismo GT4 LM bronze)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 106 / 120
Bound: 5 / 5
Rebound: 10 / 6
Camber: 2.0 / 1.3
Toe: -1 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 2

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.854
2nd: 2.040
3rd: 1.563
4th: 1.256
5th: 1.030
6th: 0.860
Final Gear: 4.250

Autoset 7

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Behold at yet another Nissan from MFT! As the rest of the lot, this is by no means your everyday shopping trolley. No, it's lightened to the extreme, decorated with an integrated rollcage and lightweight bucket seats, and every pedal and switch has become a precision tool for going fast. "But this car is naturally aspirated, it can't be that fast.." Well, our test run on Autumn Ring told us otherwise. It did beat 425bhp Evo V GSR by 2 seconds. On short track like that, 2 seconds is an eternity. And this happened with mere 282bhp and no downforce. And still it has crisp handling and it's willing to kick the tail out playfully when provoked. At high speed corners, some caution is needed since even MFT's wizards can't defeat the laws of the physics. Anyway, from our point of view, this car has deserved the moniker Silvia FQ Aero. And we all know what the FQ means, don't we?

:eek: wow, respect ;) nice looking car there 👍 ..
I think 282 bhp are enough to bring the baby to roll.. I mean: It only weights 1020 kg :P ..

See you :)

S-Line Audi Fan

Last edited by a moderator:
Review of the Toyota Supra TRD300 '97

I reviewed the Supra under race conditions so tire wear was added in to the mix as it's a endurance racer.

Suspension:
The TRD300 is good at turn-in and the middle part of the turn on all compound tires. On the exits the set-up was slite understeer mostly on all compound tires. On mid and high speed turns I was seeing the slite unersteer also. Now for some flatout runs to see how many laps could be made before for needing new tires. On S1 tire I made it to 11 laps with a best lap time of 2'07.600. With the tire wear for the Front's red and rear's yellow/green. Next on S3 tires I made 7 laps with best time at 2'04.711 with alot around 2'05 flat. The wear for the Front's red and rear's yellow/greenish. Last R1 tire run I made it to 12 laps with best lap of 2'01.496 and a pile with in .350 of the time. The wear on R1's was the same as the S3 tires. I was finding that as the tires wear that the Supra was going form from slite understeer to closer to neutral then back. I would like to see a little better balance on the front to rear tire wear as this should add a lap to the tire life. I like how the fronts wear a little faster than the rear tire as it's easyer to drive a car that understeer on wornout tire than the other way. Driving at 90 to 95% will added one or two lap to a tire run.

Brakes:
I found that on S compound tires that brake are very good. On R1 tires the brakes are not as good and the Toyota stopping distance was longer almost locking. I found the brakes to be almost care free as they wear. Only as the fronts make it into the red is lockup some thing to watch out for.

Lastly the gearing and diff set-up are very good on the Supra at GVS.

Overall this Supra TRD300 set-up is a very good endurance set-up was not bad habits. Thanks for one more enjoyable drive.:)

Nope, what's FQ mean? Fully Quere? False Queen? Fast Quaffle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back