Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
Tried your 05 tune yesterday, it was a fun one, but I couldent bring out its potensial. 1.53 you say? 1.55 to me. This is a very differnt tune from you, I have a quite conservative and smooth driving style and your tunes has fitted that style useally...this one feels more like a fun tune to me. your first tune that didnt fit me..it had to come someday..

1'55 from you of all people tells me I'm doing something right with this car, and I know what you mean, we probably have a similar driving style, but you simply can't drive all cars the same way.:) I'm doing things with these WRXs that I wouldn't even do with the same cars on grippier tyres, and powersliding is one of them.

I have a USB thingy now, shall I upload a replay of a 1'53 for everyone?

Yep, I'm sure you're right. Like Mr Volcano I'm a more conservative, 'drive to the limits of the grip' rather than a 'hang right out over it' kind of driver. In that regard my fastest TT yet around Fuji is in the Tuned EVO X, probably the downforce giving it the extra grip I like.

But I have to admit the '05 is more fun, and I definately haven't finished with it. You may see me hanging it out there yet. :)

I haven't tried the Tuned Evo yet, did try the Evo IX stocko but it wasn't adequate enough for my liking just yet. I might tune it later, but it needs to have the fuel cut-off reset, the power is still increasing at the current fuel cout-out. (!!!).
Good luck with the WRX, I'm sure my title of fastest WRX driver out there will be short lived.:)

Mate!

Tried both the Subaru Impreza '05 & '07 tunes and they were AWESOME 👍

Within 5 laps (no joke), I was able to beat my best times with those cars by close to 2 seconds!!! Still not as fast as your 1'53.xxx but was my personal best at 1'55.xxx with the '07 slightly faster than the '05 for me. Amazing how a properly tuned machine can do to the lap times ;) ;)

Thanks alot! Keep up what your're doing!

:cheers:

Thanks!:cheers: 3 people trying the same cars, this is a record for me for a while now.:dopey:

So guys, should I upload the 1'53 replay? It'd be a great way for me to test if it works too. (Uploading replays)

So guys, should I upload the 1'53 replay? It'd be a great way for me to test if it works too. (Uploading replays)

Cool! That'll help me alot... hope I can cut even a few milliseconds off my best time from reviewing your replays 👍

Cool! That'll help me alot... hope I can cut even a few milliseconds off my best time from reviewing your replays 👍

I've done and saved a 1'53.3 for you guys. The lap looks horrible and not as much powersliding as normal, but if it's that much faster than you guys it must be alright. I will try and upload it tomorrow night. Also coming is an Audi R8.:)

Last edited:
I would like to recommend the Subaru 07 tune to anyone who needs a tune for Fuji, Paulie has pulled off a good one here, in my hands it is capable of consistent 1.54s and I have hit a few 1.53s.
Without the tuners here at Gtplanet, i would be very slow.

Looking forward to trying your Audi R8 tune, Thanks again.

I would like to recommend the Subaru 07 tune to anyone who needs a tune for Fuji, Paulie has pulled off a good one here, in my hands it is capable of consistent 1.54s and I have hit a few 1.53s.
Without the tuners here at Gtplanet, i would be very slow.

Looking forward to trying your Audi R8 tune, Thanks again.

Thanks mate, I'd say that in clean air I can hit consistent high 1'53s now with the '07 WRX.
I'll be getting that R8 out as soon as I figure out the rear toe. It won't be as fast as the WRXs.

Edit: For those who won't/can't download my STi '05 lap but are interested, wolfdude has been so kind as to put a video of it on YouTube.:)

Edit: And now the slightly faster WRX 07 lap as a zip for now

Last edited:
TLD Audi R8
(298kw) (428Nm) (1341kg) (550 PP) (Fuji Speedway)
(284kw) (425Nm) (1326kg) (650 PP) (Suzuka)

tunesheet_r8.jpg

Performance:

Power: -3 -7
Weight: 86% 86%
Tyres: N3 R1

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -20/-17
Spring Rates: 4/8
Damper: 3/5
Toe: -0.10/+0.05 -0.10/-0.10
Camber: 1.0/0.5

Brake Balance: 4/8

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.707
2nd: 2.376
3rd: 1.755 1.691
4th: 1.403 1.356
5th: 1.168 1.149
6th: 1.007
Final: 3.655 3.885

Description: In order to compete at a regulated event at Fuji Speedway, Audi contacted The Lion's Den to turn the R8 into a track day special. Still on standard road tyres, and restrictions placed on intake and exhaust, at first glance the car may sound slower than standard. However, the car has been severely reduced in weight, and the gearbox and suspension all tuned specifically to run at Fuji Speedway. The car is an extremely smooth drive, and the brakes support some late braking compared to the rest of the field.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Fuji Speedway
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
The car will turn better and be faster when you are not touching the brakes or accelerator, coasting is fast
Smoother than the WRXs people have been driving at this event, this car may suit some driver's tastes a little better

Last edited:
I am by no means a fast driver but I tried the Impreza 05 tune and on lap 7 I made a 1.55.2 which is around two seconds better than my previous best with this car. Great tune

Announcements
-I am adjusting the R8 Final Gear Ratio in a few seconds, it's too short as it stands
-The Fuji 500 RX-7 will be almost exactly the same as the older, more powerful Suzuka car bar a few changes, so rather than release a whole new tune, I will add the Fuji settings to the old setup, please check it in a few to see my Fuji setup.:)
-The name of the '05 STi has been changed to something more unique and original, it is now known as the TLD Subaru Imprezzive Rex

Edit: OK, settings for RX-7 and R8 now updated.

I am by no means a fast driver but I tried the Impreza 05 tune and on lap 7 I made a 1.55.2 which is around two seconds better than my previous best with this car. Great tune

Thanks mate.👍 Glad I could be of assistance.:)

Last edited:
Once again thanks to wolfdude (who remember is a TLD-R driver in the future:)), we have video of the Subaru WRX '07 Lap at Fuji, slightly faster than the '05 and more revealing of the true lines. The '05 lap was a little shonky.

In car view

Bumper view

Hey Paulie, I'm using your tune for the Mazda Monday event... and I must say you nailed it! What a tune... Really fun to drive... and I was competitive as well... I didnt have time to do anything so I tried yours and went out cold... but even without practice I was haulin'! Thanks :D Definately have skills mate, your gearboxes are always top notch! 👍

Hey Paulie, I'm using your tune for the Mazda Monday event... and I must say you nailed it! What a tune... Really fun to drive... and I was competitive as well... I didnt have time to do anything so I tried yours and went out cold... but even without practice I was haulin'! Thanks :D Definately have skills mate, your gearboxes are always top notch! 👍

Thankyou very much.:):dopey: Good to hear such positive feedback from another tuner, and glad it worked well for you.:)

Tried your tune paulie. Very nice. You can have higher entry speed with yours then mine, also faster in turn 2&3 but I didnt beat my best time. Who was 2.00.638, (just beaten with DC tune 2.00.512 ) I got bit too much wheel spin, so the gearing was what slowing me down, I Did however a decent 2.00.7 so its defently fast 👍

Tried your tune paulie. Very nice. You can have higher entry speed with yours then mine, also faster in turn 2&3 but I didnt beat my best time. Who was 2.00.638, (just beaten with DC tune 2.00.512 ) I got bit too much wheel spin, so the gearing was what slowing me down, I Did however a decent 2.00.7 so its defently fast 👍

Well you already got my reply on PSN, but thanks once again for the feedback.👍 Should I make 2nd gear longer do you think?

Now that I've done 3 tunes for Fuji 550 (I'm not touching the GTR unless someone does a review and requests it) and what is seemingly the only car used at Fuji 500 I shall be coming with a tune (at least 1) for Daytona 650. First up is the Ford GT. I'm currently in the 1'49s, but the tune is far from finished, and that was not even close to being a remarkable lap, turn 1 for instance was well over shot.

Well you already got my reply on PSN, but thanks once again for the feedback.👍 Should I make 2nd gear longer do you think?

Now that I've done 3 tunes for Fuji 550 (I'm not touching the GTR unless someone does a review and requests it) and what is seemingly the only car used at Fuji 500 I shall be coming with a tune (at least 1) for Daytona 650. First up is the Ford GT. I'm currently in the 1'49s, but the tune is far from finished, and that was not even close to being a remarkable lap, turn 1 for instance was well over shot.

I posted here first:tup: I am quite sure longer gear is faster, atleast for me. Did you try my tune? think the gears work good but I cant tune the rest good. I think 1.turn, that hard left (turn 5 i think) and last turn is most important turns, and cant get on trottle early enough, too much spin. Think it also will be slighty more stable with longer gears:tup: Felt almost bit bad after my feedback, but im only honest:)

Should I make 2nd gear longer do you think?

It might help, but when I was using your tune I learned to deal with it... In the last turn if you turn in properly and ease the gas in its not that aggressive and once it grips you haul through that turn onto the straight... its just when you get on the gas too early it gets hairy, but still easy to correct IMO... I personally like my cars to be like that too, but I guess that doesnt produce the fastest lap times in the end for me or others... Still think its a good tune :) 👍

Last edited:
has been a long time! Great that you are back ND4 ;-)

Kind regards,
doblocruiser

Good that I'm back? Good that you're back :lol:, welcome back doblocruiser.:cheers: Just in time for Christmas.:)

I posted here first:tup: I am quite sure longer gear is faster, atleast for me. Did you try my tune? think the gears work good but I cant tune the rest good. I think 1.turn, that hard left (turn 5 i think) and last turn is most important turns, and cant get on trottle early enough, too much spin. Think it also will be slighty more stable with longer gears:tup: Felt almost bit bad after my feedback, but im only honest:)

I haven't tried your tune, but from memory my 2nd gear can be longer with the rest of the gears remaining the same.;) I'll give it a go, that gearbox is from Suzuka, and with the Suzuka tune the power curve is shocking so I needed that shorter 2nd gear. Now at Fuji the power curve is good, so I'll try a longer 2nd gear searching for traction.

It might help, but when I was using your tune I learned to deal with it... In the last turn if you turn in properly and ease the gas in its not that aggressive and once it grips you haul through that turn onto the straight... its just when you get on the gas too early it gets hairy, but still easy to correct IMO... I personally like my cars to be like that too, but I guess that doesnt produce the fastest lap times in the end for me or others... Still think its a good tune :) 👍

You can learn to deal with it, but we're tuners, we make the car do what we want it to as best as we can through setup before learning to deal with it.;) The only thing seemingly in need of change is 2nd gear, everything else will be the same, so it shall remain a good tune. Thanks for your input and compliments thus far.:cheers:👍

That R8 is a masterpiece. Drove with the sixaxis and it was fabulous!!!

Thankyou.:cheers:

You can learn to deal with it, but we're tuners, we make the car do what we want it to as best as we can through setup before learning to deal with it.;) The only thing seemingly in need of change is 2nd gear, everything else will be the same, so it shall remain a good tune. Thanks for your input and compliments thus far.:cheers:👍

You are right in that respect... it should do what WE want it to do :D except in the time frame I had, I had to learn to deal with it :) and I dont like messing around with other peoples/tuners settings because I dont know what effects it will have and it might upset the whole balance of the car achieved by the one who was tuning... Tunes either fit your driving style or they dont... thats usually how I think about it... and this tune fit my style very well... I'll give it another go with the edited gear settings... 👍 I just love driving the RX7 at Fuji... lots of fun!

I'll be testing that 2nd gear tomorrow folks, thanks for the feedback.:)

Edit: OK, the RX-7 gearbox has been refined, I don't know why I didn't do that at first but there it is, enjoy.:cheers:

Last edited:
TLD Ford GT​
(343kw) (665Nm) (1247kg) (650 PP)

tunesheet_2005-Ford-GT.gif

Performance:

Power: -17
Weight: 86%
Tyres: S2

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -25/-24
Spring Rate: 4/6
Damper: 2/4
Toe: -0.12/+0.10
Camber: 1.0/0.7

Brake Balance: 5/6

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.250
2nd: 1.518
3rd: 1.190
4th: 0.983
5th: 0.838
6th: 0.686
Final: 3.300

Description: The Ford GT, the successor to the legendary GT40. When you're backing up that kind of heritage you need legendary performance and The Lion's Den Ford GT has just that. Tuned to meet the demands of Daytona Road, it has suspension that makes it very balanced through the high speed corners and very smooth over the bumpy track surface. Even with this less powerful engine (Taken from an FPV GT, with mild work done), it is still incredibly fast thanks to severely reduced weight, it's still pulling hard at 300km/hr. Perhaps the best part is the awesome traction this car has, for a V8 RWD vehicle, there is hardly any wheel spin.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Daytona Road Course

Tuner's Notes:
Don't use 1st gear even if it's tempting
Gerabox tuned as a 5spd, although it seems extremly long, this is done so you won't have to change into 6th gear if you get a really long draft
Balanced and smooth and over bumps and through high speed corners was the aim
Make use of lift off oversteer

Last edited:
Will test your updated gear box before mazda monday:tup: Have a good feeling about this:)

Yeah me too, it felt a lot better.

Doesn't anyone want to try my Ford GT? Aren't you sick of GTRs?

Audi R8

I have tested your tune for R8 and its a really good tune. I have used sixaxis and for Fuji it was easy to get down to 1.55.xxx, but I have also tried it for High Speed Ring with R1-R1 and S3-S3, and with R1 you can drive the car really hard in the corners and win a lot of time there. It had be fun to test a tune from you for Suzuka too, if you want to make that, but maybe after the updates, 25th.

Per

Audi R8

I have tested your tune for R8 and its a really good tune. I have used sixaxis and for Fuji it was easy to get down to 1.55.xxx, but I have also tried it for High Speed Ring with R1-R1 and S3-S3, and with R1 you can drive the car really hard in the corners and win a lot of time there. It had be fun to test a tune from you for Suzuka too, if you want to make that, but maybe after the updates, 25th.

Per

Thanks for driving my car mate.👍 Although I didn't tune it for HSR I'm glad it still worked there for you.:) When we get the update, I will look into a Suzuka tune (if applicable) for you(For the R8 I assume).:cheers:

I see some people requesting events that we only had not long ago like they've been gone for months. We NEED the slower FWD cars in an event, it has literally been months since we could drive them.

Yes, would be nice. Of course, I'd have to review the setup to make sure it's still good on the current physics.:)

Let those ponies gallop!:cheers:

Since I am a lousy tuner I just used the setup from the Alfa on my current Alfa and it still made me put a smile on my face. I used Alfa 147 settings on the citroen C4 and Golf GTI V except Ride Height and Gears and it worked extremely well :dunce:

The SPECII tunes work so far nicely on SPECIII but with my minor knowlegde about tuning :scared:

TLD Ford GT​
(343kw) (665Nm) (1247kg) (650 PP)

Thanks so much for this tune Paulie! Ever since you released it, I've not been racing anything else. You've tamed this beast beautifully, the car is very stable, the acceleration is incredible, it's a blast to drive.

The only thing I've changed form the original setup was the rear toe, to reduce understeering a bit (but I just realized that you edited the tune to do just that :))

Thanks again for sharing.
Happy holidays!

Back