Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
Hum....FordGT...OMG Paulie...you are killing me. I am so going to drive this baby. I wanna compare with my tune as well. Will pm you the differences but the review of your tune...will soon be here, so stay tuned mate. :P

Thanks so much for this tune Paulie! Ever since you released it, I've not been racing anything else. You've tamed this beast beautifully, the car is very stable, the acceleration is incredible, it's a blast to drive.

The only thing I've changed form the original setup was the rear toe, to reduce understeering a bit (but I just realized that you edited the tune to do just that :))

Thanks again for sharing.
Happy holidays!

Thankyou very much mate.👍:dopey: Good to finally hear some feedback on the Ford GT, because in my eyes I had really done a number on it to make it smooth and stable at the high speed bumpy Daytona Road. Good to hear others think so as well.:D
Although, I must point out, my rear toe change would have made more understeer, but made the car more stable.;)

Hum....FordGT...OMG Paulie...you are killing me. I am so going to drive this baby. I wanna compare with my tune as well. Will pm you the differences but the review of your tune...will soon be here, so stay tuned mate. :P

I look forward to it!:dopey:

Although, I must point out, my rear toe change would have made more understeer, but made the car more stable.;)

LOL, maybe I don't recall what you did. :)
Compared to the original tune I got from you, I've increased the rear toe, which (according to the tuning guide) increases power and lift off oversteer. Did I misinterpret the guide completely? :dunce:

So let me ask one more question: the only part I'm still having problems is the bus stop (but that happens with all cars). I'm doing the bus stop in third gear all the way. For the first chicane I think it's a fine choice, but for the second, the car understeer a bit. Do you change to second gear at any point, or do you do at third all the way?

Thanks for the tips, and thanks again for sharing this wonderful your tune. Just for reference, I can easilly do low 1'50's and when I nail good laps, I went all the way down to 1'49.4xx (without draft)

LOL, maybe I don't recall what you did. :)
Compared to the original tune I got from you, I've increased the rear toe, which (according to the tuning guide) increases power and lift off oversteer. Did I misinterpret the guide completely? :dunce:

So let me ask one more question: the only part I'm still having problems is the bus stop (but that happens with all cars). I'm doing the bus stop in third gear all the way. For the first chicane I think it's a fine choice, but for the second, the car understeer a bit. Do you change to second gear at any point, or do you do at third all the way?

Thanks for the tips, and thanks again for sharing this wonderful your tune. Just for reference, I can easilly do low 1'50's and when I nail good laps, I went all the way down to 1'49.4xx (without draft)

I change to 2nd gear for the bus stop every time, the whole way through it. Increasing toe-out would increase oversteer, but a +ve value means you've got toe-in, and increasing toe-in makes the car more stable, less oversteer and so therefore inherently more understeer.

TLD Alfa Romeo 147 GTA Veloce
(170kw) (248Nm) (1088kg) (550 PP)
(167kw) (244Nm) (1088kg) (500 PP)

TLD_tunesheet-alpha.gif

Performace:

Power: +48 +46
Weight: 85% 85%
Tyres: R3 S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 8/3
Damper: 3/2
Toe: -0.08/-0.20
Camber: 1.0/0.5

Brake Balance: 3/9

Max Turn Angle: 45

All Driving Aids Turned off, except ABS set on 1 (Driving aids are inevitably up to the driver)

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.280
2nd: 2.128
3rd: 1.544
4th: 1.210
5th: 0.970
Final: 3.635

Description: The Lion's Den's Alfa Romeo 147 is back! With new namesakes, more power and insane levels of speed. The factory 147 GTA with its V6 was always criticised for being too nose heavy, so TLD has revived the Veloce namesake for our highly tuned 2.0L 147. This was the car that made The Lion's Den so well known, it built the garage as we know it, and it was also my first car. Pumping out 170kw from its N/A 4cyl, its biggest asset is its weight, which has been reduced severely by TLD to a meager 1088kg. Enjoy one of our favourite tunes as we do.

Tracks Tuned for/on:
All
(Final Drive may need changing from track to track)

Tuner's Notes:
Treat my baby right, no curb riding and don't hold redline too long (not least because it is rough as over bumps and doesn't make power all the way to fuel cut-out)
I'm not happy with how long the gears needed to be, but as it is they needed to be that long for slipstreaming so as not to top out
Fast if you give her a chance

Last edited:
All Hail the return of 147 :bowdown:

I've missed her it's good to have her back Paulie 👍

We'll be out on track later

Last edited:
BEWARE, the 147 suffers from the "weight resetting" bug where when you turn it off and come back later the car's weight resets to 100%, just a heads up.;) I was worried this morning when my lap times were suddenly 2sec slower than yesterday.:lol:

Edit: At time of edit I am sitting down at turn 1 because I got disconnected from the server and even when you exit the event it appears to reset the weight.

Last edited:
TLD FPV F5
(185kw) (309Nm) (1215kg) (550 PP)

ford_focus_st_08_01.jpg

Performace:

Power: +15
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R1

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 9/3
Damper: 5/3
Toe: 0/-0.25
Camber: 0.9/0.3

Brake Balance: 5/8

Max Turn Angle: 45

All Driving Aids Turned off, except ABS set on 1 (Driving aids are inevitably up to the driver)

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.851
2nd: 1.803
3rd: 1.386
4th: 1.120
5th: 0.918
6th: 0.767
Final: 4.290

Description: With Ford of Europe's Team RS bringing out the Focus RS in 2009, the boys from FPV Down Under did not want to be overlooked and outdone, so they contacted local tuners from The Lion's Den to help with this unofficial track version of the XR5. It doesn't pack a power punch as large as the RS, but is considerably lighter, has track spec suspension and racing slicks which will be more than enough to put FPV's version ahead. Named the F5, the 5cyl turbo is now producing 185kw, with a big flat slab of torque in the range of 300Nm right through the rev range, meaning a perfectly linear power curve. Not only that, but testers have reported back that the car is incredibly smooth to drive for what it is. Interested? Contact your nearest FPV dealer, The Lion's Den will do the rest.

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Fuji Speedway
Note- Same suspension setup and everything for Suzuka and likely anywhere else, just the Final drive ratio would need changing from track to track

Tuner's Notes:
Not much special to note on on really
Make use of lift off turning capabilities

I cant wait for more drift tunes ,the mustang was great!
I saw this and thought of you http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=3xi5vteQ7vI
some inspiration for drifting and your car lol.

Thankyou!:dopey: I was about to do the AMG when I discovered it was still too much power for me, but maybe one day I can pick up where I left off. I have a lot of tunes I want to do for these new grip events as most are very good events with a ride range of cars. I also want to stick to muscular cars when it comes to drifting. Too bad we only have a few in Prologue.
That Ute driver is quite impressive, although given the council placed road signs I doubt it's private property.:lol: If we get a Holden Ute in GT5 I will be doing many tunes of all kinds for that one, including drift tunes.;)

Tried your NSX type R tune last night at the 550pp Suzuka race. Its really nice.

Your tunes usually scare me off because you do strange things like have the dampers higher or out of ratio with the spring rate but this car works, feels neutral and never feels like its fighting itself.

Its a strong contender for that race.

TLD BMW Z4 tii​
(172kw) (300Nm) (1160kg) (550 PP)
(216kw) (344Nm) (1160kg) (550 PP

tunesheet_Z4.jpg

Performance:

Power: +1 +25
Weight: 85% 85%
Tyres: R1 S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-28 -30/-28
Spring Rates: 7/4 8/5
Damper: 1/1 5/4
Toe: -0.15/0.00 -0.16/+0.15
Camber: 1.2/0.7 1.6/1.2

Brake Balance: 5/7 5/9

Max Turn Angle: 45 45

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.610 3.860
2nd: 2.168 2.168
3rd: 1.674 1.657
4th: 1.343 1.338
5th: 1.096 1.096
6th: 0.910 0.910
Final: 3.995 2.875

Description: Here's something you haven't seen in a while, a BMW Z4, and for once it's a competitive car! What it lacks on the straights it more than makes up for in the bends, the car is like a go-kart. A lot of extra weight has been stripped out, and even race slicks and a close ratio gearbox have been added. A new air intake helps the engine breathe a little better. With the new Z4 on the horizon, this car is a swan song for this model, a last hurrah, and may we say, what a car.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Soft dampers so you can take advantage of those super grippy tyres and be extra aggressive on the kerbs
Don't red-line it, it sufferes from severe power drop off approaching red-line

Last edited:
TLD Alfa Romeo 147 GTA Veloce
(170kw) (248Nm) (1088kg) (550 PP)

TLD_tunesheet-alpha.gif

I'm driving this car for a few days online now. The changes on the demper settings are an improvement. You can take the curbs more aggressively and i can carry a bit more speed through the corners. A high 1:52 must be possible , I think :) , I managed a low 1:53.

I fiddled a bit with the tyres but I went back to te R3/R3 setting. This is in my opinion the best choice for this car. I grips like hell and the gain in horsepower when changing tyres is not worth mentioning. Too say the improvement in acceleration is lost in the technical part of the course.

I changed one thing and that are the gears. Final gear I changed so that max speed is 240 or 242 , this improves a bit the acceleration and on the straight you can catch a slipstream a bit easier. Overtaking is bit more difficult on the straight. You can get next to your opponent and then outbrake them at the end. Works everytime 👍 , well almost if i don't mess up :dunce:

a hell of a tune +1 👍

I'm driving this car for a few days online now. The changes on the demper settings are an improvement. You can take the curbs more aggressively and i can carry a bit more speed through the corners. A high 1:52 must be possible , I think :) , I managed a low 1:53.

I fiddled a bit with the tyres but I went back to te R3/R3 setting. This is in my opinion the best choice for this car. I grips like hell and the gain in horsepower when changing tyres is not worth mentioning. Too say the improvement in acceleration is lost in the technical part of the course.

I changed one thing and that are the gears. Final gear I changed so that max speed is 240 or 242 , this improves a bit the acceleration and on the straight you can catch a slipstream a bit easier. Overtaking is bit more difficult on the straight. You can get next to your opponent and then outbrake them at the end. Works everytime 👍 , well almost if i don't mess up :dunce:

a hell of a tune +1 👍

Thanks mate.👍 The increase in power from changing tyres is mostly negligible because the bottom end becomes useless. When I tuned the gears, I found that if you slipstreamed (or managed to anyway) the entire straight of Fuji with my current settings you'd just reach peak at the braking point for turn 1, but I feel the car could be faster with shorter gears but would then peak out.;) A 1'52 would be an awesome time, best I've managed is high 1'53, and average low 1'54s.:)

BTW, I'm half way through doing that "other thing" if you know what I mean.;) Still got half to go.:dopey:

Hey Paulie,

Just wanted to thank you for your Suzuka 600pp tunes. They work beautifully for the 650pp Suzuka event, just by switching the S2 tires to R1. Of course I am aware that further tuning can be done, but cars like your M3, and the NSX are working so well for me, that I don't want to ruin them. :)

The M3 is my favorite so far, I was running 2'07's in R1 tires, then reduced power a bit to put R3's on it and I managed a 2'06, although 2'05 are certainly possible in the hands of a more skilled driver.

Thanks again for sharing your tunes. 👍👍

Hey Paulie,

Just wanted to thank you for your Suzuka 600pp tunes. They work beautifully for the 650pp Suzuka event, just by switching the S2 tires to R1. Of course I am aware that further tuning can be done, but cars like your M3, and the NSX are working so well for me, that I don't want to ruin them. :)

The M3 is my favorite so far, I was running 2'07's in R1 tires, then reduced power a bit to put R3's on it and I managed a 2'06, although 2'05 are certainly possible in the hands of a more skilled driver.

Thanks again for sharing your tunes. 👍👍

Thankyou for using my tunes, it's a good feeling when you hear how you're helping people.:)

Hey Paulie!

Tried the Focus on Fuji. Very impressive as usual ;) Easy to drive, forgiving and competitive. I highly recommend it with 👍👍👍👍👍

Just maybe a little tweak of the gears?

Managed easy 1.53 lows right from the second lap. After getting used to it, I'm sure I could do 1.52 consistently and easy. That's G25 times.

Too bad it's not my kinda tune! :dopey:

Back to my Insane Integra, which by the way I modified after seeing your settings. Got my self in the right direction on the braking and into the 1.51 :)

Thanks!

Thankyou hornet_burnout, although don't ever think I'd tyre stagger if that's what you mean by "not your kind of tune".:sly:

Re: Gears- If you're thinking they should be shorter, that's your loss/gain depending on how you look at it. I make race tunes, not time trial tunes, so the gears are set up to fall just short of topping out even if you slipstream the entire straight, because topping out is bad and a sign of poor gearing.;) (Unless it happens right on the brake zone)

Thankyou hornet_burnout, although don't ever think I'd tyre stagger if that's what you mean by "not your kind of tune".:sly:

Re: Gears- If you're thinking they should be shorter, that's your loss/gain depending on how you look at it. I make race tunes, not time trial tunes, so the gears are set up to fall just short of topping out even if you slipstream the entire straight, because topping out is bad and a sign of poor gearing.;) (Unless it happens right on the brake zone)

Not the tires, I don't advise that to anyone :scared:. It's that I always run my cars very close to the ground, stiff as a brick, loads of FR grip, and little or almost no R grip. When you put all that together, you have an insane tune.

As for the gears, I meant a little tweak to optimize rpm in 2nd and 4th through some corners. But it's a bit of a individual choice for each person, not that it affects lap times.

You're top gear/final are perfect, don't let hotlapers tell you otherwise 👍 I hate to slipstream someone and then have the engine run out of rpm and loose all that hard work getting there in the first place. That's dumb :dunce:

Gday Paulie.
Have been trialling your FWD 550 tunes and love them, I dont know how you guys manage to get these so good!

Anyway to jump in on the previous discussion with hornet_burnout, I also had a play with the gears.
After running your tune and LP2K's tune back to back, I found that i preferred your suspension settings and his gear ratios.
I fully understand your reasoning on why you set the gears as they are, this way however suits me better :)

Anyway it was just say a quick hello, love the tune, just wanted to provide some feedback on it.

Keep it up. Cheers
BroncosXR8

Paulie!!! I like your new tunes... I think the GT-R is so good that I'm just going to credit you on my thread... is that cool? Because it's proving a b**** to tune for me...

cheers...

Hi Paulie :)

I still use your R8 tune for Fuji and its a winnercar:) 99% 1-3 place, and thats nice.
Do you work for a tune to Suzuka for this car now?

Per

Whoops, I shall have to try and get that tune to you this week. I've had so many other things I've been doing, I kind of put my garage on hold. I figured if people wanted a tune they'd ask.:)

There is now a 650 PP R8 tuned for Suzuka in here. Just click on the Audi R8 brochure in the first post (i.e. link). It's running on R1 tyres at the moment, let me know if there is another combo you know to be faster.
Also, a TLD first, I shall be releasing an offline/arcade based Mustang. The car is so fun in offline I want to share it. It will fit into the 550 PP RWD event at Suzuka, but it will also lose because people only drive what's fastest.:rolleyes:

Back