Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
Just drove your WRX 07 Paulie. I knew nothing of GTP or your tuning as of last week, until I was blown away online by someone else driving your WRX and he was kind enough to divulge the secret.

What a difference a decent tune makes, the stability under braking and mid-corner grip are exceptional. I've being doing consistant low 1.43's at Fiji at the R1's, which seem to be pretty competitive at the moment.

Thanks again (Who said nothing good ever came out of QLD)

Yeah, thanks for the Mustang drift car set up. I just started drifting and this set up just makes things easier and gives me a reference point for drift tuning. Thanks, much & I'll keep checking for new stuff.

Thanks, it's good to hear feedback on my drift tunes as I'm still relatively new to drifting myself.:) There is a new drift car coming soon, but other things have delayed it.

Just drove your WRX 07 Paulie. I knew nothing of GTP or your tuning as of last week, until I was blown away online by someone else driving your WRX and he was kind enough to divulge the secret.

What a difference a decent tune makes, the stability under braking and mid-corner grip are exceptional. I've being doing consistant low 1.43's at Fiji at the R1's, which seem to be pretty competitive at the moment.

Thanks again (Who said nothing good ever came out of QLD)

Thanks a lot for the positive comments mate.👍 Even though the WRX was tuned on N3s for an older event, the setup still seems to be working for most at the current events, which is good to know.👍

Edit: The R34 GT-R for Fuji 650 PP has been updated, I just dropped the rear downforce a tiny bit and added some power, it's now understeering less and accelerating better, low 1'44s are possible.

Last edited:
Hey mate, Drove your Driftang and it's very nice. Very easy to control but i think maybe few more horsepowers should be added. Overral works very good. Can't wait for AMG :)

Maybe someday if you will have some time you could fix up RX7 or RX8 :) SRT10/Tuned would be nice also :)

Hey mate, Drove your Driftang and it's very nice. Very easy to control but i think maybe few more horsepowers should be added. Overral works very good. Can't wait for AMG :)

Maybe someday if you will have some time you could fix up RX7 or RX8 :) SRT10/Tuned would be nice also :)

Thanks for the feedback on the Mustang drifter.👍 More power would have meant a lowsy low end, so I didn't do it. Maybe in the full GT5 when we get proper modifications.;)

TLD-R SL55 AMG Drift Car
(415kw) (772Nm) (1661kg) (618 PP)

SL55%20(2).jpg

Performance:

Power: +11
Weight: 85%
Tyres: N3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -28/-28
Spring Rates: 9/5
Damper: 4/6
Toe: +0.10/+0.20
Camber: 0.4/0.0

Brake Balance: 0/6

Max Turn Angle: 50

All driving aids strictly off!

Gear Ratios:
1st: N/A
2nd: N/A
3rd: N/A
4th: N/A
5th: N/A
Final: 2.871

Description: The second drift car to come from The Lion's Den Racing has been a long time coming, and for that we officially apologise. Hopefully though, the car itself will more than make up for the wait. The SL55 AMG is a bit of a slop bucket as stock, although the engine is very powerful, very torquey and very capable. So what's the first thing we did? Boost the engine output! Now pumping a mighty 415kw, with a fat torque curve peaking at 772Nm, the engine is perfect for drifting. Of course the chassis was a high priority though, and the TLD-R division has worked on it as well making it firmer and more controllable as the torque fries the rear wheels whilst travelling sideways.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Probably everywhere

Tuner's Notes:
No, really, gobs of torque, throttle control is essential
I have again used the brake balance as my own make-shift handbrake, please adjust to your own liking

Last edited:
Hey, I tried your Lexus tune out on Fuji and was very pleased. The gears provide great pickup on Fuji and the car really sticks to the road on those long turns. I'll try the new drift car next. Thanks.

The Lion's Den Racing is pleased to announce a new member in our drift team, Fujiwara-kun. We are very pleased to have such a skilled member on the team, and hopefully he too can enjoy his time drifting with us.

Hey, I tried your Lexus tune out on Fuji and was very pleased. The gears provide great pickup on Fuji and the car really sticks to the road on those long turns. I'll try the new drift car next. Thanks.

Thanks for the comments.👍 The IS F is a suprisingly good car at Fuji, I'm very pleased with it.:)

Oh, yeah. I was wondering on your Audi R8 tune for Fuji if I should just increase the horsepower for a 650pp race.

Yes, up the power and tyres (decrease weight to 85% if not done already). Just a side note too, you can edit your previous post instead of posting a new one if you have something new to say.;)

Cheers for the welcom Paulie, I will test the drift cars see how they run, I will report later on as I wont have much time on GT5P... school is just great :lol:

👍

TLD TVR Tamora Blackpool Edition
(243kw) (380Nm) (932kg) (650 PP)

tunesheet_tamora.gif

Performance:

Power: -7
Weight: 88%
Tyres: R3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -22/-20
Spring Rates: 6/3
Damper: 5/2
Toe: -0.16/+0.18
Camber: 1.2/0.8

Brake Balance: 5/8

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.418
2nd: 2.550
3rd: 1.874
4th: 1.441
5th: 1.136
Final: 2.860

Description: A raw and hard hitting driving feel surounds this car. The TLD Tamora came about when a customer came into our showroom looking at our M3. When we asked if he was interested he said he wanted a 2 door sports car, but would have preferred something a little more driver orientated. We agreed the TVR was the way to go and got to work. While it isn't the fastest car out there, it's not the slowest either, and is certainly quite unique.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Fuji Speedway

Tuner's Notes:
Shift up at 7,000rpm
Depress throttle quickly but smoothly

TLD-R Ford GT LM Spec IV Time Attack Edition
(515kw) (788Nm) (990kg) (860 PP)​

tunesheet_GTlmhsr800.jpg

Performance:

Power: +15
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R3
Downforce: 20/35

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -11/-10
Spring Rates: 3/9
Dampers: 2/3
Toe: -0.10/+0.20
Camber: 0.6/1.0

Brake Balance: 5/6

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.250
2nd: 1.518
3rd: 1.192
4th: 0.990
5th: 0.838
6th: 0.686
Final: 3.300

Description: The Lion's Den Racing is now bringing out our second time atack car, again we have it for Fuji Speedway, the GT LM Spec IV Time Attack Edition. This car is by no means for beginners, the lift off oversteer is still quite violent at some corners, despite being mostly tuned out. This absolute speed demon is a good 2sec a lap faster than the Viper we released, and can do 0-100km/hr in 2.5sec, 0-200km/hr in 6.6sec and on to a top speed (only on Fuji straight mind you where it is still pulling hard before you need to brake) 340km/hr. It's so fast in fact, that Nürburgring track managers wouldn't let us test it there, stating it would be too dangerous. They were going on the reasoning that F1 was banned from the Green Hell due to dangers and fatalities, and this GT LM was only 4sec slower than an F1 car at Fuji!

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Fuji Speedway

Tuner's Notes:
Tuned as a 5spd gearbox
Beware the lift off oversteer primarily at turn 3
Rev it to just over 7,000rpm
Hitting curbs can be fatal in this car, although with the softer dampers now it's not as bad, but still dangerous
Don't hurt yourself!

nice thread there man. I mainly play GT5P for drifting (though i'm still just a learner) so most of this thread isn't helpful to me yet but I am looking forward to see more of your drift tuning in the future. Especially drift cars (350z, RX-7,...). Cheers

Could anyone point me in the right direction for information on tires? I just want to know what tire to use depending on the situation. Thanks.

Tires in GT5P is rated from worse to best (n1-r3). If you want more control/grip use higher grades like S tires, if you want lose traction use lower grades like n series. It's all depend on what you want to do. If you're drifting it's best to go around N3-S1, if you grip you can also use that to test your driving skill XD

nice thread there man. I mainly play GT5P for drifting (though i'm still just a learner) so most of this thread isn't helpful to me yet but I am looking forward to see more of your drift tuning in the future. Especially drift cars (350z, RX-7,...). Cheers

Have you tried the Mustang drift car I have? It's quite a good car for learner drifters.:)

Have you tried the Mustang drift car I have? It's quite a good car for learner drifters.:)

I'm trying to learn how to become a better drifter with the wheel. It's quite hard to get used to. This car and tune could help me. I hope.

I'm trying to learn how to become a better drifter with the wheel. It's quite hard to get used to. This car and tune could help me. I hope.

It's all preference, but I think that turning force feedback to 5 for drifting is good, the wheel becomes easier to control.

It's all preference, but I think that turning force feedback to 5 for drifting is good, the wheel becomes easier to control.

I always use Force Feedback on 5. I'm just trying to get used to the transitions between corners and also entries to corners.

I always use Force Feedback on 5. I'm just trying to get used to the transitions between corners and also entries to corners.

Drifting's not easy :crazy::lol:, respect to those that can do it well.

i gave it a try earlier but hmm it didn't suit me too well. Too much power for me i guess I keep spin out with it. But it is very to get your car sliding though since the break ratio is 0/10 xD. I wouldn't say it's a beginner car more like mid skilled lvl car but that's just me I still very suck at controlling my throttle and countersteer. the only "drift" i can do is on the tuned cappucino.

Drifting's not easy :crazy::lol:, respect to those that can do it well.

Yep, I figured that out really quickly. At the moment I can drift better with the Sixaxis. But it's obviously more realistic if you use the wheel. So i'm trying to get used to drifting with a wheel. But hat's off to you awesome drifters with wheels out there.👍:crazy:

Yep, I figured that out really quickly. At the moment I can drift better with the Sixaxis. But it's obviously more realistic if you use the wheel. So i'm trying to get used to drifting with a wheel. But hat's off to you awesome drifters with wheels out there.👍:crazy:

I also use the Sixaxis for drifting. But yes, using a wheel is much more realistic and I must learn sometime. :)

Tryed out ur SL55 well made tune, suspension works nice and pretty easy to control.
But for some reason i don't like that car, don't know why :E maybe because it doesn't have a clutch or something.

ps. You still gonna make drift cars? I would have some requests if it's possible? :) RX-7 or 350z normal or tuned doesn't matter for me :) also Amuse s2000 and SRT10/tuned so if you are interested in making any of those cars it would be cool.

Tryed out ur SL55 well made tune, suspension works nice and pretty easy to control.
But for some reason i don't like that car, don't know why :E maybe because it doesn't have a clutch or something.

ps. You still gonna make drift cars? I would have some requests if it's possible? :) RX-7 or 350z normal or tuned doesn't matter for me :) also Amuse s2000 and SRT10/tuned so if you are interested in making any of those cars it would be cool.

Thanks mate.👍 I will be making more drift cars, but at the moment I'm focusing on muscle cars as I'm a muscle car kind of guy.:sly: A little later down the track I will probably do some JP cars, but as for the Tuned cars, I'm no where near skilled enough to drift those yet let alone tune them.:crazy::lol:

I would like some constructive feedback on something if anyone has time? I've been driving my Mustang GT350 at Daytona 550 today, and wondered if I should add more rear toe-in to increase stability and also shorten 3rd gear. If anyone has time to test if I should do that it would be great thanks.👍

TLD Nissan Skyline GTS Coupe
(246kw) (363Nm) (1543kg) (550 PP)

nissan_skyline_coupe.jpg

Performance:

Power: 0
Weight: 93%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-28
Spring Rates: 6/3
Damper: 3/4
Toe: -0.12/+0.12
Camber: 1.6/1.2

Brake Balance: 5/8

Max Turn Angle: 50

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.245
2nd: 2.022
3rd: 1.505
4th: 1.155
5th: 0.903
Final: 3.770 4.040 (For Fuji Speedway/Suzuka)

Description: The Skyline GTS is back, a new hardcore track version of the Skyline Coupe. Power output remains the same, however weight has been reduced to 1543kg, sports brakes installed, adjustable track suspension and a revised gearbox. Additionally, TLD has fitted semi-slick Summer tyres. The car is quite fast, especially with the settings tuned by TLD.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Daytona Road Course
Fuji Speedway/Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Drive it with techniques straight out of a text book, there is nothing really special to report about unique vehicle attributes.

Last edited:
Well, here I am to review some of your cars, Paulie. I've recently been fiddling about working out a new Cup combination and although the events are apparently likely to change again this week, I've been checking out the available cars for Eiger PP550, so first I'll start with what you have on offer for this track and PP combination.
The only thing I changed in your setups is the steering angle as I use a pad and the controller is a lot more twitchy than a wheel, especially since the update back last year.

Anyway, first review:
TLD Mazda 6-550T MPS
First of all, I'd just like to say I originally felt this car was a bit beyond saving in terms of speed, but it appears I was wrong (not surprisingly, lol, I should have known with Mazdas). The tune gives exactly what is needed around Eiger - great acceleration, especially in 2nd gear as you exit most of the corners in this gear (except obviously the long right hander and the fast chicane). Gearbox is great, I can't see any improvements in this area and I'm overall impressed and pleased with the car (and tune's) ability around the track. The car in its stock form is extremely sluggish through its gearbox and this really was all that needed improving, and improved it TLD has.
The general handling of the car is good, although the stock form didn't have many issues from what I could see - its good to see that despite the increase in speed, the tune has kept the good handling, with no visible understeer existing and a very easy car to point around and squirt throttle.

Overall - 10/10 tune, does everything it needs to in order to improve the car and takes nothing away from the car's postives. Basically it makes the car faster without losing what advantages it already had or introducing any new problems. Can't see any problems with it and it would have been a contender for the Cup combination, might still be if Eiger 550PP still exists next week.

TLD VW Golf V GTI
Again, similar to the Atenza, this car is didn't need much beyond the gearbox improving - which again is pretty damn good. However, in the Golf's case, there was a little bit more turn available, which this tune seems to have unlocked. Satisfying to drive and clearly quicker thanks to the gearbox, my only problem is that it seems to understeer a lot more in the dip in the track just before the bridge compared to the Atenza, but I came across this in stock settings, so it might be just the car itself - or just my driving!

Overall - 9/10 tune, I expected this car to be good, and it is, the tune does everything right again though I feel that something could be done about the understeer - its a minor issue and I think it may be just my crappy driving. A 10 otherwise.

Thats it for now - I'll be testing more cars later, perhaps tomorrow or Wednesday at a different track and PP combination.

Back