Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
Thanks for the 2 awesome reviews Ardius.:D:tup: I love reviews like this, let's me know how I'm really doing. I shall have another look at the Golf to see if some understeer can be dialled out, or if that would introduce too much instability.đź‘Ť

No problem Paulie.

I've only managed to test one more car:

TLD Shelby Mustang GT350
First impressions - not good, :lol: I'd forgotten how bad this car is, it effectively has the same steering ability as a cruise ship and has a very disappointing engine (though it does sound awesome). But, thats not the way this car should be handled, this is never going to be a fast car and it should not be approached as such. This is a car to throw around, get the wheels spinning and have a few relaxing drifts with. Quite simply, this is a boy racers car in my opinion, :lol:. Sounds great, does drifts great but has rubbish performance when you're trying to drive it fast.
So with this in mind, we turn to TLD's tune. Now, I'm sure the intention was to make this tune fast(er) and overall I think its succeeded. However, it actually also helps to highlight the real reason you use the Mustang - great stability in drifts. I'm not really a drifter-type person, I don't spend a lot of time perfecting my drifting techniques or anything. However, this tune provides a very stable drift car for me at least, with the wheel spin in 2nd gear perfect for setting up the car into corners but not so excessive that its difficult to hold and control.

If I was to rate this car for its performance, its horrible :lol: awful understeer when you really don't want it, wheel spin in most exits of corners and a serious lack of power. Accelerates like a ship and turns like one. The tune does make it a bit better and once again the transmission does help put some speed into the thing.

Overall - 8/10 just for how fun it is as a car to throw about the place and drift all over the shop. I'm rating the tune this highly because the tune really can't help the lack of power in the engine, which is my main problem and although the understeer is horrible for speed-driving, its perfect for drifiting (for me at least).
This is a serious contender for a choice as a Cup car, easy to drive, but not easy to drive fast - and its a lot of fun to race against other Mustangs, just for the engine noise and sliding action.

Thanks again Ardius.đź‘Ť As the Mustang was originally tuned for offline, I tried to keep some of the fun aspect to driving a muscle car, powerslides when you want them.:sly: Although I don't find the understeer too bad (but still not as good as other cars), it loses the most speed by being slower than the power suggests in a straight line, and all the wheelspin. I think most of that can be blaimed on the horrible gearbox, and some on a lowsy PP system.

Edit:
Announcement
Just so everyone knows, if it isn't done already I'll be starting up an event for Fuji 550 PP RWD event running N1-S3 tyres only, and will be releasing a few tunes for that event. I may do some tunes for other events, but no promises.

Last edited:
Hey Paulie,I just tried your tune for the Nissan 370 GT, and I like it, very stable and controllable. Thanks for that, and keep making tunes for other cars than the ones always used in online racing like Clio, NSX, GT-R etc etc.

I tried it at Fuji, and I think it's a great car for that event, though I don't know what changes have to be made for that track.

I'll keep checking back on your garage, cause i'll be at the Fuji for most of the time, so I'm in for an event there.

Hey Paulie,I just tried your tune for the Nissan 370 GT, and I like it, very stable and controllable. Thanks for that, and keep making tunes for other cars than the ones always used in online racing like Clio, NSX, GT-R etc etc.

I tried it at Fuji, and I think it's a great car for that event, though I don't know what changes have to be made for that track.

I'll keep checking back on your garage, cause i'll be at the Fuji for most of the time, so I'm in for an event there.

Thanks for trying my Skyline, I wondered if anyone would.:) It was surprisingly quite good, I'm still wondering if changes are needed for Fuji, they could include shorter gears and more rear toe in for stability on those off camber corners. I will be testing it soon.:)

TLD Suzuki Swift Track
(153kw) (209Nm) (901kg) (550 PP)

tunesheet_suzukiswift.gif

Performance:

Power: +51
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -40/-40
Spring Rates: 9/3
Damper: 3/4
Toe: 0.00/-0.25
Camber: 0.5/0.2

Brake Balance: 5/8

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.711
2nd: 1.945
3rd: 1.435
4th: 1.138
5th: 0.930
Final: 3.865

Description: The first of TLD's cars designed to compete in the Garage Showdowns. TLD has put some work into this car to make it as fast as we hope is possible, of course there never is a perfect setup. Surprisingly this little Swift is not a bad car, even if it isn't terribly pretty.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka Circuit

Tuner's Notes:
Most of the time it's easier to simply lift off rather than brake
Just before the first left hander into the Suzuka esses the car will ask for 4th gear. Change into 4th, then at the right hander immediately after change back to 3rd and leave it there for the rest of the esses.
130R can be taken flat-out

Last edited:
TLD Jaguar XK Coupe
(248kw) (431Nm) (1436kg) (550 PP)

tunesheet_2007_Jaguar_XK_coupe.gif

Performance:

Power: +10
Weight: 85%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -20/-18
Spring Rate: 7/4
Damper: 5/3
Toe: -0.14/+0.15
Camber: 1.8/1.5

Brake Balance: 5/8

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.438
2nd: 2.012
3rd: 1.493
4th: 1.153
5th: 0.925
6th: 0.761
Final: 3.460 3.730

Description: My dear friends, The Lion's Den presents the beautiful Jaguar XK. OK, it's not going to be the car that wins every race regardless of driver skill, but it's not that far behind. This XK has been boosted to 248kw of power, and weight reduced by removal of the unnecessaries in the interior and extensive use of painted carbon fibre. We have also used a sports suspension and very grippy semi-slick tyres. The car is very enjoyable to say the least.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Fuji Speedway
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Driver her smoothly and you'll be rewarded
Power slides are very controllable
Tuned as 5spd

Last edited:
Paulie/
"Had some excellent racing with a1PAPAOSA this afternoon, with one race resulting in us running side by side only a foot apart for half of the last lap.:D Thanks again PAPA, it was awesome racing"

Hey yeah Paulie, After having just finishing the last of ,'what was it' 5 races with only the two of us on-track?

I just have to say what an awesome bit of Head To Head racing it was, With both of us driving the same vehicle and a clear track in front .....And right from the start the battle was on with both of us struggling for grip, gear changes were critical and the first corner was anybodies from race to race. But it was what happened after that had the adrenalin flowing, There just seemed to be noway of ether of us gaining more than about 2tenths of a sec advantage at anyone stage with lead changes nearly every 2nd corner and start line splits into the thousands every lap there was no room for error.

Race 4&5 Now after getting used to each others braking areas the racing stepped up a level and got even closer, with nearly 1/3 of the laps in the last 2 races spent side by side through corner after corner ...Absolutely awesome .....And the car?? The Jaguar XK..

Cheers Paulie for some of the best laps I've had lately and in a car that I wouldn't normally drive../See you out there :)

Awesomely fast work Paulie, cheers.

And thank you very much for a new XK tune! I've been waiting for one for a while!

The swift is a hoot to drive. I find I'm buying Australian and only using TLD tunes :)

One car I can't stop going back to is the 07 STi. Maybe its just laziness but the car grips so well and is perfect for heated online battles. Any chance of giving it a tweak for me for the new Daytona event?

The swift is a hoot to drive. I find I'm buying Australian and only using TLD tunes :)

One car I can't stop going back to is the 07 STi. Maybe its just laziness but the car grips so well and is perfect for heated online battles. Any chance of giving it a tweak for me for the new Daytona event?

Thanks mate, glad you went Australian.;)

I could have a look at the '07 STi tonight for you, I'll let you know when I've updated it.:)

Any chance for an FWD-R Drift tune to play around with? Other two were pretty good and smooth. It's been rough getting a FWD drift tune though. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Your a legend.

Perhaps not so legendary :ouch: I won't be able to do it until Thursday.:guilty: Hopefully the current tune will last you until then.

Any chance for an FWD-R Drift tune to play around with? Other two were pretty good and smooth. It's been rough getting a FWD drift tune though. Thanks in advance.

A FWD drift car?:odd:

TLD Nissan Skyline GTS-R​
(281kw) (421Nm) (1143kg) (650 PP)​

20090207-g37-01.jpg

Performance:

Power: -4
Weight: 86%
Tyres: R1
Downforce: 5/6

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -20/-16
Spring Rates: 8/3
Damper: 5/2
Toe: -0.16/+0.20
Camber: 1.0/0.6

Brake Balance: 5/6

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.245
2nd: 2.022
3rd: 1.503
4th: 1.155
5th: 0.903
Final: 3.540

Description: Before the GT-R ever came along, the top of the line Skyline model for the R31 model code was the GTS-R. With the GT-R now being its own entity, there was nothing stopping us from bringing back the top dog Skyline. With aero packages, power and weight to perform, it should be one hell of an exciting drive.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Daytona Road

Tuner's Notes:
Fairly easy to over drive, so be conservative
Further testing required, due to a tight time limit I haven't race tested it yet.

Yo Paulie,

Thanks a million for the Skyline tune ;) Just when I needed it most... I'm off to practise for my race in Daytona Road. I would love to give you feedback on how your tune performs but I'm such a n00b at "feeling" a car :( But I'll try my best...

:cheers:

Yo Paulie,

Thanks a million for the Skyline tune ;) Just when I needed it most... I'm off to practise for my race in Daytona Road. I would love to give you feedback on how your tune performs but I'm such a n00b at "feeling" a car :( But I'll try my best...

Just let me know if the gears are too short and top out under slipstream would be good.đź‘Ť

TLD Acura NSX "Equaliser"
(225kw) (309Nm) (1160kg) (550 PP) (Fuji Speedway/Suzuka)
(225kw) (309 Nm) (1160kg) (550 PP) (Eiger Nordwand)

1Acura_NSX.jpg

Performance:

Power: +13 +13
Weight: 85% 85%
Tyres: S3 S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-29 -30/-29
Spring Rate: 4/8 4/6
Damper: 2/4 1/3
Toe: -0.16/+0.30 -0.16/+0.40
Camber: 1.0/1.2 1.0/1.2

Brake Balance: 5/5 5/6

Max Turn Angle: 45 50

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.825 2.825
2nd: 1.881 1.622
3rd: 1.369 1.369
4th: 1.047 1.072
5th: 0.849 0.849
Final: 4.250 5.000

Description: The Acura NSX is often overlooked for its faster (to the point of cheating) Honda brother. The Lion's Den have gotten a hold of an Acura NSX, and have tuned it to compete in the sports car races running down at Fuji Speedway at the moment. Unlike the Honda though, you can enjoy this NSX without being labelled a cheater, and it will indeed provide some close and fun racing, hence the name "Equaliser", as it equals out the NSX to the rest of the field.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Fuji Speedway
Suzuka
Eiger

Tuner's Notes:
Make use of lift-off oversteer
Rev it slightly past 8,000rpm
Be careful on corner exits as it can snap oversteer (well almost a snap anyway, once oversteer sets in the car is very twitchy).
Might be faster on R tyres at Eiger (un-tested), if it is I don't care, R tyres on low powered cars is stupidly over-kill, it's more fun on S tyres
Gears look funny and dis-arrayed, but work well

Last edited:
I've been driving your newer STI, and I must say that it is absolutely sublime.

In stock form, what I loved about the car was its out-of-control, overwhelmed feeling, like too much power for its tyres, without even much power at all, so it made slower races exciting in the earlier stages. After seeing that you combined a power-max, a weight minimum, and N3 tyres, I expected a simply terrifying car. Naturally, it was the first one I tested. But, oddly enough, it feels infinitely more composed and balanced than the stock form. The oversteer is very well-tamed, to the extent that it is never present when unwanted, yet the car never feels as if it is plowing outwards. The power is, of course, relentless and rapid, the braking and grip are still somehow well-suited to the car. Maybe it just forces a conservative driving style, but the rhythm feels wonderful. And, thanks to the rear-biased braking and the huge but exhaustable traction, controllable drifting is just one on-the-fly adjustment away; I love switching ABS on and off. The car sits at a comfortable 546PP, which unfortunately is fairly inconvenient online, so the best thing I could find to do with it was to, against all odds, place respectably in 4WD 600PP race. It's a car wihtout a very easily applied purpose, but it is still absolutely spectacular in its own right, a composed and capable modern Japanese muscle car. Thank you for making the first car I will never sell in GT5:P.

It's bloody amazing.

I've been driving your newer STI, and I must say that it is absolutely sublime.

In stock form, what I loved about the car was its out-of-control, overwhelmed feeling, like too much power for its tyres, without even much power at all, so it made slower races exciting in the earlier stages. After seeing that you combined a power-max, a weight minimum, and N3 tyres, I expected a simply terrifying car. Naturally, it was the first one I tested. But, oddly enough, it feels infinitely more composed and balanced than the stock form. The oversteer is very well-tamed, to the extent that it is never present when unwanted, yet the car never feels as if it is plowing outwards. The power is, of course, relentless and rapid, the braking and grip are still somehow well-suited to the car. Maybe it just forces a conservative driving style, but the rhythm feels wonderful. And, thanks to the rear-biased braking and the huge but exhaustable traction, controllable drifting is just one on-the-fly adjustment away; I love switching ABS on and off. The car sits at a comfortable 546PP, which unfortunately is fairly inconvenient online, so the best thing I could find to do with it was to, against all odds, place respectably in 4WD 600PP race. It's a car wihtout a very easily applied purpose, but it is still absolutely spectacular in its own right, a composed and capable modern Japanese tuner car. Thank you for making the first car I will never sell in GT5:P.

It's bloody amazing.

Thanks for that review and comments EA11R, did you only just get GT5:P? The WRXs I have actually used to fit into an event that was limited to N3 tyres very well, but now, as events change, cars become obsolete, but they are still very fun to drive as you mentioned.đź‘Ť Thanks for trying it.:)

Just let me know if the gears are too short and top out under slipstream would be good.đź‘Ť

Gears are fine the way it is or maybe I've got used to it ;) As for the top speed, I've not had a chance to slipstream till it maxed out so I guess its good too. The car's pretty stable even though's its RWD on R1s. I can step on the throttle early after some turns which helps slightly. So I guess overall, its another winner from TLD ;)

Gears are fine the way it is or maybe I've got used to it ;) As for the top speed, I've not had a chance to slipstream till it maxed out so I guess its good too. The car's pretty stable even though's its RWD on R1s. I can step on the throttle early after some turns which helps slightly. So I guess overall, its another winner from TLD ;)

Good to hear mate, I hope it brings you good fortune in your race.đź‘Ť

Major props to the guys at TLD tuning garage for the Stuning 650pp Tuned Corvette.

My new favourite car to race in. Goes like stink and handles better than i imagined the corvette was possibly capable of.

Great work guys.

Major props to the guys at TLD tuning garage for the Stuning 650pp Tuned Corvette.

My new favourite car to race in. Goes like stink and handles better than i imagined the corvette was possibly capable of.

Great work guys.

Thanks mate, I'm glad you like it.đź‘Ť

TLD BMW 1035 Turbo​
(228kw) (400Nm) (1357kg) (550 PP)

175036.jpg

Performance:

Power: +0
Weight: 87%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -35/-34
Spring Rates: 6/5
Damper: 7/2
Toe: -0.16/+0.18
Camber: 1.2/1.0

Brake Balance: 5/7

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.390
2nd: 2.070
3rd: 1.613
4th: 1.295
5th: 1.076
6th: 0.923
Final: 2.850 3.075

Description: The new 1 series coupe has been hailed as the successor to the BMW 2002 Turbo, until everyone found out how heavy it was which cost it dearly in performance. That's where we came in, stripping out some weight to make it a real performer. We decided to give it a name similar to the 2002 Turbo while retaining links to its 135i name. So maybe the name isn't genius, but as you can expect from TLD, the car is, so have fun.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Fuji Speedway
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at 7,000rpm
Tiny bit of lift-off oversteer you might be able to use.

Last edited:
Hey mate, After running a few races with you lastnight in this car, I must say that the speed of it was totally unexpected. What a little missile .:sly:

I haven't been playing online very long at all, so meh. You should check through your garage and make sure your cars' PP scores are all corect; apparently you built some before the update and the PP scores are inaccurate. For example, your 512BB has nearly 700PP now.

Also, I gave your GT-R R35 tune a go, and I think I discovered something very important about the game: The cockpit view gives the game a very realistic sense of when a car is awkward and huge and terrible, regardless of how it moves. Your tune was way better than stock, and pretty good in its own right, but still gave a terrible feeling simply because the car was so big. I already knew about the cockpit-effect, actually; that's why I pounced on your STI tune. I loved the way it drove, but it needed to attend finishing school before the way it moves at pace is up to snuff.

Did I earn a tune? I'm not trying eargerly to exploit or anything, I'm just not completely certain if I've reviewed well enough. Either way, I still seek a car that has oddly high potential...

Probably won't find an underrated car in this small game, but it'll be fun anyways. And so I seek.

Back