Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
I haven't been playing online very long at all, so meh. You should check through your garage and make sure your cars' PP scores are all corect; apparently you built some before the update and the PP scores are inaccurate. For example, your 512BB has nearly 700PP now.

Also, I gave your GT-R R35 tune a go, and I think I discovered something very important about the game: The cockpit view gives the game a very realistic sense of when a car is awkward and huge and terrible, regardless of how it moves. Your tune was way better than stock, and pretty good in its own right, but still gave a terrible feeling simply because the car was so big. I already knew about the cockpit-effect, actually; that's why I pounced on your STI tune. I loved the way it drove, but it needed to attend finishing school before the way it moves at pace is up to snuff.

Did I earn a tune? I'm not trying eargerly to exploit or anything, I'm just not completely certain if I've reviewed well enough. Either way, I still seek a car that has oddly high potential...

Probably won't find an underrated car in this small game, but it'll be fun anyways. And so I seek.

I didn't know I started this new garage before the last update. I'm not too worried, unless an event comes up where it will be useful it can stay that way. The setup is the same, just the PP changes.
I'd say you've earnt a request tune, yes.:) A lot of the tunes I'm making for Fuji 550 RWD are quite under-rated too.

TLD Lotus Elise 111R​
(183kw) (223Nm) (989kg) (550 PP)

Elise_S2_111R_17_x_9cm.jpg

Performance:

Power: +26
Weight: 115%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -40/-40
Spring Rates: 3/9
Damper: 2/4
Toe: -0.10/+0.08
Camber: 1.2/1.3

Brake Balance: 6/5

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.898
2nd: 1.822
3rd: 1.398
4th: 1.140
5th: 0.980
6th: 0.855
Final: 5.030 4.830

Description: I know what you're thinking, "OH NO, not another damned Elise variant", but hey, they're damn good cars. TLD has cause to celebrate today with a year's premo membership and promotion to GTP Registry div.2 bronze, and this is our gift to GTP for being such great sports.
An updated tune today, and I've since been promoted to D2 Silver, gunning for D2 Gold. It's been a superb month for me, more reason to celebrate, with Ute modifications having taken place, 2 weeks holidays, attending a V8 Supercars event with Biante Touring Car Masters as a support race, and being nominated for Apprentice of the Year, I find out if I won in a couple days!

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka
Fuji

Tuner's Notes:
Just point and shoot, this car is extremely good at everything
Be careful of the lift-off oversteer and use it to your advantage
Try to keep revs up
Leave shifts as long as possible (9,000rpm)
In order to be equal with other 550 PP cars at Suzuka, use 541 PP, make following changes:
Power: +19 (172kw) (214Nm)

Last edited:
I'm thinking MINI, but I don't know how your FFs feel. I'll do more testing eventually. Now? It's LATE and I'm tired.

I'm thinking MINI, but I don't know how your FFs feel. I'll do more testing eventually. Now? It's LATE and I'm tired.

My FWD cars are generally very good LOL, but let me know when you decide what car you want.:)

OMG Paulie.

I'm using your 650pp Suzuka R8 at the moment and it is the best thing i have ever driven round the bends.

You sir are a master.

Hey man, i tried your Suzuki Swift at suzuka :D it drives very nice and is pretty fast.. actually it is very fun.. atleast in my opinion that suzuki looks like it is as slow as oldschool Fiat 500 so it feels cool when u overtake integras etc with that car ;D very fun

Would anyone be interested in an RX-8 for Fuji 550 RWD S3 tyres as well? I've briefly tested it and didn't think much of the car itself, but it still shows speed potential to be there with the other cars.

Hey man, i tried your Suzuki Swift at suzuka :D it drives very nice and is pretty fast.. actually it is very fun.. atleast in my opinion that suzuki looks like it is as slow as oldschool Fiat 500 so it feels cool when u overtake integras etc with that car ;D very fun

Thanks mate.👍 The Swift isn't much of a looker, but hey, still fun to drive.👍 The Swift Cup didn't take off like last time though......

Hey Paulie,

I tried you 111R tune in last nights AU/NZ evening. It was slower than the NSX's but great fun to drive. You were able to hold powerslides and it was a killer around the corners. You were able to throw it into the corners and keep lots of corners speed, but it was a bit too slow in a straight line which cost me the win, but it was awesome fun.

Great tune, 9/10.👍

mad94d

Hey Paulie,

I tried you 111R tune in last nights AU/NZ evening. It was slower than the NSX's but great fun to drive. You were able to hold powerslides and it was a killer around the corners. You were able to throw it into the corners and keep lots of corners speed, but it was a bit too slow in a straight line which cost me the win, but it was awesome fun.

Great tune, 9/10.👍

mad94d

Except the Honda NSX is just about a cheater's car anyway, this is probably the 3rd fastest car in the event (excluding tuned cars). Thanks for trying it though :), it's a shame the others had to resort to an NSX.:(

Edit: BAH, I'll do an RX-8 anyway, I've done just about every other elligible car for this event.:D I wish I could make a Supra, 3000GT and Monaro (as well as many more of course) for it too though.

Last edited:
Hey Paulie, thanks for all the setups. I've been using a bunch of them:

NSX-R: So, so sweet. I've been running the car for Time Attack with R3s and 410bhp. It just eats up the road. The more ragged you drive it, the faster it goes. With my own setup, I was lucky to get a 2:07 at Suzuka. Now, with your setup, I got a 2:07 first time out and plenty of room for improvement.

F40: Only a few laps, but way WAY more drivable. Somehow the turbo lag doesn't seem to kill me mid corner anymore.

512BB: Like the NSX-Rs older brother. I drive it for the sound, but I stay for speed. It's a great car to drive, with massive amounts of grip, but enough power to overwhelm the tires whenever you want. The setup really brought out the potential of the car. nice one.

Cheers!

people kept on telling me too try the GT tuned capuccino for drifting with the G25 , after a few hundred laps around eiger , i still cant drift .
i tried youre mustang drift setup , after only 1 day with it , im 74th on the leaderboards
so i quess it works!

cant wait too see more tunes for drifting

Hey Paulie, thanks for all the setups. I've been using a bunch of them:

NSX-R: So, so sweet. I've been running the car for Time Attack with R3s and 410bhp. It just eats up the road. The more ragged you drive it, the faster it goes. With my own setup, I was lucky to get a 2:07 at Suzuka. Now, with your setup, I got a 2:07 first time out and plenty of room for improvement.

F40: Only a few laps, but way WAY more drivable. Somehow the turbo lag doesn't seem to kill me mid corner anymore.

512BB: Like the NSX-Rs older brother. I drive it for the sound, but I stay for speed. It's a great car to drive, with massive amounts of grip, but enough power to overwhelm the tires whenever you want. The setup really brought out the potential of the car. nice one.

Cheers!

Thanks for driving so many of my cars.:dopey: I'm really glad to hear they've worked so well for you.:)

people kept on telling me too try the GT tuned capuccino for drifting with the G25 , after a few hundred laps around eiger , i still cant drift .
i tried youre mustang drift setup , after only 1 day with it , im 74th on the leaderboards
so i quess it works!

cant wait too see more tunes for drifting

Thanks mate.👍 I don't know if the leaderboards are a good indication, but none the less if the car is working for you it's working.:dopey: It's the car I learnt to drift on, I think it's a pretty good car for beginners (which I still am too at drifting :sly:)

TLD Nissan Skyline Sedan Infiniti G35 Sedan​
(234kw) (359Nm) (1368kg) (550 PP)

tunesheet_G35.jpg

Performance:

Power: +1
Weight: 85%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-28
Spring Rates: 8/5
Dampers: 5/3
Toe: -0.12/+0.10
Camber: 1.8/1.3

Brake Balance: 5/8

Max Turn Angle: 50

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.245
2nd: 2.022
3rd: 1.499
4th: 1.155
5th: 0.903
Final: 4.045

Description: At The Lion's Den we are a fan of sports family sedans, especially the V8 kind, but 6cyls are favourites of ours as well. The Infiniti G35 (also known as the Skyline Sedan) has not disappointed us, it's a great car to drive. This car comes with the news that there may be a Development Series run in junction with the V8 Supercars International series, which will use 6cyl sedans, so don't think this will be our last 6cyl sedan ever.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Fuji Speedway
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
The steering is very weak and unresponsive just off centre, be careful of this when racing in tight situations

Last edited:
I did a 1'48.148 in your 512BB tune at DR 650pp. Great tune, very stable.👍

Hey Paulie, thought i would drop by and write a few reviews for you.

Tuned Vette 650pp Suzuka
This is a beast of a car. So much power under the hood even though the power has been dropped. I find in the corners it can be a struggle to get it to do what you want but the handling is noticably better than standard. It almost feels light to drive even though there is that 6L lump up front. Suffers from slight understeer but that can easily be corrected with a dab of power in the lower gears. 8/10

Audi R8 650pp Suzuka.
All i can say about this car is the handling is biblical. Through the hairpin, the last chicane and the esses this thing is at it's best. Nothing can keep up when the going gets twisty. I actually was having a good race with a guy in a Tuned 111R whilst avoiding the tuned Clio rammers (I'm not up to pro standard yet. So intermediate it is). He messaged me after the race asking how the hell i was keeping up with or going faster than him through the esses. So it isn't just me giving you high praise. I love the traction on this car aswell. It grips and grips and grips but then when called upon you can pull some almighty powerslides. Only downfall with this one is the lack of speed. Could do with abit more power but when your having this much fun in the corners you don't really notice. 10/10 Perfect.

If i could make a request it would be a 650pp Ferrari 599 for Suzuka because i love this car to death apart from the very heavy handling and awful cornering. If you could do that for me i would be eternally greatful.

Cheers Paulie for taking my racing from pretty average to the next level and making me a force to be reconed with on the track.

:)

Hey Paulie, thought i would drop by and write a few reviews for you.

Tuned Vette 650pp Suzuka
This is a beast of a car. So much power under the hood even though the power has been dropped. I find in the corners it can be a struggle to get it to do what you want but the handling is noticably better than standard. It almost feels light to drive even though there is that 6L lump up front. Suffers from slight understeer but that can easily be corrected with a dab of power in the lower gears. 8/10

Audi R8 650pp Suzuka.
All i can say about this car is the handling is biblical. Through the hairpin, the last chicane and the esses this thing is at it's best. Nothing can keep up when the going gets twisty. I actually was having a good race with a guy in a Tuned 111R whilst avoiding the tuned Clio rammers (I'm not up to pro standard yet. So intermediate it is). He messaged me after the race asking how the hell i was keeping up with or going faster than him through the esses. So it isn't just me giving you high praise. I love the traction on this car aswell. It grips and grips and grips but then when called upon you can pull some almighty powerslides. Only downfall with this one is the lack of speed. Could do with abit more power but when your having this much fun in the corners you don't really notice. 10/10 Perfect.

If i could make a request it would be a 650pp Ferrari 599 for Suzuka because i love this car to death apart from the very heavy handling and awful cornering. If you could do that for me i would be eternally greatful.

Cheers Paulie for taking my racing from pretty average to the next level and making me a force to be reconed with on the track.

:)

Thanks for the reviews mate.👍 With the 599, what tyres are we looking at?

Hi Paulie,

Just wanted to let you know I had a blast running your RX-7 tune at Fuji 550 today (over at the NTSC side of things). The thing handles wonderfully and is quick enough to battle the leaders. Excellent job!

thanks,
bevelhed

Hi Paulie,

Just wanted to let you know I had a blast running your RX-7 tune at Fuji 550 today (over at the NTSC side of things). The thing handles wonderfully and is quick enough to battle the leaders. Excellent job!

thanks,
bevelhed

Thankyou for the kind words.👍 It's the car I've been using most in Fuji 550 myself this week, not because it's faster than all the others, but such a pleasurable and controllable car to drive.;) Although if the Jaguar XK was 1sec faster than it is now I'd use it, or if the Skyline Sedan didn't have its steering bug I'd use it too.

Great setup on the BMW 1035 (135i). I just plugged it in and jumped into a race mid-Saturday, great little car to re-aquaint myself with Fuji. Using a Dualshock3, I did adjust the brake bias to be a bit more rear-strong (4/7 iirc). Appreciated :)
No freerun means no lap times to report :/

Great setup on the BMW 1035 (135i). I just plugged it in and jumped into a race mid-Saturday, great little car to re-aquaint myself with Fuji. Using a Dualshock3, I did adjust the brake bias to be a bit more rear-strong (4/7 iirc). Appreciated :)
No freerun means no lap times to report :/

Cheers mate.👍

Urm, up to you. S2 or R1

Whichever works better.

Probably R1 being Suzuka, but that will mean severely downgrading the car, which I really don't like doing.:grumpy:

Hey Paulie. Just a note to tell you I used your old 512BB tune for Suzuka for the Race Event 02 race. I had all sorts of trouble with the car until mad94d pointed me in the right direction and recommended me to use it. Changed the gearing a bit and it all fell into place. Instead of an undrivable beast I now had a fun car to drive. 👍

We're gonna need that Mini tune.:D I'm sure you know why.

It will have to wait until tomorrow, we're having storm troubles here tonight, just had a big one pass, looks like another bigger one is on the way.:mad: I'll have to turn this computer off again soon too.

Hey Paulie. Just a note to tell you I used your old 512BB tune for Suzuka for the Race Event 02 race. I had all sorts of trouble with the car until mad94d pointed me in the right direction and recommended me to use it. Changed the gearing a bit and it all fell into place. Instead of an undrivable beast I now had a fun car to drive. 👍

Glad I could be of service.👍

Ah yes, good 'ol Australia.:D Thunderstorms do get annoying sometimes, but they are spectacular.

I'd imagine they're much bigger in QLD than in NSW.

I think so too. I heard them saying not long ago that QLD's South-East (where I am) is the Australian equivalent of America's tornado alley.

You know, I actually did make an RX-8 for Fuji 550 RWD but haven't been so hasty to post it. It has actually turned out to be faster than all of my other cars (because I haven't tested the Honda, Evora or Clio) with a lap time of 1'52.9. I'll post it eventually though, could be a good car for "novice" drivers.

Latest Posts

Back