RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

Ok, already tried the 156. To be honest it needs TCS 1/2 if on controller (as a side note ;)), and feels ok on citta d' aria, although anyway its 3 seconds slower than the DB9 (i did 1'45 w the db9 and 1'48 w the n/a alfa. 1'50 with the turbo alfa. I know, im slow:dunce:). I tried fitting it with the spec 2 turbo that gives 69 more hp but then it was hard to control with these settings, so i was 5 secs slower on this setup. Then i tried the N/A tuned 156 on "la festa italiano" race on autumn ring and the car was pure understeer. It went straight on every corner and it needed a lot of braking. Weird cuz brakes and downforce setting are aimed for oversteer. Thus i found it a citta d' aria setting only. Its a nice work though on that circuit, feels better than any ff ive always driven. I think you should make another setting for the car so it handles a turbo spec 2 with complete control, the power well handled could make for those 3 secs off.

Btw, i think the DB9 should get more tunning. After all, the real DBS is more than a DB9 with 500 hp, its got revised suspension, tranny, less weight. I think that those parts cheaper than FC will suit it better as well as a light tune, so we are fair with the "real" chase. Also, if Bond's car needs ballast, why not the badies one too? isnt bond going to shoot em? lol

Im beggining to think that an Aston-Catching Alfa is pure hollywood stuff :P. Dont blame your setting, blame the base car. :tup:To me almost all ff's are crap, so catching a car so planted (if a bit understeery...) like the db9 on an ff car with 200 hp less is a hard job, even if the aston weights like 500kg more.

Last edited:
Really? I didn't change anything.:P

Carbastard, thanks for looking at my 007-battle!

Yeah I thought about fitting the turbo, but considering it's a FF, it's better not to. First you would have a enormous turbo lag, followed by a everlasting amount of wheelspin. Maybe if I'd tune the transmission for it to handle the 'turbokick', it could do fine. But then again, I wouldn't think it could do anything in the lower RPM region.

What would you suggest me to do?

Yeah I agree with you that the 'DBS' needs further tuning for it to really be called a DBS, but really the chances of the Alfa would then vanish as fast as snow would in Miami.

But if you like I can tune a spec II for you.

Now I think you can say that the aston vs alfa is pure hollywood bullcrap, with lots of arguments. ;)

edit: fixed the sig.

Well, you asked me for suggestions so i checked out what could i do. Supercharging it is less powerful than n/a 2, turbo 3 would be kamikaze and turbo 2 already discarded. So, i tried n/a 3. Im not a suspension/tranny expert so i just touched the brakes and downforce. And i did it, i shaved those 3 seconds:dopey:. So, heres the scene:

You are 007, and its been a hard day. **** "Q", he told you M16 was on a budget so the order for your new Aston has been cancelled, he just gave you your old DB9 a bit more of power. Then "M" assigns you a mission on Siena, you hate the roads there, Whats more, you are kinda unexperienced on them, and its a hitman mission, a hard one, killing someone called "Vince" who is supposed to be working with Greene. To make it worse, you are still wondering what happened to her. You still feel Vesper's skin next to you. If it wasnt cuz "M" didnt allowed you to take your beloved Walther PPK gun you would shoot yourself. Wait, "M" took your gun? She did...oh my, this is gonna suck:ouch:.

You arrive at Siena, and find that a weird Alfa 156 is following you. You recognize it. It was on a dossier about Greene's henchmen, the one you read a week ago, tuned by the dude you had to kill. The dossier didnt had any techical specs though. Floor it, take all your courage and drive trough those twisty, narrow, irregular roads. Your car feels weird. It understeers :grumpy:. "Come on "Q", is changing the 9 for an S too hard?". That Alfa with a huge, funny looking spoiler is catching you. They shoot at you, but nevermind, your DB9 is at least bulletproof. Lets thank them for the shoots, it looks like that car has been so lightened its gonna be like shooting a tomato-soup can. Oh wait, "M" has your gun:ouch:. Could this get worse? No. Heres a straight line, my V12 will slaughter their limpy V6 on it, then ill be lost. No problems

****. Problems. The Alfa isnt giving up, EVEN IN THE STRAIGHT!!!:ill:. Whats going on? It follows me on the straights, the curves. This is gonna be harder than what i th...****!:scared:, its against my rear bumper!, he's got you. You are compromised, worse than that, you are dead, or at least as good as. :dunce::indiff:

Luckily for those who support Green (just like Vince, who tunes Greene's "company cars":sly:) an Alfa 156 CAN catch an Aston. Well, with the right conditions:

1. Bond is unexperienced in the road. You know it perfectly:).
2. Bond's car is almost stock. Yours is heavily (and expensively) modified:sly:.
3. Bond doesnt have a gun. If he did he would slice trough your unexistant ballast and your carbon-fibre body parts:yuck:.
4. You dont care about spending more cash on an Alfa than M16 did on a DB9:dunce:.

I finally did it. I managed a 1'44.904 lap on the 156 with slightly modified brake and downforce settings. Oh and a lvl 3 N/a tune-up.The Aston: 1'45.273. However i think i improved my driving style since driving the Aston so thats why i talk about condition 1.

This are the changes ive made to Vince's tune:

N/A Tune Up: Level 3.
BBC: Depends on you. It can be 9/10, 10/10, 10/9. I did it with 10/10.
Downforce: 30/28.
TCS: Im on a controller, so i switched it to 3.

This reminds me of what Jeremy Clarkson said about the Vauxhall Vectra VXR. "Putting this much power in a front wheel drive is got a name, its called...THE CHAOS THEORY!💡".

Nice idea vince, a hell of a fun :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the review carbastard. :)

I'm sorry but I'm ill at the moment, don't know if I'll be up here before the weekend.

I'll post further comments about your review when I'm okay again.

Thanks carbastard for your good review. I really liked the format and story like way of telling me what I did wrong in your eyes. ;)

About the no gun with 007 thing, let us say he just dropped it while he drove/jumped over a speed bump when the chase started, so he didn't have the chance to pick it up.

I'm updating the 156 right now, and I will be releasing the real DBS soon. (1'39 at Citta :))

quantum-of-solace-aston-martin.jpg

Aston Martin DBS (DB9)

Specifications:

Engine Type: V12: DOHC
Displacement: 5935cc
Power: 507hp/6000rpm
Dimentions: 4710x1875x1270
Weight: 1510kg + 100 kg ballast
Pwr/Wgt ratio: 3.18
Drivetrain: FR

color: oyster silver/solent silver. (you choose)
price: 164,470 Credits

Times:
0-100 km/h: 4.8 s
400 m: 12.597 s
Vmax: 312 km/h
Lap Citta d'Aria: 1'39.019

Parts:

First, do an oil change.
Yokohama black 8-spokes (optional, they look good)
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Brake Balance Controller
Racing chip
Triple plate clutch
Racing flywheel
Semi-racing suspension
Weight reduction stage 1

Settings:

BBC: 8/11

Suspension:
8.0/7.8
115/115
4/5
2.0/1.0

Ballast Weight: 100kg(he needs protection against bullets, doesn't he.)

Ballast Balance: 0 (neutral)

Driving aids: 0/0/0

Shaken, not stirred.

Vince, im glad you are ok now, but im sorry i have to drop this bomb, i guess it would be in the interest of making a much better alfa :sly:. Remember condition 1? Bond doesnt know the road? Well, if he did knew it as much as the guy in the alfa did...he...would be.... 2.7 seconds faster :boggled:. I tried it again with the DB9(s) and i made a 1'42.257 lap against the alfa's 1'44.904. I kinda improved a bit, lol. Im a nooby driver so thats why i couldnt make a better time with the alfa and my lap times are so erratic, perhaps you could if you were behind the wheel and made one designed to perform with the n/a 3 (which i guess is what you are doing:P).

Btw: Vince, i wouldnt call them "errors", its just what any sane guy would do try to tune a DB9 and a 156 for a fair race. Oh, and thanks everybody, it was quite fun writing the review :), but idk if it was enough to be awarded a tune by RVV:dopey:.

Last edited:
No problem Carbastard. I already tried improving the Alfa, as you can see here

And yes you are allowed to do a request.

I am working on the request. But since school doesn't let me do these endurance races, it takes longer than expected.

Last edited:
No worries Vince. And by the way, the xanavi JGTC GTR is another perfect good example of how i like cars to drive so you can make the project car resemble it a bit ;)

That's cool. Earning 4.5 million for the car took ages. I finally have it now, and it shouldn't take too long for me to tune the car.

R8-Banner.jpg

Audi R8 Race car

Parts:
R3 tyres are used in the setup, but I think the R1 or R2's should work too.

Settings:

BBC: 5/5

Suspension:
9.0/6.0
80/105
1/1
2/2
2.8/1.8
0/0
1/3

LSD: 10/28/15

Downforce: 63/88

Driving aids: off

About the car:
It's fast, too fast if you'd ask me. :P

-requested by CarBastard

If you think this is too extreme, you can alter the settings of the LSD to: 10/28/20

Btw, I updated my cockpit in my signature! :) Don't know if you can see it, but it's a PS3 ;). Here is where I tune the rides.

Last edited:
Wow!!! Thanks a lot Vince!!!, Although you cant tell me getting the r8 was harder than the R89C Vti tuned, hehe. Im gonna try it this weekend on the GT World Championship and ill let you know what i think. Also, you hitted the exact day on which Audi showed oficially the new R15. Pretty impressive pictures too. Oh, and congratulations on the new cockpit ;).

EDIT: Any suggestions on the downforce/assitss/tires settings?

Last edited:
ISMO 540R (NISMO 400R ‘96) Review:
Well, this seems to be a good car for Suzuka Circuit.It does oversteer but not enough to ever spin you out.It does seem to have a little bit of understeer but not much.I suggest making the lsd a lower number.
8/10

Well, i already tested the R8. And im sorry to say its not what i expected. I didnt asked for a beast, i asked for an LMP thats easier to drive than the rest. And its not what it is. It has great power and handling, it tops up at 380 at the straight of Sarthe Circuit I ,but the brakes are awful, and its extremely unforgiving. The rear lets go at the worse moments and you spin out, you have to brake very early, cuz if you turn the wheel at the same time you are breaking you will spin out. You can brake lately with it...only if you want to eat some grass. And this was on R3's!!! I suck as a driver, i even repeated my tests with team666's Pescarolo's and i got the same results. Im a 🤬 as a driver. But the R8 was more unforgiving and much of a challenge to drive than the Pescarolo, it even spun more times than the Pescarolo. The Pescarolo needs a slight abuse to spin, the R8 just needs you to touch a wall, a bit of grass or that an opponent gives you a touch in the tail and you are spinning already. I know making an easy driving LM racecar is almost impossible, but at least one that is more forgiving and that takes us awful drivers to a simulation of winning Le Mans, not to have 5 pages on our diary remembering us from our shame. My petition for it to drive like an A3 was very, very unrealistic, but i used it like a guideline. A Nismo GTR JGTC is also a car i adore how it handles and brakes, and i was expecting this Audi to be like it, just to find out it isnt.

I hate to say this when i know youve made such an effort Vince, i appreciate it, but i feel it can be better than this. Im really sorry for being so harsh, dont take it personally ;)

EDIT: Dude, i read my post again and i think i being seriously harsh, so please dont take it too seriously, please. Its just my opinion, so until a better driver gives you another dont be bothered, lol :sly:

Yeah the car is just a little bit too much for me, to be honest. I'm not so good with race cars. Now I'm here I remembered I forgot some points of the setup post. :P One of them might be of good use to you: you can higher the LSD deceleration to 20 if you think it's behavior is too extreme.

About the brakes, I thought they were good, you only need to adapt to them. If you brake early with half power, they don't lock up and you still have cornering potential. Yes if you slam the breaks and then steer you go loose over the place. :P

I even drove the A3 before the R8, just to get to know what you mean. After that I realized that it was really hard to make this hardcore race car go like a AWD A3. I tried my best, but I could give it another try if you'd like.

EDIT: Any suggestions on the downforce/assitss/tires settings?

I'm on it.

Either you're throwing the car around EXTREMELY hard or we've actually ruined something for a change.

Vince seems to have no problems driving it... The only way I could see the car trying to come out from under you is if you manage to go to full lock and full brakes instantly at the same time. The car throws weight and grip to the outside front, the rear sees an opening and takes it.

But hell, I haven't driven it, so for all I know it's an axe-murderer whereas the stock version was "impossible to crash" so to speak, in that it would understeer long before doing anything volatile.

EDIT: Unless... Unless someone has been driving our cars with ASM on.

I've seen it in many cases take a car that drives perfectly and make it drive horribly. Usually it will try to come out from under you under braking, force the slide to continue slightly, and then try to save itself... On low grip tires that is. On R-grades with massive downforce, that initial slide will kill you instantly as there is no regaining once those tires slip.

Last edited:
Maybe the problem is the massive downforce. Under high braking you decelerate really fast, so the tires lose quite a bit of traction in a very small period of time.

The thing is, I do want to help you. I just don't really have the expertise in this part of GT4, because I haven't successfully done these endurance races and the GTWC yet. Meaning I don't really know what you want. Trying to make a 800 bhp RWD drive like a AWD A3 is a bit unrealistic isn't it? I tried my best, but if that is not enough, you can always try Duck's setup or place a request at MFT.

Sadly Rotary Junkie's PS2 died, he's the race car expert in this shop really.

Last edited:
Calm down Vince:lol:. I never said you didnt wanted to help, neither that it was a realistic petition, just wanted to see a good tune:sly:. You did one, problem is, is that one for good drivers, thats all. I really appreciate what you did, and ive said it a lot of times. I apologize for my wrong opinions. Ive done a more scientific test today (with a cooler head:dunce:) and ive found that on Apricot Hill (a track that requires a lot of steering while braking) the Audi is faster than the Pescarolo (getting first place on the track day, 1'11.3xxx Vs. 1'14.xxx) although equally hard to drive. I think ill do two things:

1. Remove my coments.
2. Work a lot on my driving.💡

Then, i think i can give you some useful feed back on your new car when i am apt for driving it, and when its a complete product revised by Rotatory.

Until then, im writting a review on "Blood Mask" and ive got to tell you, thats one car i can drive, and that i love to drive:D

Back