RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

PF
I'll vote for the Lexus @ Capri, still have another 14pts to chase on that one and can't remember the car that was used for it.

Second vote goes for the RX-7 drag tune, in the hope that it can teach me a thing or two.

Sadly while the Lexus was built for A-spec, it only manages something like 140-160 depending on the opponent vehicle. :indiff:

There will be more in that same vein, however, and I'll expand on the Lexus' list of capable high-point events.

As for the RX, I'll PM it to you anyway, but it'll only go public with another vote.

Nice, want to see that one.

Got it ;)

This will be a good challenge car to my garage as I'm releasing the SL65 Black at GME. :mischievous:

Eheheh. Okay ;)

Legacy's suck when tuned, I don't know why but they do and I'm trying with the lighter B4 RSK. Even MFT's effort with the Blitzen wasn't 100%.

And oops PF, I'll send that tutorial to you. ;)

You're somewhat right there but I think I can emphasize where this car excels so it may wind up being at least quickish. I got a bit done on the diffs, higher exit speeds at the cost of somewhat more understeer. Still quicker than it was, and actually decent for an AWD that's not a Skyline.

1. 1998 Lexus IS200 US spec
2. 2002 RX-7 Spirit R

Lexus and circuit FD guaranteed then.

“RVV N3 CSL” (BMW M3 CSL ’02)
RVVN3CSL.jpg

Parts List
Racing brakes kit
Brake controller
Stage 1 NA tuning
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing chip
Transmission / Fully customisable
Triple clutch
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Fully customisable suspension
Road Tyres (N3) or Sports / Soft tyres (S3)
Weight reduction: Stage 3
Increase Rigidity
Wing
Wheels

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------11.0/8.0
Ride Height:-------70/75
Shock Bound:-------6/6
Shock Rebound:-----8/8
Camber:------------2.0/1.5
Toe:---------------(-1)/1
Stabilizers:-------3/4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Transmission:
Autoset to 10. Then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [3.350/2.330/1.736/1.402/1.194/1.050]
Final of 3.250.

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: 12/22/9

Brake Balance: 4/6

Ballast Weight: 0kg

Ballast Balance: 0 (neutral)

Downforce: 20/20

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
The normal BMW M3 is already a very capable machine. A powerful inline-six engine up front and rear wheel drive mounted on a balanced chassis makes one very fast coupe. However, when BMW decided to make the CSL version, which is a lighter, more hardcore version of the normal M3, they made a very capable machine, into one hell of a capable machine. So naturally, we wanted to make it even better. Power was bumped up to a nice 405bhp, giving the M3 the acceleration capabilities of a cheetah. Weight was reduced, a lot. Included in our tuning package is a paperweight, so you don’t lose the M3 in the wind. The suspension and brakes are tweaked to within and inch of their lives, with a wing aiding their mission. Their mission you ask? Their mission is to take this M3 around any circuit faster than any expensive high-end supercar. The ultimate driving machine? I think so. On a final note, this BMW will happily accept either N3 or S3 tyres without setup changes.

Winner of the TCv4 N3 tyre division.

As for the RX, I'll PM it to you anyway, but it'll only go public with another vote.

*votes for the RX*

I just found this garage.. will have to try some of these tunes out

I'm going to put together a few more drag tunes, work on the FD some more (hopefully go quicker), then release that in one package.

TCV5 vehicles will also be put into one post, and I'll see if I can make the Lexus a little higher in terms of point capability before I let it out.

Sorry to all about not coming back to this sooner, I had lost my flash drive somewhere in the chaos and then promptly forgot I had all this stuff to bring out :lol:

Alfa Romeo GT3 review

Okay then,

My second review, in a secind garage, with the opposite car (almost) to the last car i tested.

Anyway, lets get on... At first glance... :nervous: a tiny bit more power in a FWD car and on n3 tyres, my greatest fear in all of GT4... understeer. But, the tuning co. looks proffesional, tidy and seem to have won lots of things, lets give it a chance.

So, its set up as you say, - the FC tranny, if you say its optinal, the car will do without.

Now, i go to my test track... fuji speedway 90's. Prime time understeer land. I rev the car up and set off. T1 is a corner that produces understeer in any car, whether it be a fiat 500 or a toyota GT-one. I throw the alfa in at around 65mph in 2nd... understeer :scared: I then floor the throttle, smoke flails off of the front tyres and the understeer vanishes... this is B - R - I - L - L - I - A - N - T !!!!!!!!! For about 3 laps i just stop understeer by using all 260 odd horses in the front tyres, this though leaves the tyres calling the nspcc and complaining about my stupid driving. I start over and go fast. After lots of line testing and around 40Km i have got a 1:44:1 which in a car of this power and weight, is astonishing (for me). I watch the replay a few times convinced that I cut a corner. I havent, the car is planted and grippy, but doesnt wear to quickly. This car is staying in the garage and will be used for an event very very soon.

On to the marking, I guess all marking is unique, my marking is everytime.

Handling : 19.5/20 - this car is verging on perfect, it feels like a touring car and turns amazingly, it does still have a few issues, namely that is isnt the smoothest of drives in this car. But thats no biggie.

Speed and Performance : 20/20 - just perfect, the power is not a huge amount, but it fits the car, making it very gutsy, but not stupid.

Braking and shifting : 19/20 - I was amazed to find that late braking was encouraged by a car with stock brakes. WOW!. The gear box
though ... :ill: It is just stock, and i tryed your custom as well, but, it wasnt very rewarding, it just felt as if the car was being held back a bit.

Feel and personality : 16.5/20 - Now, no car is perfect, although this is very close, this car is very obedient. But it doesnt feel as if it is be its being obedient for me, it feels very... within itself. Which on any car makes it feel less exiting after a while, let alone an alfa. That said, this is a horrible thing to mark on as most cars that show you there personality envolve me ending up in a hedge somewhere, hence the handling grades are low on those sort of cars.

Total score - 76/80

Thats all for this car, I will find some time to review and drive another from this garage,

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Oscar.

Last edited:
Which car was this that you tested? I notice you didn't actually say which it was.

EDIT: Oh, now I see. Based on you saying Alfa exactly once in the review and mentioning that the FC trans was optional, I take it the vehicle in question is Vince's Alfa Romeo GT.

Thanks Oscar for your excellent review of my Alfa Romeo. You sure have a point on the transmission, maybe I should let the transmission expert, Rotary Junkie in this case, have a look? Just reply if you're interested.

On a side note, I've just returned from Italy. certainly a lovely holiday with my girl in Rimini. 15 km of boulevard, neat beaches. Yes it was quite good. Pasta, pizza and good weather. Last thursday it was 42 degrees Celcius! (107.6 fahrenheit)

I would be, i mean, this car if anything reminded me of a touring car. Only, the gears were so sluggish i only veiwed it as a much quicker alfa, I think that by sorting the gears and making the tail a bit less planted, this car would be perfect and complete. But that is just my personal opinion, I still love this car and I am using it.

Thanks.

Oscar.

Review of Blood Mask GT-R

I took the Blood Mask to the closest thing in GT4 to a touge - Costa di Amalfi. The car oversteers like hell at slow speeds :nervous:, but is fun to drive when at 80-120mph. The gears change easily, and I like oversteer - I'm a driftnut :sly:. If you managed to control this baby, it's probably because you have a steering wheel and I can't afford one.

Throttle control is your friend, if you can avoid being completely ham-fisted it won't try to come out from under you at low speeds :P

And my wheel was broken by the time I did that tune so it should be perfectly DS2 friendly.

Indeed, the Legos (Legacys) do suck in GT4, and I might have a clue why.. Could it be, that despite sharing engine and drivetrain with Impreza, they're actually FWD-biased, and thus suffer from similar handling issues as Bora/Jetta 4motion, Golf R32, Audi A3 3.2 etc? wouldn't be first goof-up from PD in this game..

sure rj.

surprised you're still at it, two years later. thanks again, to you and vince for putting all that bs on my head alone a couple years ago, class act by you guys. i had forgot the details but i looked back through the thread, and i gotta say, two years later im more convinced you guys were cowardly jerks then when it happened. :yuck:

but that's history.

came back to gtp because i remembered a couple tuners were highly successful, and i never tried their stuff. and while the tunes seem to be unconcerned with tire wear, they really are different and great.:)

good work grey and leo, still the original, still copied by hacks:yuck:, still the best, big props to MFT.👍

while i know grey and leo still do this cause they love it(and because they generate the traffic of a small forum in one thread alone) i was surprised to see you, rj, still TRYING to be them, and still measuring up quite short.

hopefully after this lil buzz dies down, it wont take rvv (or rrv or rtv ultra copper, whatever the acronym is now) multiple weeks for it's next reply.

caio, rockit.

Hey guys I wanted to write this out for you, because I haven't had an experience like the following Laugh out loud moment in gt4 before (except when I saw what 12% degrees camber looks like on me Aston martin).
The thing is I fancy meself to be a "tuner in the making" but yet at times I'll throw me best efforts away having become utterly frustrated to the max with them and hating me results. :ouch:
I was trying to tune the Z and it was handling like a boat in a bowl of tomato soup no lie! By the way, I really could use those guide lines from you that you are writing up teehee. I punched in your Devil Z numbers and proceeded to be blown away.. you guys definately know what you are doing because that car was glued to the track and your transmission settings breathed gobs of power into the life of the car. I began laughing out loud at my joy and jubilation upon seeing how I proceeded to kick but on the competion. Such control I had, what a weilding of devestating power and precision. I taunted the AI that had previously shoved me about like some nerdish schoolboy with the hi water pants and the broken glasses! At one point of the race i literally threw the z at a competitor broadside to watch the other car sail into the sand... Now I know that is not how we should behave but I couldn't hold back and the car was putty in my hands and it was very very very fun to drive and I appreciate what you boys did with it. Thanks . Now... if only I had come up with those settings:boggled::bowdown:
I even got cheaper and cheaper tires and the devil z was still glued down, how'd you do that anyay? I am impressed!
Your car settings for the devil z are ...truly... inspiring:bowdown::cheers: and once again it shows me the awesome cappabilities that are woven into Kazunori Yamauchi's games. thank you for bringing this out. Kudos to you amigos. Please teach me how to do what you do. It is the facinating , or one of the facinating and captivating things that I love about GT4.

Hey guys I wanted to write this out for you, because I haven't had an experience like the following Laugh out loud moment in gt4 before (except when I saw what 12% degrees camber looks like on me Aston martin).
The thing is I fancy meself to be a "tuner in the making" but yet at times I'll throw me best efforts away having become utterly frustrated to the max with them and hating me results. :ouch:
I was trying to tune the Z and it was handling like a boat in a bowl of tomato soup no lie! By the way, I really could use those guide lines from you that you are writing up teehee. I punched in your Devil Z numbers and proceeded to be blown away.. you guys definately know what you are doing because that car was glued to the track and your transmission settings breathed gobs of power into the life of the car. I began laughing out loud at my joy and jubilation upon seeing how I proceeded to kick but on the competion. Such control I had, what a weilding of devestating power and precision. I taunted the AI that had previously shoved me about like some nerdish schoolboy with the hi water pants and the broken glasses! At one point of the race i literally threw the z at a competitor broadside to watch the other car sail into the sand... Now I know that is not how we should behave but I couldn't hold back and the car was putty in my hands and it was very very very fun to drive and I appreciate what you boys did with it. Thanks . Now... if only I had come up with those settings:boggled::bowdown:
I even got cheaper and cheaper tires and the devil z was still glued down, how'd you do that anyay? I am impressed!
Your car settings for the devil z are ...truly... inspiring:bowdown::cheers: and once again it shows me the awesome cappabilities that are woven into Kazunori Yamauchi's games. thank you for bringing this out. Kudos to you amigos. Please teach me how to do what you do. It is the facinating , or one of the facinating and captivating things that I love about GT4.

I'm another case of "Tried and Failed :dunce:", i just didnt knew what to do and did it awfully with a GT-R R34 i tried to "tune" (when tune meant ruin entirely every aspect that made the GT-R great, buying every part for the car and then selling it for a fraction of the price due to anger). I would like to know how to do good tunes as well, but i guess it's their proffesional secret :lol:.

I have a question do you redline on the staging light? Or do you set the car at a certain rpm on the drag racing track?

Which Z, mate? We've got two so if you don't specify red or purple it's not obvious which you're referring to ;)

Thank you for the glowing review. Makes me quite happy.

Okay.

Actually the confusion was my fault, the Purple Devil never got put on the main page, it's there now though.

Said Purple Devil is going to be a bit nuts next to the Red Devil and will be a bit more difficult to drive if you choose to try it.

Also, thank Vince for the unflappable handling of the Red Devil, not me. All I did on it was the gearing, :lol:

M5BannerTest.jpg

Parts List
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
S3 Tires
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
FC LSD
Rear Wing

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
Spring Rate:-------9.6/6.2
Ride Height:-------85/85
Shock Rebound:-----8/9
Camber:------------2.4/1.9
Toe:---------------0/0
Stabilizers:-------7/4
Transmission:
Reset to default settings. Autoset to 1, then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [4.607/3.593/2.946/2.504/2.048/1.732/1.415]
Final of 2.500.

LSD: 15/45/15

Brake Balance: 5/10

Downforce: 30/30

Aids: N/A, this isn't a normal M5.

BMW wanted a hardcore version of the M5. They were smart (or would you consider it mad?) enough to send one to us. They wanted power, we wanted handling, they wanted comfort whilst we wanted it to become the ultimate driver's sedan.

Notice the 292kg weight loss, absolutely stock output, and the wing bolted to the Bangle Butt decklid. It's clear who won the fight here, and clear that this is one car that everything has to move over for.

RVV GT-450R (Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) ’00)

R34GTR-1.jpg

Parts List
Racing brakes kit
Brake controller
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing chip
Transmission / Fully customisable
Triple clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon driveshaft
Stage 2 turbine kit
Fully customisable suspension
Sports / Soft tyres (S3)
Weight reduction: Stage 3
Increase Rigidity
Wing
Wheels

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
Spring Rate:-------10.6/8.0
Ride Height:-------114/124
Shock Rebound:-----8/9
Camber:------------2.5/1.8
Toe:---------------(-1)/2
Stabilizers:-------1/2
Transmission:
Autoset to 6. Then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [4.423/3.023/2.281/1.836/1.521/1.1294]
Final of 2.500.

LSD: Default

Brake Balance: 5/10

Downforce: 30/33

Aids: None at all
Notes:
The Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R, arguably one of the most popular cars on the import scene and regularly finds itself in everyone’s dream garage. Naturally though, no car that arrives at RVV stock, leaves stock. We tuned this superb piece of technology with one thing in mind: To outrun everything that appears in the rear view mirror. With over 450 horsepower and a wing fit for a Super GT car, this R34 can easily handle its power. Infact it could handle more but then you’d be going through tyres like a baby goes through nappies/diapers (depending on where you’re from). Suspension and transmission is more than taken care of. Having been tweaked and tuned more than an old TV, this R34 will make you think twice about doubting the hype that goes with the GT-R badge. The heavyweight that can move like a lightweight, the RVV GT-450R.

When are you going to get back to Remember The Name, Roj? Seeing as you're back tuning cars...

When are you going to get back to Remember The Name, Roj? Seeing as you're back tuning cars...
At this rate, never. It's been so long that even I've forgotten which direction the story was meant to be heading. Sorry. :indiff:

I need to shift a few cars out into the showroom floor, I got lots of TC entires that I should make public here.

Hey RJ, I've been using the settings for your recent M5 to compare with the almost-default tune I was using; except I used S2s, no weight reduction, no wing, 14kg ballast and at Infineon.

But ____ it still works! It is gloriously tail-happy, and can turn into a violent drunk at about 200kph, but it's a really lively, invigorating and creative tune. I've not yet tried your full tune with tyres/weight/wing, but I'm sure it would explain every problem I've had with driving the car. This tune absolutely decimated the times of the test runs I'd done at or near default with the same parts. To an embarrassing degree.

The biggest problem I had with my limitations was with the wing, ie little stability at high speed. May I respectfully ask how you would suggest modifying the suspension to successfully incorporate the above-mentioned criteria?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back